When you call, mention priority code 20V-0G51

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SRC6 Crossover 6

Is it a baritone guitar or 6-string bass? Whatever you call it, you'll be hooked once you get your hands on the SRC6's 5-piece jatoba/bubinga 30" scale neck.

Overall

"Such a unique and versatile instrument!!" submitted September 1, 2015

By Gabriel Palmer in Tremonton, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar a year and a half now. I play bass and guitar equally and am equally skilled with both.
Music Style: I play metal mainly but I also do some more melodic solo stuff that is more atmospheric and emotional. Depends on who is playing
Sound: I realized right off that even drop tuning to D made this guitar sound terrible, which is due to the stock pickups being bass pickups and the top string being kinda floppy. If you wanna drop tune, I would just leave the neck pickup in and replace the bridge one with something like an Alumitone Deathbar. They will fit fine with a wee bit of routing and would intstantly clarify your tone by using just the standard guitar frequencies seeing as it is supposed to be for standard guitars. Also, you will need to make good use of the bass's active preamp to get a good tone, this is absolutely essential. Sure, using your amp's EQ is gonna help but it won't be near enough. Make use of that preamp friends!! You can't afford not to! Feature: The preamp they armed this thing with is amazing, it works wonders for your tone. It's like a whole other set of amp EQ knobs to use to carve your tone. Just brilliant. And NECESSARY. That aside, the build quality is very nice, the body isn't too heavy or light and the neck I am in love with, it's got quite a round feel (like a bass neck) and is fast and smooth, trademark of the Ibanez SR bass line. I love they didn't do a gloss finish on the neck too, I dig the woody feel. And the body too, the grains of the wood are attractive to me haha. The tuners are INCREDIBLE too, they hardly ever fall outta tune and if they do it is marginal at best. That's a massive plus for me. Ease of Use: If you sit down with your EQ for a good 10 minutes just messing with the knobs on both the preamp and your amp itself and really listen, you can easily grab a good tone to run with. that's how I did it anyways, but really listen to how it sounds so you don't just sit and guess on adjustments. As for playability, it plays exactly like your average six-string guitar yet you can play straight up bass with it. It's so addicting to play around on! No need to learn to adjust technique either, just play the thing and it sounds awesome. Unless of course you dunno how to play bass in a band setting, but it depends on how you plan to use it. Compared to my other instruments I can go straight from my standard bass (an Ibamez SR500) to this and have zero issues, it honestly feels like a mini SR bass. Feels exactly the same just smaller. Going from a six string standard guitar to this is a piece of cake, it just feels like I'm picking up another six-string. Going from my 8-string to this is easy too, since the neck on this one is slightly wider than normal six-strings which let's me adjust easier to it going from the ultra-wide 8 to this with ease and vice versa. Quality: The build and hardware are excellent, it feels super solid. It feels like it would last a long long time if you took care of it regularly. The finish doesn't seem too high quality though, I get the feeling it'll wear off really easy. But it's a bolt on so you can easily have it refinished. Value: This is SO BEYOND WORTH IT. I would easily have paid another 100 bucks for this quality! Manufacturer Support: I didn't have to contact Ibanez or anything like that, so I dunno how well they do their customer support unfortunately. The Wow Factor: The wow factor here is the hybrid nature of it. Bass and guitar in one instrument?! WHOA!! Is what I said anyways! Sure, I could go without it if I had to but it's a staple for me in my band due to the fact it fills out the bass end while I play leads. Overall: Alrighty, I come from a unique viewpoint here as both a bassist and guitarist in my 3-piece band. I play both and am equally skilled at both but we needed both a bassist and lead guitarist in this little group of ours and let me just say... THIS INSTRUMENT DOES IT ALL. I can go from playing straight up bass lines to playing lead guitar with a push of a pedal and it sounds absolutely killer, even right out of the box! I mainly use it for metal, as I am a metalhead, and tuned to E standard it sounds exactly like my 8-string tuned to Drop E but more full as it also fills up the bottom end frequencies which is fantastic for the band's sound. t also has a really unique, very full sound when used to play more melodic and chordal stuff on a clean channel. It sounds pretty dark and resonant due to the pickups putting out all that bass. Playing it as a bass is sweet too, it has a kind of chime to it even when you're layin' down some slap, I came across that bit just goofing off haha. The pickups are great for what they are, I believe these are dedicated bass pickups if I'm not mistaken. They're passive too (that's a plus) and they have great dynamics, I get a cool overdrive type tone out of them if I turn my pedal's distortion all the way off while running it through just your average Fender bass amp. A word of advice though, if you plan to use it like a baritone like I usually do, the pickups will need a change. They sound great for E standard but any drop tuning (even just drop D) sounds horrible but that's ok considering this was probably not initially meant to be drop tuned the way I have it (drop C almost exclusively). The strings are also gonna need changing if you wanna drop tune past D. Overall, this instrument is incredible and capable of doing EVERYTHING. Right outta the box it sounds awesome, but you'll really need to do some EQ to get a good tone due to it's hybrid nature. It's build quality is pretty awesome too, the neck feels really good, has a real solid feel to it. Body-wise it feels pretty nice, good weight and the finish is pretty cool. The preamp works exceptionally well as well, and is essential for good tone. The tuners hold a tuning like an effing champ too, I barely have to tune it. In short, it is well worth the cash and is an excellent addition to anybody's guitar collection! Just buy it, you will not be disappointed!!

When you call, mention priority code 20V-0G51. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976