When you call, mention priority code 1562-9G18

Rating and Reviews: Fender Modern Player Tele

Play this Tele fat, thin, clean or dirty. With three pickups in an HSS configuration, the Modern Player Telecaster Plus is a unique take on a classic guitar.

"Great guitar at a great price!" submitted March 4, 2013

By David M in St. George, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 15 years.
Music Style: Country, Classic Rock and Blues.
Overall: After reading, listening and absorbing the reviews on the Modern Player Tele Plus, I bought one from zzounds Upon arrival, I changed to 10 gauge pure nickel strings, lowered the action to my preference,reset the intonation and adjusted the neck slightly. With these things done I proceeded to play the heck out of this thing. I read a couple of reviews where the author stated that the Classic Vibe was better and Fender was just out to rip the consumer off with the Modern Player Instruments. I have to call B.S. on that one! I have a Classic Vibe 50's Tele, which I love, but the quality of the Modern Player is great for the price. IMOHO, These guitars coming out of China are of better quality than the standards coming out of Mexico. I have found awesome tones vibrating from this guitar and it plays as sweet as any other Tele I have played. Not to mention the looks of this Pine Bodied guitar are exceptional as well as the fit of the neck in the neck pocket!

"Fender Telecaster Modern Player" submitted May 5, 2013

By Soren Duran in Morro bay, CA
Overall
Overall: I bought this guitar excited as hell. And I still get excited as hell when I unzip its case to play it. It's absolutely beautiful and sounds wonderful. I mainly play it through a Holy Grail reverb pedal which really blows me away at how great it sounds. I have so much fun switching pickups if you want a guitar that truly sounds amazing and won't break the bank this is the one. Don't let anyone tell you that you need an American made teley. You will be happy you made this purchase. Oh and take it (like all new guitars) to a trusted guitar tech, not guitar center and get it "set up". I was going to get the brown one, but I got the sunburst and it is just so pretty. This guitar reminds every day why I love playing music.

"Surprisingly Exceptional!" submitted January 8, 2014

By Bill K in Gray, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 51 years now. I play guitar, bass, keyboards, mandolin
Music Style: Classic rock, jazz, fusion, Christian contemporary
Overall: As a player who's been around for many years, I was a bit hesitant to purchase a Modern Player Telecaster. But after hearing a few demos, I couldn't resist it. The pickups are very good, and the humbucker and Strat pickups add a lot to the traditional Tele sound. In fact, I would say that this guitar's sound is about as versatile as any guitar I've ever had (and that includes several Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanezes, and many more.) I was also expecting it to feel a bit cheap, but it feels like a really good Telecaster. The maple neck looks as good as any, and the body finish is top-notch (I got the Honey Burst). The hardware is all nice, and the added coil-tap for the humbucker is a sweet addition. My only complaint... it is HEAVY! I'm getting old, and my back isn't what it used to be. But this guitar is so cool that I just ordered a very wide strap from zZounds, because I plan on using this guitar a lot... if my back hold up! ;)

"fender modern player telecaster" submitted June 10, 2013

By Greg D in Pigeon Forge, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since Feb, 1964.....day after I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan
Music Style: classic rock & blues,Country,original music
Overall: I just received my guitar and right out of the box she is frickin' AWESOME ! it plays like guitars that cost 4 times as much and sounds beautiful thru my blues deluxe amp !!!! a match made in Heaven ! It says "crafted in China" and my hats off to the Chinese because this guitar is as gorgeous and as sweet sounding as ANYTHING America puts out ! For the money (no just for it's quality) this is an incredible deal on a impressive piece of musical craftsmanship !!!!! GIT YA ONE !!!!!!!! NOW !!!! you will NOT be disappointed !!!!

"Great guitar...even better price" submitted June 25, 2013

By Kevin James in Tampa, FL
Musical Background: 16 years, touring musician
Music Style: Hard rock
Overall: This guitar plays perfectly. The neck is different from all the other higher end guitars I own, it's glossy and really smooth. The pick up selector options really let you get different sounds and being able to click the humbucker on and off is awesome. I know tele purists probably won't think this guitar sounds as good as the 1000 dollar plus models but I can say that if you want a great sounding and well built guitar for a very affordable price then this is the one for you! I play hard rock and this guitar fits perfectly, the clean tones are it's strengths though in my opinion. Bottom line, if you want a fender guitar and don't have a ton of cash, this is where to start!

"zZounds is Top Notch....." submitted May 23, 2014

By Tommy Robb in Burleson, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for about 40 years. Yikes....
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Classic Rock. My own stuff too.
Overall: A few things: Ont the Telacaster Modern Player I bought from zZounds is awesome, it plays great. All I had to do was tune it.... That's it. I know everybody likes to tweak pickups, nits, strings ect ect, but the way I see it is if your a good guitar player you don't need to mess with all that silly stuff. This Fender came out of the box ready to go., If it did not I sure would not say it did... Second thing is zZounds "Pay as you Play" payment plan works out really nice. No hidden charges or anything to worry about, just make sure the money is in whatever account when it's payment time lol. Last thing is, Most places sell the guitars for around the same prices, so price shopping is a wast of time on most of the large retailers. But I'll tell you this zZounds has great customer service! Just call them about anything, you will not be on hold London at all waiting for a person (yes a person) to take your call, and they are great to deal with. Also my Telecaster got to me pronto after I placed the order. Also it was shipped in a nice heavy duty well padded box, and inside of that was the Fender box, and that is a super nice box too. So as far as I am concerned zZounds has my business 100% Tomz

"Multi Trick Pony" submitted February 17, 2014

By Michael Cossey in Batesville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 35 + years of novice, not serious playing........personal enjoyment ,song writing.
Music Style: Folk Rock, Country Rock, Classic Rock....
Overall: This is an excellent all around variable options guitar......can dial in the sound I want from Hard Rock, "Neil Young" and "Crazy Horse" to Mellower "you name it" Country..capable of most any sound I will ever need in a 6 string solid body electric........and if you have an effects / modeler pedal, your pretty much set........

"Wow" submitted January 21, 2014

By Jonathan K in Pepperell, MA
Overall
Musical Background: playing mostly acoustic guitar for over 30 yrs - done some open mikes but mostly just play with friends and family.
Music Style: folk, country, rock, blues...
Overall: Just got my new Modern Player Tele Plus and have got to say, what a beautiful guitar. I got a blemished model and can not find any imperfections. This guitar plays great. The neck is what I have experienced on much more expensive US Tele's. Smooth, fast and easy to play. Between my Fender Mustang Amp and the 3-4 different pickups the sounds are endless. Really looking forward to "getting to know" this guitar.

"Love this Guitar!" submitted April 30, 2014

By Mark W in Grand Bay, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing professionally for over 40 years. Guitar, Synth Guitar, Banjo, Fiddle, Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass , and Mandolin
Music Style: Country, Blues, Rock, Pop, Bluegrass
Overall: I've been wanting this guitar for over a year and a half. I actually tried one out at our local Guitar Center. However, financial issues prevented me from acquiring one soon enough. I chose the 4 month plan here at Zzounds, and I'm glad I did! They sent it to me promptly, and it's doing a GREAT JOB for me! I love this guitar!

"Telecaster/Modern" submitted April 14, 2014

By charlie davis in Argyle, TX
Overall
Overall: Super, everything good.

"TOTALLY AWESOME !" submitted May 9, 2013

By Ed James in North Richland Hills, TX
Musical Background: Rock, Jazz, Blues
Overall: I just recieved this awesome beauty including the case I ordered. (at extra cost).I Tuned it, Pluged it in........And WOW This guitar is so AWESOME..... Virtually NO set up. Out of the BOX is great. I love the new pick-up configuration. Neck is smooth... Finish is Great. I Love the 5 position switch and 4 pick-ups This is truley a Modern Player. From Country, To rock, to Blues.... This Guitar does it ALL

"Awesome!" submitted October 17, 2012

By Kort K in Revere, MA
Overall
Musical Background: long long time...
Music Style: rock, blues...
Overall: Bought this guitar Sunday night, arrived Tuesday at 8:58a.m. What a beauty! Flawless fret work, and the craftsmanship is superb!

"Fender Mondern Player Plus Telecaster" submitted January 22, 2014

By will l in plymouth, NH
Overall
Musical Background: playing music for over 25+ years.
Music Style: country,blues,classic rock.
Overall: Very nicely made guitar. Nice neck and finish. For me, It was very ping-e sounding and the middle pickup got in the way of picking.

When you call, mention priority code 1562-9G18. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976