When you call, mention priority code 1733-GLD6

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Spider IV 75 Amp

Meet your new practice partner! Loaded with Line 6 amp and effects models, the Spider IV 75 guitar amp makes it easy and affordable to get the tone you want.

"Perfect companion for my Spider Valve MKII Head" submitted June 30, 2013

By Stephen Worthington in Cloverdale, IN
Musical Background: gigging since early 80's
Music Style: What ever needs played ...lean towards rock and hard rock a a personal preference.
Overall: Since this Line 6 Spider IV 75 Guitar Combo Amp is so so similar to my Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head It is the perfect practice/smaller venue/backup amp for me. I have been able to get very very close to same tones I use normally and don't have to drag my 412 and head everywhere I go to play to have my presets with me. Since i use the Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII Controller Pedal with both amps I don't struggle at all when I switch rigs. The combo is loud enough to provide good stage volume and sounds great mic'd up. One could easily use this combo in a smaller venue un-mic'd and of course you could use it anywhere with a decent PA. The only thing that would make this pair sweeter would be if the the amps used the same preset editor instead of one for Spider IV and one for the Spider Valve MKII and you could save your presets for use on both amps instead of having to manually enter a preset from one from to the other. I guess one could always go with the Spider Valve MKII 112....hmmm..... but that is really a primary combo amp and it is much heavier... I say get one and be pleasantly surprised what you can get out of it. I highly recommend getting a foot controller with the amp...it will make your life so much easier.

"Killer tones and effects... swiss army knife of combos" submitted September 3, 2009

Overall
Sound: This amp is smokin! great tones... you do have to tweak the brashness out of some of the presets, but when you do, look out. This is an incredible deal. A whammy pedal is $200 alone! Feature: Hard to beat all the great effects and tweak-ability. Great effects, my current FVB floorboard (Flextone) worked fine. Ease of Use: Simple to access presets and to build your own Quality: We'll see... just got it, so I hope it last a long time :) Value: 10++++++++ here on te value.... best going these days. Manufacturer Support: So so here on Line 6 in the past... hope I don't need them

"Sex appeal and power built into one hot package!" submitted February 4, 2011

Musical Background: Lead guitarist, active in local band
Music Style: Rock, metal, classic rock, blues
Sound: I can't begin to describe the depth of tonal quality of this amp. I have over 20 years experience and have pumped sound through Marshall,Peavey, Randall,Behringer, Fender, Gorilla and a handful of others, including some other Line 6 amps. To be honest I was iffy on this purchase but now I'm glad I made it. Highs are crisp without cracking. The mid range is full bodied and never seems muddy. The lows shake my floors and until I put a non skid mat under this bad boy it was walking across those same floors. I brought it to an audition today and was actually out-powering a 150 watt rig the rhythm guitarist was playing through :) Feature: If there is a "least useful" feature .... well I did not find it. If you do please let me know. The controls are a bit to master, but when you download the advanced documentation available from the Line 6 website you'll figure it out in no time. The sheer versatility of the amp's built in effects will have you pleased in no time! Ease of Use: As I mentioned above, the controls take a bit of reading to get the hang of. It's not a big learning curve, but it's there. All in all, I think it would have been nice if Line 6 had included a more detailed manual. However, at the same time I'm guessing they are helping to keep our end costs down by not printing a massive book and charging us for the paper. Keeping that in mind, I'd rather they keep things as is! Quality: This thing is built SOLIDLY. Like that old song about the guy standing 6 feet solid from the ground up. It shakes my walls, but it's put together so well that there isn't a peep of vibration noise from the cabinet. It's weighty, the construction is well done. I have built custom cabinets and frankly I wish I did as nice a job. If I didn't know better I'd swear they had some very talented carpenters build this by hand. Value: The price I paid for this amp was better than a bargain. Between the already fair price and zZounds price beating, I walked away feeling like a master bargainer. I'd gladly pay it again for another amp of this quality! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with support. I rate this as a ten because the only times I give a 10 is when there is no need for support, or I have contacted them and they have been perfect in their attempts to help. The Wow Factor: This thing looks darn sexy! If you're like me and you are one of those guitarists on the stage that you sort of hope the women will watch your equipment instead of you,then you're set! They'll love you for your big Line 6 spider IV 75! Overall: I can't help but rate this as a 10 overall. If my opinion should change I will somehow let you know. In the mean time, I'm going back to playing!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"best bang for your buck" submitted May 6, 2011

Musical Background: amateur
Sound: This is my first amp. It sounds pretty good to my ears and is pretty responsive. I am still experimenting with it and have a lot to learn. I am unable to fully attest to its sound quality or compare it to let's say to a tube amp. I gave it an 8 because I can imagine a better sound. Feature: I did a lot research before buying this amp. There was no real competition in terms of versatility. I also took advantage of the free MKII pedal offer at the time (99 dolar value), which dramatically expanded the pool of effects....I mean this amp is jampacked with models, effects, even a quick loop. The only thing it does not have is a drum machine which I couldn't care less about. I still haven't gotten to learning to use half of what's available. Ease of Use: There is definitely a learning curve. I am not sure it can be simplified further. This is an inherent "drawback" when you buy a versatile amp like this versus a simple amp with no perks. Quality: I have not abused the amp and do not gig since I am a beginner. However it looks very sturdy and made of quality material. It looks at least as good as other amps I have seen in stores. Value: nothing beats this amp in terms of versatility. If you are looking for a practical amp that does it all (almost), look no further. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed support yet. The Wow Factor: I would say the features are attractive but the appearance is ordinary. Overall: I do not intend to give up on my amp. If it were lost I would buy it again. Once I am comfortable with all the features, and once I am advanced enough in my guitar skills that I am ready to gig, I would start comparing to more pro-amps, especially tube amps to try and feel for any differences. I will also by that time , have a better sense of what sound I am looking for (hopefully), and which effects I care (or not) about.

"Line 6 improves your sound. Period!!" submitted March 15, 2011

Music Style: Rock and Bluegrass
Sound: The idea of having the sound of older tube amps intriged me. I am very impressed with all th amp mods this amp has. I can go from 60's Fender to a Marshall with the turn of a switch. I play older rock music and can my choice of amp sound to fit my situation. Feature: I ordered the matching foot pedal and it has not arrived as of yet. I am still on the learning curve as far as all the custom effects and looping. All my other amps require pedals, and they become a burden with batteries and cables. This is a clean set-up. Ease of Use: All the the abundance of effects are easy to dail up and use. Value: I could not afford to purchase all the amplifiers and effects this amp combines into one amp. Overall: The only other sound this amp cpould use is an Accoustic setting.

"Spider turns Pro!" submitted October 9, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer.
Music Style: jazz ,rock, pop,
Sound: I have two pro guitar friends and they both use Line6 amps. I bought the spider iv for the pitch and harmony effects I knew the rest of the amp was top notch. The tones are incredibly responsive and react just like my tube fender. I will never leave home without it. So much in so small a package and LOUD enough for gigs. I play with a loud band an sometimes mic my amp. Now i dont have to use a different amp for practice this thing is perfect. I am a tube amp owner but for the versatility, weight and most importantly SOUND this is my amp of choice. I have also discovered some really nice synth sounds, a serious bass tone, and using the volume pedal a nice string Pad simulation. Very Nice!! Feature: I bought the floorboad (a must have to really enoy this amp live). The wide variety of amps and effects are enough for any player. having owned serval of the vintage pedal they modeled the they did a wonderful job of making them work well with the amp models
22 of 24 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Line 6 spider IV 75 combo Amp WOW" submitted September 8, 2012

By Ken B in Jacksonville, NC
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Country,Blues,Rock,Jazz
Overall: This Amp Is amazing. you can get almost any sound out of it you want or need. It can be very soft and sexy. Or Loud enough to rattle the windows. the preloaded settings will keep you busy for weeks and I don't think you will get bored with this amp. it appears well made and professional quality.

"Great amp!!!" submitted February 3, 2014

By George L in Santa Rosa, CA
Musical Background: I jam guitar in a little band
Music Style: Classic rock and metal \ii/
Overall: I've had this spider vi 75 for about two weeks and I love it. You can match or get close enough to almost any tone. Zzounds price matched and then some and earned a new life long customer.

"Spider IV" submitted October 28, 2012

Musical Background: Guitar for 14 years
Music Style: Rock, metal
Sound: The sound overall was fantastic! The cleans are splendid, the dirty is very in your face, tank running you over type. The insane channel reminds me of the peavy 6505. Feature: I love the multi selection for channels and then the categories makes it easier to choose your sound. Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: Oh yeah it was. Value: It's a good amp for the price Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to use them The Wow Factor: 10 out of 10 Overall: Was a good amp

Line 6 Spider IV 75 Amp Customer Review submitted October 12, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Small band member
Music Style: Various types of hard/heavy.
Sound: The sound is great, the features are easy to use (and I'm discovering more every day) but of course I'm sure you've heard many times, the volume issue is a pain in the ass and like many, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get around it. Hopefully a firmware update will fix it and keep the volume at it's last used setting rather than resetting it to the ear-shattering levels they are currently at. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this amp (Spider IV 75). Keep up the nice work! Feature: The mini pedal (MKII something or other, I forget just now) is OK. I wish you could somehow go up and down banks but the expression pedal is great. I love the fact that I can even my sloppy wah action doesn't turn the pedal off - the pressure required to move back and forth between volume and wah is perfect. Ease of Use: I'm still getting the hang of it and I am no tech wizard but I can't think of a better interface than what you've come up with. Simple, fun, just nice to use. Quality: Haven't really put it through it's paces yet, not on stage anyway but it seems to be built solildy enough. I had to basically drag it from Hong Kong, through the downtown area, onto a ferry to mainland China and then home (with no box or packaging - I had to buy the floor model) and it survived that trip. Value: Unbelievable value for the money, period. Manufacturer Support: The service at Tom Lee music - either in Canada or HK, is deplorable. I wandered that store for well over an hour before anyone would talk to me. Not your problem, I know. I just wanted to vent. The Wow Factor: I bought this in spite of the fact that I had very little knowledge or experience with Line 6 products. The usability, features and above all the SOUND absolutely blew everything else in it's price range away. In terms of sex appeal, who wouldn't want a big Marshall or Peavy stack in their bedroom? I think in terms of brand perception, Line 6 has a ways to go before they're thought of on the same level as Marshall or Peavy but in my opinion, Marshall and Peavy have fallen behind in recent years, especially where their practise amps are concerned. Line 6 is the future - for my playing needs, a good quality modeling amp is where it's at! Overall: At my current level of playing ability, it's everything I need and more. I would definitely replace it immediately if it were stolen and would certainly consider an upgrade in a couple years - gotta have the latest, greatest, right?

"Easy to use with presets galore!" submitted May 6, 2011

Musical Background: Active Hobbyist
Music Style: Classic Rock, Alternative
Sound: This is a great amp to get if you are a beginner or seasoned with amps. I originally purchased a Peavey Vypyr and while I loved the sound of the Peavey, I ended up spending all of my practice time experimenting with the knobs justto get the sound I wanted. Left very little time for actual practice, so I traded it in for a Line 6 Spider IV 75 Combo Amp. This has worked much better for me because it has so many presets, I can just turn it to my favorite ones and still experiment if I want something different. Great amp for the money. They only disappointment is it advertised a preset for Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love, and it doesn't have this song.

"Pretty amazing line 6 amp!" submitted April 29, 2012

By Jim Pittman in La Habra, CA
Musical Background: active guitarist for 15 years
Music Style: jazz/blues/rock
Overall: I have had a line 6 amp before and have no complaints about it. They are really good, especially at having different options as far as different amp modes and effects. I am very pleased with the line 6 75 watt amp model. The only features I really am not using is the short loop effect. I found it to be pretty tricky to use and I would rather spend the money to buy a loop pedal to fit my needs better for use and functionality. All in all this amp has got it. It is really the work horse I needed for my strat and I couldn't be more thrilled with it.

"Great amp no doubts about it." submitted October 26, 2013

By matthew chadwick in Leesburg, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Played for 2 months. Play guitar at home for relaxation.
Music Style: Metal, rock, hard rock. Metallica, Black Sabbath, Tool, and Clutch are some of my favorites.
Overall: Not really much more to add to what everyone else has already said here. It is a fantastic amp. Great effects, wonderful sound, and most importantly it is a dream to use. So much control over the tone a novice like me can be overwhelmed but keeping it simple till I get to where I can use them all effectively. So many different types of sounds can be made with this thing it is crazy. The settings under fun make some neat sounds too. Overall this is a great purchase and am happy to have my Christmas present early.

"Spider IV 75 amp is the boss!" submitted November 4, 2012

By Eddie O in Manassas, VA
Overall
Musical Background: My son has been playing for 2 1/2 years He plays Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards, & Trumpet.
Music Style: All genres , but he likes rock,blues and screamo.
Overall: Bought amp at local music store for my son. He loves it , the band he is in just asked him to start playing lead. The Spider IV 75 lets him play so many different genres.The different preset are really great and the sound quality is amazing. I would recommend this amp .

"Way Fun" submitted December 12, 2013

By Dean B in Glendale, AZ
Musical Background: 6 years bedroom player
Music Style: I rock sir
Overall: This review is for anyone who wants to play at bedroom level and have any tone you could ever want. Yes get that tube amp but you have to have one of these, it's stunning how many tones and affects you can get in any combination. Forget the presets that's someone else's noise you want the sounds in your head and it's here. The Celestion speaker is stamped G-12! No boxy sound here lows are deep mids are crunchy and highs and clear. I did say bedroom level but if you feel like hurting yourself or others try a little under 1/2 volume for a second. You'll only do that once. It's not perfect, the flange type affects are so so, auto wah and pitch glide...why? Won't take you long to find the value, set up 4 channels of face melting tones you can change as your tastes change, Clean, Crunch, Lead, Crushing. I love this thing and would recommend it highly. I have an Orange tiny terror and I've had a Marshall, Blackstar and Vox and in this amp I have them all WITH every pedal known all for 300$...yeah I'm happy.

"An amp i will Love Forever" submitted December 15, 2010

Musical Background: hobbyist, musician
Music Style: general rock
Sound: Very crisp and sexy. A wide range of amazingness and a buttload of preset sounds Feature: It has lots of effects that are very helpful. it cam with a pedal to switch between channels. Ease of Use: pretty gravy Quality: rock solid. heavy. it'll be around a while Value: really good for the price Manufacturer Support: never had to get it repaired or anything like that. no problems The Wow Factor: soo sexy Overall: i will love it forever

"Line 6 Spider IV 75 Guitar Combo Amp" submitted November 11, 2013

By Robert Fortner in Hudson, MI
Musical Background: 1 year Guitar
Music Style: Country,Blues.Bottleneck guitar
Overall: It was delivered promptly.Packaged well.Does everything I want from an amp and more.Volume set at 3 or 4,anymore than that and it will blow the windows out.Good clear sounds,no rattles or scratchy stuff..Only con is make sure you get the foot pedal with it or you cant download or upgrade midi without it.

"LINE 6 REALLY HIT THE MARK WITH THIS AMPLIFIER!!" submitted September 24, 2013

By Bobby Schroll-BoDean in Cleveland, OH
Musical Background: 40 yrs professional artist. Multi-Instrumentalist
Music Style: various
Overall: I AM TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THE MULTITUDE OF WAYS YOU CAN SHAPE YOUR SOUND WITH THIS BEAUTY!! WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT???

"Best All Around Amp" submitted August 14, 2012

By Tim G in Jupiter, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar in bands until I finished college. Now I just jam at home.
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: I've owned 3 amps in my life. An old Fender pre-cbs, a Marshall JCM 800 100 watt stack and now this little gem. You can debate the tube vs. solid state vs. modeling amp all day long. In my opinion the Spider IV 75 W puts the debate to rest. Between the 16 modeled amps, the sound controls, the multiple effects and the preset tones, I can get tones out of this amp that range from my old Fender to my Marshall as well as many others. The versatility is unmatched. And then there's the price. I can't speak for a Professional player, but for an amateur, this amp has it all.

"Line 6 Spider IV Guitar Combo Amp" submitted May 6, 2012

By Sidney W
Musical Background: Beginner guitar
Music Style: Blues, Lite Jazz, Rock
Overall: I am a 68 year man trying to learn guitar. This amp is great for the different sounds that it can give you. I have a long way to go but this amp is going to make it more enjoyable. I must also mention that I am on a fixed income & ZZsound has made it possible for me to buy this amp by way of their 4-payment plan! Thank you ZZsounds you have earned my bussiness, also the shipping was great, fast, and on time!!! Will be back soon. Sidro

"Best Practice Amp Ever Made" submitted July 11, 2011

By a customer from lucysez.com
Musical Background: Weeked Rocker
Music Style: Psychedelic Blues
Sound: Tons of sounds, and can't beat the quality in this price range. Yes, a $3,000 Boogie half stack or an actual vintage Fender Twin is gonna sound a bit better than the models here - but to get "close enough" versions in this prices range and in a package you can tote around without a burly road crew is just awesome. Feature: Great set of sounds, great models on both the amp and effect front, but feels like a bit of a gyp that you've got to purchase one of the pedal boards to be able to connect to a PC for upgrades and such. Ease of Use: Easy to select and tweak sounds, but a little tedious to do heavy editing without connecting to a PC. Quality: Have only had it a brief spell, but no problems thus far and seems solid enough. Value: Best practice amp ever made in this price range. Swiss army knife of sounds in an easily toteable package. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Guess it's not quite as sexy as a heavy-duty tube monster and a box full of pedals, but definitely a lot of sounds here for gear-heads. Overall: This amp is actually going to replace my prior setup of a POD XT pedal board that I previously toted around with me and just plugged into whatever amp happened to be sitting around and/or straight into the mixing board. Gonna be nice to have all of my favorite sounds without having to mess with tweaking the pedal board to match the amp, likewise be nice to leave my tube combo set to it's natural sound rather than constantly juggling between that and a setup that sounds nice with the POD.

"Lotta crunch for a little cash!" submitted January 13, 2014

By Sean C in Blountville, TN
Musical Background: played for 25 yrs
Music Style: classic rock and 80's metal
Overall: Very well rounded amp, many nice variations of tonal qualities.

"Line 6 Spider IV used but still kicks butt." submitted August 6, 2013

By Jeffrey G in Kapolei, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Played professionally for about 10 years. I play mostly Guitar, then Bass , then Drums.
Music Style: I play Rock, Metal, Alternative, Contemporary, and world music.
Overall: I bought it from a music store that was selling it for $125.00. Had alot of scratches and alittle dirty, so I didn't expect much from it. Took it home and cleaned it up a bit and plugged my guitar in. set it to the presets on it and started to play.... Woah !!! this thing is loud, sounds Killer and most of all only weighs a few pounds. Cheap price I paid but the sound cranks big time!

"Decent for the price" submitted March 7, 2012

By Manic Ghost in Port Charlotte, FL
Musical Background: professionally
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Overdrive is a bit ratty but can be fixed with a tube pedal mixed in with the gain.The speaker responds nice since I stuffed insulation in the back of the amp.It's a awesome little practice amp for metal.The cleans are nice.I hardly ever touch effects except for the wah which sounds decent ,if your into effects there are alot of effects built in and they sound good.Especially for the price Feature: I like the line six fbv shortboard Ease of Use: Sounds awesome with insulation stuffed in the back to hear the bass response from the celestion speaker.This amp is very easy to use and set up. Quality: Seems to be made very well.I have had it for 3 months without any problems.ZZounds beat a deal that G.C. was having for 250 bucks on these.I am amazed I got such a nice amp for that price. Value: Very worth it. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact line six before.When I purchased the amp it came with the P.O.D. software.I went to the line six site and downloaded it and registered my amp for the warranty.The site seemed to have a lot of technical support. The Wow Factor: It is a perfect little amp for practice at home. Overall: I did not like the open back so I stuffed it full of Pink Panther insulation,man,what a difference it made.Also the distortion is kind of ratty on these.It sounds really good with the drive set half way and a real 12xAx7 tube pedal about half gain.The effects are awesome and easy to use,especially for the price.

"Spider IV 75 watts " submitted January 3, 2014

By Edgar S
Musical Background: Playing for 20 years as hobbie
Music Style: rock mainly
Overall: I was looking for some guitar effects but i found ths spider IV 75w with footswitch controller. So i buy it a replace my amp and now i have a lot effects to play. I liked very much the sond of the differets amps and their distorsion, they sond pretty natural to me, and adding some other effects you can get a lot of diffents sounds, to play with your band or alone. I very happy with it, so far.

"Line 6 Spider IV 75 Guitar Combo Amp" submitted February 3, 2014

By Mike G in Newhaven, NA
Musical Background: 30+ years playing guitar, keyboards & drums
Overall: Very impressed with the sounds, features and build quality, although still finding my way around it all. Also bought the FVP foot pedal which makes loop punch-in & out much easier. Overall I love it!

"The little monster thats got it all" submitted February 11, 2010

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: long time bands,recording etc....
Music Style: hard rock
Sound: Everything I have is 4x12 cabs & 50 & 100 watt heads. I'm blown away by this little monster! KIller tones, Killer fxs & perfect for my home studio. Brilliant! Manufacturer Support: No problems

"Best Amplifer" submitted May 16, 2014

By Jared H in St.George, UT
Musical Background: Been playing for 11 yrs and I jam at home
Music Style: rock, blues.
Overall: It has everything you would want

" Line 6 Spider IV 75 Guitar Combo Amp " submitted February 6, 2014

By Bob K in Tucson, AZ
Musical Background: Local Musician/Vokalist
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock
Overall: I Am very happy with this amp! Great sound ! Love this product!!

"PODHD500" submitted November 12, 2012

By steven michael in portlland, OR
Musical Background: 20years pro
Music Style: rock &blues
Overall: what a great part of my gear its esey to use so many sounds I just love it

"amplifier" submitted November 1, 2013

By John O in Springfield, MA
Musical Background: playing guitar at home
Music Style: Rock-metal
Overall: Very satisfied

When you call, mention priority code 1733-GLD6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976