When you call, mention priority code 16G4-XXW0

Rating and Reviews: Cordoba Luthier C10 CD

Show off your classical chops with this elegant all-solid-wood acoustic. A Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides deliver sweet, warm tone.

"simply awesome" submitted June 21, 2012

By r robert brown in farmington, NM
Overall
Musical Background: advanced self taught novice
Music Style: classical, flamenco and fingerstyle jazz
Overall: after hitting lot with a couple of bad GK Studios late last year, which both zZounds and Cordoba bent over backwards to correct, when i finally got my hands on the guitar i remember thinking, "man i wonder what this would sound like in solid wood?" well, the GK Studio has been amazing. it has opened up so much over just the past 8 months and i finally nailed the sound i wanted when i tried the Cordoba high tension strings. i am completely satisfied with its sound and action. with the new polyfoam case that came with my c10 i feel like i have my "electric" guitar nailed. however, i never got to scratch that "solid wood" itch, until now... so to reward myself on the occasion of my 58th birthday i crossed my fingers, threw some salt over my shoulder and ordered my "dream guitar" site unseen again, your requisite cedar topped, rosewood back and side, ebony fingerboard, mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle, gold hardware classical guitar and hoped for the best. and boy i wasn't disappointed! the Cordoba C10 is incredible, beyond even my strict expectations. the craftsmanship is impeccable. i honestly can't find a single flaw in the entire instrument. the wood on the soundboard is tightly grained and even. the finish is applied evenly throughout. the mahogany in the neck seems to be a higher grade than in my GK Studio. the ebony fingerboard is beautifully dark and straight. the gold hardware is smooth and accurate. granted the guitar is simply stated, but elegant as is the mother of pearl rosette. amazingly enough, the action is almost there for me, right out of the box. i will invest in a professional setup just to extract all the tone and action that i can from this beauty. the guitar sounds incredible! the estudios i practice everyday sounded like new pieces, every note clear and musical. the intonation is right on, up and down the neck. the bass and treble are wonderfully balanced and full. even the volume projects surprisingly well. and to top it off i got the "new" headstock design (or the old one, i don't know, but it's the one i really wanted). i knew that i'd landed myself a winner! i honestly couldn't put it down yesterday after it arrived and i really needed/wanted to get it into the Humicase and let it settle in to the summer climate here and humidify. the only thing i will change about the guitar is the strings. i'm anxious to hear how it'll sound with the Cordoba high tensions. i'm not going to promise that anyone else will get as lucky as i got, but if i wanted a good classical i'd be eying that other Cordoba C10 and hope it's from the same lot.
18 of 21 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Cordova C10 cedar" submitted October 24, 2014

By Pat Smith in Coralville, IA
Musical Background: Pro player and teacher 45 years
Music Style: Jazz, blues, rock etc
Overall: I have played guitar for 45 years. This is a very nice guitar. Note though that zZounds lists the nut width at 2" and is really 2.04 which for those of us with smaller hands is a big difference. They got the mm correct, but I am not so metric. The fit and finish on this guitar are first rate and it is as nice as some much more expensive guitars I have played. The tone on the cedar top is dark and quite Spanish sounding. Very nice for classical or Bossa playing. I suspect the sauce is brighter as it usually is but I haven't gotten to try one. I like it very much but the neck width may be a deal breaker for me. But I sure like the tone. I give the 1 star in manufacturer support as I wrote to them via the website and got no response.

"Cordova C10 cedar" submitted October 24, 2014

By Pat Smith in Coralville, IA
Musical Background: Pro player and teacher 45 years
Music Style: Jazz, blues, rock etc

When you call, mention priority code 16G4-XXW0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976