When you call, mention priority code 13ZP-FK2B

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler

If you get one delay, make it a DL4! This pedal gives you every echo or delay effect you've ever wanted -- including 14-second looping, reverse, and more.

"great delay, shame about the no of presets" submitted October 19, 2005

By a customer from hellokitty.com
Music Style: dreamy post-rock
Sound: This thing sounds great and adds all kinds of effects if used creatively. Loop sampler is good but it would be nice to be able to select whether previous loops fade or not, you can't build forever. In addition to this you get saturation pretty soon with repeats all the way up. All the models are really useable tho. Only real drawback is that it can occasionally repeat the click of the switch when you go from one delay to another. Have also experienced clicks when using short delay times on the reverse setting as well so not 10 out of 10 Feature: only 3 user programs is a big pain in the ass, this could have been solved by the inclusion of a 'manual' switch so kicking it on would let you use the current knob positions so can be a bit of a pain for playing live. Adding the expression pedal is a great feature but the lack of midi connectibility is annoying too. Quality: Built like a tank and a decent power supply for a change. HAve used this unit live, for rehearsals and in the studio for the last 2 years and never had it fail on me. Value: Great sounding unit, has a few drawbacks as detailed above but don't really know of any comparable unit - expensive but imo worth it for the amount i use it (ie all the time). Manufacturer Support: never needed it The Wow Factor: Looks cool (like mission control or something) mines getting a bit scratched but good shape (plety of space between the switches) tweak and tweez as controls cute. Has become an essential part of my guitar set up, although it weighs a ton. Overall: Great at what it does, can't imagine a delay that would give you more features etc for the type of unit it is (stompbox). If it was lost/stolen (not much chance of it breaking!) I would go for another line 6 - might stick with an echo park tho as wysiwyg controls and more compact or an echo pro if i had the cash. Having said that i have used it for everything (synths and vocals as well as guitar) and the sounds are fantastic its all about the interface - the lack of more presets is the biggest drawback as far as i'm concerned so would recommend it - esp if not using many diff settings in a live context.

"YUSS!" submitted November 28, 2008

Music Style: Inspirational Indie
Sound: The DL-4 has one of the best tones that you can buy in a delay pedal. and it has so many options. the best part is that it compliments the other pedals on my board so beautifully... i play fender stuff now... a fender tele deluxe through a fender custom vibrolux... so creamy and tasty! with the dl-4 however, cant say enough about it. Feature: Whatever you want your guitar to sound like, you can make it happen with the DL-4... it has all the essentials- Tap Tempo, 3 Channels to save delays... just be sure to get the AC adapter because it eats batteries like a college kid at a buffet. it would be great if it had more banks to save in. but whatever. its greatness drowns that issue. Ease of Use: you cant buy this expecting it to be easy. watch every youtube tutorial and read everything about it because its difficult. im still only grazing the edge of the surface of what its capable of. Quality: ive heard a bunch of stories about how its unreliable and the buttons break. i just cant see it yet. Value: id pay double the cost for it because of how good it is. Manufacturer Support: line 6 was kind of a pain for my old amp. The Wow Factor: seeing it on so many musicians boards, its got serious sex appeal. when you play with the DL, you can skip wearing cololgne. thats how sexy you are. Overall: worth the cost and difficulty of use. SO worth it.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very good product..." submitted May 16, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, soon to be active.
Music Style: Classically trained violinist going into rock.
Sound: The sound is superb. I mainly use it for the Loop Sampler. I use it with my electric violin. As a violinist, I am very picky about sound. This unit does great soundwise, but does dull the sound of my violin a bit, but that can be made up for. Add some reverb, and it sounds great again. The delays are great, I especially like the rhythmic delay, and the reverse setting is a hoot! I give sound a 9 because it is great, but dulls the sound of my instrument a tiny bit. Ease of Use: Everything is quite clear, and it's very easy to learn how to use. I was using almost perfectly in the first day, so there's not a problem here. Quality: It's great... that's all I can really say to describe it. It's well built, very sturdy. The main problem that I have is that the volume knob keeps sticking, but I did get it from B stock, so it's used. GREAT! Value: Great value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: People like it, but "sex appeal"? Not sure, I'll have to go find out! Overall: It's all good!

Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler Customer Review submitted January 5, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: I have a band, but we don't have any records or anything.
Music Style: weird rock
Sound: it can do ANYTHING and sounds great even when it's off. Feature: I love the idea of an expression pedal for delay. What an awesome concept, now I can make my guitar freak out AND play at the same time! Quality: I got it used and it's in great shape. I don't think it's going to get messed up too easily, I've seen lots of touring bands use them. Value: I bought it used because they're damned expensive. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any dealings with Line6 at all. The Wow Factor: I absolutely had to have one. I NEEDED it. Overall: I don't think I need any more delay effects, and I just have the one. I'll get the expression pedal, though.

"Fanatstic delay pedal!!!" submitted June 29, 2014

By Erik S in SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years of playing guitar, several bands, albums and even a few tours.
Music Style: Alternative, Punk, Indie, Metal, Funk, and Rock Rock.
Overall: If you can get passed the slightly confusing and cumbersome controls, this pedal is really versatile and capable of some truly amazing sounds. Each sound is highly customizable and can be dramatically altered to suit your desired tone. The Reverse setting is one of the coolest sounds I've ever used, and was a big part of why I bought this pedal to begin with. Keep in mind that you definitely need to put some time, patience, and effort into exploring this pedal's vast array of sounds, since most of them won't sound their best right away. However, once you do you will be rewarded with a wealth of tones that can enhance your playing in fundamental ways. Hands down, this is a FANTASTIC DELAY PEDAL!!!

Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler Customer Review submitted July 17, 2006

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Techno, Blues, Jazz
Sound: If you can imagine it, you can do it. This pedal is amazing. Feature: Power Adapter not included, but I feel it should be. 4 C batteries? No thanks. Ease of Use: Read (or at least look at) the manual. Quality: great. totally reliable. Value: Totally worth the money The Wow Factor: Great

"Exactly What I Was Hoping For" submitted May 28, 2014

By KICH K in DFW, TX
Music Style: Metal
Overall: I read all the reviews and watched all the youtube videos ad nauseum compared it endlessly to the DD20. Now that i've got it, it's exactly what i was hoping for. A very capable delay unit with multi-patch memory and idiot proof controls. My only complaint is that at this price point it ought to come with a power supply.

"Line 6 DL4 delay modeler" submitted March 10, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist ( Active musician)
Music Style: Rock / Funk
Sound: The best delay in the modern world Feature: Brilliant features really easy to follow Quality: Homemade american delay MMMHHH !! Value: Quite expensive but it is damn sturdy !! Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact line 6 for any reason. The Wow Factor: OOOOHHHH yeh it has a nice body. Overall: As it says the best

"Never Need Another Pedal!" submitted August 8, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Blues, and a little Country
Sound: The sound is just incredible. You can have just about any type of sound your looking for. Feature: The loop sampler is probably one of the best things about the Dl4. It is so easy to work, and it sounds great. Ease of Use: The hardest thing with the Dl4 is the manual isn't very clear on how to work certain functions. It took me awhile to figure them out. They should have made it easier to follow. Quality: This product can take a lot of "on the road" banging. It is very well made. Value: The Dl4 is worth everything you are paying for it. It is not that expensive, and yet has almost everything you could dream of. If I never bought another pedal after this one, I would be happy as clams. Manufacturer Support: I have needed the support. The one I got had a loop sampler problem that was just a bad cookie. They said every once in a while someone gets that one, but the support was very easier to work with and they refered me to a repair shop where I could use my warranty. The Wow Factor: The look of the Dl4 is kind of cool to me. It stands out from others in appearance. When I see someone's pedalboard and it has the Dl4, that is the first one I see because it is so cool. Overall: This gives you every sound your looking for. I got it for the loop sampler, but I've also fallen in love with the effects. If you watch professional musicians performing, there are so many that use this Dl4. Some artists are Howie Day, John Mayer, Bill Frisell, etc. This item is not that expensive either, so overall this the best pedal you could buy.

"THE GREEN MAN HAS LANDED......" submitted June 9, 2003

Music Style: Melodic Rock
Sound: Incredible Effects Unit. The analog settings are very warm and reminiscent of the pedals from our yesterdays. The digital settings are squeaky clean and rival modern-day boss units. My favorite settings are the Sweep Echo, Lo Res Delay, and Ananlog with Mod. Great sounds. PLUS IT'S TRUE BYPASS@@@@ Feature: 16 delay pedals, a $250 unit. that's roughly $20 for each sound and they're all true bypass, plus they have all features and tweakability of the originals. Quality: Solid. As solid as any Boss pedal out there. Value: 16 delay pedals, a $250 unit. that's roughly $20 for each sound and they're all true bypass...that's value. Manufacturer Support: Mine's never been broken, but I've emailed line6 before and they responded right back. The Wow Factor: it's sexy mon! Overall: GREAT DEAL, GET IT!!!!

"50 years of delay in one pedal" submitted August 4, 2003

Overall
Music Style: all types of rock, jazz fusion with the emphisis on fusion, avant garde/experimental
Sound: While not being a perfect emulation of the classic echo and delay devices it models the DL4 still does a fantastic job at getting the essence of the sound and adding some new, useful takes on what a delay pedal can do. There are boutique pedals at higher prices that will do one or two things a bit better but in terms of quantity of pedals vs any other delay device nothing is as flexible, and then there's a 14 second looper that sounds good in it's slow mode which doubles the time to 28 seconds. Feature: 16 presets that have various different themes, some include modulation like the Memory Man emulation. It's great but my old Memory Man was so dirty recording engineers used to argue about recording with it until they couldn't come close with their digital delays. The DL4 is a bit to clean to match the Memory Man but it gets the idea and in spirit and since much of the enjoyment comes from the vibe of the unit you select that's plenty good to me. The reverse echo, done in realtime is a thing of beauty if you enjoy that kind of effect (I do) and the analog Echoplex is very close. More important though is the ability to tweak and personalize, just like you would in any pedal. You also get three areas to store your favorites. One major down side is changing a model and not changing your new, cool patch means it's gone. Another is there's no hands free way of turning off the unit. I tend to have a clean setting stored for that purpose and just saving what I'm using otherwise. It's like the old synths from the '70s, you have to write down your patches, the good news, there's only 6 knob locations to note and the tap tempo. Some people have written off the tempo but it's like having the most physcially accurate way of matching your echo to a beat or setting a groove - in itself this is a very powerful tool. Quality: The unit is solidly built with thick metal. The switches are made to be hit although, honestly, nothing is made to be abused. Don't kick it around jump on top of the switches or other foolishness and you'll be ok. Just think of the originals - if you looked at an echoplex funny the tape would snap. :) Value: If you like delays and want a taste of the vintage you can't do much better. I'm sure there are individual effects that cost as much or more that may do their sound better, but much of modeling is a "what if?" based sound whereas all other designs are based on reaching specific results. That means that although initally it seems the emulation is a fixed thing, it is also able to do much of what the original units could plus a bit more, so we aren't talking religious attention to detail, just to getting it to sound right and make useful sounds when you start programming our favorites. And because modeling asks "what if" that gets applied to ideas that don't exist and may never in the traditional sense. Manufacturer Support: The few times I had questions I got quick answers that were helpful and correct. The Wow Factor: The whole "sex appeal" applied to a chunk of computer parts and metal doesn't work for me. In terms of what kind of use, it's a big rating, again, great sounds from the past to the future all in a reasonably small box. That's appealing in a lot of ways but it's not gonna make up for you, your girl and the right mood, place and time. On the other hand the DL4 won't complain if not used for a day or two. Overall: There is nothing in it's class. A couple years past it's debut there is nothing quite like the DL-4. DigiTech gave a good run for the money with the X sytem Delays, but it's still nothing like the DL-4. Boss has some good products but you'll be spending a lot of money to get at the overall level of the DL-4's overall flexibility. I can come up with two or three Boss pedals that'll do more than the DL-4 but we're talking about $500 minimum and there will be spaces left behind.

"I'll keep it." submitted January 3, 2006

Overall
Music Style: Progressive Metal, Shred, Classical, Blues, Country, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
Sound: The sound quality is crystal clear, though tracks with distortion too heavy tend to cut out. Oh well. It's probably just my crap amp. The loop sampler is sweet and all, but i think it'd be handier if you could record for longer, then solo for longer. Guess what! It doesn't just stop at guitars. Nope, i plugged my band's mic into it, and did some amazing echo work with vocals. It's a very useful gismo to have handy, even if it is substantially more expensive than my amp. Feature: It has a lot of features. Lots of 'em. They're <b>very</b> confusing to use, provided i never got a manual with it. That's a letdown. However, the loop sampler is a great amount of fun to experiment with, as well as the sweep echo. This pedal keeps me amused for hours on end. And it's gig-worthy. Quality: Built like a truck, looks like a...well...stomp box, really. I just love the <font color="lime" face="comic sans ms">green</font> chassis. It suits it quite nicely. And that happens to be a <u>very</u> nice hue. It hasn't broken on me yet, and i've forgotten to turn it off overnight. Because i'm just that stupid. Value: Considering i got it free, i guess you could say i'm getting my money's worth. Hah. But it is quite expensive for those who purchase it. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with Line6 The Wow Factor: Generally. Just wonderful. It's quite the sound, quite the style, and a wonderful addition to my rig. Overall: The novelty seems to have started wearing off. I'll keep it around though. Voice effects are fun to mess with. I think this thing is just marvellous for what it does. If it were stolen or lost i'd certainly buy a new one, to avoid a red-ass beat down from my cousin.

"Still flawless 4 years later..." submitted November 15, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: active musician and hobbyist
Music Style: Hardcore, metal, punk, experimental, ambient, dance
Sound: This is the ultimate delay toybox in one unit. A must for experimental/open minded musicians. The Loop Sampler feature is worth a third of the price alone! It can be used to create walls of repetition or you can loop a rythym then play a second part over the top to practice or hash out ideas. I've had my DL4 for about 4 years now and it's never taken a dump on me when I needed it to perform! Many people complain about Line6's durability but I have no concerns. Just keep your Line6 gear dry and in a safe case. I keep mine, with it's power supply, in a cheap, foam filled plastic gun case. it's water resistant and crush proof. These Line 6 boxes are not built like the venerable Boss bricks of yesteryear. It's newer, digital gear which requires a little more care. All of the delays sound true and clean and I have had no problems with excess noise or hum. You could easily invest several thousand bucks, trying to add new fx to your loop, or you could drop the cash for the DL4! The sounds are, duh, digital emulations of famous delays, so don't expect a true, warm organic analog sound on all of the presets, though most sound pretty darn cool. Feature: Line 6 would do well to re-design their DL4 and instead of knobs they should use a scroling backlit LCD display like on some of their pricier multi effects units. This product has been out quite a long while, they should do an updated version...smaller, slightly more durable with actual pedals instead of small, easy to miss switches. The AC adaptor (sold seperate?) is needed, unless you love paying for large, costly batteries... The Line 6 power supply isn't too expensive and works with all the stompboxes, a NEEDED accessory, otherwise you are ready to go. All of the delays are useful, if you're creative and willing to turn knobs! I can't remember ever gigging with this in a regular "band", but I've used it extensively to crate soundscapes and layers behind vocals, samplers and keyboards. Aside from the great settings and the loop sampler, it's purely fun to make noise and see what kind of repetitive walls of sound you can create. Be kind to your pets if you own any and turn your volume down or play somewhere soundproofed, as animals really hate this thing's more severe sounds. Ease of Use: Plug into and out of it, attach power supply to wall or power strip and BAM! you are playing with some killer delays. I put a cheap phaser and a flange behind it and got some very "talky" vocal tones from it.The manual offers some clear advice but it's more fun to learn what things do on your own. Sounds great with bass too... Quality: My personal DL4 has the appearance of a large aluminum doorstop and I have never had ANY probems with it, 4 years in. If I were to gig actively with it, I would buy a second unti, keep it in the box, in my trunk in case I needed it if it were crucial to my music style. The green paintjob is sweet and has yet to chip or flake though I have seen others DL4s painted over or paintjobs cracked. Take care of your DL4 and it will serve you well, avoid spilled beer and excessive heat or cold or moisture and don't drop it, that simple! Value: Hard to tell, there is no other box out there, still! that can do what this box does, so yes, in a way it's worth it. It's worth it to me becasue it is so much fun and i am always discovering new stuff to use it with. Manufacturer Support: I called Line6 on behalf of a friend who is an all tube "digital hater" kind of guy. They filled me in on the manufacturing process and gave me a basic rundown of what its guts are all about. They were pleasant and knowledgeable, but they didn't offer me anything cool like stickers, hats or catalogs. I wish they would have sent me some schwag. The Wow Factor: It should be a no brainer for any noise artist or experimental musician who does not comply with "the rules" of music. I am drawn to the mildly metal flake hulk green paintjob and who can keep their hands off of several knobs and switches. technically, though it's been out for a relatively long time, it still blows me away and is as an essential part of my day as my iPod and my pocket knife. Overall: This thing has made me into a delay nut. I wasn't sure but bought it from a friend who was moving to Europe. I love it and would shell out retail to get another one if this one gave up or gets wrecked. My favorite aspect is the Loop sampler, I may still get a Boss loop station, but for the price, and the features, the looper on the DL4 can't be beat, and it's only a small part of the whole versatile package.

"Bought it, love it, but have a back up plan." submitted November 21, 2006

By a customer from cfl.rr.com
Musical Background: Professional for over 25 years
Music Style: Whatever ... variations from classic rock
Sound: Sounds great. Most models are very usable and the true bypass sounds great in my effects loop. Feature: Love having 3 presets and a tap tempo. I can set-up three models use them all night tapping in the tempo I need for various songs. I don't use the looper. Ease of Use: You'll need to memorize what knobs do what for each of the models you use. Or you'll spend time figuring it out in between sets. However for the versatility, it is worth having to know a little about your gear. Quality: I read lots of people having problems with their DL4. I bought one anyway. I love it and grew dependent on it for some great sounds. Then mine broke. I got it fixed under warranty, see Support. I used my Boss DD5 as a backup, but really missed having other models and three presets. Value: I'd like to see better reliablity for $250. I think the DL4 is really worth $150. But I bought one and I recommend it. Manufacturer Support: Line6 was outstanding. I took my DL4 to Wells Electronics in Orlando FL. He kept it for 2.5 months then told me to come get it, it was still broke. Line6 extended my warranty and gave me several options. I took it to Hendrix Sound in Central Florida who fixed it in 3 days. So, Peter Wells from Wells Electroncis - Bad ... Brian Hendrix from Hendrix Sound - Good. Whatever you do, don't go to Wells Electronics. The Wow Factor: Too big on my pedal board. But I have a small board that fits in a computer bag. Overall: If you need more than one type of delay, get one. I play in a three piece and on various church teams. I need versatility and got it in the DL4. I also run my modulation effects though my effects loop in a high gain amp. Any noise is a big problem. The DL4 sounds great.

When you call, mention priority code 13ZP-FK2B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976