When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-LPTH

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR505 Lefty Bass

Bartolini pickups give this mahogany-bodied bass a heavy tone with plenty of character -- the perfect bass for a lefty looking to upgrade their bass sound.

"LEFTIES, LOOK NO FUTHER!" submitted June 30, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Funk, Jazz
Sound: This is the first bass I've ever bought with active electronics, and I have to say, I'll never go back to passive pickups. The combination of pickups and woods on this bass is perfect; you get bright highs, punchy mids, and beautifully clear lows. Lastly, with the 3 band EQ, you can create pretty much any tone you want. Feature: The 3 band EQ rocks, the tuners are great, the smoke grey hardware looks great with the finish, and it comes factory equipped with Elixirs! Ease of Use: The controls have a great setup; it has volume, tone(shifts between the 2 pickups, and a low, mid and high boost/cut. This bass also has the best neck I've ever played on. It's so thin and fast, my 5 string feels like a 4 string neck. The fret work extremely smooth and well-crafted. Quality: Great craftsmanship, great tone woods, and great electronics. My only complaint here is it has a cheap looking plastic nut. Value: I used to be a die hard Fender fan, but Ibanez "converted" me with this bass. Finally, high end features for a mid-range price, lefties finally have a quality bass. Manufacturer Support: Never really dealt with them... Overall: Like I've been saying, a solid bass for lefties (and all of you right handers,too) at a great price that plays like a dream. There is no competition.

"Top shelf 5 string at a bottom shelf price!!!!" submitted October 2, 2007

By a customer from columbus.rr.com
Music Style: metalcore
Sound: my live rig is an SWR 400 watt head, and a hartke 4200 pro cab, also i'm running a BBE sonic max and a hartke bass attack pre-amp pedal. this bass is amazing in everyway, and i've owned 3 warwicks and a roscoe, all of which were great basses but no better sounding or playing than the ibanez sr505 i just purchased. The neck was perfectly straight right outta the box, and that's never happened before. i've always had to adjust them, and the saddles to my taste. Feature: The bartolinis are the best money can buy. enough said! the hardware is all top shelf! Ease of Use: the neck is fast, and smooth. one of the easiest basses i've owned to play, and to adjust to get the sound i'm after. the pickups are very expressive. Quality: this bass is made for the road, which is where it's heading with my band. the neck joint is tight( that's a big plus!)the bridge is perfectly straight on the body, the black nickel hardware looks phenominal! the pots all have detents, and are all very tight and responsive. I'm so impressed with this bass! can you tell? Value: $629.00 for this bass is a steal, especially with all the top grade hardware and electronics it has, and the neck woods!!! The Wow Factor: well, i had 2 good basses that i used everyday, and they are both being sold on ebay as i write this. 2 basses gone. this one bass is all i need. Overall: if this bass were stolen or lost, i'd be on the phone with zzsounds ordering another just like it. i chose this bass for the features. i've always loved ibanez basses, but i'm a lefty and they didn't cater to lefties in the 5 string market until recently, and they have built a high quality 5 string for the lefty masses to enjoy.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great bass for short money" submitted February 13, 2014

By nathan a in hhi, SC
Musical Background: 20 years gigging and doing studio work
Music Style: Anything other than rap and new country, but fusion is what I enjoy the most
Overall: This is a great sounding bass, and has become my #1 5 string gig bass. There are so many different tones that you can get on this bass. I am a pocket player that never had much interest in slap and pop, but it sounds so good on this bass, I have started working on my technique. The Bart pups are awesome, and the 3 band eq knobs really make it easy to go from a Jaco tone to a Flea tone. I still like some things about my Fender J-bass better, but it was a $1500 bass. My only complaint is that the wood on the body is soft, and mars very easily. I don't plan on selling it, so from that aspect it doesn't matter, but I try to keep my equipment looking new.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-LPTH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976