When you call, mention priority code 175F-ZD6B

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: G&L Tribute L2000 bass

Custom-build your own tone! With dual humbuckers, active/passive modes, series/parallel toggle, and switchable high boost, this bass covers all the bases.

Overall

"Quality and value that rivals other brand name basses costing twice as much." submitted June 11, 2011

Music Style: progressive rock
Sound: I will be writing this review comparing the L2000 to a M/M Stingray. They are literally from the same beginnings and are comparable in tone. The G&L has a huge array of tonal settings. From in your face brightness, to a more subtle "darker" tone if you take the time to find it. I play with a dimed sound. I use the full bass and treble boosts and both pups. Active pre-amp is a must...it really brings this bass to life. I play through GK amplification. I am planning to go back to SVT in a few months. GK has always sounded a bit thin to me. Compared to a M/M Stingray, which I have owned many of, the tone is similar, but just bigger. A Stingray on steroidal bliss.... Feature: Multiple pickups... electronics AND the ability to just go straight without the active EQ....something the Stingray does not offer...and after all..it's about the TONE! Came with a very nice high quality gig bag and Allen wrenches for the ......pickups, individual poles....truss rod and for the locking saddle on the tail piece. Excellent quality and well thought out placement. Ease of Use: A bit complicated. There is a manual at G&L.com you can download. This bass has unlimited potential and settings through serial, paralleled, front pup, rear pup, combined, pre amp on or off, bass boost, treble boost...it just goes on and on. I found my sound in about ten minutes of experimentation. This bass is very aggressive in tone. Bright and huge bottom end. Quality: OK. Here's where this bass so smokes the M/M Stingray. QUALITY. Period. I have owned about 5 Stingrays that were purchased brand new. One came with a bad neck, (frets were very sharp). One with a broken battery wire. Two with finish flaws. And the final one was good. Not bad, 1 in 5. The quality of this G&L, for half the price, is twice as good. I am not bashing M/M, I'm just telling MY experience with their products. I understand they upped their quality control some years back...I have not owned any recent products from them. I choose G&L now. The finish and piece of wood on this G&L are flawless. I got the natural model. Value: For the price, it rivals basses twice the cost. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for....you get much better. I am very surprised at this basses play ability and tone. The neck is lightning fast. It is just the same as a M/M neck. Satin finish....very fast. Tone for days. This bass is very aggressive in tone. Bright and huge bottom end. Manufacturer Support: I selected 5 for this as I just received the bass and hope NOT to have any contact with the company. The Wow Factor: It looks great. Sounds great. I doubt I'll be sleeping with it however. The bass is a no brainer if you are looking for an very well made bass. Yes, it's assembled overseas....but it uses all American made electronics. The same electronics that come on the American made basses. I have played both models. You can not tell the difference. Overall: I would replace it if stolen. I chose this for it's advertised value and brand name. I was very surprised and happy when I opened the box.

"Best buy for your bass dollar available IMHO." submitted September 5, 2011

By a customer from evoguild.net
Musical Background: Muckin' about
Music Style: still lookin' for a style
Sound: This isn't the American made bass but the parts that count are the same. I cannot say enough about the versatility of this instrument. I'm getting everything I need from the bass, and then some. I have to take it on faith that the US made version would be better in some way ... 100%, for me, I am very satisfied. If I had unlimited funds I'd have purchased the US version, I don't and I have zero regrets. Feature: I do not see a bass available with this kind of range, for any price. Again, the US made version 'may' prove to be an upgrade ... I can't say. But at this price point (imo) there is not a better buy out there. Ease of Use: Lots of options so it may take a bit to dial in your own sound. Quality: I would have went 10 ... the US version is probably better ..I am personally very happy with what I have. Value: Starting up again after a decade. I played an (American standard) Fender Jazz back in the day ... I miss the Jazz due to the neck ... but I honestly feel like this is a better instrument. I know damned well that it is a better value than anything Fender offers non-US ... and the bridge is better than Fender's US models. This may be the best bang for the buck bass available in the market today. Damned solid instrument. Manufacturer Support: NA ... the website had everything I needed The Wow Factor: Bought the Natural finish ... sexy. Got it as 'B' Stock ... not a damned thing wrong with it. I paid ~$550 ... would have easily paid more. The instrument is worth $800+ easy. Honestly at $1000+ it is a good buy, you won't find an instrument of this quality with this kind of versatility for less available IMHO. Overall: I'm good with this bass forever. I can see, maybe, buying the US version if I start playing out often ... but that will be just 'cause. This bass rocks, best buy for the dollar out there imo.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very Nice !!!!!" submitted September 21, 2014

By Jerry L in Castle Rock, CO
Musical Background: 30 yr semi pro musician
Music Style: Instrumental Surf Rock
Overall: I own 2 Guitars a Fender Deluxe Players strat and a G&L Legacy USA Just bought this bass from zZounds sounds very nice was goingback and forth between Fender and G&L and glad I went this way first the sound quality is very defined very clear pickups are noiseless but I love the feel of this bass in my hands I can be very fast and articulate I will add am not a true bassist but a guitar player so I play with a pick but this is the way I prefer my players in our Surf Band to play as it gives us an edgy / aggressive sound but the quality is awsome as well well done G&L !!!!

"Fine bass for intermediate or experienced players" submitted November 12, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: old musician now confined to garage or occasional session gig
Music Style: classic rock, jazz, other
Sound: If you want a very bright sound with distinct overtones and all the punch you can handle this is the instrument. The sound is amazingly full and every part from the bottom to the top is right there in your face. If you play this with a band and suitable amp everyone will hear the bass all the time. It isn't right for everyone; it takes an experienced player to control the fret noise and no combination of tone controls will make this sound right in a dark or muted bass part. Feature: an owners manual would be nice... I have had to igure out what the switches do by trial and earror. I bought this one as as "blemished" model but it came in beautiful, with the only blemishes I could find some bubbles in the finish. Ease of Use: This means the ease of use is perfect for more experienced players. For me, it took a few days. Mine came set up very low and buzzed the first time I played it. But that was because I was used to playing my old Fender set up much higher. I soon came to appreciate the quality of the instrument, the speed of the neck and fingerboard, with excellent tone as long as the correct light touch is applied. Very fast and clean with the right touch on the frets. FOr beginners, I would recommend getting flatwound strings and setting it up higher- most of the tone would still come through, the fret noise would be reduced, and there would be no need to move up to a better bass when the skills improve. Quality: Astounding. I have owned a lot of basses, and only the Music Man is close in quality. Value: A professional could play this instrument at a gig and only one or two people out of a thousand would know it cost less than $600, and they would be the ones that study music store catalogs. No one would tell the difference, based on the looks or the sound, from basses that go for $1000 plus. If I could paly two at once, I'd buy another one. Manufacturer Support: the website should have the user manual for download. The Wow Factor: I would get another one if I could lay two at once, but really...
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It sounds great, feels great, looks great...what more do you want?" submitted December 10, 2008

Musical Background: very active hobbyist
Music Style: Alternative rock and some alt-country
Sound: I just love this bass. It's sound really cuts through! And it's so flexible; you can get P-Bass sound, Jazz Bass sound and everything in between (or even beyond). With selections of active /passive, single /double coil, front /rear /center on the US made G&L pickups there is virtually no tone you cannot get...it's amazing! It's the best sounding bass I've ever played and I'd give it a 10, but I have to leave something for the American (hand)made version (which I intend to buy in the future). I'm sold on G&L guitars. One word: Quality. Feature: This thing is great! The included gig bag is top notch and provides ample protection for the casual gigger. I figured I'd eventually get a hard case, but now I don't see the need (unless I start touring...). Ease of Use: So EASY to play. I used to struggle to be heard with my previous bass guitar (an Ibanez BTB400 series), but I plugged this thing into the same setup and I can finally relax and just play. The strings are so easy to control and there's no slop! Again, I'd give it a 10, but I have to leave something for the American (hand)made version. Quality: It's excellent! There is NO NOISE generated from the pickups, knobs or switches!! The feel /balance and fit and finish are fantastic. -seriously, I'm not a salesman. Value: NO DOUBT a 10...if not 15!! My bandmates and I were blown away by this thing. It sounds great, feels great, looks great...what more do you want? Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with G&L directly, but from what I've heard, I don't anticipate any problems should the case arise. The Wow Factor: This is a VERY conservative 8. I got the Sunburst with chrome hardware and it's beautiful. And INSPIRING --I can't wait to pick it up again. The only bass I'm more attracted to is the US made version of THIS BASS (which costs more than twice as much)!! So, if price were a factor in this category, I'd give it a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Overall: --I am seriously blown away by this instrument. I can't believe you can get a bass guitar of this quality for this price! --If price is a consideration AT ALL, BUY THIS BASS! You will not be disapointed! If price is NOT a consideration, buy the US made version of THIS BASS! I did a lot of research, played several basses, talked with local musicians and bass guitar experts in Seattle and bought this bass as a result...and I couldn't be happier with the choice.

"Bubbles" submitted March 31, 2014

By William Windham in Athens, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years of guitar, 6 months of bass.
Music Style: Classic rock, Jazz, Prog, Metal, Blues and Psychohippieambient
Overall: If you're looking for a classic sounding bass, don't get this. If you like a ton of slap bass or high and mid-range sounds then this is the bass for you. It's very well made, in spite of it being manufactured in a third world country. The neck needed adjustment, but it was fine after a few cranks on the truss rod. The intonation needs adjustment as well, would have been nice if some wrenches were supplied with it.

"for over 25 years, I found my bass!!!" submitted February 8, 2010

Music Style: All kinds
Sound: Very versitile, one of the best sound of any bass I've seen. Put my Fender usa p-bass to shame. This is all I play now. Fender don't even come clost this thing. Feature: Great features, and easy to use and lots of tones. Ease of Use: wont take long to get used to. Quality: For a bass that is coming from Indonisian, blowing my USA p-bass out the water. Value: Great! price for your money and more. Manufacturer Support: did not have to use one yet! The Wow Factor: Cool looking bass, looks great! and play great! Overall: I will no longer look any where else. I will play it for life.

"Solid and well made bass!" submitted June 18, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Play in a church band and play worship songs.
Music Style: Worship
Sound: Many different bass sounds can come from this bass. I must have spent hours yesterday playing with the three switches. Also, I added a sustainer effects pedal and it was an amazing sound. I play in a church band and can get the definite tones I want and will add my sustain pedal this Sunday for the worship songs. Feature: This is not a made in America bass guitar but the bass is solid. Maybe too solid as it is a bit heavy. Better get a comfortable bass strap. The bass has three switches for a variety of tones and it is not that hard to find your tone. Ease of Use: It is not that hard to find your tone. Quality: Yes. I purchased a return from ZZounds and the fit and finish were flawless. Anyway, I don't need a specific name on a headstock. I need a tone that I can use. This bass may be a bit heavy but you really don't need another bass. Check your tone, and not the headstock name. Value: Yes. A good value. If you want and have the cash, buy the American version. This is a very good playing bass. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed support but give it a 10 anyway. The bass is made with care and the support service personnel probably have the same attitude. The Wow Factor: I don't care about sex appeal. I don't care about a name on a headstock. I care about tone and if a bass meets my needs. Afterall, a bass is a tool to get to your goals. Overall: I may buy an American version because I want another color selection. Until then, the blue color bass meets all my needs and more. Now, I need a bass amp to make it better. What ideas do others have?

"Renardo's Review." submitted January 29, 2013

By Renardo Hill in Buffalo, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play the bass on 7off for 35yrs.
Music Style: rock7hip hop.
Overall: very nice good fill ,smooth and punchy

"Very nice" submitted January 29, 2009

Music Style: Jazz
Sound: Many, many tone variations Feature: The gig bag is first rate. I love the pups on this bass Ease of Use: It just feels great in your hands Quality: Very well made Value: The best bass I have ever found for the price. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with support. I wish they would include a diagram of the switch positions. The Wow Factor: Great looking! Overall: I hope to wear it out

When you call, mention priority code 175F-ZD6B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976