When you call, mention priority code 12FY-R25L

Rating and Reviews: Focusrite Saffire Pro 26

26 inputs and outputs. Free suite of Saffire VST/AU plug-ins.

"Focusrite Saffire 26i/o" submitted May 16, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Freestyle! :)
Sound: This Card Sound very good. The pré-amps are great for the value, and being 8, it's a great arrangement for recording a complete group, specially if you get another preamp set like an Octapre or an Maudio octane. Feature: This has a lot of features, though where it is a monster is at the channel count! This is a 26 in 26 out device, fully routeable in and out path, and the focusrite saffire pro can work in stand alone mode (without a computer), allowing you to use it's converters into adat, or spdif back and forth. Ease of Use: Now this is where i get nasty. A device like this should be simple to use! Though, the focusrite developers, created a stupid control mixer software wich is nasty to use... Thumbs down for this, i hope they release new versions for this! Quality: I like it a lot, though i'm not very crazy about the blue FF led and the baby blue front panel. It's well built, strong really. It fits nicely in a 1U rack place, and it already brings the mount peaces. Value: Well, this is an audio interface. It is what it is... It puts audio in your harddrive and gets it out from there, nothing less, nothing more. Thoug it does it well and i really was searching for an audio interface with a great channel count. And if you daisy chain it with another 2, it can go up to 78in/78out channels, wich is really a great channel count (of course this will decrease with the bigger sample rates, but working 24 chann at 192 kHz, is enough i guess... )... Manufacturer Support: Yes, i had to contact focusrite, about a driver issue. It seems that focusrite is enrolled in reviewing their drivers and they seem to be very god. I had some issues with my audio application and some other issues with the Saffire pro control (the stupid software i was talking about) and most of them cot solved with a beta driver they were releasing. My device was making a lot of noises and pops when changing clock, or sinc'ing with external sources, and with that driver, was also release d a firmware update. After installing this firmware, this issue got a little better, though not completely solved... The Wow Factor: Well i wanted a RME FireFace 800, but 1300 € in Portugal is... well stealing Imho... But I HAVE IT! so, i don't thing this is relevant. Overall: I don't know! Only future will tell!
19 of 24 people (79.17%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"NICE INTERFACE, BAD SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS" submitted January 19, 2009

By a customer from street-level.org
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: ALL
Sound: It sounds good... but i don't have much to compare it too. I've only heard digi001,002 and maudio interfaces. It definitely ranks over those interfaces. Feature: A LOT Ease of Use: The software is crappy and the firewire drivers are touchy. Maudio drivers and control software is much better Quality: Software and firewire stop me from putting 10 on all. Value: Its Great Manufacturer Support: I had a unit that the firewire died and I recieved another unit Overall: If it keeps crashing my ableton live or vice-versa I'll be changing soon!

"BUY IT! I'm thinking to get another one!" submitted August 28, 2008

By a customer from ihug.co.nz
Overall
Musical Background: "Hobbyist", "Active Musician", "Recording Engineer", "Band Director", "Music Addict"........
Music Style: depends of the day pop, rock, etno, funk, dance
Sound: Had a chance to try many of this so I hope that my experience can help you. Sound of the preamps is much better then: Digi001, MBox, Mbox2, Digi002, TC Konnekt 24D, Edirol FA 101, Alesis IO26, Tascam FW1884 and all M-Audio interfaces. Feature: Nice plug-in set A+! Ease of Use: Saffire Pro control (mixer software) is so complicate and not good at all for this soundcard. Focusrite didn't make them self fevered with this one. I'm Mac user so I'm saying only with Mac! Looks like that they don't have problems with PC drivers which I have in the last year. I'm in the contact with support and they trying to fix my problems with drivers. Quality: Troy! You need to be horse to destroy this one and if you do change profession! I'm thinking to get another one! Value: It's free in comparing with other brands similar quality audio interfaces. Manufacturer Support: They are fast, willing to help, very gentle and have lot patience. English is my second language and I don't come across clear at all the time. The Wow Factor: No "sex appeal" just music what it should be! Overall: Drivers for Mac are bad but they working on it. I still managing to make super music and I use it to the maximum 26 I/O on my desk!

When you call, mention priority code 12FY-R25L. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976