When you call, mention priority code 12W7-TG7T

Rating and Reviews: Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro

Maple fingerboard with black delrin Sharkfin inlays.

"Must I Worship Jackson? Maybe so....." submitted July 27, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Guitarist, Active Musician
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Death Metal, Jazz, Rock, Hair Metal
Sound: The sound quality is great. The Seymour Duncans are really nice and have a sharp attack that i like. They are extremely responsive to your picking style and pick up harmonics very well. All the notes in my chords ring through. And my leads are searing on the bridge pickup but also can be smooth and jazzy on the neck pickup. The Neck Pickup has a great clean sound compared to my EMG 60 in my ESP guitar. Great sound. Probably some of the best pickups out there. And they make a wonderful pair. Feature: Well the Liscensed Floyd Rose is really nice. Not as nice as an Original Floyd but still excellent. Hasnt gone out of tune yet. Nice. Ease of Use: Well you have to know how to restring a Floyd but other than that there is no problem. Quality: Well when i got it one knob was not on so i just screwed it back on. But the overall guitar build is excellent. Also the action was really nice when i got it, i still havnt messed with it yet. The quality of the neck is superb. Its nice and fast. Feels sturdy, and the fretboard is amazing, its really easy on the hands for solos and such. I have the snow white version and i must say, it is gorgeous. The quality of the wood and the overall look is astounding. The scalloped heel really does help playing the bolt-on easier. And the headstock looks godly with the natural finish. Value: Worth much more than the price your paying. Its practically a steal for the price. I would even compare this to and ESP in the Deluxe range. Great quality. It could only be better if it was set-neck or neck-thru, but either way, amazing. Manufacturer Support: Never dealed with them yet. The Wow Factor: I would buy this again in a heartbeat. Great buy, I love Jackson now. I love this guitar so much i might buy another one or buy a DK2M. Amazing, buy it! Overall: Probably the best guitar ive owned. Great quality, great sound, great price. Definately nothing compares in the price range. And pickup configuration is very comparable to a EMG 81 and 60 combo. Great guitar. I bow to Jackson.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"well now what do we have here" submitted April 25, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, in a band
Music Style: Metal, Metal-core, Blues, Punk, Jazz, 60's and surf rock
Sound: Though this thing has Duncans in it, it still has that ringing Jackson Tone. Jacksons are known for the tonal prowess when it comes to the mid-range and high end attack. I'm in a band an we tune down to Dropped-C I havent had the opportunity to see how this thing would dound tuned down that low. Feature: Okay it took me a while to see the light as far as Jacksons where concerned. But whats sold me on them was the necks, at first I didn't care for the tone that was so closely related to Megadeth. But in time they have grown on me and now as far as I'm concerned they're some of the best guitars on the market. I like the fact that this is a bolt on but at the same time I'd like it better Neck-thru or Set-neck another volume control would be nice as well Ease of Use: Jacksons have one of the most shred-ready necks I've ever played on. I love the way they feel and the scalloped bolt joint where the body is bolted to the neck is really nice. it enables me to reach even past the twenty-fourth fret without feeling all to hindered by the neck joint. Quality: Jackson has been around since the early eighties, they wouldn't still be around if they didn't make a quality product. Value: It's not a bad deal at all your getting a guitar with an extreamly high quality licensed floyd rose and REAL SD pickups. So it's not at bad deal at all The price they had on this thing where I played it was $629.95 which isn't a bad price at all. but I fancy the pricetag here a whole lot better. Manufacturer Support: I dont own the guitar just played it in the store but I imagine that Jackson would be more than helpful in sloveing any problems that where to come down the road with this thing, but it seems an extreamly sturdy and reliable guitar The Wow Factor: If I where to get this thing I'd probably get it in the "Snow white" Just because my band is heavy enough that you look at someone playing a white guitar and you think, oh they're probably mellower untill we bust out with our opener and it kicks your ass all over the venue Overall: Jackosn are stellar guitars, I like the fact that alot of my heros play Jacksons, Randy Rhoads (Gibson Jackson), Jake E. Lee (Charvell, Gibson, ESP, Jackson), Zakk Wylde (Gibson, Jackson)

"Its different and looks and feels different than a classic jackson. Make sure its what you want, maybe a dark neck with pearl sh" submitted October 8, 2006

By a customer from juno.com
Overall
Music Style: Metal, Speed Metal, Hardcore Punk, Any New Metal or Real Bands - Change MTV NOW!!
Sound: The SD pickups sound great through a Marshall JCM-800. Feature: All the needed wrenches for the Floyd Rose Trem and Truss Rod are included, nice extra large strap buttons. Ease of Use: Both pickups sound great and are matched really good with the guitar's wood. Quality: Mine came setup perfect with a great neck and the delrin inlays look really cool with the white body and black floyd rose trem, black knobs and black binding. I think the wood choice, hardware and craftmanship is excellent for a 600.00 guitar. I looked at Ibanez first and LTD, this guitar was better at this price range (I own at JH-600 LTD and a older Ibanez). Value: Great guitar, great price, go try out a few guitars before you decide. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to get any help with repairs at this time, no contact with Jackson Customer Support. The Wow Factor: I don't know about sex appeal and a guitar but I have played it 3 hours straight or more everyday for 3 weeks since I bought it, connection? Overall: I would buy another in a instant.

Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro Customer Review submitted May 3, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: i play guitar alot
Music Style: classic rock, rock, hard rock, metal, heavy metal
Sound: this is a good sounding guitar overall. i can't really get a very wide range of sounds though, such as i can't get a really rough, incredibly distorted sound even though i have a zakk wylde distortion pedal. Feature: theres nothing really out of the ordinary about this guitar, except that its so cool looking in person. my least favorite thing about it is that mine atleast cant stay in tune worth crap. the locking tuners dont do anything, so the tremolo for me is useless. i may have gotten a lemon though. Ease of Use: all you have to do is turn on your amp, and shred. just turn the knobs for volume/sound control. Quality: this is a pretty high quality guitar, but i just wish the locking tuners worked better. Value: i do think this product is worth the money. theres a few other guitars for less though that i think blow this baby away, but they have their flukes too. Manufacturer Support: i have yet to deal with them. The Wow Factor: it looks amazing. enough said. Overall: i am actually consitering getting a new guitar soon, simply because i like to try lots of different things. nice product overall though.

"Jackson Thrills." submitted July 12, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist/ Active Musician
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Hard-Rock
Sound: This guitar sounds great. The Seymour Duncans sound amzing and are great for tapping. It's actually a little bit a change for me since I'm used to EMG's, but it still sounds great compared to the EMG's. The sound gets anywhere for jazz to metal, and makes me sound great. I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard with EMG 85 and 81, and It sounds great compare to them.I got this because I had played it before and the sound was great, even if you are used to more expensive guitars, like me, you should still get it for the sound. Feature: I especially love the maple neck, it makes the body look great, and stands out very well. I also really like the tremolo unit. I've always been fond of the Floyd Rose tremolo (well in this case Jackson tremolo, licensed under floyd rose.), and it works very well. I also really like the pickups. But, I think it would be a little better if it had EMG's, but thats just me. Ease of Use: This guitar is very easy to use. It is very playable, with the fast neck allowing you to play fast. The pickups are spread far enough apart so you don't hit them while playing, ang the Volume and tone knobs are not in the way, while you play. Quality: This guitar is very well built, and it is built under a great brand name. I also like that Jackson didn't put all of there things in it (Such as Jackson pickups, Jackson Tremolo, etc.) I like how they used other brands, I hate when companys only use there own brand things. And otherwise, it doesn't seem to dent easily, and it is a very reliable guitar. Value: This guitar is 100% worth the cost. It is very affordable for most people, and its a great guitar. Manufacturer Support: No service needed. The Wow Factor: The guitar looks very sleek and glossy and of course the neck gets you too. It feels great, because it is slim, and the neck is the same way as well. Buy it, for looks, quality, and sound. Overall: I expect this guitar to last for a long time, and not need, if any upgrades, becuase its parts are already great. This guitar is worth the money and I recommend it to any rock, metal, hard-rock, guitarist. If you don't like the open pickups, buy it anyway and get some new ones. I compared this to a little cheaper Ibanez RG, and I love both brands of guitar, they both had pretty much the same features, fast neck, sleek body, and tremolo units, but the only difference was the Ibanez had EMG designed pickups. I decided to get this becuase if I wanted EMG's, I'd get the really thing. But, all in all this is a great guitar, and a great buy.

"Decent guitar, but may want to consider others." submitted September 22, 2008

Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Metal
Sound: This guitar sounds pretty decent,but I don't think it seems to play as nice as a floor model Dk2m I played, (but that might also just be becuase of my amp). Sounded great for the first few weeks, then kind of lost its "pop". Good for anything from Jazz to heavy metal. I'd prefer EMG's but, for $600, what do you expect? The seymours get the job done anyway. Feature: The neck is great, very fast neck, great for playing fast. Pickups are good, as I said. The floyd rose is kind of cheaply made as well as the locking nut. (the screws rusted within 4 weeks and and the nut's screw holes striped in about 2 months, so no locking nut for me) Other than that, pretty nice. Ease of Use: Very easy to use with the fast neck. Tremolo unit is pretty easy to use as well. Quality: The neck is the best made part of the guitar. The floyd rose and locking nut are cheaply made, like I said, and the body seems to dent and scratch much easier than other guitars I own. Other than that, the finish is pretty nice, well as nice as a flat black gets, and the maple neck looks very nice. Value: Decent value for a decent guitar. This is what I'd expect for about $600. Should last a while, and probably won't dissapoint you... anytime soon that is. Manufacturer Support: No service needed...(yet) The Wow Factor: I have the black, but I think the white model is more desirable. The finishes look nice, but I think the necks playablility and color really make it stand out. The body shape is kind of dull, but thats okay. Overall: The point is, I may seems like I hate this guitar, but I don't, not that I'd choice this over a similar price model, but I still like it. Its deffinately not my first guitar choice, but I still like to play it. I hope it lasts a while, but we'll see. I think I may have just been one of those unluckly people that got a dud model, but oh well.

"Nice" submitted October 29, 2007

Music Style: All
Sound: It's a great sounding guitar with great pickups. Feature: Besides the Floyd Rose, its a regular strat-like electric guitar. Plus this is the only the only Jackson I've seen with a natural headstock, which I like. Ease of Use: It played great, but I'm not to fond of the super-slim neck. Quality: All jacksons are worth it. Value: It is worth it, but Jacksons are a little over-prised for a midrange guitar. The Wow Factor: This guitar is pretty sexy. Overall: Great guitar

"Qualité exeptionnelle mais manque légerement de rapidité" submitted April 28, 2007

Musical Background: 2hour each day since 10 years
Music Style: Metal progressive, and all Rock
Sound: Les pickups seymour duncan ofre tous ce qu'on désir en tant que son. Se sont des pickup de haut qualité qui procure un son puissant de la première jusqu'à la dernière note. Feature: l'assemblage de cette guitare est exeptionnellement robuste, je ne sait pas si c'est à cause du manche en érable, mais je n'ai effectué que des ajustement mineur pour maintenir une bonne touche, et cela malgré le climat riguoureux du Canada où j'habite. Cela fait maintenant six mois que je possède la guitare Ease of Use: Les 24 fret sont facilement assecible, le tremolo est trèse versatile. Je déplore une seule chose. les jumbos fret m'enlève un peu de rapidité dans les lead. Ce n'est pas la meilleur touche au monde... Je songe même à faire modifier mes fret par un lutier pour retrouver la touche que j'avais avec mon autre guitare. Quality: Cette guitare est un bijou, je me tanne pas de la regarder. La qualité est exellente et largement supérieur aux autre Jackson dinky. Value: Le rapport qulité/prix est pluss qu'exellent Manufacturer Support: Je n'ai eu aucum problème à date. Sauf n'essayer pas d'avoir de t-shirt, ça fait six mois que je l'ai commendé et je ne l'ai toujours pas reçu. The Wow Factor: Aucune guitare possède un look aussi réussi que cette guitare, c'est son look ma charmé, ensuite j'ai vue que cette guitare était d'exellente qualité. J'ai choisi la noir transparent. Le manche blanc offre un meilleur feeling et une meilleur touche qu'un traditionnelle Overall: Cette guitare est parfaite pour le rock, métal. Surtout pour faire des chords, pour ce qui est des lead, elle manque un petit peu de vitesse mais tous ses qualité nous le font vite oublier.

When you call, mention priority code 12W7-TG7T. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976