When you call, mention priority code 160B-RZ18

Rating and Reviews: DigiTech Vocalist Live 4

The DigiTech Vocalist Live 4 automatically generates live multi-part vocal harmony by analyzing guitar chord progressions.

"Great product with only minor faults." submitted October 10, 2007

Musical Background: musician/hobbyist since age 9
Music Style: pop
Sound: This product has made my voice sound much better. The harmonies are convincing as long as you mix them at a slightly lower level than the lead vocal. And you have to sing strong into the mic. what i like best are the vocal effects: reverb, delay, EQ and compression. the compressor works really well and brings out your voice, the EQ clears up your voice, the reverb sounds great. I can't change the parameters of the delay to get the delay i want with some songs. You can't slow down the delay enough to even get quarter notes on some songs. As a vocal doubler, it works well though. I've also plugged this into my keyboard, and it works almost as well as with the guitar. So if you're a keyboardist, i'd say you should feel fine about buying this product. The guitar effects include reverb and chorus, and they work very well in improving the guitar sound. I plug my acoustic guitar into a compressor first, and then into the VL4. This allows me to get a stronger guitar signal into the VL4, and a strong signal is important for accurate harmonies. Feature: i talked about this above. there is a feature in which you can change the vocal tone, making it deeper or higher pitched, or add some vibrato, etc. it doesn't sound realistic and so i don't use those features, but it could be fun nevertheless. There is one setting that makes your voice sound like Elvis--deep and with that vibrato elvis sometimes uses. The other feauture which i don't particularly care for is the pitch correction. When you use it, your original voice is still heard, along with the pitch corrected voice, so it's as if your voice is being doubled.....and it sounds wavy. Ease of Use: Very easy and the instruction manual is logical. Quality: It's very light. I think if it were to be dropped, it might break. Don't drop it and you'll be fine. Value: i got it for a good deal because it was mistakenly advertised for 399. but most places have it for 499. that's not exactly cheap. Manufacturer Support: i can't say. haven't needed to call them. but from what i have read on one thread on another website, they respond to emails promptly. The Wow Factor: the harmonies you can create on the fly make this appealing. it's unique in that aspect. Now i can do "More Than Words" by Extreme, with both vocal parts, all by myself :) Overall: i won't replace this. even without the hamorny feature, it makes my voice 10 times cleaner and better. What i like best are the reverb, compression, harmonies and EQ for lead vocal. What i like least is the pitch correction.
98 of 104 people (94.23%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Soaring Harmonies for most Applications" submitted December 29, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Musician, Producer, Composer
Music Style: Bluegrass, Classic Rock, Irish, Folk, Blues
Sound: I used this product in the studio. Works very well most of the time with strong vocalists. The harmonies need to be mixed in the background as they will sound robotic at times. Especially robotic at times with softer singers. Perhaps I needed to try more compression on the lead vocal. On most applications however the 3rd above setting was startlingly realistic. Worth the money just for this, esp considering the incredible ease of use. Seemed to sound even better when I heard the unit in a live setting. Feature: The way this unit tracks guitar chords is amazing. Ease of Use: Incredibly easy to use and set up. A friend of mine owns the unit and gave me a 5 minute verbal tutorial and that's all I needed. Quality: Seemed to be reasonably well made. Manufacturer Support: Not applicable. Brand new unit
39 of 42 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very happy with this product." submitted February 14, 2011

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Christian,Country,Folk
Sound: The Vocalist Live is great, I programed my own sound, and it seems to work well inside or out!, and I really never have to mess with it. I set it pretty quickly too. I haven't really played around with the other sounds too much, But it allows me to have my vocals clean, clear and I choose the amount of re verb, etc. I like it very much! Feature: Some of the harmony's have little chipmunks o& dwarfs singing in the back ground, but it does have a dial on it were you can lower the effects, to whatever level you want.. Its funny, but the machine is no joke, this unit and can make your sound much clearer and a lot more professional. I don't really need most of the settings. I wish it had guitar effects. Ease of Use: Pretty easy! Need a few cords though. Value: Compared to Tc-Helicon, I think I got the better deal. Manufacturer Support: No, haven't had to deal with Digitech. The Wow Factor: I like that it just looks like a guitar pedal! Nobody knows the difference. Overall: This is all I need, no need to spend more money

"Back ground vocals that do it your way." submitted December 26, 2010

Musical Background: Singer song writer
Music Style: rock and blues
Sound: I had the Vocalist live 2 for about 4 years and loved it. These pedals are not magic. They will make you make your voice better buy working with them. They are great live if you are a one man band like me. Feature: This probably has two many different voices. I have spent a lot time working on which ones I prefer to use in a live setting. I love that it has a built in EQ. That has helped my recordings. Ease of Use: You can use this thing right out of the box if you hook it up right. From there it is just a matter of what sound you are looking. Quality: I had the 2 for about four years with no problems. I have other Digitech products that have been problem free, in the studio and live. Value: I would not pay the going retail price for this item. Most retailers have it marked down a couple hundred bucks and that would be a fair price for what this product does for me. Manufacturer Support: No issues. The Wow Factor: Forget the sex appeal. This thing is on my floor and I step on it all the time. It does give me the sound I am looking for. Overall: So far I love this pedal. I think it is just a matter of time for me to get used to it, but I wish they would have put the Harmony pedal all the way to the left or all the way to the right instead of in the middle. So far I have stepped on the wrong pedal several times while playing.

"A great partner for a solo act." submitted February 18, 2009

Music Style: Rock and Country
Sound: I sing solo so using the "35 Radio" really makes me sound pretty good and enhances my voice. Best electronic device for what I play and the venues. When the next generation of Volcaist Harmonizer comes out, I'll prubaly upgrade and buy it! Feature: No accesories. Ease of Use: MusIque is great feature, quick and easy. Quality: Yes very sturdy shell. Value: Great product for the price, it really works well and as intended.

"See paragraph one(1)" submitted January 25, 2011

Music Style: country/ Bluegrass
Sound: I prefer live vocal harmony but this is not always possible or feasable. The Digitech Live vocalist 4 is as close as I have found to the real deal under $1000.00. I hate playing solos and this keeps me from being alone. A lot more on it than I will use. I wish they included a protective case with it. With loading in and out I'm afraid to drop it. I have built a case for my Live 4. Zzounds is great people to do buisness with. Highly recommended and after a long price comparison came out on top! Feature: I wish it had an on-off or band break switch. I wish it had a heavier regular power chord with the wall wart built in. i wish it had a protective case. Quality: haven't had it long enough to tell. Overall: I'll keep it.

"Niiiiiiiice !!!" submitted January 17, 2011

Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: reproduces YOUR voice in harmonies...great reproduction and quality. clean and quality Feature: easy to hook up...easy to get working right away. Ease of Use: totally Quality: very well built Value: great sale price ...really good deal Manufacturer Support: don;t know...haven't needed to call The Wow Factor: awesome Overall: this is a great little piece of equipment especially if you are a solo performer or the only one in a band that sings. Its really cool and has lots of pre-sets, all sound great. But reme,mber kids, this is like any piece of equipment to augment your sound: think about a cowbell...too much is too much...and use it at the right time and in the right place and BAM!

"BUY IT!!! BUY IT!!! BUY IT!!!" submitted September 20, 2007

Overall
Music Style: A little bit of everything!!!!
Sound: Could not wish for a better sound.Finally the perfection for a solo artist not to have to pay for back up singers. Feature: Presets really make the tool so mush better than the LV-2.I have both. Ease of Use: Anyone can use the tool in no time.Interface with the guitar and PA is a breeze. Quality: No problems with any types quality problems. Value: ZZounds has the best price of this tool so far.They usually sell out of their supply as soon as it hits the shelf.SO ACT FAAST!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: Cannot react to support dur to not much time with the tool. The Wow Factor: This tool makes you want to sing even more than before. Overall: The only way they can improve on this tool is to make one for keyboards.In fact I am writing Digitech to ask about this after this review.

"Works as advertised with the usual Digitech high quality but..." submitted February 6, 2009

Music Style: Blues, Acoustic, Rock
Sound: This is a top notch product from Digitech and great for adding some nice effects to your live set whether in a band situation or in a solo / duo performer type situation. Also, good enough quality for basic home recording (demo) type work, but not really for serious recording. Obviously it has limitations, as all these types of devices do, and it will not make a bad singer sound good, but it will actually help a mediocre singer improve if they put the time in and coach themselves while using the pitch correction and harmonies. Effects (guitar and vocal) are O.K., reverb is not the best in my opinion (especially on the guitar). I've done some recording direct into my DAW and got good results and also played through it into my small PA. I have also monitored direct from the headphone out, it's good quality. Feature: Many features, sometimes too may (see 'ease of use'). Many useful 'outs' but no digital out. Also, no computer connection (e.g. USB interface) which I think for the money should be there. It would be so much easier if the user could edit and store programs from a computer. Ease of Use: I am very familiar with Digitech products and it is not difficult to use, but it could be much easier. The rotary controls used to adjust all the parameters are too sensitive. The display could have been designed better (e.g. with an EQ curve while adjusting the EQ) Also, if you are trying to edit a patch, you need to put it on a table or your knee, it would be nice to have USB and just do it from a computer. Come on Digitech, it's 500 bucks, get with the program. Your very own RP250 has USB programming and it is only 150 bucks! Quality: I have never had any problems with Digitech equipment and it seems well built for stage use (perhaps not with a punk band jumping all over the place) just treat it good and don't spill drinks on it. Value: This is the problem that I have with this unit. If you need one now you are paying the D&D 'new product' premium and I guess that is the way it goes. I think that it is over priced. I am sure that Digitech will end up adding a USB editing connection at some point in the future or the price will come down due to the competition. I see the TC Helicon Voice Live is now down from around $700 to $499. I have not used the voice live but have other Helicon products and believe that the Voice Live is worth a serious look. Manufacturer Support: Never needed Digitech support but I called them with a question about the VL4 before it actually hit the shelves and they were not very polite or helpful. The Wow Factor: Don't want it 'cos I have it. Overall: I plan to keep the VL4 for some time and if it is lost / stolen I would audition the Helicon Voice Live before buying another VL4.

"Looks the best. Will see when it comes out." submitted March 9, 2007

Music Style: Acoustic folk/rock`
Sound: The demo's that I have heard from the NAMM show, and on the Digitech website sound incredible. The ability to follow the key that you are playing on the guitar, make this thing a choir in a box. I am looking forward to trying it in person. Feature: Lots of great features, will replace my reverb for my acoustic guitar, and my tuner. I will be able to add harmonies to my solo sets without paying vocalists who want to hog the mic, and get paid. Ease of Use: Looks foolproof. Quality: If it is digitech, it should be good. We'll see. Value: Incredible. The TC Helion model is 800. They have one for 299, the Live 2, and this one is 399. Manufacturer Support: Digitech has been good to me on several previous items. They have a great website, and their manuals are much better than anything by Boss. The Wow Factor: I can't wait to try it.

"dont buy" submitted July 17, 2009

Musical Background: on the road since 73
Music Style: varied
Sound: Sounds good when it works but its glitchy. I have old vocalist workstation and it tracks perfectly. Ease of Use: Its easy to use but its not consistent enough. The tracking is awful. Quality: big and flimsy Manufacturer Support: no opinion Overall: nice idea ...poor exicution.

When you call, mention priority code 160B-RZ18. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976