When you call, mention priority code 16XR-XHXS

Rating and Reviews: ESP LTD JH600 Hanneman

Custom-designed by Slayer's Jeff Hanneman, this neck-through-body guitar is loaded with EMG 81 and 85 active pickups to create every shredder's dream tone.

"Does way more than just thrash..." submitted September 26, 2014

By Jeff H in Bosque Farms, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar and piano for 33 years, gigging and recording musician
Music Style: Rock and heavy metal, Blues
Sound: The sound is unbelievable. With the brass rollers, it has a deep bass sound to it and I have found no need to layer recordings due to the full tone of this guitar. Whether I run this through Line 6 recording gear or mic my Marshall 2203, the sound is insanely incredible. The 85 neck pup is a little bright at times but nothing the tone knob doesn't fix. I may go to a 60 neck pup later down the road. Feature: The selection of components for this guitar is excellent. It seems that they all compliment each other and if you were to change one (except the neck pup) the guitar just wouldn't be he same. When you price all of the features of this guitar separately, you see what a value the guitar really is which is why I chose this guitar. I'm not a big Slayer fan so the fact that it was a Hanneman model didn't really play into my decision for buying it. Ease of Use: Low action, smooth Kahler, Ebony fret board. Jumbo frets, Grover machines...need I say more? Quality: Second to known at this price. This guitar, for being a plain glossy black, is freaking beautiful. From the white binding to the finish of the paint, you can see that whoever built this guitar had pride in his work and didn't just look at building guitars as just a job. In one word...SMOOTH ! Value: Yes. I've played and own guitars that cost two and three times what this did and don't play or look as good. Great value for the money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them but will update if I ever do. The Wow Factor: I'm probably one of the few people that can look at an all black guitar and say, "WOW' hahahaha. It is an intimidating looking guitar when placed next to others. Overall: I usually stay away from signature guitars because most of them are gaudy with designs and artist autographs all over them. This leaves no room for your own identity on stage if you choose to gig with it. Generally leaves you looking like a fan boy...but I digress. I bought this guitar for several reasons: 1) EMG 81/85 active pups 2) Long scale neck 3) Eboney finger board 4) Jumbo frets 5) Grover machines 6) Use of Alder instead of Basswood 7) All around good looking black guitar I have only owned a couple guitars over my 30 years of playing that had tremelo systems. Those were all original Floyd Rose tremelos. I was a little leery about the Kahler system after reading so many poor reviews about them. Maybe I got lucky or Kahler has fixed whatever problems they had with these cause mine works flawlessly. It doesn't go out of tune after dive bombs etc. It's smooth as silk as well. Being the hybrid model, you can use the manufacturer supplied tools to tighten the set screw which locks the tremelo into a fixed position. I do this when I'm recording songs that don't require the use of a floating tremelo. After being loosened and tightened on several occasions, the Kahler set/lock screw shows no signs of stripping, loosening or other wear issues. The brass rollers on the Kahler give the guitar a deep, bassy tone, similar to a Les Paul. I know this cause I own a few Les Pauls and this guitar comes closest to their sound than any other clone or super strat style guitar I've ever played. The cool thing as well is the fact that Kahler sells replacement rollers in aluminum and steel to brighten up the sound and give it more sustain. They also sell a drop in fixed bridge if you decide that you want to go hard tail with this guitar. Pretty versatile in my book.The EMG pups are...well, they're EMG's . People either love them or hate them. I'm on the love side. They are great for high gain music and they are extremely quiet for recording. No buzz or hum when not playing. It's great because you don't have to turn the volume down on the guitar while waiting for your cue to begin playing. Battery life is good if you unplug when your'e done playing.The set up from the factory was alot better than I had expected for being a mail order guitar. It had no fret buzz even for being set up with extremely low action. I like my action low but not as low as it was from ESP. So, 2 minutes with the supplied hex wrench and I was off to the races. The guitar came from the factory tuned down a half step (Cause that's how most Slayer songs are tuned) and had some fairly crappy strings on it, but that didn't bother me since I always change strings right from the get go. So, a new set of Dunlop 10's and a standard tune and it was perfect. I've owned this guitar for almost a year now and waited this long to give a review on purpose. I wanted the honeymoon period or buyers remorse to subside before writing the review. I can assure you, there was no remorse involved. For a $1k guitar, the features and quality are superb. The fact that it is assembled in Korea means nothing here. Whoever ESP has manufacturing this LTD line, takes pride in their work and it shows. There wasn't a single flaw anywhere on the guitar. Unlike my Gibson LP standard which had many. I've recorded two full length albums using only this guitar and I constantly get compliments on the tone. When I tell folks I'm playing a Korean guitar and not a LP, the quickly soil themselves in disbelief. I'm positive there are some poor quality guitars coming out of Korea, but ESP has chosen a good supplier for the LTD line for sure.

"esp ltd jh600" submitted November 4, 2012

By Bertrand W in Fort Wayne, IN
Musical Background: 20+ years, guitar, amateur
Music Style: Metal, 80's rock, folk
Sound: The sound of this instrument is bright and full range as you would expect from an alder through neck maple with ebony fretboard. It is good as a high gain instrument, I usually turn down the resonance on my peavey 6505+ compared to my mahogany guitars. It functions good as a clean jazz guitar or metal guitar. Favorite thing is the kahler so far, had heard some things about problems with them staying in tune. This has proven to be false. They stay in tune perfectly and I can only assume that some floyd rose dealers are behind this rumour, or possibly this is referring to some of the older kahlers in the early 90's that had some problems with them. I believe the problems were fixed, but regardless I will vouch for mine. Feature: The best feature to me is the kahler hybrid vibrato system. It is awesome to be able to lock it when you want, not least of all for changing strings. It is easy to change strings and you dont have to remove the end pieces on them like you do for a floyd. It is very adjustable for each individual strings height and spacing, the bar can either swing or lock. It stays in tune at least as good as my schaller original floyd roses and has a smoother feel though it's range. The though maple neck is a little thicher than a wizard neck but not by much, which I am fine with. Guitar is a bit thick and heavy, though not a les-paul by any means. I am a fan of EMG's, I both like their tone and with my setup they are a necessity as they get rid of a bit of hiss I get from passive pickups on my Peavey 6505+. Believe me I have tried everything and the EMG's to me are the best and only solution. Ease of Use: The guitar is very easy to use, pretty basic set up including the kahler. Works fine with either 9's or 10's. I have mine set to E standard but have put it in E flat also. Full range instrument with good clarity and attack. Harmonics are easy and I am able to get a very good action with little to no buzz. Like the feel of the ebonay fretboard. You could put really heavy strings on it if you would want but I already have a baritone as well as a droptune and do most of my playing in E standard anyway. Quality: Quality is very good. More a functional than a looks guitar, though the fretboard inlays are nice. I would have been fine with none, especially with the ebony fretboard I think this would have looked even better. Value: I got mine at a discount but I think the normal price is fair. When I first looked at these they were 1300, then they dropped down to 900 and are running at 1000 now. I think it is possibly my best overall guitar with the possible excpetion of my yamaha pacifica 1221 which I put emg coil tapping pickups and an original floyd rose on. Manufacturer Support: So far have had good support with zZounds and kahler. I hadnt ever played on a kahler before so I was a bit hesitant about that. Mine was blemished, turned out someone had switched the rollers on the low e string so that the string would pop out. This was easily fixed, I would have been able to reurn it and had also personally talked with a technical representative of the kahler company. To me esp ltd guitars are the best value and quality available and I own three electric esp ltd's. I think this fact alone speaks for how I like esp ltd's. The Wow Factor: It is a black guitar with a black fretboard with the emg's and kahler and somewhat interesting fret inlays and a bound neck. For me this is a good looking guitar but it is definitely not flashy. What it is is a good playing guitar with all of what you need and no unnecessary frills. The only major change I could think of would possibly be a maple top like the esp m1000 but I dont think it needs it and it would almost be too bright especially with the alder sides and ebony fretboard. Overall: Awesome all around guitar

"ESP LTD JH600" submitted October 18, 2012

By Bertrand W in Fort Wayne, IN
Musical Background: 20 years, metal and folk and some things in between
Overall: Very nice guitar. Has a brighter tone than my esp ltd mh400nt. The kahler is nice, no problems with tuning despite what DMometal on you tube would have you believe. Yes you can do flutters, yes it stays in tune if a string breaks, yes you can lock it, yes it is a constant tension in it's whole range of motion unlike a floyd. Looks somewhat plain Jane, which is fine with me. Got mine blemished, only had to change out two rollers on the kahler, they had a smaller one radius one on the low E string, noticed this immediately and easy fix. I am actually going to keep it in E standard as I have another beater in E flat as well as a droptune. Surprised me how good it sounds clean, and it is of course good as a high gain instrument. Problably the best clean sounding of all my guitars. The Kahler is very easy to use compared to a floyd and I am now a kahler fan, wish I could have played on some kahlers before I brough it but I decided to take the plunge and really put it through it's paces before deciding to keep it. Overall it is now my favorite over my esp ltd mh400nt and my customized yamaha pacifica 1221 with emg's.

"Killer guitar! Buy One or at least try one before you buy anything! Amazing feel and incredible tone!" submitted February 6, 2010

Music Style: Electric Rock, metal - Acoustic folk style music
Sound: For the metal stuff I like to play you just can't go wrong with these pickups! BTW no middle annoying get in your way pickup! Feature: For the price you get all kinds of cool stuff. Tuners are good, body through neck, trem is good (or is as good as any I've used). Trem feels different than the Floyd Rose I have on my other axe in a good way. Prefer switch that this has over the slider on my other guitars. Neck feels incredible. Picked up 30 other guitars at the two major retailers I went to and I knew as soon as I picked up this guitar and strummed it a few times this was the one I was gonna get! Ease of Use: As I said above, the action on this thing is incredible. Before it even got adjusted it played incredible, after proper adjustment it was the perfect guitar for me. Quality: I think the guitar is built really well. I like the thicker neck at the head. Little details like this I think are what make up the character of the guitar. The white binding at the top of the neck that runs full length is another nice feature that adds to the overall quality. The form and fit of this guitar is flat out sexy... Value: Well I picked up and played other guitars that were more expensive and I thought this guitar played as well as any of them and preferred it to all of them. I honestly didn't play any other guitar at any price I preferred more. The guitar feels great and it looks great. Of course I have the model with the slayer eagles inlaid. I don't think the newer model without them looks as good, but without a doubt it's still a sweet axe. One of the things that I really like is the fact that it already has the EMG pickups I wanted. So I saved having to go and buy them, then dropping off my guitar and waiting for someone else to work on it. I hate dropping the guitar off for adjustment bad enough as it is. It also already has the floyd rose locking nut which is the one I'd put on it if it didn't already come on it...so that's more value. The only thing I might change out is the trem. I think I might go with a more expensive kahler model in hopes to find one that will stay in tune better when used. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to use the support but from what I ready while researching the guitar for the few days between when I played it and when I bought it I didn't read anything negative that I can remember. The Wow Factor: This guitar is sexy. I like the extra little cut out on the bottom of the guitar face and the sweet black finish. The eagle inlays are cool, the all black hardware really set it off. All around from every angle it just has that super gloss black finish with smooth edges and sweet lines. Overall: Overall I would have to say I do not feel the need to buy any other guitars. This one is everything I wanted in a metal guitar. I won't be buying another guitar. The real question I've been trying to decide is do I sell my other two electrics since I just can't imagine playing them now. They just don't compare, so why bother right? If you can afford this guitar I suggest you at least pick one up. If you don't have the money to get this model I suggest saving up a bit longer and going to this class of guitar. There is a major difference between 3, 4, and $500 guitars and $9, 10 and $1,100 guitars. I know that sounds obvious but after playing two $500 guitars for over 10 years and then getting this one I just gotta think of how much more I would have played if I'd just traded those two in on something like this way back then!

"ESP LTD JH600" submitted January 5, 2014

By Anthony D in Fallon , NV
Overall
Musical Background: Just starting out.
Overall: This was my first guitar ordered by my wife for Christmas. She ordered it and a case and they shipped the guitar in the case so it was protected. We received the guitar in excellent condition. Last time I ordered a guitar through a different company it came damaged. Recommend if your buying a guitar order with a case. All that being said the guitar arrived with a beautiful black finish that goes all the way up the neck. I'm just learning to play so I dont know alot about guitars but I can tell you this sounds awesome clean and has sustained for days. I really like the rosewood fretboard and mother of pearl dagger inlays.

"Perfect!" submitted December 7, 2012

By Fred K in Norfolk, VA
Musical Background: 1 year jam at home
Music Style: Metal
Overall: This axe is a guitarist's dream come true! Have had it for about 3 days now and just love it! The neck is so comfortable and fast. The Kahler is a little involved in setting up but is awesome. The Emg pups are known for their legendary tone and do not disappoint. Hardly any amp buzz with these babies! The overall craftsmanship is first class all the way. Zzounds, with your pay as you play plan you guys made it possible for me to get my dream axe! I thank you from the bottom of my guitarist soul! If you are looking for ALOT of guitar for a great price, look no further. I promise you won't regret getting this axe.

"BUY THIS NOW!!!!" submitted November 28, 2012

By Dan A in Cleveland, OH
Overall
Musical Background: iv'e been playing music for 20 years..I play guitar..not in any bands but play at home,jam with friends and jam with my CD's..
Music Style: Thrash Metal,Death Metal
Sound: the sound is amazing,EMG pickups c'mon...playing with no amp you can tell the wood is definitely mahogany,you can hear the great tone while playing with or without an amp..like i said the sound is awesome i would not change ANYTHING about it..my amp is a marshall JCM 2000 with two 4x12 cabs..there's no way it can sound better. Feature: i like every feature about this guitar..the selection of components are great..the tuners are great everything is great. Ease of Use: its a guitar,plug it in and fly.. Quality: product is made well..yea its made in korea the parts are american then it is inspected in america so there is no wrong here..do not be discouraged by the "made in korea". Value: it is worth every penny i would buy a new one if it were lost and with zZounds payment plan,you'd be a fool not to buy this.. Manufacturer Support: never had to call ESP.. The Wow Factor: the WOW factor is off the scale,it is very appealing..i have other guitars but in a jam session or recording i use this guitar. buy this you'll be happy you did and make sure about the hardshell case because you want to protect your investment. Overall: i own this baby,had it for over 2 years and it is just simply awesome..i play it everyday i even tune the strings down a half step like on earlier slayer albums.if it were lost/damaged i would replace it..don't forget to buy the esp case cause this is a good investment in your arsenal.

"JH-600" submitted March 12, 2012

By Michael P in Portland, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for ten years . I play Ibanez and ESP Guitars.
Music Style: Metal !
Sound: The sound is perfect . Sustain last for ever . Feature: Everthing is just the way i like it. Ease of Use: You can really fly on this fret board . Quality: It is made very well . I know this guitar will last me a very long time. Value: Well worth the money . Manufacturer Support: The only complaint that i have is that it does'nt come with a case. For the money i paid it should come with one. So i orderd a case. Zzounds said it was on back order until March 8th. Then i was told after i called on the 8th that is now on back order until the end of March. Not happy about that. The Wow Factor: This guitar is the best playing guitar . I think it plays better than alot of the higher end guitars out there. Wow is all i can say about this guitar . Its perfect . Overall: Best Guitar i have ever owned ! Perfect for any metal guitar player .

"beautiful guitar" submitted November 19, 2007

Music Style: rock,metal,classical,blues
Sound: 2 active emg pickups. they sound awesome Feature: mmmm. the guitar is 24 frets has a floyd rose better than a kahler bridge in my opinion. ebony neck feels like pure silk on the fingers Ease of Use: plug it in and it kicks ass unless you have a crappy amp. some beginners may have problems changing strings since is a floyd rose also tuning is kind of a pain in the ass since you have to unlock the nut and adjust tuning from string to string and sometimes you adjust one and other one goes out of tune but after is tune up is perfect because floyd wont let it go out of tune.and you can do all the crazy dive bombs and stuff you want Quality: this product quality is great. it was perfect out of the box Value: i was going to buy an alexi laiho signature guitar.but thank god i got this it ost 949 hundred dollars less than the alexi laiho guitar it has 2 pickups it has an ebony neck most guitars dont have ebony they have some kind of rosewood Manufacturer Support: cant say anything about support never hard problems with my guitar The Wow Factor: this thing looks bad ass the head of the guitar the shape the floyd rose everything about it is perfect Overall: i love this guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 16XR-XHXS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976