When you call, mention priority code 20L-G1WY

Rating and Reviews: Casio WK-3500 Keyboard

NOT compatible with Yamaha sustain pedals.

"Remarkably good soundz, best value out there" submitted December 14, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: former recording engineer, hobbyist
Music Style: jazz/blues
Sound: Totally blown away- i've owned quite a few keyboards, and to my amazement the piano sound on this board is the best i've heard, in fact many of the basic soundz are just outstanding. It really helps that the onboard speakers are quite decent and create a wonderful stereo sound just on their own, but plug this guy in and you'll be surprised at what a big sound it has. Tip: there's an overall eq setting that can be saved with the sound- this helps a lot, otherwise it's easy to get too bassy. Feature: The single best features of this keyboard for me: the great sound quality, the xclnt on-board speakers, it's relatively light weight, ability to be battery powered, and relative ease to program. i do wish there were more and better ways to save "registrations" (combination sounds), and that there were tutorials for getting up to speed on all the features Quality: So far so good- have had about 4 months, no problem, bring it 1-2 x's a week to jam sessions. Value: Am still surprised to get this satisfying of a keyboard for this kind of money The Wow Factor: i've been telling a lot of people about this board, 'cause with its surprisingly good and satisfying sound, and with the auto accompaniment feature you can use it to practice your scales and get up to speed with the various programmed rhythms. They obviously used pro musicians to create the backing tracks. Overall: Seeing how good this keyboard is at the under 400 bucks price point has made me want more- basically with this keyboard i give up a lot that more expensive pro boards have, like aftertouch, like a real sequencer, like an assignable foot pedal controller, like higher polyphony (only 32 notes here), more and better fx, better modulation wheel choices, better control means like ribbon controllers, etc. etc. But surprisingly i still absolutely love this board, get more satisfaction than i have from any of the other 8-9 other boards i've had, and would only trade up if the board it replaced had such great sounds and (hopefully) built-in speakers. i've felt self-conscious going into the home enthusiast range of boards, but i figured out some time ago that i don't want to be a programmer, and so many of the synths out there require waaay too much patience and left brain skills. and if you've never played a keyboard that has built-in speakers you might be in for a surprise- esp. the bass vibrates the whole board, so you get that tactile, and the speakers are right in your face, so even if you're getting your main sound from external speakers, the on-board speakers function as a set of built-in monitors. all i'm waitin' for now is for the manufacturers to get the idea of the portable party board: having a keyboard like this that accepted external sound sources and had a small on-board mixer would mean you could show up anywhere, even the beach, and play/sing along to songs on your ipod

"A love/hate relationship of honesty and lies" submitted September 10, 2008

Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Jazz, Rock, Soul, Funk, Blues, Indie
Sound: To be honest, i love this keyboard because it has done me proud for a good few years but when you've known someone (or something) for long enough you should be able to be honest about their qualities and pitfalls. The sounds are ok if you use the external speakers but when you gig with it u can't really get a "pro" sound because, let's face it, it's not a pro piece of kit, nor is it meant to be. The organ is cool though and electric piano is fine..but piano (and every other sound) is revealed for what it is when u put it through a PA (but i still love you WK-3500!) Feature: Great mini drawbar things for the organ setting. Simple preset banks that are easy to use with no brain power needed. I wish that there were no cheesy/classic casio rhythm section bits purely for the fact that the start/stop button is easily pressed when u get carried away which is both hilarious and hideous depending on where you are. (Or just move that button away from my left hand) Ease of Use: Seriously easy and there are plenty of effects and a sensitive enough EQ to tweak the 3 or 4 sounds you will eventually end up using for the rest of time. Quality: Well made..i have gigged this keyboard extensively and it has never broke down (touch futuristic silver plastic). Fairly light too. Value: Yeah good value. Considering that for twice the price you usually get a similar beast wrapped up in a different skin. Especially in the Casio range. 500/600 euro and your newer model casio and it will still mask its mediocre piano samples with tonnes of effects, so at least your not expecting miracles with this keyboard. does what it says on the tin. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any support cause it always works. The Wow Factor: I mean, if you wore a shiney silver suit with a neon-blue tie you wouldn't exactly be sensible but you would surely stand-out. Overall: If you are realistic about the limits of this keyboard then you won't be disappointed. But if you want to have a multi-tasking, seriously brilliant, professional sounding thing then save up your pocket-money for another few months and invest in a different piece of kit.

"Star of the show." submitted September 21, 2006

Music Style: Metal
Sound: I let a local play group use my wk3500 for a play they did. When the local paper reviewed the play, they raved about how realistic the classical guitar sound was coming from a keyboard. Feature: no usb connection. Ease of Use: easy to plug and play. some of the other functions take some research in the manual. Quality: looks great. Solid. Value: lots of bang for your buck Manufacturer Support: website is great with lots of free downloads. The Wow Factor: I bought it. Overall: For what I use it for, its all the keyboard ill ever need.

"The Mothership Has Arrived" submitted June 2, 2004

By a customer from netscape.net
Music Style: Gospel/Jazz
Sound: I was very impressed to hear such great sounds from a keyboard that is so affordable. I have compared it with Korg and Yamaha pro-keyboards, but actually, for the basic sounds such as pianos, organs, and basses, this board is very competitive. I was also amazed at the way an amplifier can really boost this unit. The only discouragement was the seperation of the sounds within an amp. I decided to purchase an amp with an equalizer on it and surely that has made this unit quite impressive. I had some musicians at a program to ask me about the unit. That day I was using the organs and with the drawbar features. I must say, that day I was "cooking". Those musicians were very much in tune with the unit. It is definitely a winner for the person that wants great sounds at a fraction of the cost of its pro-competitors. Feature: I was glad that the unit had a power cord included. I was about to purchase an accessories kit offered by the store, but after getting home, I found that my old pedals and stands fit this unit well. I even use a Morley foot pedal for the organ sounds. The only addition item I purchased was a case. Quality: Although the case for this board is somewhat lightweight, which I am pleased, I do feel that with a harder shell, this unit would be more apt to be used by "pro-players". It's a light for on the road gigging. Value: Comparing this with it's competitors, this unit is priced just right. The sales man seemed to sway toward one of the competitors boards which is about the same price as the WK3500. After about two days of playing with both units, I really think I have made the right decision. Manufacturer Support: So far I haven't had to deal with the company. I hope this part of the sale does not disappoint me. The Wow Factor: It looks a little space age like those compact stereo systems. Perhaps, a case color change would make it more sustantial. Even a black or gun-metal blue case would make it look like the "pro-boards". Whoever designed this unit has done a superb job to impress the amateurs and the pros. Overall: I think I will be happy with this unit at least another two years. With improvements as a possible enhancement in the future, I would surely be willing to trade this one for a newer version.

"Icaboyd says, "It's a cool keyboard for the price."" submitted April 11, 2005

Musical Background: Professional and Recording Musician
Music Style: Alternative Pop-rock
Feature: Yes it included a stand and power adapter. Overall: I wanted a keyboard that would provide rhythm and percussion tacks so I can perform live and not require a backup band. This keyboard given time... we'll do that for me. It is fairly easy to use and you can program and save any song or rhythm pattern you can think of within the limits of the WK3500 sounds (over 140rhythms). http://www.icaboyd.com

"Beware of the WK3500! Mechanical noise from keys after playing for a few weeks." submitted October 1, 2004

By a customer from pdibind.com
Music Style: jazz, blues
Sound: Sounds great if you can hear it over the mechanical key noises. Feature: Has plenty of great features except for the mechanical key noises. Quality: The electronics seem great but what good is it if the keys make noise.The keys are the heart of any keyboard. I believe casio should recall all of these units for replacement. All of the chat forums I have been to tell me the same about the wk3500. Manufacturer Support: No help from casio except send it in on my own dime and we will look at it. Heard of many people sending the unit in for repair just to get it back with the same problem occuring. The Wow Factor: Looks great except for the mechanical key noises. Overall: Need to sell this at a loss and use the money for a different brand.

"AMAZING KEYBOARD AT LOW PRICE!!" submitted December 25, 2004

Overall
Sound: Good sound, nice speakers good base Feature: good, drawbar auto harmonise, modulation, pitch bend, very good to use Quality: Very good, firm, no problems so far Value: amaingly good for the price, best buy around Manufacturer Support: had no need to support Overall: very good keyboard at an amazing price

When you call, mention priority code 20L-G1WY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976