When you call, mention priority code 14QL-C4W1
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone 1964 Texan

No ordinary dreadnought, the Epiphone Texan is the acoustic guitar of choice for some of the world's top songwriters -- including Paul McCartney, circa 1964.

Overall

"A real DREAM MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted February 1, 2014

By BOB LECH in LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Coming back after 20 years so average playing at this time
Music Style: country, blues, Christian
Overall: FedX delivered this 3 days after I did the on line ordering. The outer box had just a slight tear. Inside was the heavy cardboard box. Zzounds!!!!! This one lacked a bit of padding on the head stock but made the trip with no scratches. I opened it and it was ice cold so I left it sit for a few hours. I hit a few strings and was very happy with the sound. I thought two strings sounded a but dull so I got my tuner out,loosened all the strings and started with the 3rd one down. After tuning all the strings I went over them. I played a few short songs and was very,very impressed. I like the shape of the Humming bird Pro but this sounds better for a slight change in the body design. Don't get me wrong as I am not a professional but as a ham radio operator I have gear that can measure the sound and this Epiphone Inspired by 1964 Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar rings out on top looking at the scope. I never used a pickup like this guitar has but when I hooked up to the amp I played a JD song and my neighbor later told me he just loved the sound of the guitar. When I hammer the strings hard the amp spits out the sound to the speaker and then the string still vibrating picks up what it gets from the speaker and it creates sort of harmonic and sounds really great. I don't know how much John Larson paid for his guitar but with my MIC and $250.00 sound system I can make this $400.00 guitar sound like his that I hear on U tube. Just a tip that I do on all my guitars is I put a dab of Olive oil on the nut when tuning and that keeps the strings bind free. If I could only have one and only one guitar this would be the one. Another plus for me since I play down and no higher then the 5th fret,the nut is wider. Support is fantastic and E mail and calls are always answered and the return policy is just uneal. Some person stated that Zzounds charged a fee for each month and I checked with my bank and they confirmed it is not true. Zzounds is getting more and more people to play as they pay and I guess the business Competition does not like it so they start posting lies about a Company that is helping people get back into playing. Zzounds ROCKS!!!!!!!! BOB Wilderness Elite SAR & Instruction. Wilderness Survival skills & Swift water,Severe Weather Pet Rescue www.angelfire.com/nj4/rescue/ (609)-638-1629)

When you call, mention priority code 14QL-C4W1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976