When you call, mention priority code 15ZH-MTKN

Rating and Reviews: DigiTech GSP1101 Preamp

The DigiTech GSP1101 offers you DigiTech's finest modeling and effects in a single rack unit. With nearly countless possibilities, the GSP1101 rocks.

"It sounds better than Digitech. :)" submitted July 27, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Active, Recording, Musician, Amateur :)
Music Style: Metal
Sound: This is really great. I sold POD X3 and bought GSP 1101. Sound is more analog and more natural. And first of all: Fizz is still present on this Digitech but it sounds more like of real amp - it is dynamic and different for each model, unlike POD X3 which had fizz constant and identical for all amp models. Example: Recording two guitars and playing one in left channel, second in right. Recorded on POD they seam to meld with one common fizz. Recorded with GSP 1101 both are separate and easy to read. Feature: If it has SPDIF for digital monitoring and a simple metronome for practicing would be great. There are a lot of popular amp models but You can get even more on mustbebeta.com. Ease of Use: Very easy. Graphical display. There are some things that could made better but not many. Quality: Well made. One thing that is strange is that some ticks can be heard in speakers right after powered on. It goes off after few seconds and does not have any influence on sound later. Value: It's more expensive then POD X3 but it is a lot better. Manufacturer Support: Not needed yet, but fact of existance of mustbebeta.com is strange. The Wow Factor: Best device I have ever had in this price range. Overall: I had two Digitech products before (RP 80 and GNX2), and I was really disappointed - mainly by the sound. This one is completely different. Looks and sounds like not made by Digitech. :)

"good deal.. great sound." submitted July 12, 2014

Overall
Overall: preface. this in't my only preamp but its the best of them all. Im primarily a early blues guitarist and for that reason I need very little processing, however I enjoy recording Pink Floyd like tracks.. This preamp is ready for the task of creating a signal that is different and spot on to what I want. and then some.I didn't know of the reviews were glowing because the reviewer bought and they wanted to like it so reviews are skewed in favor of the product,k but in this case I believe they underplayed how good this product is. Back to the blues.. when I started "subtracting" parameters, it really added life to the signal just taking away a "pinch" here and a "pinch" there, the sound I end up with is a natural sounding guitar but its out front and center with absolutely no harshness and very tube like. I won't bore you with my set-up but surface it to say that as soon as I made the connections and hit a regular ole' E chord using the preset it was on I thought I was hearing things.. and I was.. a great big sound I didn't think my Jazzmaster was capable of. I just ordered a foot pedal which one of the reviewers suggested.. also I am happy the unit has knobs to turn and buttons to push.. not just digital read-outs... VERY happpy with the unit and as always, happy wit zZOUNDS

"WICKED!!!!!" submitted April 28, 2014

By Matt Thompson in Charleston, WV
Musical Background: Touring Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Metal, Thrash, Hard Rock
Overall: This thing is amazing!!! Im a recording nut and i ran this thing side by side with my 5150 and i honestly prefer the tone of this over the Peavey! In blind test and with the right tweaking/poweramp you wouldn't know this thing wasn't a tube amp! Definitely worth every penny. Effects are top notch as well, and as usual, Zzounds is THE best place to deal with anything music. Only reason Manufacturer Support is low is because i haven't had a need, so thats a good thing, but then again you dont know what they are like till you need them lol.

"Buy It NOW!" submitted February 13, 2011

Music Style: Metal
Sound: My experience with this product has been amazing. My rig is well lets just say less than desireable, and this tiny wonder specifically coupled with the impulse response cabs I got for it have made my sound something I'm not ashamed of Wouldn't trade it for anything. Feature: Again this thing rocks although unless you're gonna be using it for studio work I wouldn't bother getting it without the pedal. Ease of Use: I'm only giving this on a seven because there's a gap between when you first get it and a few weeks later when you finally get your sound where you want it. Even just tweaking the sound leaves you with multiple outlets such as an eq that only affects the distortion effect i.e. warmth presense mids treble yada, then you still gotta go back and set the eq on your amp model. Quality: I got a B - stock and it looks perfect. Value: You cannot get more bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: I'm sure its fine but I haven't needed any support. I suppose thats a tribute to its reliablilty. The Wow Factor: I heard another guitarist with one and was instantly sold. When your friends see what you can do with it they will be too! Overall: Haven't found anything I don't like about it yet.

"GET ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted February 13, 2012

By Matt Thompson in Charleston, WV
Musical Background: Recording Musician, Active/Touring Musician
Music Style: Heavy Metal, Thrash
Overall: This thing is KILLER!!!! I've been playing guitar going on 11 years now, and 9 of those have been with tube amps. I was a firm believer that once you played through a good tube amp (my first was my 5150 :) ) then you'll NEVER want to play on a ss amp ever again.....well i just at my words with this processor!!! I run it through my 5150 and let me tell you, you can get ANY sound in the world! its all in your fingers duders! Sure, the most of the factory presets wont be suitable to everyone, but they at least give you a starting point as to where you want "your" tone to come from. I cant really vouch for the quality or support as i just got it but it seems very sturdy and well made. Overall i am EXTREMELY happy i got this from zzounds and will continue to use this for the next 11 years i play!!! lol

""PUNCH" out of the box" submitted April 19, 2011

Music Style: Power Metal
Sound: I have to say, I'm amazed at the sounds I can get out of this thing. I can plug straight into it and run that to a recording board and listen back through a monitor......... it is NASTY! The recording sounds great. Feature: I love the presets that I can tweak to perfection. I wished it had an input level LED on it. Other than that, love it. Ease of Use: Easy to use. Quality: Appears to be made well, only had it for about a week though, so it hasn't been hauled everywhere yet. It is is a shockmount rack, so there should be no issues. Value: I would have to say that it is worth it in terms of what I've been able to get out of it so far. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to use support The Wow Factor: Looks nice in the rack. Overall: I'm always on a search for something better, but for now, this will do nicely. I've had a blast using it for recording.

"Came back to Digitech. Great box with one (odd) omission." submitted March 5, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Gigging Musician
Music Style: Rock, Alt, Surf Rock
Sound: My modeling career began with the old Johnson J-Station and the Digitech Genx desktop boxes in my studio. When it was time to play some gigs, I tried all kinds of kludges to mount the genx box inside a road rack along with wireless and power amp. Worked, sounded wonderful, but very non-roadworth. So I switched to Line6 only because they made this nice heavy-duty rack package. For all that time, I never felt as though the modeling was as good as with that little table-top digitech box. When I saw the GSP 1101 *RACK* unit, I thought I'd go back to digitech. I'm not one to use factory presets on anything so I spent quite a bit of time working on some tones. For a while, I was really not warming up to the 1101. I'm one who thinks that any of these modelers can do a good job at super clean or super overdriven tones. My world is in between these extremes for the most part and here is where modelers either make it or don't. I worked side by side with the Genx box and I was having some luck getting the same kind of feel, but not entirely. Then I moved into experimenting with some of the "digitech" models rather than the "simulation" models. Here I'm finding lots of love at last and most of my patches are based on these models. I'm also a bit of a guitar compressor snob and they really nailed the DynaComp and the CE. Very happy with these. The effects sound beautiful as well. Feature: I'd give it a 10 except for one very glaring omission (which others reviews have mentioned as well). Of all the parameters to NOT expose to the MIDI control mappings, they chose Delay TIME! I'm hoping and assuming this is a matter of a firmware update but who knows. Seems like a very strange miss to me. Other than that, the programming interface is great - either from front panel or the app. The IO is extremely flexible. I also wish it had an optional way to let some guitar sound through while using the tuner. It's nice to be able to hear and see when tuning. Not very many guitar boxes do this but I think it's important. Ease of Use: I'd give it a 10 if it actually loaded itself into the gig from my car. Quality: I bought a B-Stock, and it's perfect. Very nice quality rack, knobs and Jacks all around. Value: B-stock. perfect condition.

"Yes it's actually a Digitech product?" submitted October 7, 2009

Music Style: Mostly hard rock
Sound: First off I'd like to say I was REAL leary about buying Digitech cause I've never been impressed by them. After reading a gazillion reviews I'd thought I'd give them one LAST try since it's been a few years since the last one. I'm using this with a Carvin V3 tube amp so as you should know I want "MY" tube tone. Using the GSP 1101 pre amp in front of mine for more gain did fine but it did affect my tone which was unacceptable. It had a bit of a reverb sound to it like I was in a tunnel or something. I'd could see it killing in front of an pa amp or a solid state amp for this set up though. On the other hand just using it as an effects unit for a tube amp turned out to be top notch!!!! You won't find any better effects for under a $1000 . NO TONE change at all as advertised. AWSOME! This along with my BBE 482i Maximizer makes for a extremely versital and simple to use great sounding rig. I'm still not a fan of Digitech but if they keep up whith stuff like the GSP they might win me over after all. Oh yeah seamless preset changes. It's about time you figured that one out Digitech. Welcome to the real world of sound. Feature: I gave it a 10 here simply for what you get for the money. Like I said earlier you won't do any better for under $1000. You might find one that you like as well but it won't be any better and will certainly cost more. Ease of Use: If you've used multi-effects before you won't have to much problems. Doesn't take to long at all to get used to since you'll be fiddling with it so much when you get it. I got the manual out once for purposes of editing. If your new to these I'd say it's your best bet on learning to use one. It's that easy as far as multi-effects go. Quality: Seems to be rock solid I've only packed a fews times though. For 500 bones it's very well built though. Value: I would say this thing is actually as advertised. Although they forgot to metion it only leaves tone alone when used as soley an effects unit. If your scared of Digitech like me you can relax on this one it's actually the real deal. And for $500 man wow. Manufacturer Support: not needed here. The Wow Factor: Excellent piece of equipment if you like using effects to cover a very wide variety of tunes. Overall: For the quality of effects and all it's versitility you will not find anything better for under $1000. I'd used to stay FAR away from Digitech but now this unit is actually ahead of the rest in this price range. And here's what I find to be the strangest thing, it's Digitech. Congrads guys on this one I'm impressed.

"So So" submitted December 5, 2009

Musical Background: guitarist & composer
Music Style: instrumental , progressive , death , metal
Sound: sounds are too sharp, nice effects, reverbs and delays, Fine quality but digitech should focus to distortion & amp similators sounds, those havent soul, so digital Feature: havent spdif and mixer-out's are XLR that cant use 1/4 but usb connection is not bad Ease of Use: u can control all option by 2 keys, it good Quality: i have a problem with headphone output, when i power it on , have some clicking noise on my headphone, i checked my jacks and cables, the noise just apear for Few minutes on power-on?! somewhere i read thats a problems of DAC's Capacitor. Value: i bougth it 670 $, becuase in this country we cant have usa product, 500 $ is not bad for this Manufacturer Support: i cant use it, cuase im in the courty of a monkey \m/ ++++ the monkey \m/ The Wow Factor: i want it cause i have no choice Overall: not bad quality can make u forget the distortion

"digitech gsp 1101 rocks" submitted May 21, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician", "
Music Style: "CountryRock,Alternative
Sound: I have used allot of rack gear threw the years, I have had Roland gt 16 and many many more and every stomp box too, This Digitech 1101 is killer, best rack I have every had, The user programs it comes with suck, but once you start tweeking, oh my GOD!! iF YOU LIKE AMP SOUND, LOOK OUT, this thing is great.... effects are just killer and I started tweeking without even opening the book, so easy!!I highly reccomend this unit to anyone that knows there stuff about rack effects....
19 of 22 people (86.36%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Digitech dropped the ball by expecting their customers to be their QC department." submitted July 4, 2009

Overall
Sound: Didn't try it. I hear it sounds great. Quality: I didn't even test it out. I had it out of the box for 5 minutes and noticed how bad the build was on the one I received. Pressing the select knob pushes the LCD and other front panel buttons an 1/8 inch into the unit with each press. Very disappointed.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZH-MTKN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976