When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-9KZK

Rating and Reviews: Laney CUB10 Guitar Amp

Get clear, natural guitar tones or gainy vintage tones with this 10 watt combo amp. The preamp features tone, volume, and gain control.

"Laney Cub 10" submitted December 14, 2014

By Andrew Moxom in Woodbury, MN
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock blues
Overall: The cub 10 is a total sleeper amp. The stock HH speaker is a little thin, but swap it out for a Jensen Mod 10-70 and this thing will open up and surprise you with its ability to growl. Pure 6v6 clean tone, crunch, and hairiness all in one small simple package. Takes pedals well, and plugging in a cabinet takes this tone machine to an even better level.... The lack of metal corners, (these are black plastic) will not stand up to any abuse. The power light flickers a little... But overall I am happy with this purchase, its light, portable, and can really rip.

"The best kept secret in tone" submitted December 28, 2012

By Jammie Dow in Newcastle, WY
Musical Background: Been playing for 20 years also build my own amps
Music Style: Delta blues, Texas blues, southern rock, some harder ac/dc etc rock
Overall: Well I gotta say this is a great amp! I don't use pedals or effects always straight into the amp. I also build amps. This one has that natrual tube warmth, crunch, and sparkle. A bad guitar will sound bad thats what I like about it! Also makes a great guitar sound great just like the old amps do sheer guitar tone. Never tried humbuckers through it but a good sounding guitar will sound good! My strats have a ringing brassy belltone that when I pick them out to buy thats what I look for acoustically no amps no need for one in picking any guitar out except to make sure the pickups and switches work and this amp lets it through tele is the same way brassy like crossroads the movie and this amp gives it up and lets it through! I had a few fender pro juniors a few years back and had to mod them to get the goods they just wouldn't let the ringing brassy tone through. Some people may not like it stock but then again I would blame the guitar first and go play some electrics acoustically and pick ur sound.

"Outstanding!!" submitted September 25, 2014

By Bill J in Ashburn, VA
Musical Background: Sunday mornings
Music Style: Rock, Christian, Classic rock
Overall: I have been looking for a grab and go combo for about 3 years. I tried the Ampeg GVT15-112, the Ibanez TSA15, the Fender Pro Jr and the Blues Jr. I sold them all for various reasons (sounded boxy, baxandahl eq was silly, effects loop was noisy, had to crank it to get good tone, etc). In a lot of cases, I also experimented with speaker changes. I will keep this Laney. For the combination of weight and sound, this Laney is AMAZING. I don't understand how they did it. It doesn't sound boxy, it sounds big and open. It's plenty loud, you can crank the master volume and it stays pretty clean. The only concern is that it is bright. I've got the tone and the gain set at 9:00 and the volume set at 3:00 and I'm running a GSP 1101 through the front. it sounds great. I own a lot of really nice amps: Mesa Ta-15, 1968 Princeton (Real), 1968 Bandmaster (real), Vox AC30 and a Hot Rod Deluxe. I LOVE THIS AMP. It's not as good as any of the amps in the collection, but I like it better than all the things I sold.

"I was very impressed!" submitted March 1, 2012

By John K in Escondido, CA
Musical Background: Guitar player for 30 years
Music Style: Play rock, hip-hop, country, blues, electronic, chill ragtime, regga, about everything.
Overall: I didn't expect such a great sound from such a small basic looking amp. A pro could record an album with this and no one would know it's a $200 amp! The only issue I had was that the bulb can work loose in transit. You literally just need to unscrew the cover & tighten the bulb. Then replace the cover and this should solve the problem!

"Laney CUB 10 guitar combo amp" submitted November 16, 2014

By Cal C in Breckenridge, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Former 'road dog' pro, been playin' forever, still gig regularly, guitar/vocals
Music Style: rock, classic/blues based rock, a bit-o-blues.
Overall: I bought this as a "grab n' go" smaller footprint option for sit-in gigs in smaller venues. My main amp is a Carr Rambler 1x12; and I wasn't expecting this little warrior to hold a candle to that.. but was hoping it would play nicely with my pedal board for these small gigs and have a familiar character due to the similar tube compliment.The amp arrived in good shape and, even with it's Chinese pedigree, seemed to be built pretty solid and cosmetically fit the bill. I did notice that the 6V6GT tubes had smaller 'bottles' than the standard 6V6GT tubes in my Carr.. I'm still trying to get info from Laney on those. First playing impression was that it had much more volume and punch than I expected; however the stock H+H 10" speaker had to go immediately. I anticipated this and ordered an Eminence Ragin' Cagun Patriot 75 watt (8 ohm) 10" along with the Laney CUB 10. After a short demo to see what the tone stack and various volume/gain settings would produce, I decided to swap out the speaker. NOTE: if your going to do this take your 'patience pill' first.. you will have to remove the entire amp section to access the tiny speaker mounting nuts, which (on this particular amp) seemed to be welded on.. they were very difficult to remove! After completing the swap, I was rewarded with much richer, more open tones. I've used this on a few gigs and received some 'jaw dropping' reactions from other musicians who know my signature tone with the Rambler. It's definitely a 'sleeper' and, because of it's diminutive size, doesn't intimidate small club owners. Time will tell how it holds up, but for now have a very useable alternative for my standard rig (all in around $270!) and can take it anywhere in any weather without risking my Carr. I'm gonna let the stock tubes burn in and find their 'voice' before possibly swapping. I start with these settings and tweak for each venue: tone-10 o'clock; volume - max; gain 9/10 o'clock.

"Great little amplifier" submitted September 23, 2012

By Walter P in Kirkland, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Song writer, multi-instrumentalist.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues, country, etc.
Overall: This is a great little amp with one huge exception - the stock speaker is dog meat! I dropped a Weber Signature in the box and it really came to life. For me, this is the perfect amp for recording and practicing because it sounds great and has such a small footprint. At idle you can barely hear the amp at all, unlike a lot of similarly priced amps that hiss and hum, effectively ruining the ambience of a late night session. I opted for the "blemished" model (I'm still trying to figure out what the blemish is!) from zZounds and saved $50. If you're looking for real ceramic tube sockets, a leather handle, stainless steel corners, etc. you're going to have to look elsewhere but for those looking for a solid, sweet sounding amp for a great price pick up one of these Laney CUB10s. My rating below is AFTER swapping the speaker!

"after 1 month" submitted June 9, 2014

By steve n in georgetown, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 36 years practicing musician.
Music Style: classic rock.jazz,blues.
Overall: Got this amp for recording at home.The speaker is not a Celestion in mine they put a HH electronics in it from the factory.Sounds wonderful.Tight low end and sweet highs.This amp can get as loud as my 50watt solid state.tube breakup is in the expected place on the dials,about the size of a champ.Amp is very playable stock.Most Tube people change tubes and speakers easy access to both,I only changed the pre tubes to my prefered type because that the sound I wanted,amp is great out of the box though.

"Really decent small combo" submitted March 25, 2015

By Alexey U
Musical Background: 20+ years
Music Style: blues, rock
Overall: Sounds solid, good fat tone for 10'' speaker. Great for practice and maybe small gigs. It has one channel, with gain to max. it gives 50th style drive. Works with not-too-loud band. Durable enough. Handled it's full volume.

"cub 10" submitted December 19, 2014

By lee d in redwood falls, MN
Musical Background: guitar
Music Style: country rock
Overall: This amp is a wonderful practice amp but hooked up to my 4x12 its a slammer. Great price, love it!

"Great tube sound...while it lasts..." submitted April 15, 2016

By Mike Kohn in Neshkoro, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years, semi-professional, mostly rhythm.
Overall: You can read all the other reviews and yes, this amp does have great sound, even before the common mods of replacing the speaker with a Jensen MOD 10-70 and the tube swaps...but beware, as a number of these units shipped with bad thermal fuses that shut the amp down for literally no reason at all. Mine arrived quickly and I enjoyed the living heck out of it for a total of 15 minutes when it completely DIED. Vol at 3, Gain at 7, tone at 7, had an early SX SJM-62 with Wilkinson soapbars plugged into it. Sounded great...for a few minutes.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-9KZK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976