When you call, mention priority code 157D-HDHX

Rating and Reviews: Fender Deluxe Strat

This super-versatile Stratocaster boasts three Vintage Noiseless Strat pickups with 5-way switching and 2 push/pull positions for a huge tonal palette.

"Awesome Guitar for the Price!" submitted February 24, 2012

By John S in Davison, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Retired touring guitar player/singer. 20+ years.
Music Style: Blues, Blues/Rock, Jazz
Sound: The Noisless PUPS are SWEET! Classic Strat Tone without the hum. I love the additional push button feature. Adds a lot of versatility. I am playing it through both an older Fender Blues Deluxe (Sweet clean sound) and also through a new Mustang III. The guitar holds up well within all of the variety of sounds available with this amp too. Feature: The Ash body looks good and gives classic resonance. I love the push button for additional tonal control and variation, augments the 5 position switch nicely. The wider neck radius (12") is awesome! (I am a larger guy with thick fingers) Very playable! Reminds me a bit of my old '83 Strat Elite. Nice Feel. The Rosewood Fretboard gives it just the right touch of warmth. Ease of Use: This guitar was playable right out of the box. I did just a few minor adjustments to string height etc. to fine tune it to my specific needs but very easy to do and very easy to play. Quality: The overall quality seems to be up to the very high standard that I have grown to expect of Fender. Fender has done an outstanding job of making their facility in Mexico, World Class in their quality of production. The higher end touches, the Noiseless PUPS and the look of the transparent finish and gold hardware are awesome. I believe this guitar will be a permanant piece in my collection Value: Well worth the price! MSRP $929 ZZounds $649. Great value when compared to many even higher priced instruments. ZZounds price guarantee is AWESOME I got this guitar for a price that amazed even me! Better price than many CHEAP knock offs but fo the real deal! Absolutely worth it! Want a beautifull classic stratocaster vibe but can't afford $1K plus??? This is your Axe! Manufacturer Support: I have always had positive experiences when dealing with Fender in the past. Have had no need to deal with them on this instrument The Wow Factor: This guitar LOOKS AWESOME! Plays AWESOME! Gives Classic sounds for Blues, Rock and even Country. At an AWESOME PRICE! BUY ONE! Overall: Just received my new Deluxe Players Strat. Love it! It compares well to my older American made strats. The finish is beautiful, the gold hardware seems to be of high quality and is striking against the saphirre blue body. Nicely done Fender. I have found the Mexican made guitars are right up to the standards of the new American made in most ways.

"Only strat I ever liked!" submitted November 14, 2012

By Ethan Oakes
Musical Background: Hobby guitarist
Music Style: country blues rock
Overall: I will keep it simple. The only bad on this guitar is the low volume output from the noiseless pickups. The hum is 90% eliminated so it is worth it but I always have to turn the volume up on my amp a little when I am playing this compared to my guitars with humbuckers. OK, this guitar has the best action I have ever encountered. MUCH better than my PRS SE Tremonti and Epiphone Les Paul Ultra. I bought this in hopes that I would get enough twang from it to not have to buy a Telecaster. It has some twang but it's just not quite enough to mark a Tele off my "to get list". This as is flawless cosmetically, has a nice slim neck, and stays in tune very well. The additional settings on this strat are good but not as good as positions 1-5 in my opinion. Can get plenty of quack in positions 2 and 4 which are my favorite settings on the guitar. It seems that the middle pickup is best for strumming. The bride pickup has enough bite to play anything with distortion that is originally played on a strat such as SRV, Hendrix, RHCP etc. For the money, this is much better than the 2 guitars I mentioned above. I honestly could have paid 1650 and been totally satisfied. For 650 I am floored!!!!

"Strat players out there!!! This is the best deal!!! And will not hurt your piggy bank...be wise,,,so,play to live and live to pl" submitted November 30, 2011

Musical Background: 40+ years -Guitar and bass guitar/semi pro
Music Style: rock, blues, jazz, gospel, latin jazz
Sound: Great sound and quality product, this guitar realy give me the sound and performance that I was looking for.The pickups combinations that you can get is a plus.No doubts,,,Great guitar,Iam very pleased!!! Feature: The selection of parts,material combination in this one, is perfect!!! Ease of Use: Easy?...very easy just plugit and playit and then you will know what I am talking about my friend. Quality: Its a Fender product, she stand for her legacy.Quality,beauty and reliable.It would last more than me. Strong built guitar... Value: This guitar has more features and quality parts than others that cost a lot more than this one.Good deal! Manufacturer Support: So far I didnt needed, But I know that if I need some support, Zz Sound would there for me... The Wow Factor: Very impressive, the golden hardware,the noisless pickups,the push buttom switch and the blonde color...the perfect combination!!! shure I wanted!!! Overall: I will get another like this one if anythin happens to this beauty...

"Guitar I Have Dreamed Of" submitted June 28, 2012

By Craig F in Bangor, ME
Musical Background: Hoby
Music Style: Rock/Blues
Overall: I have been playing guitar since 11th grade. I have always had low end or used gear. Many times I have been to a music store and left frustrated cuz I could not afford a good quality instrument that would complement my playing rather then hinder. To be honest ther is something to be said for learning on a cheap guitar, but when you finally play a killer one like this you never want to go back. I financed with zzounds 8 pay plan and never looked back. This guitar is AMAZING! Its made with some off the same parts you will find on super high end Fender Strats. The Vintage Noiseless pups and multiple configurations allow for tons of tone and then some. (By the way same pups as with the EClapton model) The guitar is a knock out looks wise, I mean jaw dropping. And in my opinion plays as well or better then most the American Strats ive played. I dont know, this guitar and I were just ment for each other. I sold and gifted my other guitars cuz this one is it for me.

"Great value with tons of "Wow!" factors." submitted July 31, 2014

By Adam B in Etters, PA
Music Style: Rock, Christian, Country, Blues, Jazz
Overall: I ordered the sunburst with rosewood neck, came with gig bag, Fender booklet with adjustment tools. I gave myself a month before writing this review as I wanted to put this guitar through the motions of playing in some different settings. First the build quality is excellent. Fret work is spotless, not finish blemishes or unevenness, neck joint is tight, everything in build quality is top notch and right there with the MIA or MIJ models. The hardware, tuners, bridge, etc. are standard, not the best but far from the worst. You could upgrade if you wanted, but I believe they are durable enough and it hold its tune very well. The pickups are "Noiseless", and they do a good job at canceling out the hum, not completely, but enough to notice. If I had one grip, they do not have massive tone. They are standard Stratocaster single coil tone. I have not made up my mind but I believe I will change these out at some point. Now the standout of this guitar is three things. You can get these three things on other Stratocasters but not all in one package like this baby. First is the 12" radius neck. For those that do not know what this is let me explain. Most Stratocasters have a 7.5" or 9-9.5" radius neck which is the curvature of the fret board. A 12" radius is more flat and has more of traditional feel to it. It is also a satin neck and the two combined for me make it perfect. This is something to be mindful about as is does not feel like a traditional Stratocaster neck. If you are more of Gibson style neck person, you will love this. The second feature is the bridge button. So on a standard Stratocaster when you have the blade switch in position 1 you have the neck pickup, in position 2 you have the neck and middle, in position 3 you have the middle, in position 4 you have the middle and the bridge, and in 5 just the bridge. Then of course a tone knob for the neck, and tone for the middle, and volume for all 3. This little button I located between the two tone knobs, and it activates the bridge pickup. So in position 1 you can now have both the neck and the bridge active, and in position 4 all 3 pickups are active. With this I must say you can get a massive amount of tones and sounds out of this guitar. A humbucker in the bridge with split coil option would make this over the top. The last thing is the "wow", factor. No picture will do the justice of seeing this guitar in the flesh. I have never been a fan of gold hardware, but it works on this, and it works well. It plays out of the box, but like all stringed instruments it will need a fine tuned set up. I gave it week to get settled to my area of the country before I started to adjust the intonation. After a month it is perfect and stays in perfect pitch.

"WTF Fender?" submitted December 2, 2010

Musical Background: semi-pro, Indie Recording Artist
Sound: Sounds great! Feature: cool push-button switch for blending in the neck pickup and the noiseless pickups were a big selling point and why I purchased this guitar... The finish (honey blond) is beautiful and looks best with the gold hardware compared to the other finish options(IMHO)- Ease of Use: well - terrible job on fret finish and an inspector who signed off on this neck made what could of been a beautiful guitar seem cheap, shoddy and not even worthy of a Squier decal so ease of use is not what it could have and should have been... (probably cuts cheese or lettuce pretty good though) Quality: Fender, you let me down! This is my first ever brand new guitar and for a "top of the line MIM model" that cost 600 bucks you should be ashamed that it ever shipped! Value: As it stands right now the value is way down on the rating scale - nothing "deluxe" about this neck, that's for sure...I'm pissed! Terrible fret installation. The tech/inspector either does not know what they're doing or does not care! Manufacturer Support: just got off the phone with Fender - very surprised rep on the other end...all they'll offer is for an Authorized Fender Repair Facility to finish the job that should've been done right at the factory - no cost to me - (what else can they do?) but I will let my tech finish this guitar for Fender because I do not want to be without this axe for more than a couple of days. The Wow Factor: It's gorgeous and sounds amazing! Overall: I'm not satisfied yet. I'm sure after it's filed/smoothed properly it will be one bad ass guitar...

"Great sound, great value, looks, playability, material and workmanship makes this choice a no-brainer." submitted August 15, 2011

Music Style: Rock/Classic rock
Sound: This guitar growls as well as screams......The low tones sound incredible. Its glassy tones are what you would expect out of a strat. The position switches give you just about any sound you would want. Feature: Accessories consist of needed tools for a setup. Adjusting the action as well as the neck bow is easy.This guitar is very well constructed with high quality materials from the gold plated hardware to the solid woods used for the neck and body. Its weight gives a very solid high quality feel. You can feel the awsome resonance through the neck and body as you strum the strings. Ease of Use: A decent quality amp will produce beautiful tones with this sweet guitar. I play mine through a Mustang III as well as a G-Dec 30 and it sounds beautiful. I can imagine what it sounds like through a tube amp. Thats next on my list. This was an upgrade for me as I played a lower quality guitar and its amazing how it has improved my playing, very easy neck. Quality: Solid construction, you can just feel the quality. Finish is spot on, very easy to clean shiny. Keeps in tune extremely well regardless of the whammy bridge, they nailed it with this one. Value: I cannot find a reason to buy a more expensive guitar as this one is as absolutely just as good as any american strat, no question. Manufacturer Support: Havnt needed any help with this and doubt I will. The Wow Factor: Mine is gorgeous with the 3-color sunburst and rosewood neck and gold hardware it looks killer. Overall: As a beleiver in variety, I will probably suppliment this with a different guitar some day, but for now no need to, maybe a new tube amp.

"THE Fender." submitted April 12, 2007

By a customer from rochester.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: working on first cd
Music Style: blues-death metal
Sound: the sound is just absolutley amazing. hook it up to the right amps/pedals and you can get any sound out of this amazing thing. the pickups are just amazing you dont get any feedback or anything. Feature: this guitar looks sooooo much better in person than in picture. if your thinking of not buying it because you dont think it looks as bright an as brilliannt as it should be, think again. this thing shines like a pearl. the gold hardward looks awesome on the guitar. the only thing is that when i buy this guitar im going to rip the little rubber thing off on the top of the whammy bar cause i dont really think it complements the guitar very well. Ease of Use: i have never found an easier guitar to toy around with its sounds. i have a schecter and sometimes the sound effects get a little messed up. one of my favorite parts about this guitar is how easily you can bend a string up. its just pure insanity. the neck is extremley fast. just buy it. Quality: the finish is absolutley beautiful. thats all i have to say. the most beautiful guitar ever. Value: god for all the money it costs...buy it. they're practically giving this guitat away. absolutley amazing. The Wow Factor: just beautiful Overall: best guitar ever buy it!!!!

"ONE KILLER GUITAR!!" submitted April 27, 2006

By a customer from taconic.net
Musical Background: Active musician, songwriter and engineer
Music Style: country, country cross over, light rock and folk
Sound: This guitar sounds awesome! The tones are unbelievable. Lots of variety. I use the PodXT Live but just plugging this sucker in direct sounds incredible! Feature: Very beautiful and packed with features. 5 blade position switch plus more pick up combos available with the push of a button. Beautiful I tell you! Ease of Use: Just plug in and play. The sound is there and again there's many different tones! Quality: Mine is the 3 color sunburst and it is absolutely gorgeous. The craftsmanship is fantastic. I've played on strats far more expensive and this one sounds and plays just as good! It's all I need... Value: Worth waaaaaay more than what I paid. Manufacturer Support: Fender is a great company that goes above and beyond to satisfy their customers. I haven't had to deal with them personally but I have friends that have and they all say support has been remarkable when needed. The Wow Factor: See above... Beautiful! Overall: I'll have this guitar forever! No need to buy another.

"Very nice guitar" submitted November 26, 2013

By Leon L in mary esther, FL
Musical Background: Playing for 35 yrs. Have played in band. Mainly at home noe
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, country and easy listening (chet Atkins style)
Overall: Guitar came with 9s on it. Too thin for my liking. Changed to 10s. After performing 2 hr setup it plays like a dream. Excellent build quality for the price.

"Strat Player Deluxe" submitted April 29, 2012

By Michael R in Bellefontaine, OH
Musical Background: Retired Professional
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Fingerstyle, Light Jazz
Overall: For most of the last fifty years. I have owned many guitars. Original Fender and Gibson guitars from the sixties. I still own an early 60's SG. Thie players strat for the money is an excellent instrument. Superb tone and playability. The neck and the fretboard for me feels really nice, but I believe that everyones different, so you need to go to a music store and pickup this guitar for yourself. and play it. For the money I'm not sure you can beat it !!!!!

"Great Sounding Eye-Candy Worth Every Penny" submitted April 5, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician & Studio Artist
Music Style: contemporary
Sound: I love the sound of this guitar. It has very warm bass notes in just about every pickup combination. Classic Strat sound, and a pickup combination for every style. Lots of sustain, perfect intonation. Feature: I gave this category a nine because, well, how many features do you want on a Strat, and still be able to call it a Strat? It has the selector button which gives a wider range of pickup combos, and a tremolo bar (which is very, very sensitive, by the way). As for the switch, the changes are very subtle, and I don't use it much. The x-tra switch was not a factor for me, and I would have bought it with or without. Ease of Use: What other rating can you give a Strat? Plays like butter. I like the bullet strings that came on it, and I haven't replaced them yet. I lowered the overall action just a hair and raised the low E until the buzz dissappeared, but other than that, I haven't changed a thing, and it was more than playable right out of the shipping box. Quality: This guitar is made in Mexico, which in itself is not a problem, but they do not have the quality control of the Amercan factory Strats, which are, of course, much more expensive. I sent back the first one I recieved. The gold plug-in plate was buckled upwards as a result of the holes being drilled to close together. While this is a very small cosmetic blemish, but I didn't like the way it arched away from the body. The replacement was much better. The first one I got was also a different color than described: not a sapphire blue, but a rather greenish blue. It was very pretty, and I would have kept it simply for the uniqueness factor if it hadn't have been for the other blemish. Value: This guitar is a pretty good value. If given the choice, knowing what I know now, I would buy this same guitar for the same price all over again. I don't regret a penny spent on it. Manufacturer Support: So far as I can tell, Fender considers its customers a pesky but necessary evil. They were almost impossible to contact. Also, when I tried to find a different pickguard to put on it for purely cosmetic reasons, I found that there are no pickguards made for this guitar. Because it has the x-tra button, and therefore x-tra hole, I would have to by a standard pickuard and drill the hole myself. The Zzounds.com staff, however, were more than helpful. The Wow Factor: This guitar is total eye-candy. Classy, but a bit out of the ordiary, as far as Strats go. Mine is the sapphire blue finish, and one of the prettiest I've seen. The gold hardware really compliments the blue, and though the brown celluloid pickgaurd is top quality 3 ply, and classic-looking, I plan on replacing it with either a gold plated one, or maybe a black abalone or white pearl, something that will really bring out the blue. Overall: I will never sell this guitar. It will be an heirloom of my kingdom, haha. I named it Mabel, by the way.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A great step up from a Standard Stratocaster." submitted July 19, 2007

By a customer from aim.com
Musical Background: Semi-Active Musician
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Funk Rock
Sound: The sound is perfectly clear that is fit for infinite styles of playing.The noiseless pickups even out the sound among the strings to where no string stands out. In my opinion, it's perfect. Feature: The guitar has all of the features of a standard strat (Pickup options, tremolo bridge, etc.) only better quality for the most part. The vintage noiseless pickups are an upgrade. There is also a button that supposedly allows another 5 pickup options, but I don't notice any difference in them and the normal options, so don't buy the guitar anticipating those. Ease of Use: The guitar is equipped with super bullets. In other words, it plays extremely easily. It's fit for all technical styles of playing. Quality: While still a Mexican strat, it has the quality of an American. Perhaps better. Value: It sounds like a $2,000 guitar. Definately worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Fortunately I've never needed support. The Wow Factor: The guitar comes in a variety of colors, all with a brown pickguard. Personally I find the Honey Blonde and Sapphire the most attractive. Plus the gold hardware illuminates the guitar, quite literally on stage. Overall: I plan to play this guitar as long as I ever play. It has the sound, look, and playability that any guitarist wants.

"Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster electric Guitar " submitted December 26, 2013

By LeRoy Valleau in Dunedin ,, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar now for 58 years , and keyboard too , professionally . from N.Y. city to upper state N.Y.
Music Style: From the 30's , 40s , 50s , - Ect. to country - old and new - to do-ops - blues - NO HARD ROCK - or - HIP HOP - can play it but
Overall: A great guitar LOOK IN TO IT MORE

"wanted to love it" submitted September 9, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: A part time pro musician. I'm a singer who plays guitar, not a guitar player who sings.
Music Style: 60's and 60's tribute
Overall: The finish on this guitar is beautiful, second to none. I wasn't sure about a MIM guitar but I thought I would give it a whirl. I wanted to upgrade from my Squier CV 50's guitar and this instrument seemed like a lot of guitar for the money. I sold my CV and bought this guitar and when it arrived, I was terribly disappointed with the state of the neck. The pocket was very tight but there was a choke at the 8th fret that was impossible to ignore, particularly as the action was not nearly as good as my CV. I sent the guitar for setup and a week later it returned with a little less buzzing but no better action. Needless to say, I'm missing my CV. I've returned this guitar and ordered another so hopefully, it willl be much better. The tone is terrific and I think I can learn to like the larger radius neck but won't know until I get one that has all the issues sorted out.

"wanted to love it" submitted September 9, 2012

Music Style: 60's and 60's tribute
Overall: The finish on this guitar is beautiful, second to none. I wasn't sure about a MIM guitar but I thought I would give it a whirl. I wanted to upgrade from my Squier CV 50's guitar and this instrument seemed like a lot of guitar for the money. I sold my CV and bought this guitar and when it arrived, I was terribly disappointed with the state of the neck. The pocket was very tight but there was a choke at the 8th fret that was impossible to ignore, particularly as the action was not nearly as good as my CV. I sent the guitar for setup and a week later it returned with a little less buzzing but no better action. Needless to say, I'm missing my CV. I've returned this guitar and ordered another so hopefully, it will be much better. The tone is terrific and I think I can learn to like the larger radius neck but won't know until I get one that has all the issues sorted out.

"FEnder Deluxe Players Rosewood Strat" submitted January 16, 2012

By Daniel Ponce in Madera, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 24 years. I prefer to play fender strats, Ibanez Rg series,Gibson Les Paul Studio and PRS Santana style.
Music Style: fusion,latin,thrash,blues
Overall: This guitar was one of the most superb instruments I have ever played. It is by no means a low end guitar. I really value the wide tonal range and all of the subtleties that are found even on an American strat. The fretboard is impeccable and the action is the smoothest I have experienced ever. I have made this guitar a vital addition to my primary instruments (Ibanez RG series/Gibson Les paul Studio/Paul reed Smith Santana). The only minor adjustment that I made was on the bridge to suit my preferences. I must be perfectly honest in that I would prefer this instrument over the American strat due to pricing and craftsmanship. I would be more than glad to make another purchase in the near future. HOwever, I was hoping to find something similiar to the Fender jazzmaster in the near future. I will keep my eyes and ears open for any future developments. Overall, I am grateful to Zounds for allowing feasible financing and the luthiers Mexico for bringing it all together. I am one happy musician.:)

When you call, mention priority code 157D-HDHX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976