When you call, mention priority code 20J-Y0RR

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 Les Paul T

With a solid, weight-relieved mahogany body and a carved, figured maple top, this Les Paul Traditional delivers vintage bite via two '57 Classic humbuckers.

"Ballsy Les Paul" submitted October 26, 2015

By Dustin N in Pomeroy, OH
Musical Background: Classic Rock
Music Style: Classic Rock/Americana
Overall: Rock solid Les Paul. Everything about it is great. Pickups are very responsive to where you're at on the volume knob, lots of dynamic range. Stays in tune and looks stunning. Can't say enough good things about it. Very solid, well made guitar.

"Les Paul Traditional" submitted December 13, 2015

By Tim T in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 27 years.
Music Style: Christian Rock
Overall: I have been playing my Les Paul for about 2 months now, and I love it. It truly has the historic growl that you have always heard. I retired my G-400 Custom that I played for 16 years, and I am so glad I did. This guitar is not cheap, but if you play all the time, in ten years it wont matter. My only complaint: the tuners suck. C'mon guys (Gibson), this is good money for a guitar. A guitar at this price point should stay in tune. I am upgrading to the Gibson/Grover tuners now. I did the same thing on my G-400 and it made all the difference in the world. I also loved being able to see the actual guitar, and pick the guitar I wanted on Zzounds.com. I will definitely look to Zzounds before I ever buy another new guitar. Being able to actually see the amount of flame, and chose if I liked it or not, really brought a peace of mind.

"Absolute killer guitar and dealer!" submitted January 26, 2016

By Will G in Cohoes, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 40 years mostly guitar. Don't play professionally but enjoy jamming with my children because they play as well.
Music Style: I play rock, blues, Christian rock and jazz.
Overall: My first love was my 1975 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Tobacco Sunburst (actually it was a girl named Sheila but the guitar was faithful). Sadly, I sold that guitar ten years ago but vowed I would get another one just as good. This 2016 LP Traditional has lived up to my hopes and desires in every way. At 9lbs. and 50's neck this baby is a joy to play. Sonically, the 57 pickups are a melody making combo that have to be heard. When you need to be heard just a little volume gives such sweet smooth distortion. It was pretty much set up perfectly out of the case, just some minor tweeks to tune it in. I bought the ice tea burst and I couldn't be happier with my choice, Gibson, you done it again! Here is where I must give credit it's due and "Zzounds, YOU done it again!" Honestly, I am a perfectionist and face it, you're plopping down some serious clams for the real deal. My guitar had a minor blemish on the fret board and another minor issue that only a very close-up exam would catch and Zzounds made an adjustment to my bill and made another loyal customer. Next year I'm hoping to buy a LP Standard, tiger maple, vintage yellow stain. Hear that Zzounds? I'll be back!;-)

"An amazing guitar" submitted March 24, 2016

By D M
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for decades.
Music Style: Primary obsession is electric blues. Also play country and jazz-- and rock too.
Overall: I love this guitar. First, it's beautiful. I ordered the wine red color. There were three on the zZounds website. I picked the one that appeared to have the most pronounced 'flame,' and it turned out to be gorgeous, looks like a custom shop guitar. Second, it is flawless. Fit and finish perfect in all regards. Third, it plays beautifully. I have an American Deluxe Strat (as well as an American Tele and a 335). I never thought I would find a guitar that plays as well as the Strat, but this one definitely does. The neck and fretboard fit my hand perfectly (I have small hands-- may not work as well for everyone). And the set-up was perfect for me, right out of the box. Finally, the sound is fantastic. (I switched out the strings it came with (9's) for 11's.) People talk about the sustain, which is amazing, but I think it's the resonance that really sets it apart. Sounds great unplugged, which I think is a critical test for any solid body guitar. And, finally finally, with the no-interest financing deal you have to discount the already low sticker price by a couple of hundred dollars. This is a great deal! Obviously, I am delighted with this purchase; no reservations or qualifications. (Note: I gave 'manufacturer support' five stars because I was required to put something, but actually I haven't needed any support-- the guitar arrived perfect as is.)

"Simply the Best Guitar in the World! Just Brilliant!" submitted May 31, 2016

By Robert G in Willseyville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: For over 40 years as just a guy who likes guitars.
Music Style: Southern Rock
Sound: The best I have ever played or heard. This is the top of the line! Feature: Everything you need and nothing you don't. I think most players will understand that. Ease of Use: Plug it in and you are ready to go. Mine was perfect out of the case. Quality: Perfect and I mean perfect in every way. Top notch! Value: The best value in guitars right now. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: You can't get anymore wow than these. My Honeyburst is out of site gorgeous! Overall: There is not really a lot I can say other than this guitar is the best guitar I have played or seen in my 53 years. This is a special guitar. I have played Historics and Customs that aren't nearly as good as the '16 Trad! I absolutely love mine. Perfect right out of the case. Gibson made up for their '15 disaster. Get one while you can!

"2016 Les Paul T Traditional Desert Burst" submitted March 20, 2016

By Ronnie B in Seguin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, synthesizer, composer, musician, studio tech, self released 4 CDs, CEO Little Flame Records
Music Style: Classical, Blues, Jazz, New Age, World Beat, Space music, Ambient, Electronica, Rock n Roll, Asian and others.
Overall: I have owned many guitars, mostly Gibson and Fender, but i have always looked for the older guitars for more quality and better sound, but...... my new 2016 Les Paul T Traditional Desert Burst is a joy to hold, a joy to behold, and just short of making it a god, it is an awsome joy to play, and fullfilled all my expectations, as if im playing an original 1957. All I'll say is, YOU DID GOOD GIBSON. AND ZZOUNDS MADE IT POSSIBLE TO OWN IT NOW, WITH 12 EASY PAYMENTS. Our studio only uses ZZOUNDS for top quality musical equipment, wether it be guitars, speakers, mics, etc., they got it. A+

"Smooth As Silk!" submitted November 30, 2015

By Doug Vandiver in Burlington , IA
Overall
Musical Background: Home Jammimng, Playing at Church.
Music Style: Rock, blues, Christian
Overall: I bought this as a Blemish but to my surprise I can not find any type of blemish on it. This is my first brand new Gibson. I am very happy with it. It is Stunning to look at and to play. Thank you Gibson!

"Great service" submitted October 17, 2016

By Gary Bross in St. Charles, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since I was 15.
Music Style: Rock and country
Overall: I have been buying from for a time now, first I bought a Vox 129 plus which is killer. I bought a white Gretah that looks great, then I bought an American Strat in blue, that's really nice to play. Last was a Gibson Les Paul that had a blemish on it, unfortunately I couldn't live with the damage so they upgraded me to a new one. Wine Red, it plays as good as it looks. I'm glad I bought these from a good company. Gary

"PERFECT setup out of the case. This TONE MONSTER and zZounds ROCK!" submitted December 13, 2015

By Mike Carter in LIttleton, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur, been fiddling around with guitars for a few years.
Music Style: Mostly ROCK.
Overall: So absolutely please with my purchase. I got my LP using zZound payment plan. Thank you so much for this easy, convenient option. I ordered one guitar off their website but decided on another soon after. zZounds customer service was able to get the first order canceled and get me into the other one I decided on (thanks to quick acting on my part as well).I love the fact, at this price point, they're taking amazing photos of the actual guitars they have available to choose from. At first I didn't realize this. That's why I canceled the first order. To ensure I knew which specific one I was getting instead of getting a surprise and perhaps be a little disappointed.As far as setup, intonation was nearly perfect. I only had to slightly adjust 3 of the 6 strings. The action was definitely acceptable: ..075 on the low E and .050 on the high E string. Maybe a tad high but definitely within the acceptable range (.059-.079 low E and .039-.059 high E). The neck relief was a little puzzling. Using feeler gauges, the gap at the 8th fret on the low E was .011". The high E measured a mere .007". The only thing that I can imagine explains this the fret is .004" higher on the low E string side of the fretboard/neck. I can't make this measurement/determination without taking ALL of the strings off. I didn't wan't to go through this that at this point and time. Nonetheless, I find the overall setup from Gibson more than acceptable. The overall quality of the instrument is AMAZING! I've had two Custom Shop LPs which I sent back due to quality issues (ordered through another vender). I've had other Gibsons (SG's and ES335) which generated a ton of static through the amp when I slid my hand up or down the neck or bent over to adjust the amp. There are a lot of opinions as to what was causing this. This was not a problem with this 2016 Traditional T LP.Fitment is flawless. Inlays are perfect, binding on the frets, perfect, the nut it fit perfect, all of the electronics work perfectly as expected (no scratching in the pots, no loose jack, no noise from the selector switch). As far as this staying in tune, I cannot really comments as the temperature fluctuates in my downstairs 10 degrees or so throughout the day. This would definitely have an effect on a wood guitar as one might expect. One Gibson authorized luthier told me guitars are like people, they like comfortable, consistent temps. Of course this makes perfect sense to me! I just cannot make this accommodation in my environment. It cools down a bit during the day when I'm not home. I suppose I could run a space heater to keep 'em all comfortable!I did have a couple of blemishes, however, on the binding on the neck at the 19th and 20th through 23rd fret. I brought this to the attention of zZound's return department and sent photos and was issued a fair settlement refund/credit toward my payment plan. The blemishes were on the low E string sid, so they are visible while in the playing position so it kinda bothered me. At this price point, I don't expect these. With the credit I received, I can life with them and don't have to bother picking out another nor sending this beauty back.Tone: Love it. I'm a fan of the '57's. They do it all for me! Blues, Jazz, Rock, even Metal, the 2016 Traditional T Les Paul won't leave you wanting (unless you're an active EMG kinda player perhaps). I play through a Blackstar HT Club 40 amp. If you're in the market for a delicious 40watt all tube amp and you haven't considered Backstair, zZounds can get you into one with 4 easy payments! You won't be dissappointed!Let's talk value. I have an Agile 3200 (Korean) Les Paul that I've got about $1250 into to make it a $2300 sounding Gibson. Does it? I think so. Does it look as sweet? Yes, I think so. Does it play as well? Again, in my opinion, yes. So why did I have to have this new 2016 Traditional T Les Paul. I think you know my answer to that. I just had to have it! And who wouldn't?!!! BUY IT and get yours from zZounds.com.

"Glad Gibson got it right for 2016!" submitted September 13, 2015

By Justin M in Roy, UT
Musical Background: Extreme Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Metal
Overall: Gibson is building them like they were supposed to. This Les Paul Traditional is amazing! The fit and finish is pretty good, just had a tiny bit of overspray on the binding. I can’t anything bad about the pups as they will rock the fillings out of your teeth. Even with the vintage style tuners it stays in tune very well. Since it’s not chambered or weight relieved it is a very heavy guitar. The action was about spot on and had to make a minor adjustment for my taste. The frets have been through the PLEK process and I have no fret overage issues at all. It’s a very solid guitar and I know it will outlive me. Do yourself a favor and get it especially if zZounds is still offering the 12 pay option.
11 of 15 people (73.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Playing Everday" submitted February 27, 2016

By John Phillips in Lubbock, TX
Musical Background: 40 plus years
Music Style: Rock (Southern, Hard, Blues and Country), Blues, Country and Jazz.
Sound: I can play loud, soft, hard rock or smooth jazz to easy listening. Feature: There are no least used features. I use them all depending on the style of music I am playing. Here's one. I don't use the case very much because I'm always playing and use a guitar stand when I go eat or run too the bath room.. Ease of Use: 2 pickup, 2 tone knobs and 2 volume controls. I get a multitude of sounds that I enjoy (depending on the mood I am in) Quality: Yes, it is made very well. I have become skeptical of some of the Gibson line because of their effort to make a "cheaper" guitar. The quality just seemed to go down. I bought the Traditional to test the quality of the Gibson brand and was not familiar with the quality of the Traditional. I called Gibson and asked what this guitar would equal. They said it was the very same as the Standard. With that in mind, I knew that zZounds would take it back if I didn't like the guitar. I bought it that day. I am very satisfied with the quality. Value: I was worth every penny that zZounds originally asked. It is worth far more that what zZounds charge me because of one small blemish that no one could see. Manufacturer Support: Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Also the were very forth coming on any other questions I had. The Wow Factor: There will always be a mystical draw toward the Gibson Les Pauls, just as people want Harley's. I can not see me owning a LP Studio. It just feels like a knock off. If you need a guitar that will work with your amp and give you years of pleasure. Buy a LP Traditional or higher rated guitar. Over years, if well cared for, its value will increase Overall: I have bought 3 guitars from zZounds. The Customer Service is excellent. I bought a Fender 12-string acoustic, Fender Am. Deluxe Stat. and a full weight 2013, '57 style LP in 2015. The LP was left-handed, and new but just had not sold yet. This guitar came in with a small blemish on the back. the Luthier that I took it to said he could take out the blemish for $100. I took detailed pictures, called zZounds and sent the pictures to them. ZZounds immediately offered to replace the LP but I was afraid they were going to run out of that specific model. I asked for the $100 to repair blemish. ZZounds offered me much, much more and I settled. I play me zZounds-bought guitars everyday, playing rock and blues. Trust is earned. I have purchased 2 Peavey amps for my Niece and Nephew, 3 guitars for me and assorted other things under the name of Jay Thurman and John Phillips. It is a nice feeling knowing you bought something of quality and did not get taken in the deal. I have more items to purchase. zZounds will be MY first choice....... You can also see this guitar on my Facebook page under John Phillips

"Gibson Les Paul Traditional Model" submitted October 24, 2015

By John W in Rogers, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for a very long time!
Music Style: Classic rock, Blues, Jazz, Folk-Country
Overall: It is easy to see why this guitar is a legend, very versatile over a wide range of playing styles and different types of music. And, buying it from zZounds could not have been any better. Face the fact, high end guitars are very rare in most local music stores. I ordered this guitar on Monday morning, and by Wednesday afternoon I was playing it. The "Pay as You Play" payment plan makes it super easy to afford to buy good high quality musical instruments. I bought one other guitar from zZounds, same with it. These folks are simply great to work with.

When you call, mention priority code 20J-Y0RR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976