When you call, mention priority code 172D-14FP

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez TCM50 Talman

Get the look and feel of an electric with the sound of an acoustic. This brown sunburst acoustic electric features a double cutaway design giving you easy access to the higher frets.

"This guitar was a bargain!" submitted March 19, 2009

By a customer from windstream.net
Music Style: rock; pop; Christian worship
Ease of Use: THis is a smaller body guitar, so the sound projection is not as intense as a full bodied acoustic,but is very good. WOW- plug it in to an amp and it sounds EXCELLENT!!! Quality: Bought the ibanez Talman TCM 50 guitar as a blemished item on sale. Can't find anything cosmetically wrong with it. The strings were loosened possibly for shipment and I had difficulty retuning them. I brought the guitar to my neighborhood guitar luthier and he made a neck and some other minor adjustments, put on some new strings and the guitar plays beautifully. Very atractive dark wood grain. Very light weight. Battery is a snap to replace. I play electric guitars and wanted a small bodied guitar which feels like an electric--this it it! Value: Bought this as a blemished item (can't find anything cosmetically wrong with it) and saved a lot of money making this guitar an excellent value.

"Great guitar, great value" submitted October 23, 2010

Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock
Sound: Beautiful tone plugged in or not. I was surprised by this guitar. For the price, I was expecting much less. It plays wonderful and has a bright sound with lots of resonance. When played through an amp I like a little chorus to go along with it -- makes the sound more full. If you want this guitar to play like an electric you'll need to put lighter gauge strings on it. I believe it comes with 12's on it. Of course, if you do that you'll lose some tone. Feature: The only thing that I wish this model of the Talman had was an onboard tuner. I ended up buying a clip on tuner (PT-10) and it works great. Ease of Use: This guitar comes with medium gauge strings on it, so it is somewhat difficult to do full step bends. I recommend putting light strings on it, especially if you'll be playing primarily through an amp. Tension is high on the strings it comes with, which makes the action stiff. However, the height of the strings is perfect. No buzz, all frets were level and every note on the guitar rings out perfect, even when doing bends. The guitar came in perfect condition and it is a beautiful guitar. Love the Ash top and Mahagony neck/sides/bottom. Tuners could use improvement -- they are simple die-cast tuners. Quality: Excellent quality control. This is probably the best Chinese made guitar that I've seen straight out of the box. It came with all the hardware for making adjustments. Intonation was spot on. Very glossy finish. It's a work of art. The only thing it needed when I received it (IMO) is a new set of strings to suit my playing style. Value: This guitar is, in my opinion, worth much more than what I paid for it. It is flawless, looks awesome, and plays beautifully. I've been playing guitar since 1978 and I think I've had enough experience to evaluate and review guitars. Hey, it's not a $2500 Taylor but for what it is and for the price point it is an excellent guitar. Perfect for all levels of players. Manufacturer Support: Don't know about support, since I've haven't needed it yet. But I can say that I have made Zzounds.com one of the first places to look when I want to buy equipment and accessories. Everything arrives promptly and in perfect condition. Plus, no tax and free shipping. The Wow Factor: I chose this guitar primarily due to the compact size, styling, and I wanted and acoustic-electric. Sturdy guitar, high gloss finish, nice wood grain, fast neck. Like I said previously, the action is a little taut, but lighter gauge strings should remedy this (unless you like it that way). I compared this guitar to the Fender Stratacoustic and a couple of Ovations and felt that both had a lot to be desired. Overall: This one's a keeper. If I lost it somehow I'd buy another.

"Awesome Guitar - Beautiful and Sounds Great!" submitted December 11, 2007

Musical Background: 30 + yrs. Hobbyist / garage bands
Music Style: Southern Rock, Rock, Mellow Picking / Southern country
Sound: I Like the Sound on this guitar. I've owned Alverez (acoustic only) and Ovation acoustic electric guitars. I've played over 30 yrs. I play 70's, 80's southern rock,(Eagles, Stones, Skynard, Neil Young, Tom petty, ZZ Top, Boston, mellow picking, etc. This guitar has a rich/crisp sound. Unplugged, it's only for practice or in a small room solo. Plugged in - Sound is really nice, crisp and rich - acoustic elec. (or mic it). Feature: Really didn't expect too much here ...but it does what I need it to - basic treble, bass & vol. controls on the guitar. Ease of Use: Very Easy and Playable...Slim neck and easy action right out of the box. No adj. needed really. For practice I just left the orig. strings on, they sound great (when I replace them I'll stay w/ the brass (acoustic/elec. type strings in .10 or higher - I don't suggest 'slinky' or non - brass low end strings here.) Quality: Beautiful Guitar! A really beautiful instrument. Amazing for the price. Finish is really nice. The tuners are really good...I've only had to make minor adj. to the tuning in about 2 wks. This Guitar holds it's tune better than my others. I pick it up and it always sounds great! Value: I belive this is a great value in a beginner to intermediate guitar (but it really sounds and plays above that) Manufacturer Support: Really don't know on this one - Don't think I will ever need to.?? The Wow Factor: Very High here - I Love the look and feel of this guitar. by the way, mine looks much better that the pics here...1st, the headstock is the Updated Talman Look, w/ the offset Tuners and thinner cutaway look. (I had seen this in some other pics or another site, and was hoping this site just had an old pic - They Did! Mine is the new look!) I think you will Love the look and feel of this guitar. Overall: I would never sell this guitar - just pass it down to my young son. If It was lost or stolen...I would replace it with a hopefully exact copy.
28 of 30 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good enough for light jam sessions, excellent for practice. " submitted November 3, 2007

Music Style: rock, country, jazz
Sound: Good sound for the money, obviously not as good as a full body acoustic, but good enough for practice or light performance with a amp. Feature: treble.....bass....volume......nothing special. Ease of Use: if you already play acoutics, not much of a stretch. Quality: suprisingly, pretty good quality...for not being real heavy. Value: honestly, this should sell for $200, but i'm not disappointed with my purchase. Manufacturer Support: no issues, quick shipping. The Wow Factor: just wanted something to pick on without amping up. Overall: I've had mine for 3 years.....with a 3yr old child banging on it as I play....gotta say that I enjoy it enough, I've been playing guitar 30 yrs on some of the junkiest instruments with one or two strings, and this guitar is music too my ears with new martin guitar strings.

"BUY IT..." submitted August 7, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist, soon to be Active Musician
Music Style: Punk Rock
Sound: The sound is pretty good, and the quality of it is pretty good. i guess for an inexpensive guitar, this is the one to get. I'm learning guitar, so for me, this is a GREAT beginners guitar. It's a pretty nice one. Feature: It's very pretty, but it's not like extremely unique or anything... but it's, you know, pretty nice.! Quality: it's really good quality too... i've hit my sister with it before (by accident lol) and it didn't break... i've also forgotten i was carrying it, and a couple of times, i banged it into a wall... nothing happened though... it's a great quality Value: yes... it's a nice guitar Manufacturer Support: i havn't dealt with the company... i'm sure there good though, b/c the store i bought it at carries pretty much everything that ibanez makes... The Wow Factor: VERY PRETTY... Overall: I like the sound and the colors the most about this guitar... i think i like pretty much everything about the guitar... i'll be satisfied w/ this product for about 1 year and 1/2... it's a good beginner's guitar... i would want an electric guitar, and that 's the only reason i would get a new one... i didn't consider any other products... It really helps me reach my musical goals.. if it was stolen, i'd buy it again

"Could be perfect but it's not" submitted January 11, 2012

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: 42Yrs-Guitar-Home use
Music Style: Soft rock
Sound: The sound quality is good but electronically not so much. I've had to make some adjustments so eliminate buzzing from the pick up . The quality of assembly of the parts( soldering was substandard). The strap knob by the neck was stripped it was only threaded into a 1/4" of wood( not good) the thing that made me not return this guitar was the wood grain. I knew if I returned it and got another the grain would not be the same since I have seen a few others. Wood affects sound. To make this guitar better all you would need is better quality assurance. Feature: Beautiful wood on the Mahogany. Bad electronics Ease of Use: Easy for intermediate guitarist Quality: Electronically substandard. Don't think it will last long electronically Value: Just The Wow Factor: This is a beautiful styled guitar Overall: I would buy another

Ibanez TCM50 Talman Customer Review submitted June 7, 2005

Musical Background: home recording
Music Style: punk rock, pop
Sound: hey. i really like this guitar, this is the best choice for me! just smell it, u will know how good is the wood material of this guitar, and it makes amazing sound. very good guality. when i unplug it, sounds clear and a little bit metallic, u can hear every single string, and when plug in to speaker, i tryed to turn the bass all the way up. man, guess what, i thought it could be a bass guitar. god daem good! Feature: tools go with this guitar, can fix it when it has problems. but the only thing is i wanted a bag goes with it, but it doesnt have that. Quality: god daem good like what i have said.

Ibanez TCM50 Talman Customer Review submitted November 5, 2004

Musical Background: Aspiring musician
Music Style: all but country
Sound: Unplugged sound is far better then any guitar this size such as the Fender equivalent. Even tho it's not as good as full size Dreadnaught. It's got a decent projection and volume. Plugged in, it sounds even better but not great. I think Ovation CC057 sounds better plugged in. Definitely worth it for price tho. Feature: Nice paint job. Very glossy and neck is thin and very playable like an electric. Soundhole pickup is a plus. Only 2 EQ and Chinese quality give this an 8. The frets also feel a bit rough and not smooth and shiny. Quality: Chinese made. What can i say. Value: Well worth it and better deal then the Fender equivalent. Fender unplugged sounds terrible but this sounds like acoustic. Manufacturer Support: Just got it so don't know. The Wow Factor: God i wanted this guitar for the longest time. I wound do alot with it but i might break her. Overall: Well worth it for blem and a good deal for new price.

"Nice for the money when plugged in" submitted September 15, 2004

Musical Background: I play alot but it's only been 2 years
Music Style: Rock..oldies..punk..own creations
Sound: Like many before the unplugged sound of this guitar sound a little...well un energized..but when you plug it up and start playing it sounds just like my fathers seagull... Feature: im just glad it has strap knobs.. Quality: Made in China...well thats ok the body is beautiful Value: very goood price for the rich tones that come from being plugged in.. Manufacturer Support: no contact The Wow Factor: Its freakin gorgeous!!! just look at it!! Overall: I enjoy this...very beautiful and i use it for plugged in playing only...very good price...nice action and i love the tuning

"Many problems, don't waste your time with this guitar" submitted July 27, 2006

By a customer from adelphia.net
Musical Background: Proffesional Musician
Music Style: 70's easy listening, folk,
Sound: not crisp at all very dry midrange oriented sound Feature: had a truss rod allen wrench that didn't fit well and stripped out the rod, it appears that the cutout for the access to the rod is not angled right to allow you to get the allen wrench all the way in. Ease of Use: very limited in it's range of sound. The bass can be cranked up louder than any simliar guitar, I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Quality: smooth frets, nice tuners, and it's beautiful to look at...the truss rod access is a problem though...otherwise it seemed better built than most guitars in it's price range Value: no, there are many products taht are a better value in it's price range Manufacturer Support: have not dealt with Ibanez The Wow Factor: yes, it looks great Overall: when I got the guitar I found 3 major problems immediately, the neck was bowed, the action was terrible...nothing like an electric guitar. It had an audible hum thru the amp, the strings had very different volume levels, the B string was unusually loud and the G string was almost inaudible, adjusting the pickup helped little or none. Don't try turning the truss rod the allen wrench won't line up.Buy something else...don't waste your time.

When you call, mention priority code 172D-14FP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976