When you call, mention priority code 161X-7XNB

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Guitar Strings

Slowly wrapped over a high-quality, Swedish-steel hex core, these strings offer classic tone and playability with modern strength and resilience.

"WOW!!!" submitted January 3, 2009

By a customer from btinternet.com
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: These are quite simply the best electric guitar strings around. For classic rock, they give a tone which is just unbeatable in my opinion. They have a truly wonderful vintage vibe to them, that makes your guitar sound like a professional instrument. I have tried all the major brands (Ernie Ball, GHS, D'addario, etc etc) and the conclusion I have come to is that these have by far the superior tone. Feature: They are pure nickel wound around a hex shaped core of quality Swedish steel. Ease of Use: These strings feel fantastic to play. They have a wonderful smooth silky feel, and are very easy to bend. I have been using them for a year now, and have never yet broken a single string. I play classic rock, with quite a bit of bending of notes, so I don't treat them softly either. Quality: Top quality. Value: Slightly more expensive than an 'average' set of strings, and worth every penny of that extra. Manufacturer Support: Not needed Overall: I will never use anything else, I have found 'my' strings. If you don't use these strings you are missing out big time.

"I wish I had discovered these strings sooner!" submitted November 21, 2012

Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: I began using the Vintage strings on my Self-built L-P style guitar about 6 months ago. I was considering changing out the pick-ups but thought I'd give these strings a try. I've found that I have a much greater sustain and fullness using these pure nickel strings. I'm glad I changed strings instead of pick-ups!!

"Gibson Vintage Reissue Electric Guitar Strings" submitted September 16, 2013

By Colbert White Sr in Louisville, KY
Musical Background: professionally church
Music Style: hip-hop,blurs, Christian
Overall: Big, full and very articulate, even sound all the way across all six strings. Very punch and crisp sounding. This is the BEST string I have ever put on my on my Guitar

"These are the best..." submitted November 21, 2006

Musical Background: Active musician, semi-professional
Music Style: All kinds, but mostly Alternative pop/rock, blues, and soul
Sound: These are simply the best sounding strings I've ever encountered. Warm and full, with a plenty of bite and sustain. They have a chime to them when played clean, and they have a perfect growl when driven hard. No matter what style you play, these strings will sound great. Quality: Fantastic quality. They are packaged well (vacuum sealed), play great, and last a long time. I'm an avid player who tends to put off puting on new strings, and one of the reasons I got into the (not-so-good) habit was because these strings don't ever seem to wear down. They rarely break, and I don't take it easy on them either. These strings are incredibly well-made. Value: They may be a little more pricey than other brands (by about, what maybe $1?), and believe me, you get every cent out of that extra dollar and more. If the tone alone isn't enough to convince you, the durability will. You'll probably save more than $1 because you won't have to constantly replace them (unless you REALLY punish your strings, in which case you might need to back off a bit..). I would take one pack of these for 3 packs of any of the cheaper brands Overall: If you haven't tried these strings, you're missing out. Any other brand pales in comparison. I've been playing for about 11 years, and once I started using vintage reissues I never stopped. They're the best.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gibson Vintage Reissue" submitted August 4, 2009

Musical Background: Touring Musician
Music Style: Thrash Metal
Sound: It's incredible, I've used so many different strings, Ernie Ball, D'Addario, Dean Markley, Rotosound, and Dunlop strings. But when I slapped these on (.10s) i got unbelievable response and crunch, they sound great, the sound thick and warm when you're playing clean, and sound great when you're playing in distortion. I've put these on all my guitars and it sounds best through my ESP EXP with EMG-60 and EMG-81, but all of em it sounds great from a custom strat, to a les paul and several other guitars Feature: Can't ask for anymore Ease of Use: You just put em on and play. With other strings I've used on tremolo guitars you need to constantly work at them for a few days, but the gibsons went straight on and stayed in tune, I barely had to break them in and I've never had much trouble with them Quality: Well they come vacuum sealed so thats awesome you don't have to immediately put them on for fear of corrosion, you can let em sit somewhere in your room for months. It bugs me that the sound quality starts to die within a few weeks of plying them, i've played some strings that last a year, but these only lasted 2 months, but while they're on theyre incredible, the best sound i've ever heard out of my guitar. They also start breaking often after that 2 month point. I recommend once you have one break, just change all the strings to avoid hassle Value: Its a tad expensive as far as guitar strings go, and the fact that they wear quicker is a downer, but the sound quality is unmatched, so as long as you have the money to replace them every so often i'd recommend these Manufacturer Support: Never had to call gibson, but I've called them for other products and they were extremely helpful and easy to work with The Wow Factor: It sounds great and they look so shiny when you put them on. They just look like they sound good if that makes any sense Overall: Extremely satisfying, go ahead and buy them and see for yourself

Gibson Guitar Strings Customer Review submitted October 24, 2009

Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: metal rock alot of ac/dc am=nd metallica
Sound: best iv ever had out strings and thay lasted about a mounth it helps ALOT to acheve the song i wnt to play the sound respones is amazing Feature: i just bougt thim off the shelf it did come whit a little book thing and a nuther thing that tells about the gages and stuff Ease of Use: onece you put fret fast on thim its slik and smooth and play ability it gibson Quality: its well made so thay can last a long time Value: its good to have and stuff but still best iv had Manufacturer Support: didnt need it Overall: you exspect to get a real gibson sound and it turns out to be more

When you call, mention priority code 161X-7XNB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976