When you call, mention priority code 20X-6CMM

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez Metal Pack

The Ibanez IJX121 is a great way to get started shredding. The IJX121 pack includes everything you'll need to learn metal guitar (chops not included.)

"Better than expected for a beginner." submitted March 2, 2008

Musical Background: active musician/hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, jazz, classical (playing classical music, not classical guitar)
Sound: The sound is pretty good, the gain on the amp is ok and it howels when turned all the way up, but it is great for a beginner!!!!! Feature: It comes with some good stuff, a variety of pics, strap, gig bag, tuner, cable etc. Most of the stuff is pretty good but I suggest getting a better tuner and a higher quality cable. The action is pretty good on this guitar, much better than I had expected. I had one note buzz on me (around 14 or so) but that was because the frets were not in all the way. with a few adjustments this can become a great guitar. Ease of Use: This is really easy to use, just plug in the guitar and you're off. Quality: This is a pretty good guitar. Its not likely to fall apart anytime soon. Check to make sure everything is in place and again make adjustments as needed. I noticed that after about 6 months of use the jack on the guitar was comming loose but a wrench fixed that. Value: It is more expensive than other starter packs, but it is well worth is. The Wow Factor: It is sleek, black and has a nice sharp body (like the pics). Its a cool looking guitar (other than the "Gio" on the headstock) Overall: I played an Ibanez that school got a friend for band and I'm afraid to say this guitar has better action, without being tweaked. Its possible that the other guitar could have better action if the intonation and whatnot were adjusted. Overall i'm really happy with this guitar and suggest getting this if you're interested in it.
42 of 44 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best package on the market" submitted March 14, 2011

Musical Background: intermediate
Music Style: all
Overall: This guitar is great. It is much better than I had originally expected. This is actually my 2nd guitar, and it was definitely a great investment. This package is perfect for any beginner or intermediate guitarist. The action on the fretboard is great, especially if you lower the bridge settings slightly with an alan wrench (not included). I lowered mine to about 4/16 or 5/16 of an inch and it works very smoothly without any buzzing. The amp is pretty good, although it spits out some feedback at times, but I have a feeling that is more to do with the cheap chord that is provided in the package. The headphones in the package are much nicer than I had anticipated too, they give out a very high quality sound that is perfect for practicing - and without making you deaf. All in all, this package is a great buy and I would recommend it to anyone. Nothing needs to be immediately replaced out of the box, however I would recommend upgrading the cable if you get a chance.

"Great value for the price" submitted November 5, 2007

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Sound: This guitar sounds really good for a beginner model. Sometimes the low E string with vibrate on the frets a bit, but very good sound for the price. Also stays in tune for a pretty long time. Feature: Everything you need to get started is included, except maybe a good beginners book. The dvd is neat but not really that helpful. The free t-shirt was a nice extra. Ease of Use: This product is easy to set up and use. The amp is simple yet pretty darn loud for a beginner model. Quality: The guitar looks and feels nice, and has a nice tone. The amp is loud and appears to be good quality. The cord appears to be of low quality but has caused me no probelms. The tuner is very simple to use but not real accurate. The strap is really uncomfortable, this is the one thing I immediately wanted to replace. Other than those 3 things its a real good deal. Value: A very good value worth more than the retail price. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use it. The Wow Factor: Looks very nice for a beginner guitar. Overall: I will likely play this for at least a year before I upgrade.
27 of 32 people (84.38%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing for the price" submitted July 24, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Metal
Sound: Sounds great, I'm just using the amp, no pedals or anything. My only gripe is that the patch cord sometimes makes crackling sounds. Feature: Great selection of stuff for beginners to intermediate players. The instructional dvd also helps you get started really well. Ease of Use: I got some good sound my first day playing it. I was a sound guy for a friend a while back, so I already knew what all the amp settings did though. A new person might have some trouble, but its really not hard to find the sound that's good for you. The amp is a 15w too. Pretty good for a beginner pack. I've only seen packs with a 10w, other than this one. Quality: Patch cord is a bit poop, but it doesnt cause much trouble. A friend said the pickups were a bit lacking, but I'm still learning, they sound great to me. The guitar is pretty sexy too, aside from the GIO on the headstock, cause it has a star over the I :P I should also mention: I bought the silver one. It doesn't really look like the silver on this site. The silver paint has a glittery, sparkly look in it, unlike the sort of flat, metal color that the picture on the site looks like. Value: I think this guitar kit has an amazing price personally. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to call in yet. The Wow Factor: I was looking for pictures of the guitar I was going to get to convince myself it wasnt so ugly and I saw this one. I looked it up and saw it wasnt that much more expensive and I had my mind set on it after reading a few reviews. Overall: I might not replace the product until it's broken somehow. I play guitar as a hobby, so I dont need top of the line stuff, but this guitar feels like it's one of the more expensive ones.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Poor accessories" submitted October 25, 2010

Music Style: rock - metal
Sound: I bought this starter kit at guitar center and it has a good heavy metal sound to it, though it would sound better with humbuckers Feature: The tuner didn't last 5 months, i never dropped it or anything so i don't know why it doesn't work anymore. The amp it came with doesn't work anymore and i've only had it for less than a year. The headphones didn't last a month...they also don't work anymore. I take good care of my stuff, and i don't know why the tuner, amp, and headphones failed on me. Quality: Everything looks great, but i'm guessing that the tuner, headphones and the amp are poor. The guitar itself is probably worth $300

Ibanez Metal Pack Customer Review submitted July 12, 2011

Overall
Sound: I think for the price that I paid, you definitely get the quality. I've been a fan of Ibanez sound for awhile, but now that I own one, the sound is just even more amazing! Feature: The accessories included were a bonus and didn't have to be included, but it made the product even better. Ease of Use: A little more options than just a basic, cheap guitar pack...the options are pretty nice.

"AWSOME FOR BEGINNERS " submitted December 27, 2006

Overall
Sound: sound is pretty good for a beginner guitar i was pretty impressed Feature: it came with every thing you need to get started the dvd is awsome, picks are good,gig bag is cool, strap is ok i found it a little uncomfertable so i would buy a new one if it bothers you that much,amp is pretty sweet,cable is good Ease of Use: great for beginners Quality: well made dropped it once and nothing a happend so it is pretty well made Value: for 300 all the stuff it includes the quality of it and your saving like $145 right now buy it Manufacturer Support: havnt delt with them yet The Wow Factor: made me buy it Overall: this is my first electric guitar and i love it no plans to buy another one for a while
11 of 17 people (64.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20X-6CMM. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449