When you call, mention priority code 14RV-SV61
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Crown XLS-1500 Power Amp

This 1500-watt power amp lives up to Crown's stellar reputation, combining lightweight, efficient Class D architecture with a high tolerance for dirty AC.

"Crown quality" submitted January 6, 2013

By Pete A in Manitowoc, WI
Overall
Sound: I have had no issues with sound reproduction using these amps. Using a DriveRack PA+, I am able to send the exact signal to each amp that I need and they reproduce the signal perfectly Feature: I have used one of these amps to DJ for friends parties. I use 2 of my JBL monitors in parallel for the mains from channel 2 and a JBL sub on channel one. The built is DSP eliminates the need for an external crossover. Brilliant! Overall: I use six of these amps in my amp rack. Two are used for my subs, each at 4 ohm mono. One is used for my mains, at 4 ohm stereo. The other 3 are used for monitors, each running at 8 ohm stereo. I think these amps are the best entry level "pro-sumer" product on the market. I don't know how a weekend warrior band could ask for anything more. Six of these amps in my amp rack doesn't even break 50 pounds!

"CROWN XLS-1500...WHAT CAN I SAY? IT'S CROWN 100% PERFECTION" submitted September 13, 2012

By Vincent G in Philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: DJ-ing, Producing music
Music Style: HOUSE MUSIC
Overall: Crown amps all the best amps around always has been. I had a new qsc amp at 500 watts per channel 8ohms..I sold it within 1 week. Nothing beats Crown AT ALL!!!!

"If you buy this product you will not be sorry. I am a professional Disc Jockey with 20+ years experience and I have played with" submitted December 19, 2011

By a customer from mail.com
Musical Background: 20+ Years
Music Style: all Genre
Sound: This product sounds very good! For the price it's hard to beat. The Highs, Mids, and Bass are simply the best coming this unit. Feature: The built in crossover network. Ease of Use: I use a BBE Sound Processor along with a 16 Channel Equilizer and the Crown Amp (1500) works well with out any headaches. Trust me when I tell you, You don't need the processors for this amp it's sounds fine without them. The Business I am in which is DJing the acoustics will be different depending on your venue. Quality: The Crown Amp is made well, it's lighter and performs well. The unit hit's like a tank but not feeling like one the unit only weighs 11lbs. , You will feel this amp it will move the crowd!!!! Value: This Product is worth the money. By this Amp you will not be sorry you did. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any issues. Overall: I will be purchasing another one of these in the next couple of weeks.

"Clean sound & quiet fan when on" submitted March 10, 2014

By Robby C
Musical Background: Pro keyboardist
Music Style: rock, blues, dance/disco, classic soul/R&B/Motown
Overall: I know nothing about Manufacturer Support and The Wow Factor so ignore those as I was required to mark them. Unlike what others are saying about these XLS amps, the fan turns on quickly in a 75° room under moderate volume levels. But your ear needs to be close to the amp to hear it's on. A slight hum in the line is audible with the gains set at 9 or above but it's clean and quiet below that. I bought the amp one larger than I needed because one reviewer wrote about this headroom issue in a quiet room. After purchasing the Crown XLS-1500 Power Amp directly from zZounds (not through Amazon), I plugged it in stereo mode into the same low level inputs from a DBX equalizer from a Mackie board and banana plugs to two Peavey 358S speakers that I've been using in a quiet house with a Crown MA-1200 for 20 years. That Crown amp had no hum with the gains maxed out. I never had a problem with the Macro Tech and made this change because of its moderately loud fan noise. That Crown will replace a 23 year old QSC-X-700 on stage because the QSC's fan is too noisy for most stages.

"Unbelievable power and super light!!" submitted December 3, 2013

By Paris J in Pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: Been playin music since I was 13
Overall: I never doubted crown for a second. I have this amp a pair of 15' cerwin vega subwoofers rated at 1000w a peice n this amps makes these things pound even tho it only puts out 775w at 2 ohms I've never heard them sound this good!! Awesome product very easy to setup n never gets hot. Looking forward to getting the 2500 soon

"CROWN IS THE ABSOLUT BEST !!!!" submitted August 22, 2012

By Vincent George in Philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: 20 years DJ-ing in clubs and also studio work
Music Style: Electronic, House, Dub-step
Overall: Had a QSC, sold it due!!! Nothing beats a CROWN AMP!!! I ordered a crown XLS-1500 and also a ART EQ. 100% satisfied The GOOD people from zZounds.com were more than helpful in helping me with a minor mistake in incorrect cables that were being shipped to me and actually had the correct speakon cables FedEx'd to me the following day!!! Juan in customer service really went out of his way to help...for that I will always deal with zZounds.com on all my future purchases. Thanks again.

"Crisp, Clean, & Pristine Power Reinforcement." submitted August 11, 2011

Overall
Sound: Feature: Built in easy to use DSP (which I love). Adjustable active crossover, limiters, & power conditioner all built in a 2U unit saving rack space, extra wiring, complications, and headaches. Also, this unit comes with about every input/output option you could need so it can easily integrate in just about any sound system. I was going to rate this a solid 9 but after writing out all these features… at this price point… I am upping it to 10! Ease of Use: Plug & Play DSP is the way to go my friends and I’ll never own another amp without it. Quality: Very well made and looks great! Value: For the money you get a Crown solid performer with some DSP features, built in crossover, limiters, and power conditioning all in one sleek 2U rack space. Value; rack space real estate is a valuable commodity and this unit can save you 3 additional spaces as well as the cost of wiring all those units together. Manufacturer Support: I called Crown before buying the amp to assure I was buying the correct model for my setup and had a real life (English Speaking) tech on the line within 5 mins. The Wow Factor: She is a sexy amp! Overall: I plan to have this unit a very long time and will probably add the XLS 2500 to my next system upgrade.

"review for crown xls-1500 power amp" submitted August 29, 2012

By tino gonzalez
Overall
Musical Background: been a musician for over 19yrs. bar/club scene, toured.
Music Style: rock and blues
Overall: this amp is great, it was what I expect plus more. has tremendous power and clean.

"Crown XLS-1500 Power Amp (1500 Watts)" submitted September 20, 2012

By a customer from apsc.com
Overall
Overall: Awesome, only need 1/3 volume to fill the room, lots to spare

"Crown XLS-1500 Power Amp (1500 Watts)" submitted April 6, 2014

By Dennis Rowe in Fort Pierce, FL
Overall
Musical Background: playing and singing for over 40 years.
Music Style: most types, from Southern Rock to top 40's.
Overall: Very good sound. This power amp puts my old power amp, Peavey cb-800 to shame. I know the Peavey cb-800 is a work horse, but the quality of the sound coming from my speakers is huge. I only hope I get the years of working this good with this Crown XLS-1500 Power Amp (1500 Watts).

"Objectively - Practical, priced well, money well spent" submitted September 4, 2011

By a customer from whisperinglight.com
Musical Background: Working performer, writer, recording artist
Music Style: 19th Century classical, Jazz/Rock fusion, NY Punk
Sound: I gave it a 10 rating for the best "bang for the buck". Sure there are high-end amps but of course you pay a premium for them. This particular Crown amp gives us a clean sound on stage with a tight low end. I'm also a Mackie fan (powered mixer) but the Crown amp sounds cleaner and tighter even with a "economy" priced mixer running through it. Have not tried it in a studio or ran any spectrum analysis on it but in live situations it's awesome. Feature: Like the flexibility of pre-programmed patches via the on board screen. Ease of Use: Menu is easy but you will need to read the manual so you have a precise definition of each of the pre-programmed patches. Take 5 minutes and you'll have it memorized. Quality: Mostly solid construction (chassis)- even for amps higher than this price range. But we always rack our gear for protection anyway. If you don't rack it, I would be careful of the plastic decorative face. Pay the extra bucks and get a rack for it to keep it looking nice and new. Value: Money well spent! Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use support The Wow Factor: The silver chassis with the blue screen looks very classy. Overall: This amp will be with us until we retire. The only thing we would do in addition to this amp is add more into a multi-amp rack for shows (most likely all Crowns). It's simply a great product at a great price (bear in mind we havn't run it through the hoops in a silent studio environment yet).

"too bad... blemish gamble did not pay off... this time." submitted August 27, 2012

By a customer from aol.com in queens, NY
Overall
Musical Background: asr10 sp1200 jv1080 mpc4000,1000, korg triton cubase sx3 soundforge 9. trumpet, drum. make that music
Music Style: hippity hop, RB, jazzy wazzy
Sound: sounded good-- only handled bass Feature: DSP is cool Ease of Use: easy interface Quality: my amp was blemished and seemed to suffer some transformer injury and maybe that's why thermal trip was going off. I think I just got the bad seed..... this is CROWN--- they make good stuff, but no one is perfect. Value: good value if working with no issue (obviously) The Wow Factor: wow, i think ima have to RMA this thing.... Overall: I bought the blemished amp for a good price. Seemed to work for 4 weeks.... then began to thermally trip at center detent - could not push any bass. Amp was driving 1 15" home theater sub and 2 12" subs in parallel. had 50hz filter, which I liked. I RMA'd amp as it became unreliable... going for inuke 3000 now. amp was decent- amp probably great brand new.

"Big numbers Medium Output" submitted February 14, 2012

By Jason Davis in banning, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 28 years & I have been building instruments for over 20 years
Music Style: DJ use is Hip Hop to Electronic Techno. Bass playing is Funk & slap with 6 string bass tuned down to low "A" (26 HZ)
Overall: I expected more from Crown. As a 1500 watt amp I expected more from it than what my Carvin 100 pushes. The truth is my Carvin has over twice the dampening rate ^500 VS the Crowns ^200. Pushing bass for my 6 string is better handled with my old Carvin, even though it's 500 less watts. Pushing a PA driver is the same deal. The Carvin has less rated power, but pushes deeper clean bass than the Crown. The crown 1500 does have internal X overs that are nice & also the option to connect via RCA for DJ & home theater. But I have to say I am VERY VERY unsatisfied with the output jacks. Speakon & bananna only. No 1/4" output jacks & the worst part is the Bananna jacks are the worst I have ever used. The bananna jacks press in from the top & have no clearance from the chassie. The (male) jack wont even clear in one side. I have to re-wire the bananna(male) so the strain relief hoop is facing away from the amp. That means the + and - are reversed now. I expected more from the worlds top amplifier manufacturer. Made in China & poor design is my opinion.

When you call, mention priority code 14RV-SV61. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976