When you call, mention priority code 160C-6BTH

Rating and Reviews: Ebtech HE2 Hum Eliminator

Prevent ground loops and unwanted noise with this Ebtech hum eliminator. Just install the 2-channel device in an audio path for pure, clean sound.

"It works. My rig is silent now." submitted July 6, 2012

By Peter A in Marietta, GA
Overall
Sound: I cannot detect any difference or degradation of tone with the HE2 inline in my effects loop. Totally transparent. Ease of Use: Never plug your guitar straight into the HE2. It is a 1:1 isolation transformer and it will interact in a negative fashion with your guitar's pickups. It is designed to be placed after a buffered pedal output. Quality: The enclosure is extremely sturdy metal and I expect it to last the rest of my natural life. Value: Some say these are pricey but to me they are priceless. It's the best money I have spent on my guitar rig in quite some time. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact support. The Wow Factor: Wow! The hum is gone! Overall: This device does exactly what it advertises. The hum in my rig is totally eliminated. I placed it at the end of my effects loop chain. Input leads from the last pedal - output to my amp's effects return jack. Hum gone.

"GREAT product, but do some research" submitted April 15, 2012

By Dave M
Musical Background: Guitarist/Composer
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Metal, Ambient
Overall: Bought this in hope of removing some very distracting hum from my guitar rig. When I first tried it, I had absolutely no success so I placed it in a drawer for about six months. Just a couple of days ago I decided to give it ONE more try before selling. As suggested below, I did some research to find out exactly where to place it within the signal chain (for me it was my amp's effects loop). Once I did that, it worked like a charm...the hum is now comletely gone. It's VERY important to pay attention to the direction of signal flow when configuring it.

"Hum In, Hum Gone!" submitted January 14, 2004

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Pop/Electronic
Quality: Sturdy and strong. Value: Does excactly what it is advertised for - eliminate ground loop hums. The Wow Factor: If there is a hum that needs be removed, I will simply go and get one. Overall: If you have a hum in your setup, and you insert this little device in the wrong place, it will not remove the hum. Too bad. I have determined that my mpx200 caused the hum. When switched off, the hum disappeared. When I first installed it between the output of my mpx200 and mixer, it did not do anything. I eventually figured, when placed onto the input of the mpx200, that the hum completely disappeared. What can I say about the bad reviews on this fine little product? That those people applied it in the wrong spot, and DID NOT USE IT WHAT IS WAS MEANT FOR! How stupid can that be?

"ATTENTION ALL YAMAHA MOTIF ES USERS!!!!!" submitted September 26, 2005

Musical Background: Film Composer
Music Style: anything and everything.
Sound: I suspect there may be a few people visiting here that have a Yamaha MotifES keyboard. Probably because it's causing a hum. Well, here is where your frustration ends. Buy this with ease of mind knowing that it WILL work! Totally gets rid of the hum and doesn't add any other noise or degrade the sound in any way. AWESOME!!!!! Feature: it's pretty basic. Quality: Solid, VERY solid! Value: Without this my $3,000 keyboard would be unusable for recording. Manufacturer Support: Never having to call them is the best support! The Wow Factor: Not very "sexy" unless you have some weird fetish about hum eliminators! Overall: TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

"Works like a charm." submitted May 6, 2008

Musical Background: Up and coming producer
Music Style: All
Sound: I also had buzzing with a Motif ES. I bought this and now the sound is crystal clear and buzz free. Awesome! Feature: Simple and sweet. Ease of Use: Don't even have to plug it in. Quality: Solid, and has nice rubber feet on it. Value: A bit spendy, but worth every penny since it solved my recording problem.

Ebtech HE2 Hum Eliminator Customer Review submitted November 17, 2009

Music Style: Rock and Pop
Sound: When I tried it with my guitar rig, I couldn't get it to remove any hum whatsoever anywhere in the audio chain. When I put the Hum Eliminator after my guitar or overdrive pedal (with instrument level signals), I got the most obnoxious hum you've ever heard. This was the opposite of what I expected to hear! I also tried it between the line level output of my multi-FX pedal and the audio interface of my computer, and it didn't do a thing to improve the sound. It just sounded the same. From what I can tell, it's easy to screw up your signal with this device if you apply it in the wrong place. I did not experience it working, so I'm not going to give it a number rating for sound. Feature: Unable to comment, due to it not working for my application. Ease of Use: Beware! The Hum Eliminator is NOT helpful with hum and buzz in a guitar rig. From what I can tell in the online, single-page PDF documentation, the most common application for this unit is to remove hum from a line level signal like a keyboard or CD player when there's a ground loop. You'd think from the product description that it would be great for all sorts of applications, but that wasn't my experience. Although the device is as simple as it gets, I'm rating it low for "ease of use" due to the confusion I experienced in the application of it. More specific applications should be documented on the product pages where it is sold and in the documentation. There's very little information that comes with the product itself. Quality: The solid seems solid, but I can't say more much than that. Manufacturer Support: I emailed customer support, and I didn't hear back within 24 hours. The Hum Eliminator is a simple device and I've tried every configuration, so I'm fairly certain it's just not meant for the guitar rig application. I have already sent the unit back to the dealer. Zzounds was great about accepting the return. Overall: I'm posting this review so you don't make the same mistake and waste everyone's time shipping it back and forth.

"Problem-solving at its Best!" submitted January 5, 2005

By a customer from siemens.com
Musical Background: Audio and lighting technician, recording engineer
Music Style: Easy listening, instrumental, light vocal, rock, jazz, and new-age/synthesized.
Sound: I have a pro-audio, audiophile sound system that consists of 22 components. Last year I built a digital recording studio. Over he holidays I attempted to join the two systems and that's where the problems began. In short, and the details are much lengthier, this little box completely zapped the 60-cycle hum generated through the antenna this connection created. If it hadn't, I'd have been forced to dismantle a whole lot of gear, as well as operate the studio off of my spike protection and UPS power distribution system, as one of the 'partial' solutions was to put the whole system on one power supply. I ran my signals to the recording software/sequencer and compared them with/without the box; it made no noticeable impact. I might put test signals through an oscilloscope just to play but have not done so yet. I'm in a studio environment and it has absolutely done the trick. Their instructions highly suggest that one go through the process of taking apart a rack of gear to search for the culprit. In my case, I already knew I had two, separately-stable systems, the problem occurring ONLY when I joined them, so it seemed likely that if I inserted their box into that line, it would kill the hum. And it did. Feature: There are no accessories. You don't even need a supply for this little passive device. I suggest though, that if you are going to be running into applications where you'be using this device in-line with RCA/phono terminals, that while you are shopping for this thing, arm yourself with an array of conversion adaptors. My current 'kit' consists of 4 each male TS to phono female RCA, straight-through, and another set of right-angled. I have my box sitting jack-side up as to keep my cables essentially running straight. Mail me and I'll send you a photo. See 'Ease-of-Use' Quality: Black, heavy steel box, heavily painted and well-labeled. Being a Product Engineering Technician myself, I have to take things apart and look at them. It looks very neat and tidy inside. Don't drop it on your toe, but this thing should hold up well on the road tour circuit! Ebtech could have skimped here but they didn't. Value: Online price wasn't but $3.88 more than what I got it for here in the Atlanta, georgia, USA area. For what I needed done and what I paid, it saved me a LOT of work. Easily worth what I paid and more. Another online seller was asking $80. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with Ebtech yet, but I will be shortly to offer my suggestion. It comes with a 2-year warranty if that tells you anything. The Wow Factor: "Sex appeal"?? What? It's a magic black box. I don't need everything I buy to be 'sexy'. Find sex appeal elsewhere. Overall: It's a passive device, has essentially no moving parts other than the wiping action of the connectors when inserting plugs. From a design standpoint, I expect to see it working well after I am long in the ground.

"Hum be little hum be big it'll get that hum clean out of your Gig." submitted January 28, 2005

Musical Background: KJ
Music Style: We play all kinds at our shows.
Sound: We had a horrid loud HUM in one venue, only when we used our crossover through the 100' snake. If I bypassed the crossover the hum went away. The crossover and all other equipment had balanced imputs and balanced cables to them but we still had the HUM. I purchased the Ebtech 2 channel Hum Eliminator after reading about what it could do and hooked it into the system and NO HUM!!! WOW!!! It was amazing, I read it didn't work on all hum problems, but it sure took care of the one I had. Feature: It is small and packs easy. Quality: Looks like it is built well. Value: Inexspensive!! and does the job. Manufacturer Support: haven't had a problem, but I don't expect to have trouble with support. The Wow Factor: If it was a woman I would want her. Overall: A Long Long Long time

When you call, mention priority code 160C-6BTH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976