When you call, mention priority code 16HR-BZMC

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR1405 Bass

An absolutely gorgeous instrument, the SR1405 offers the punchy Nordstrand pickups and Mono-Rail Bridge design for superior sound clarity and playability.

"Ibanez SR1405 Premium Electric Bass" submitted November 5, 2014

By Kenneth Brown in Shreveport, LA
Musical Background: I've been playing for about 20 years
Music Style: Christian , rock, country.
Overall: This bass is great!!!! Ibanez put so much craftsmanship in their premium basses. I've played them for years and have not been disappointed. The look, tone and feel are irresistible. The only improvement I see would be a separate battery compartment. I've NEVER had to contact the manufacturer. I own 4 basses, which I play. Never had any technical problems.

"Ibanez Sr 1405 Premium bass: a truthful review of a great product" submitted October 23, 2011

Musical Background: semi-retired hobbiest/active musician for 30 years
Music Style: mostly blues and classic rock
Sound: these pickups are definitely different from the EMGs or Bartolinis on other Ibanez basses. These pickups have more punch and the electronics more precise control. Feature: don't know why they put a by-pass switch on active electronics. if you don't want active don't buy it. Ease of Use: If you want it, it is easier to get distortion and overdriven sounds with this bass. If you don't want them you can dial back to normal sounds. Quality: I have been buying Ibanez basses since the 80s and the Musician line of basses. Quality has always been great but with the product being made in different countries, I have seen the quality going down as the price goes up. This is my first bolt on neck Ibanez, I've had 4 neck-thru models. Fit is good but finish is shameful. It's like they quit sanding on the bodies before they are smooth. Also they don't know how to dye or stain to bring out the beautiful grain in the wood. I refinished my first natural flame maple Prestige and got a more beautiful honey color that really brought out the figure in the wood. This new 1405 looks like the top was finished with mustard and tomato paste. I plan on sanding just the top down to the bare flame and dying it to bring out the figure better. It's like they go to the trouble to get beautiful wood then cover it with crappy finish. And they put on the cheapest ugly plastic knobs they can find. I never pay MSRP for any music equipment but Ibanez is getting their prices way out of range on their top of the line basses. $2K for a good bass is as far as I would ever go, but at that price you expect the body to be fully sanded smooth and the finish to be beautiful and flawless. They don't want to spray on a good finish, seems like they just smear some oil on there and ship it out. I have never had a performance quality issue with an Ibanez bass. The musician bass got knocked over one time and the fretboard cracked from the neck the first 3 frets. The dealer had it repaired locally and it never came loose again. Had an issue with the battery going dead all the time on a Prestige I replaced the jack thinking the battery switch was sticking but it still bled down. I just put an off switch in the battery lead and no more problem. Value: Ibanez basses are a good value because they give you professional performance at half the price of "Custom" basses. They do not hold their value like some other famous brands. But that just makes it more logical to buy them used or on sale. Manufacturer Support: never had a performance issue that the dealer couldn't handle The Wow Factor: Ibanez basses are very desirable just for their looks alone, but playing one is the deal maker. They are the most comfortable design going. Overall: I usually play the same one for a couple years and switch around some as to not wear it out. Then I look for the newest latest greatest (usually Ibanez). I would still like to own a 905 model. I like them EMG pickups for the richest tone.
17 of 32 people (53.13%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16HR-BZMC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976