When you call, mention priority code 16K1-7ST5
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Rockman Bass Ace

Want to practice playing the bass more often? The Bass Ace headphone amplifier lets you hear yourself play without disturbing anyone else in the house.

"Low quality yields bad sound." submitted February 24, 2006

By a customer from alumni.calpoly.edu
Overall
Music Style: not necessarily stoned, but beautiful
Sound: It is very difficult to get clean sound from this amp. I have been unable to get flat response. Any treble adjust causes hissing. Feature: This amp is low quality. I am an electronics engineer, so naturally, I disassembled it to see if I could coax better sound out. I found that the components are low quality and low tech. The unit contains many cold solder joints. The pots are low quality and consequently very noisy. Ease of Use: The amp is quite large for what it is. I don't see any reason that it should be larger than an iPod. Quality: The headphones are useless. There is no strain relief on the wires, so many individual wire strands are pre-broken for you. The flux residue was not properly cleaned after soldering, so there is corrosion of the copper wire. Overall: I am already searching for something better. It seems that I will have to design something myself.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"If you own a mini system with input jack you will get a better sound" submitted April 8, 2006

By a customer from AOL.COM
Musical Background: HOBBYIST
Music Style: EVERYTHING
Sound: was looking for a product so I could practice without disturbing any one when home, I own a tascam bass trainer and when I plug my bass into that the quality of sound is horrid, so i run the bass trainer into the rockman and it covers my needs. Feature: most basic of features not to many sounds you can coax out of this unit Ease of Use: pretty easy to use, though I suggest a better headphone set than what they give you Quality: looks pretty flimsy and easy to break Value: way overpriced Manufacturer Support: no The Wow Factor: nothing special aboutit Overall: If I find a better quality product with more durability and features, I will buy in a second

"Consider Your Choices When You Need a Headphone Jack" submitted May 27, 2004

Music Style: anything
Sound: Clips very easily: you need to reduce the volume from your bass pickups to get a decent sound, which leads to another issue... Lots of hiss. I took the unit apart and saw TL082 opamps in the preamp section. Come on, you can do better than this! I might replace the opamps with better (quieter) chips, so I'll post again after I do this to see if the hiss improves. Feature: For you money, you can buy a Zoom or Digitech entry-level pedal and use it as a headphone amp. As a bonus, you'll get a tuner, a drumbox and loads of effects all in a similarly sized package. Quality: It looks like the battery compartment cover will break after just a little use. Very tight fit, just waiting for it to break. Otherwise, about what you would expect. Value: If they would use a better op-amp in the preamp section to reduce the hiss to lower levels, I could recommend this product. For your money, you could get a small multi-effects pedal or save-up a little more $ and get the Tascam Bass Trainer or a Korg Pandora. Compared to what else is available, it just seems overpriced. Manufacturer Support: Have never contacted the company The Wow Factor: Sort-of big for what it does when compared to effects pedals. Overall: I'll keep it around for when I just want a basic headphone amp, but it is hard to get excited about this product given that there are so many boxes on the market that run from batteries and have a headphone jack.

"Quality Headphone Amp" submitted February 19, 2008

Musical Background: ameteur musician
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Mod Revival
Sound: Average sound for a headphone amp. I think people expect to buy this and have all kinds of cool effects and distortions, but its just a typical bass sound. If thats all your looking for then its great, if not consider buying an effects pedal or something similar. Produces a good overall sound anyway. Feature: Average features like treble boost and what not. The ability to plug in external sound sources (cd plyer, mp3, PC, etc.) is a pretty cool feature and they do it well. The input music or sound is not distorted and is as clear as if it were listened to straight from the source. One thing I wish it did have was an on/off switch to conserve battery life. I think it uses almost none when the volume is at its lowest, but I can't be sure. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, just plug in and play. Only a few buttons and knobs on the front so its hard not to figure out how to use it. For connecting to an external source or inputing from a source, consider buying the Rockman interconnecting kit. It really helps. Quality: The product is a classic and Dunlop does it justice. Many people say that the size of the device makes it impractical, but its no bigger than an average novel. When you consider the battery compartment and the space for the input and output jacks (3 total) its really doesn't seem that big at all. Value: ZZounds comes through again with a steal of a price. With a list price of $123, they somehow manage to sell it for $70. Not too shabby. I've seen it sold at other sites and stores for anywhere from $80 to 150. No one has it cheaper. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? Not really. But it is a good product that I would buy again if i need to in a few years. Overall: The product appears to be good quality and looks as though it can take a beating. I expect it to last quite a while. I don't understand the negative reviews this product gets, its a quality item at a good price. For bass there are few alternatives to the Rockman Bass Ace.

"Rockman Review" submitted September 27, 2007

Musical Background: Composer, Producer & Engineer
Music Style: Computer Music and Stuff...
Overall: Well, I read some of the reviews and some have mentioned that it is overpriced; I rated all "5's" acroos the board because you get what you pay for. The original Bass Rockman was sold for ~ $300.00 and ran on 8-AA batteries. (Yes, 8, count them, 8 double AA batteries and how's that for overpriced across the board!) The old rock adapter was not much help in the fact that it was noisy and also expensive; thus; there was no way you could use it live or for recordings. This unit is good to practice with and you can go mobile with this unit.

When you call, mention priority code 16K1-7ST5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976