When you call, mention priority code 172R-6XC3

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Pod HD500X Pedal

With 512 presets and endless ways to combine, loop, customize, and control your signal and onboard HD effects, this multifx unit is a sonic command center.

"So many possibilities!" submitted December 18, 2013

By Jazzy J in Omaha, NE
Musical Background: 10+ years playing/composing/recording
Music Style: Fusion, Jazz, shoegaze, death metal, blues, bluegrass, experimental, math rock
Overall: I've owned the M13 and now I am proud owner of the HD500x. Both great if you want ease of use go with the M13 but if you're willing to take a little time and explore the HD500x will keep not disappoint! If you're a tone junkie on a budget like me this will give you your fix and then some. I love that you can run 8 different effects and your amp plus the looper makes this pedal tops for the price. I use it for recording at home but I could definitely see using it live, very sturdy and well built! I highly recommend.

"Unlimited Possibilities!" submitted July 27, 2013

By Jay L in St. Louis, MO
Musical Background: 13 years playing, numerous bands/gigs/venues
Music Style: Everything but country, hipster, hip-hop.
Overall: First off, the good... The sound quality is great. I've had mine for a week and the possibilities are absolutely endless. If you're only using this to go guitar>hd500>front of your amp, you're selling yourself short and should probably be using a much lower-tier processor. If you're not familiary with the 4-Cable Method, you need to stop what you're doing and look up the line 6 videos on it immediately! This expands your capabilities 10 fold with this pedal! The sound is crystal clear, I would even say it shimmers. You're absolutely open to virtually any sound from any amp, effect, microphone or guitar (if you're rocking a variax, like me). The ease of use is rough... It most definitely has a learning curve, but for quality gear, this is a small price to pay! Most of my praise comes from the 4 cable method, which allows you to basically split this pedal in two. What I mean is, it allows you to send some of the processing to your amp's preamp and some of it straight to the power amp. The pros spend dozens of thousands of dollars being able to replicate what this pedal does for $500. To elaborate: Wahs, compressors and distortions/stomps always sound best in the "pre" portion of the signal chain (before your amps preamp), but effects such as flangers, reverbs, choruses, tremolos, etc. sound best in the "post" portion of the signal chain (after the preamp and just before the power amp). The 4-cable method allows you to do that and it makes your sound so professional. Another capability you have with this pedal using the 4-cable method is bypassing your amp's preamp completely and using a modeled amp by going straight to your power amp. Again, you need to watch videos from Line 6 on the 4-cable method in order to understand this. It is complex, but it is PROFESSIONAL! Build: This thing is built rock solid. Line 6 always builds solid gear. I still have my Line 6 Pod XT Live, it's about 6 years old, and it works like a charm. The display is bright and crisp, also customizable between three different displays, and the LED rings surrounding the floor buttons gives it a great appearance. It looks professional, sounds professional and is built professional. I rated 4/5 on the "wow" factor because there are still better units out there (at 3-5 times the price, though), so there are better possibilities for modeling/effects, but you. will. not. beat. this. product. for 500. Customer support: Line 6 has a very expansive forum in the Community section. In this forum, you'll find not only well-versed and experienced long-term users of line 6, but actual Line 6 employees answering questions in these forums. I've never had to call them or email them, but then again, that's because of a great forum. The bad: You cannot copy a specific effect and transfer it to another patch. This is tedious because you have individually program every patches effects from scratch. Also, the learning curve. It is very difficult to grasp this pedal, especially if it's your first effects processor. I owned the Line 6 POD XT Live before this, and albeit similar in many ways, I'm still struggling to keep up. Bottom line: It's a learning experience. You have 30 days from the time you buy this to return it, so what have you got to lose? I promise you won't want to return it if you're willing to put in the effort and time to learn this pedal's capabilities. I'm satisfied.
41 of 43 people (95.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent buy!" submitted March 20, 2014

By Chris Dallaire in Manchester, NH
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 17 years
Music Style: Rock, hard rock, alternative, experimental
Overall: First, let me say that I'm not a professional musician and I don't really even have any live gig experience. I have, however, been playing guitar for 17 years and have played through lots of equipment. I've also done a lot of band practice in the basement type of situations. This pedal is freaking amazing. The build quality and look/feel are great. It works very well as a USB audio interface so you don't need to have a separate piece of kit to do recording. The FX quality is astounding. I'm not a tone snob at all, and I'm not one of those "tube amps are the only way to get quality sounds" kind of guys either. However, I've always been disappointed by the distortion in digital multi-FX pedals. This one is a BIG exception. The distortion both on the amp models and the FX are fantastic. Great response to your guitar's volume control and nice breakup from clean to dirty. My goal was always to pair this with the Tech 21 Power Engine 60 which I now have. It sounds so good. Now I can dial in all my tones on the computer using the Line 6 Edit software (which works very very well) and then move over to the Tech21 and the sound is matched perfectly. I can now record or gig with just the power engine and the hd500x and I always have the consistency I'm looking for. I personal still use a separate noise gate and boost pedal because they are needed on so many FX and I'd rather not use up two spots in the chain for those. Also, I used the payment plan which is awesome. Thanks ZZounds!!

"Line 6 HE 500X" submitted June 9, 2014

By Shanee P in BAY AREA, CA
Overall
Musical Background: BEEN PLAYING MUSIC SINCE I WAS 15, BEEN IN SOME GREAT BANDS AND BEEN ON TOUR. THE BASS GUITAR IS MY MAIN INSTRUMENT
Music Style: METAL, HARD ROCK, experimental
Overall: I'm a Metal Guy and when it comes to getting that right heavy Tone, Line 6 Has alwaysCome thru.The line 6 HD 500X Is just what the Dr ordered with more processing PowerMore custom options and Built to last. This is one bad Mofo. Thanks Zzounds Line 6 Rocks!

"From Atari to PS4..." submitted October 20, 2013

By Jimmy G in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar off & on for 12 years, just jam at home for my enjoyment.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues, Country, Rap
Sound: Sounds fantastic. I haven't been able to max out what the 500x is capable of since I'm still dealing with that learning curve after a few days. But I have been through all the effects and I'm more than pleased with them individually. Feature: Most useful features? For me, it's the expression pedal. I've never had one before so it's a real kick crunching out some wah's. I also like the sturdy build and led rings.Least useful feature would be the "pilot's handbook". It gives you nothing that a 3 minute YouTube review video can't. The user guide is a lot more useful. And maybe the learning curve...but I'm sure over time I'll grow to appreciate all the customization. Ease of Use: Not so easy for new users. But once that curve is over with I'm certain it's amazingly easy to use...I've seen proof of that on some of those YouTube videos. Quality: Exceptionally well made. Feels like it'd survive a zombie apocalypse. Looks, feels & sounds like I'm playing on Slash's tour rig or something. Value: I would say it's got the bang for the buck. It's got everything you could really want. The only thing missing is a proper talk-box...but it can support more effects so that's not a big deal. Looper, recording studio, tuner, metronome, 100's of effects running through sims of several amps. It's gonna open up a world of possibilities to my new-found love of guitar. The Wow Factor: It's downright sexy!! Got lots of features that'll make most guitarists jealous. Got the added bonus that it matches my Beats Pro (black) headphones perfectly. Overall: I've just recently started playing guitar again & last time I owned a rig I was a broke college kid. So at most I had maybe 3 stomp-boxes and I feel a bit out of my league with this bad boy. I do love the look, build, sound of it, and the seemingly infinite amount of sounds.

"Hd500x!!" submitted November 11, 2013

By Larry Tomas in Murrieta, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 10yrs experience with stage sound.
Music Style: Jesus culture. Check out Jeff Geoffrey! guitar talent. Love the band volumes! There heavy music djent crisp low sound. Memphis
Overall: Had a boss me-50 and I miss it but I know the hd500x can do the same effects but I still have to Learn how to use the same effects and it has at least 8,000+ more effects, 50$ more from just the hd500 model. Totally worth it. Semi easy to use but so much more to learn and experience some real sounds. Full 5stars!!

"Only with the Right Guitar" submitted December 25, 2013

By Justin B in Carlsbad, CA
Overall
Overall: I have 13 Electric Guitars. With two of them this thing sounds stellar. Both Seymour Duncan 2 humbucker configured. With these guitars the sound is so good I'm going to buy the Dt50. It likes Dimarzios second best. Then stock Gibson pickups. Then Last EMG'S

"Line 6 Pod HD 500X" submitted March 30, 2014

By William D in Carbondale, IL
Musical Background: Started playing in 1966,
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: I bought the podhd500x,Zzounds had it at my door in 3 days, after a little bit of a learning curve the hd500x has turned out to be better than I had expected. The downloads are a great way to get about any amp/effect, then you can tweek those until you have pretty much what you want, I checked out the four chord method of setting up parts of my effects to run after my preamp, but found out a lot people are getting great results just plugging into the amp return of the effect loop, its better than your preamp. I am a tube purist but I guess I have to rethink that now.

"very dissapointing presets " submitted September 16, 2013

By patrick c in san jose, CA
Musical Background: 47 years buy eveything , mediocre musician , play parties
Music Style: country- western- gospel- gangster- rap ,rock
Overall: wow all the hype, so much capability, this will be way better than all my previous multistomps (almost all ) wow I got it the next day after I ordered zounds must have esp. I unpack hook up and rifle through the presets . wow not one that amazes or delights me even the x3 live had a few. maybe if I download all the user patches they say the pod hd500 patches compatible but ive had problems with monkey deleting all my tones in past that I worked on for 100's of hours , so no instant gratification . this is not the multistomp for begginers buy a rp1000 digitech or zoom g5 and download user community patches and youl have fast gratification. this is a complex beast I wont return , im buying into the hype that ill have 1000 hours someday to plumb all its vast technical capabilities , but most probably it will gather dust.while I bask in the instant gratification of great tones from some other device why cant these multistomps come preloaded with 100 plus usable great tones from the club players that can really amaze and thrill a guitarist and I find so inspiring.club players can program edge's sound gilmour, Santana , van halen, or anything. instead we get unusable to a guitarist ring modulator, extreme pitch etc garbage that actually my kids Hasbro and mattell toys do a better job with for less, or straight up simple same old tones (ho-hum) my old battered boss gt6 will do absolutely nothing here for instant gratification the buyer is completely dissatisfied. really line 6 put your back into it fire your preset programmer (I know its the bosses kid) and get club players willing to share their craft not stars who lend their name but not there real tones to program usable thrillers . find the best of best pod 500 tones from user community. I can hear better quality of hd tones but presets left me so disappointed / uninspired I don't even want to work with it . so it will gather dust. great products are out there that astound and thrill right out of the box like tc helicon voice live play gtx wow the vocals im mediocre at best but this thing makes me sound great and with user I had 490 patches in it that just astound. when someone goes to namm and has a product the joe/ jane average can astound with right there with in home reproducible equipment that's what we should buy say no to this junk that cant deliver in your hands there are products out there that can . I have used user community with other brand products and got incredible patches that inspire and astound myself and audiences. so I know its out there the manufacturers are just too greedy / lazy to give it to us probably a great piece of gear but most of us will never have that experience with this most will be left disappointed and line 6 its your own fault for not giving us 100 patches that delight and astound right out of the box. hopefully a lot of you read this wont buy this product until line 6 recalls or releases a patch update that installed before it ships. imagine a poor kid who saved for years to buy this gets it for Christmas and then rifles through the presets and is left devastated and crying because your product doesn't deliver on the hype. even after 45 years of playing / buying everything that's how I felt with this product. if it is that good fix it!!!!!show me with right out of the box presets , not some recipe secret only some rock star with a million hours and techs can conjure. I know how to work line 6 I know how to craft great patches , but in this case ill just move on pick up another piece of gear and wail away because really I want to spend my time wailing away on my guitar basking in the glow from my own pleasure or thrilling my audience with awesome tones and effects , not wanking away on a computer downloading sorting through and trying to load patches or spending 100's of hours programming patches into a machine admit it tech snobs you like spending time programming patches into a box more than you really like playing guitar to thrill yourself or a crowd .like the great philosopher said "pick up your guitar and play" me I just want to spend every minute I can of my remaining life making love to my guitar and I lament the thousands of hours wasted wanking away programming and setting gear that doesn't deliver right out of the box. .zoounds fastest ship, best 4 pay and best return policy.

"I am a proud owner" submitted February 19, 2014

By Sean Morgan in Arlington, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years.... I am a virtuoso.
Music Style: All generally speaking. I don't STORE that which I can COMPUTE.
Overall: I likee - of course I've been a shredder since 1976 so I can't expect YOU to "UNDER"-stand.... suffice it to say.... i Approve :-)

"Line 6 POD HD500X vs BOSS GT-10" submitted September 4, 2013

By James Limborg in Roseville, MN
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years music experience; Professional rock guitarist.
Music Style: Rock.
Overall: The Roland BOSS GT-10 is the best guitar preamp. Combine the BOSS GT-10 with my BOSS GT-10 Patches and you have the best guitar amp simulator available today: http://www.jameslimborg.com/boss-gt-10-patches.html

When you call, mention priority code 172R-6XC3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976