When you call, mention priority code 15TP-BR0K

Rating and Reviews: JBL JRX115 PA Speaker

Be heard the way you want to be with the 250-watt JBL JRX115 speaker.

Overall

"These speakers are in the same league as speakers that cost more than twice the price." submitted July 11, 2011

Musical Background: 30 Years of Sound Reinforcement
Music Style: Gospel, Contemporary Christina, Pop
Sound: These were purchased for small clubs and venues, and after hearing them am very impressed. Not like previous low-end JBL speakers I have used. The low end is rich, high end crisp, and mids give great vocal quality. Well worth the price. I would not hesitate to stack/splay these as needed to add coverage. If you want inexpensive tops, these are a great choice, and the QSC GX-5 is a great match for the power specs of the JRX115 when running a 2-channel system. With the 98dB sensitivity there is no problem getting more than enough good sound from these. Feature: Keep in mind that there are two inputs - a single Speakon and a single 1/4" jack. So if you daisy-chain your speakers, and have standardized on Speakon or 1/4" speaker cables, you need to keep this in mind. For those of you (like me) who have a bad back from many many years of lugging equipment, you will be please at the reasonable weight of these. Quality: These are carpeted, so you have the usual lint builds up and they pick up dirt, but the threads are short, so it is minimized and not bad. Nothing a vacuum cleaner or lint-brush can't handle if it gets to rough looking. Value: This speaker out-performs many speakers I have use that cost twice the price. Without a doubt one of the better speakers sets I have used. Overall: For anything less than a few hundred people I don't see switching to anything different. It would be very reasonable to add another set for increased coverage.

"Do you realy need much more ?" submitted January 4, 2008

By a customer from beld.net
Musical Background: Professional singer
Music Style: Gospel, Rock, Classical, Country
Sound: Any cab you buy will have it's own characteristics. By the cab best fitted to the room you play. 250 is more than enought for example, a 200 person sanctuary. This cab sounds clear and does punch the bass. No it is not a sub woofer. The highs can be stingy... eq them down. Not tough to do. Not a nasaly sound to these cabs. thats tops in my book. I hate too much mis. Feature: basic by todays standard... Ease of Use: Ive not had any problems adjusting for any room Ive played... Quality: They still work after a year. Value: Why pay huge money when you don't need to. Most manufacturers have building boxes down to an art. Granted the tech stuff isn't in these. But I don't need 1000wRMS, waterproof, directional horns, digital ready, delayed, or whatever. Wood cabs sound warmer than the lighter plastic. You get my point. New tech becomes old tech and old tech sounds the same as it did when it was new...but guess what...it devalues due to new tech, not quality. Still good gear, just not as fancy. Besides all that, your average Joe doesn't know the difference in sound. Only the music heads do. Overall: Good for what I need.

"Best speaker for the price and exceeds the quality of your typical $330 speaker" submitted January 7, 2012

Music Style: Hiphop rock.n roll. Soul
Sound: I was listening to this speaker in a fairly big tent at a new years eve party as a roadie and once the band started I could not get over how amazing these speakers performed. I would characterize the sound quality of this speaker as prefect. At this event it was mostly soul (Jack Mack and The Heart Attack) The only tip I would have when using this product is use a stand if possible if your venue is a big one that way your can hear the full projection, The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of 10 was becausea there is minimal feedback when there is no music playing. Other than this these speakers. Feature: Since this item is a speaker there aren't that many features to contrast, but the cone construction as well as the driver supported the guitar and bass amazingly especially all of the highs were projected with a purpose. Ease of Use: As long you have a decent sound board with a gentleman that knows what's up behind it you are set, with instruments it performs perfectly with live music. Quality: This product will last for a good amount of time as long as it is treated with a little bit of care. The material that covers the product will outlast particle board and doesn't show most scratches. Value: This product is diffinetly worth it price I think it the best speaker with the lowest price I have ever found. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with support but I'm positive Zzounds would have my back. The Wow Factor: I really want this speaker BAD!! Overall: I would look forward to using this speaker for a solid hard 4 years

""STOP! Your Search Is Over..This Is Your New Speaker!"" submitted March 15, 2011

Music Style: Everything But Classical
Sound: For my needs the JBL JRX115 has proven to be an amazing sounding speaker. The lows, mids and, highs come through wonderfully. I have it connected to a Berhinger Europower PMP1000 which is a very nice unit but still a lower end of the spectrum mixer. Even so, the vocals come through crisp and clear with no cracks or distortions. My guitar also sound superb through these speakers. Rich, full sound for the chords and and every note is perfectly represented when picking. Pre-recorded songs, (CD, MP3 etc..) sound spectacular. Feature: It's a speaker so, the features are pretty minimal. I do like that they give you the option of either a 1/4" connection or, a Speakon connection. I also like the dual action stand mount. Especially handy for smaller venues. Ease of Use: Just connect to a source and away you go! Quality: I wanted to save a few bucks so, I purchased a Blemished speaker. I just want to make this point very clear. That being said, the only thing wrong with my "blemished" speaker was the 1/4" jack was a bit sloppy but worked. All I had to do was bend the prong on the jack to tighten the connection. I gave it a 10 in spite of this, as I knew I would be getting a good product that may not be perfect. As for the construction of this speaker, it is built like a Sherman Tank! The material is medium density fiberboard that 3/4" thick! I have done my research and MDF Fiberboard is supposed to be tougher than particle board and is also supposed to produce a better sound. A heavy-duty metal grill and a durable carpet covering complete the outside of the cabinet. The JRX115 is trapezoid shaped so it can also be used as a floor monitor. That is one of the reasons I chose this particular speaker because I intend to purchase new equipment before I start performing live again and these will become my monitors. Value: Worth every cent! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. But I know I can rely on and trust zZounds. And JBL makes quality products. The Wow Factor: Very nice looking indeed! Overall: I suspect that this speaker will be around for many years. While searching for a speaker for my application, I was looking for the very best I could get in my price range, and when I saw this JBL at the price listed, I knew it was a great bargain! I believe in my heart that I could not have found a better quality speaker in this price range. If anything ever happened to this speaker and I had to replace it, I would only replace it with another of the same model.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Worth Every Penny" submitted January 31, 2011

Overall
Sound: Awesome sound. Of course depends on the amp you use, but the sound is crisp and not overbearing on the highs. the built-in crossover helps separate the sound very nicely. I added 2 18 inch subs for really bass, and the total sound just kicks A@#.... Feature: No accessories, but these don't neeed any. Ease of Use: I am new at all this, so I may be saying something wrong here. They only thing I don't care for is that it has 1 1/4 hookup and 1 Speak-on hookup. I tried to daisy chain both but I could only get sound out of 1 speaker. I brdged my amp and hooked up the sepaker cable to one and tried to use the speak-on side to daisy chain to the other speaker, but no go. Quality: Very heavy, but that is sign of good built product. Very sturdy. Value: awesome value. Best sound for the price. Manufacturer Support: no issues yet. The Wow Factor: carpet is sleak and the grill design is unique by curving outward. Overall: AWESOME AWESOME

"Nice solid performer" submitted November 1, 2012

By Chris E in gresham, OR
Overall
Overall: Over the years I've used several different combinations. Always individual components until recently. I bought my first powered mixer "pmp4000" and these speakers. I was so dissapointed. These speakers are power hungry and these speakers just fell flat on their face at a supposed 400 watts per. I returned my powered mixer and traded for a non powered mixer and a QSC GSX5 amp. Lordy lordy these speakers sprang to life. As others say the highs need to be pulled down by the EQ. They are infamous for chucking the tweet and if it happens don't pay the $100 from JBL. There are aftermarket ones that actually sound better for ~$30.

"Great Passive Speaker For The Price" submitted June 27, 2013

By Spencer S in Rochester, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years as a mobile DJ.
Music Style: All genres.
Sound: Good sound. Other reviews are right, the high frequencies can be too much, but nothing that can't be fixed with proper equalization. These seem to like lots of power. I power a pair of these with a Crown XLS 2500. Good match. Feature: Speakon and 1/4 in inputs, I like the dual pole mount socket. Stable and well balanced using either. Ease of Use: Plug and play like any other, Quality: Seems to be solid and well built, good fit and finish. Value: Bought these when the $75.00 instant rebate was on. At $224.00 each, a great deal for a pair of 2 way cabinets. Don't expect the same sound as $600.00 plus speakers, but they're damn good for what they are. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: Decent looking cabinet, Overall: Solid good performing speaker,

"Very Pleased." submitted February 8, 2011

Overall
Sound: I purchased a pair of these speakers for voice and prerecorded music reproduction for use at our parish hall. The hall is about 70' (L) x 35' (W) x 15"-25" ceiling height. I powered them with a couple of Sampson 120w bridged amplifiers, well below the 250w capability of these speakers. They worked exceptionally well in this application, easily achieving moderately high sound levels at power output well below the rating of the amplifiers. They sounded so good my wife suggested using them as home audio speakers (without the stands). She doesn't mind "guy stuff" she just doesn't want to see it. They sound good enough to her (us) that the sound quality makes up for the lack of esthetics. And while they are a bit harsh for home audio with some prerecorded music (as would be expected for PA speakers in this application), they sound very good for most music. Even at lower volume levels, they give richness and transparency comparable to "fancy name" home audio speakers costing 1000's per pair. Feature: Cabinets are basic carpet, as expected at this price point. The grills are a bit thin, and can be "popped in" fairly easily - but they easily "pop back out" with a small hook. I would have liked bi-amp inputs in addition to the full range (passive cross over) inputs. The Wow Factor: Not "sexy" just very functional.

"Great cabs for the money, but look out for the treble, these HF drivers are potent and can rip your ears apart!" submitted February 2, 2007

By a customer from bitcore.org
Musical Background: DJ, PA, hobby, personal use
Music Style: Electronic, hip hop, rap, drum and bass, etc.
Sound: For the money, these are some fairly decent cabinets. I like the sound they make, and they don't require a ton of juice, Quality of output is solid. The deep bass is quite lacking, but that is to be expected and you need a sub to reproduce the sound correctly with these cabinets. The HF driver, however, can make your ears bleed, This is not to say they are bad, they aren't, but they do add a very potent high frequency distortion that normal bookshelf speakers wont. I've been having to cut 3khz and up with a 3-9 db shelf with a paragraphic Eq when using these boxes at full power. Listen to a pair of those crappy MTX boxes that are sold at circuit city/bestbuy that 'LOOK' like pro gear, and hear how awful their horn sounds - imagine that, but MUCH MUCH MUCH less and NOT as bad, however it is noticeable - The HF driver in these is WORLDS better than those crap boxes. It seems like the HF drivers are a little too powerful to be matched with the mid/low drivers. So, use some treble reduction to save your audience's ears, especially in smaller rooms where people are near the cabs. They won't notice the reduction, and even if they do notice, after 5 minutes - their minds will have adjusted to the sound. Feature: Speakon and 1/4" inputs, nice placement of handles. Ease of Use: Know how to use an Eq, and these will be great.... It's a passive cab, doesn't get much easier Quality: Cabinets are quite solid and the grills are beefy, they would definately protect the drivers if it was on the floor and somebody kicked it - might dent it, but the drivers would be undamaged. The carpet on my pair is fine, not coming undone and looks great. One of the screws on the stand mounts was stripped a little bit and I guess worked itself loose over the course of a month - dab of some glue and screwing it back in, haven't had a problem with it since. Probably got over-torqued at the factory. HF drivers seem like they could be better. Value: For 100-200$ less than Peavey SP5's and SP2's, I's a great value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a problem yet The Wow Factor: They looks alright, Flat black with a small orange, JBL logo square at the bottom. Peel that sticker off -if you prefer- and it'd disappear in a good setup. The flat black look makes it slightly menacing. Overall: I'm quite happy with my pair right now. Now that I've heard the Peavy SP2 and SP5 boxes, I do want a pair of those, but they are almost twice as expensive. The JBL's do a great job for a starting DJ on a budget, I personally feel you can't do much better for the money. I've previewed lots of different brands at a few music stores, I even listened to JBL's MRX515 cabinet that's twice as expensive, and it didn't sound much better for the money. I am happy with my choice, at the time it was the best selection, I felt, for the money, but now that I've heard Peavey SP2's and SP5's - I definitely want a pair of those. Had I waited a few months and known they were going to be released, I would have gotten them. Much clearer, HF doesn't hurt your ears so much, etc.
14 of 19 people (73.68%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"jbl thunders" submitted September 17, 2012

By sam holt in clarksville, IA
Musical Background: i play as a pro for over 35 years every weekend
Music Style: from rock to jazz
Overall: Guys let me tell ya, if you want a set of mains that fits in your back seat and will fill the room up ,this is the speaker you want. I use 450 watts to the pair and they bump zZsounds makes it easy for those who don't have a lot to spend at once with their pay as you play plan. I highly recommend them

"Great Speaker clear and powerful sound." submitted November 20, 2011

Musical Background: musician for 30 years, drums, guitar, bass
Music Style: Acoustic rock, blues
Sound: Clear full sound from this speaker Ease of Use: It's a speaker. Sounds great Quality: JBL quality all the way. Value: B-Stock that is lie new. Sweet deal. Manufacturer Support: no need The Wow Factor: JBL - looks sturdy. looks good Overall: I'm sure I will enjoy this for many years.

"Can't beat the sound quality and durability for the price...and made in the USA!" submitted June 6, 2005

By a customer from bamcuse.com
Musical Background: Professional Engineer, Systems designer/consultant
Music Style: NO RAP or HIPPO HOPPO of any kind
Sound: There is no comparison between these and the old TR series. For small to medium size rooms, this series takes care of business while sounding very impressive. Feature: Has built in horn protection. Quality: Carpet tends to peel at the seems on all my boxes of this series.

"Good for the price 250 watts are strong and clean." submitted June 9, 2008

By a customer from usatoday.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician.
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Go Go pocket beats
Sound: These speakers do exactly what they are supposed to do. Give you great sound quality. It doesnt give big boom for bass but it will rock the bass and for most folks in a small size room will like what they hear. I play mostly jazz and r&b and I also play a style of music called go go that very heavy on bass and bass drum. I'm able to play my bass through this cab (I have a pair) without any problems and I use a low b and it comes right on through. Feature: No features but it can handle a mid size room easy, oh it has a very nice and strong horn. You may want to eq it down some when played at high levels. Ease of Use: Speakon connectors in the back. If you dont know how to plug it you shouldnt be into sound. Quality: Nice quality, well built and constructed with carpet covering looks nice and sound, great grill that bows outward to protect your woofers, nice quality for the bucks. Value: Its nice, Im hearing some Peavys may be more rewarding but not for the proce. Manufacturer Support: I havent needed them for this but folks here at zzounds answer that phone and answer all my questions. The Wow Factor: Looks good well made, wont make you salivatate but you will like em Overall: I run these through my pa system, I bought the zzounds pa package 3 with these and Im in love.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

JBL JRX115 PA Speaker Customer Review submitted May 1, 2006

By a customer from insightbb.com
Musical Background: wedding dj
Music Style: everything from the 40's to todays hot new hits
Sound: these speakers sound descent.but i would only use them in a small room Feature: quick and easy set up Ease of Use: see above Quality: would be nice if they had corner protectors on them Value: worth the price you get what you pay for

When you call, mention priority code 15TP-BR0K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976