When you call, mention priority code 1548-2CN5

Rating and Reviews: Fender Super Champ X2 Amp

Get the best of both worlds. The Fender Super Champ X2 combines classic tube-driven tone with modern onboard effects in an affordable 15-watt combo amp.

"Super Champ is a champ." submitted May 6, 2012

By William Terjesen in Peekskill, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Former pro; guitar, bass, keyboards. Now a jam at home duffer.
Music Style: 50s and 60s rock. Country. Bluegrass.
Overall: A tube amp for $350 with gizmos: what more can I say? Apparently, lots. Back in the 60s Fender Amps were a regular part of the line up of every band I was in. Super Reverbs, Twin Reverbs, Concert Amps, Bandmasters, Bassman, etc. So now that I'm old and past it, I wanted an amp with that good old Fender sound to drive my tele as I trapse down memory lane with my family and friends. This little tube amp with digital "skullduggery" (to quote Greg Koch) does the job without making me miss a mortgage payment. Cheap and sweet!! Tube deliciousness with bells and whistles, mmmm. I haven't played too much with the fuse software yet, but it looks cool. I added a little compression to the Bassman model and it sounded real nice. Snotty AND smooth. I highly recommend this amp for anyone who wants tubes but doesn't have an abundance of disposable cash.
32 of 33 people (96.97%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Love this amp" submitted August 10, 2013

By William Gartin in Byron, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 34 years, I play at home.
Music Style: I play rock, country, blues and bluegrass
Overall: I had forgotten what it was like to have a good sounding amp, that is easy to use. I have had the amp for about three weeks now, No complaints. I was reluctant to purchase a Fender Champ amp because I had one back in the 80's and was not impressed. This amp rocks.

"Amazing Amp" submitted January 21, 2014

By Jose A in Shakopee, MN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for about three years now, primarily at church.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I did a lot of research before buying this amp. It is an amazing peace of equipment. I have to be honest though, I was about to return it due to the fact that you don't get to hear the tubes working till you crank the volume pass six. I was playing it at home and was getting disenchanted, but when I brought it to church and set the volume to eight I immediately change my mind and fell in love with it. But, yeah, that's the down side of it so you keep that in mind.

"OMG is an understatement!" submitted March 6, 2013

By Allison Chapman in Great Falls, MT
Musical Background: Playing for more than 30 years
Music Style: Jazz, Easy Listening, New Age
Overall: The Fender Super Champ X2 has got to be the reference when it comes to guitar amplifiers. First let me say that I have been a guitar player for more than 30 years and in that time I've owned many Fender amps as well as amplifiers by Line6, Musicman, Laney, Randall, Peavey, Marshall etc. I also have been an audiophile for most of that time, owning some of the finest stereo equipment ever made. The Champ arrived just today at my home and had a chance to try it out for the first time, and am so exited that I just could not wait to tell everybody about this. The tonal quality is beyond belief with everything from down and dirty to warm and cuddly. I play a Epiphone Swingster that I have also purchased from zzounds, and the two together just are mind blowing. This amp is not for kids, its' a very serious piece of equipment for very serious players. We no longer have to haul around an 80 pound amp, this amps quality and it's ability to model (exactly) the sound of hundreds of highend amplifiers make it perfect for any serious player. The Champs tonal possibilities are infinite. You can get the same quality and versatility, as long as you are willing to haul around $100,000 worth of equipment.

"much more than I Expected" submitted May 11, 2013

By Steve G in Rochester, NY
Musical Background: I used to be a professional now I play at home with friends
Music Style: Old Country, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Bluegrass, and just about any which way we want to go, we were all pros at one time or another
Overall: Beautiful cleTd effects that I didn't think were possible in an amp this size. The effects were a shock, especially with the tap control. What a GREAT Investment. This is really a quality little amp that delivers big tone. The cleans are sparkling and the effects amazing. I never EVER liked modeling amps but this Fender has changed my perspective. With the Chorus, Tremolo,Delay and Reverb and the ability to control the timing with the Tap control this amp is a more than worth investment. especially with the Fuse software.

"If There's A Better Amp Out there For The Money.......Buy It now!!!" submitted April 11, 2012

By Rev. Jim Berlin in Richland Center, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 40 plus years experience in guitar, bass, slide, playing professionally all over the USA and Canada.
Music Style: Country, Country-Rock, Blues, Christian and Rock.
Overall: Unbelievable sound & useability from the mainframe of all amplifier companies, Fender!! Huge sounds, unlimited voicings, very useful controls, channel switching capabilites footswitch contolled, better than usual stock speaker, multiple effects and great tube sound. Seriously, what more can we expect for around $350.00? A great amp at a great price. FENDER DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!!
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"In the Shop for 2 months!" submitted November 3, 2013

By Thomas Impomeni in Boise, ID
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Ecclectic, rock, country, blues.
Overall: I enjoyed the X2 until it stopped working. I am sure happy for the 5 year warranty because it looks like it is going to take that long to get it repaired. The shop had to send off to Fender for a replacement PC board and it has been 2 months, give me a break.

"Fender Super Champ X2 Guitar Combo Amp" submitted November 30, 2013

By a customer from gmail.com in RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
Overall
Overall: Portable with zoom! clean Fender sound and awesome tube grunge.

"Fender Super champ x2 amp" submitted April 6, 2014

By ronald letourneau in jacksonville, FL
Overall
Musical Background: use to play in bar bands, jam at home on my studio, I play bass, guitar and my drum machine lol
Music Style: blues, christian, rock, some country, and songs I wrote myself
Overall: This amp takes care of all my amp needs, I's good for blues, rock, and country, well built, nice tube sound.

"Fender Super champ x2 amp" submitted April 6, 2014

By ronald letourneau in jacksonville, FL
Music Style: blues, christian, rock, some country, and songs I wrote myself

When you call, mention priority code 1548-2CN5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976