When you call, mention priority code 144R-P18Y

Rating and Reviews: DigiTech GNX3

Floor Guitar Effects Processor and 8-Track Recorder in one Unit.

Overall

"you havent played on the best until u have tryed this out!" submitted February 7, 2006

Musical Background: play in a rock band for 3 years
Music Style: Emo,Screamo ,Acoustic , hard rock, Speed metal
Sound: i found some of the most awesome effex i have ever heard...any effect you r looking for is defo included! so many posibilities! Feature: i like the recorder and the fact that u can download like almost any effect you are looking for. Quality: very nice...i think digi tech has come a far way with their pedals... i have at least 6 of them and i find this one to be the best one of all of them Value: quality at a good price. Manufacturer Support: they are always willing to help... even if ur a dumb ass and dont know what the thing is used for! The Wow Factor: it is awesome... i think it would be kooler if they would change up the colors alittle bit.... the silver and blue is ancient Overall: BUY THIS PRODUCT... YOU WILL NOT REGRET A THING!!!!!

"my inspiration" submitted October 7, 2003

Overall
Music Style: anything any instrument can play
Sound: i'd say this is definately the best sounding digitech floor effets pedal! Feature: great variety, could have some better "crunch's" though.But being able to put wah on everything works out for me :). i would say this is all around an incredable buy for the price,also you can start getting used to the pains in recording ;), but this machine is what taught me how to solo and format recordings so i would highly recomend it, put another way the digitech gnx3 is what inspired me to be a musician!!!!!..... no b.s. Quality: i have owned the digitech gnx3 for almost a year and i just got it repaired but thats becuase i have been playin live and its been QUITE RUFF on it,but either than that theres really no problems Value: you wont find anything of this quality for this price Manufacturer Support: 24/7 service , good stuff The Wow Factor: i have one, so that makes me want another one for my studio:) Overall: BEST DIGITECH HAS MADE YET !!!!

"It is a great piece of equipment for your guitar arsenal, the price and features are simply up beatable and I do not work for th" submitted October 19, 2007

Musical Background: Recording, Band, Music is in this man's blood
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash
Sound: The sound is absolutely wonderful. I play mostly heavy metal, however you could play any type of music with because of all of the amazing effects it has loaded in it. The recorder is a wonderful tool, however the drums could be better, if they added some fills and editing capability. I still give it a 10 because nothing else even comes close to this product, it simply blows them all out of the water without mentioning the excellent price. When I brought mine I sent &600.00 for it and I would easily do it again. This product is noise free, I love that, if you have regular pedals sell them and buy this. Feature: The memory card could be bigger, however nothing else has one, so I cannot really complain about that too much. I bought the extension foot switch for it also, I think it makes things simpler when recording and playback. Punch in and out is a wonderful feature, very easy to use and make a perfect recording as long as all of your chops are up. It you mess up, simply keep playing until the end of the song that you have created, then go back and punch in and out. Ease of Use: It is very easy to use, however a little lag when switching from pedal to pedal. Usually for me this is no problem because I created my settings and do not switch back in forth to much in the context of a song as much as I had in the past. I still give it a 10. Quality: The quality is absolutely great, it is a very strong piece of equipment, with a product like this, no worries. I only wish they still make rack mounted versions with a updated version of some of things I said earlier that could be better. I like a rack mount because I like everything organized and off of the floor with quick access to the knobs for adjustments instead of bending over, it simply makes more sense. Value: You simply cannot beat it at this price. If you are thinking about it, Stop! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to ever use the support for this product, however I have in the past, I also own a Valve Effects processor that had a problem. I sent it in, it was inexpensive and came back quickly and you speak with Americans who speak English. The Wow Factor: It is so easy to use a child could easily figure it out. Overall: It is a great piece of equipment for your guitar arsenal, the price and features are simply up beatable and I do not work for the company. www.myspace.com/godsholyjustice

"Its Great!!!" submitted November 14, 2004

Musical Background: Soon to be Active Musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: I have been able to create the sound that I have been looking for. It was relatively easy to create it after reading the manual twice. The amp and cabinet models sound really good and clean. I haven't yet tride all of the effects but the ones I use sound true to there stompbox models. I used to have a Digitech Whammy pedal and it broke and I was skeptical whether the GNX3's Whammy feature would hold up to its smaller brother. Well, needless to say, I was very impressed. It can do everything the Whammy pedal did plus tones more of corse. So, sound is great. Feature: What can I say. This thing is nothing but features. Quality: Seems to be pretty durable. Only time will tell though. Value: Compared to some of the other products out there, I think it is priced pretty good. But I gave it an 8 because everything is over priced anymore. Manufacturer Support: Can't say, haven't had any problems with it yet. The Wow Factor: Its a nice looking pedal, its features is where its "sex appeal" is really at though. Overall: It is definitely the best piece of equipment I have owned. I was totally blown away by the features and capabilities of this thing. I haven't even used the recorder yet (I have a Fostex MR8) but will be using it when I begin to write solos.

"Very cool" submitted July 30, 2003

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: rock, metal, blues
Sound: I actually own the f'n thing, so this review should be a bit different, eh? The sound is great. I would advise that when using it have the pick-ups turn all the way up on the guitar so that it "gets everything". Also, when recording, use the highest recording quality, even if it uses more memory (if you play with harmonics alot, you'll see what I mean) Feature: I give it a 10, but compared to what? Pick a feature and something else is marketed for that sole purpose. So it has a wah. Does it sound like a $100 wah? Yeah, pretty much. Dunno, but nothing else, w/ the exception of maybe boss, has something this comprehensive. Because this has everything, it is hard to say. It would be nice if it came with more memory. For good drums you really need to do it on a computer and then upload them, but there are still many options already built in (+ a metronome) Quality: It is a strong peice of metal. The feets are plastic, so I don't know about long term durability, but just don't stomp on it. The plastic is hard, yet compact, so I can't imagine it breaking without effort. Value: What can I say? Manufacturer Support: My 9 is arbitrary. I haven't needed support yet. However, the website is loaded with FAQs, downloads, manuals..... The Wow Factor: very nice. prettier than a bunch of petals. Overall: This is the next best thing to playing with head, cabinet, and rack, and it isn't too far away. I play it through a marshall with 50W 2x12" and it is scary loud and crisp. My only complaint now is that I wish the petal could be seperate from the settings. For instance, if I want wah I have to have it on wah, I can't have it on "santana" and use the petal to wah. Instead I would have to program it. I gues the only work-around for that would be another petal. Buy it is you want it.

"Excellent product with a couple of flaws." submitted September 8, 2005

By a customer from earthlink.net
Musical Background: Hobbbyist with 10 years experience
Music Style: FFolk, rock, blues
Sound: The sound quality is very good overall. I give it a seven because of the following annoyances: (1) The Whammy can't handle chords (2) The Pitch Shift function generates a lot of noise when pitch is changed using the expression pedal (3) The $79 DigiTech RP80 has the same features, AND THEY WORK FINE (4) I sent my GNX3 back to DigiTech, and they said it was "working as designed" (5) Whammy/pitch shift is one of my favorite features, so it sucks that the RP80 does it better than the GNX3, (6) I gave my RP80 away affter buying the GNX, which was (I now realize) a dumb thing to do. Feature: You'll never need another effects pedal. Unless you want decent pitch shifting. Quality: 10 for physical engineering, 6 for software engineering (mainly because of the pitch shift issues). It's metal, heavy, you could probably run over it with your car and still use it afterwards. Two issues: (1) The front of the unit tends to come off the floor when I get the expression pedal to the extreme toe position (2) The front-panel graphics are painted on with some cheesy paint that flakes off very easily. Leave the plastic cover sheets on if you value the unit's cosmetics. Value: For a street price of $299, it's hard to beat this for general effects processing. Manufacturer Support: They were very responsive about the pitch shift issue, but utterly unhelpful. I suspect if I had a problem they could actually fix, they'd be a lot better. I had the impression I was talking to people who actually used the unit and knew what they were talking about. The Wow Factor: Looks cool. Overall: I might get a Boss RC-20 for more-flexible sampling, and I might get an Electro-Harmonix POG for decent pitch shifting, but I'll probably hold onto the GNX forever.

"Savage" submitted May 7, 2003

By a customer from dell.com
Music Style: Death Metal
Sound: Sound is perfect. Even though I'll probably never use half of them, they're still awesome. I can't believe the difference I'm getting between this and my old Zoom 707 Feature: Would have been handy to have a SmartMedia card included, even if it was only a 64Mb one. Quality: In some of the pictures it looks like it's made of plastic but this thing is metal in more ways than one :-). Nothing fell off or wasn't there, all I had to do was plug and play Value: I paid $500 for this and even though it's now $100 cheaper on the site that I bought it from, I'd easily pay $500 again for it. It's easily becoming my most valued piece of equipment. Manufacturer Support: Had a problem with the adapter (I ordered from US so it arrived with the US one) so I left a message for Digitech and received an automated reply which didn't really help me out but hey it's better than no reply at all which I've had from some companies. The Wow Factor: I couldn't believe it but I actually found myself talking to it when I took it out of the box for the second time. That's gotta tell you something. Overall: I was choosing between this, a GT6 or getting a new guitar and sticking with the old Zoom 707. I made the right decision, a friend of mine got a GT6 and after playing both, I definitely prefer the GNX3.

"Savage" submitted May 7, 2003

By a customer from dell.com
Music Style: Death Metal

When you call, mention priority code 144R-P18Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976