When you call, mention priority code 175Z-S3Y5

Rating and Reviews: Casio PX-330 Privia Piano

Get all the features you need in a portable stage piano at an amazing price with the Casio PX-330 Privia Digital Piano.

"Great bang for the buck" submitted November 13, 2010

Musical Background: hobbyist/piano student
Music Style: Alternative, Jazz, and Classical
Sound: sound through it's own internal speakers is very good, but it sounds better through an amp. sound is also good through headphones. Feature: Lots of bang for the buck and has loads of voices, features, and tones. Ease of Use: It's easy to use and figure out. Only thing that's difficult is the print on the function keys is too small and too light. Have to have a light on the keyboard to see it. Quality: Everything worked and functioned. I did have the lowest "D" key that played fine but sat a little lower than the rest of the keys, but it's come up to the same level in two weeks....so I'm happy. Value: I read the review on Keyboard Magazine, and tried it at a local retailer. They had it on sale and another place beat the price and gave me an extra 10% off the price difference with free headphones and free stand. Manufacturer Support: N/A - haven't needed technical support - the Casio website could use some work - should be easier to find and figure out how to add functions to the PX-330. The Wow Factor: For the price I paid - this is a fantastic value. Light, portable, tons of features, much better than I expected. Overall: I bought this as a "second piano or keyboard" to my small Yamaha grand. I use it for silent practice, for recording, and for fun. I will use it for music sessions with friends or as a second piano when other friends come over and want to jam. I will keep this as long as it lasts - which should be a number of years unless it's stolen or damaged to where it's cheaper to buy another rather than fix this one.

"Privia Piano" submitted April 29, 2012

By James Meredith in Long Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a trombonist and arranger. I was a teacher for over 25 years not reited and dabbling in the music field.
Music Style: Jazz , R@B, some philharmonic work.
Overall: I am pleased with the Tone of it's grand piano sound. I mosty use ear phones but it has speakers placed in locations that give you a sound of actually playing an accoustic piano. The key action is comfortable. I don't think any electric keyboard will ever capture the feeling of the hammer striking strings. It does have great action and does not take away from your finger control. It is slim and easy to carry, not very heavy. Great buy for me.

Casio PX-330 Privia Piano Customer Review submitted April 26, 2010

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Music Style: Southern Gospel
Sound: I have had several keyboard makes, Yamaha, Ensoniq, Korg, all the bells and whistles, but the Casio(PX-330) that I just purchased has all the features that I use. I compose most of my music on a computer and it plays the music with all the instruments included. I'm an older musician and the weight is perfect to carry from gig to gig. Feature: The only feature I can't get to work is it won't trigger the vocalizer with the midi out feature. Maybe I'll figure this out. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used support.
25 of 27 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good price, nice features/sound, and easy transport" submitted December 24, 2011

By a customer from q.com
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a professional keyboardist for over 50 years, 20 years in Las Vegas.
Music Style: Standards, blues, rock, country, shows.
Sound: The sound is decent from the small speakers. The speakers are on the backside of the keyboard facing away from you towards the audience. You hear the speaker from the backside of it through the grille cloth openings facing you. It is easily as loud for the audience as any acoustic (grand) piano. Plug into a good amp or with record it; that's a different ballgame. The sound is excellent. Feature: The piano is really light and easy to carry. I have a Gator GK-76 keyboard case and this 88-piano just squeezes into it nicely. Yes there's plastic (metal is too heavy), but it is of good quality and looks nice. You need to learn some of the functions or use a small light to see the functions. There are buttons that have lights, but the text about the function is a little hard to read unless you have a light (a music stand light would be fine). Ease of Use: You can layer 2 sounds on this keyboard with say piano & strings and it can be split if you play left hand bass. Has some good drum patches along with basic comps that sound good enough for most casuals or for recording song demos for writing purposes. It has a sequencer. If you are familiar with sequencing on keyboards you will need to invest a little time with the manual. It's not that difficult, but to get the most out of its potential (just like any keyboard) do your homework. Quality: Haven't had the board that long, but it feels sturdy enough. If you register the keyboard online, they will add 2 years of warranty coverage for a total of 3 years so I would say they're fairly confident in their product's ruggedness. But, like any board, treat it professionally; it's your investment. As I said above it fits my Gator GK-76 with enough room to store your pedals and cords, extra pair of pants and shirt folded nicely (you get the picture!) The action is a little stiff, which may loosen up in time. All acoustice pianos have very similar actions, but there are differences in how "weighted" they feel. This one is fine, but just a little stiff for my tastes. Like I said, it may loosen up a bit in time. Value: Absolutely. Manufacturer Support: At first had a little bit of trouble registering the product online, but I emailed support and they responded quickly and courteously. The Wow Factor: I have a KORG Pa2xPro I use for my single work, but I needed an 88 weighted piano for the big band gigs and this one is light (24lbs!) and sounds very good. I am very pleased with it. Overall: I plan on keeping and using this piano for a long time. If it were lost I would buy another one.

"Awesome Value" submitted May 28, 2013

By Harry K in Coffs Harbour, NA
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar, piano and saxophone. Guitar is my strongest instrument and I have played professionally for 35 years.
Music Style: Jazz, blues and light rock.
Overall: I wanted two things in my keyboard; a good piano sound and an action that emulated a piano. The px 330 delivers both these in spades. I am a semi pro player and am particular about my gear. I am not a brand person though. I will buy whatever delivers what I am after.The Privia has more sounds than I will ever use. But they are fun to play with.

"This is one heck of a keyboard. Good action, good sound and lightweight. What more could a working musician want? Being a Yamaha" submitted November 18, 2010

Overall
Sound: I'm a classically trained, (Juilliard) professional jazz pianist (studied with Richie Beirach & Sophia Rosoff). I play a Yamaha grand and had a Yamaha digital piano. The Yamaha digital did have a great sound and action but I just could not lug that much weight around (almost 50pds). I'm finicky. So I was very surprised when I tried the Casio PX-330. The action felt good and the sound - while not as good as the Yamaha - was really workable. AND it's only about 25 pounds! I've used it on a half dozen gigs and it's been a real pleasure to play. Easy to transport and set up. A winner all around. Feature: You'll want to buy a real pedal. My $20 M-Audio SP2 pedal works great. I also added the Roland CM-30 Cube amp. It's light, extremely portable and gives the keyboard the bottom it needs. It's great that the the main keyboard speakers stay live when plugged in to the Roland, giving a real nice ambient sound. In small to mid-size clubs, for solo or duo work, it's just right. Ease of Use: So far I've only used the acoustic keyboard sounds. Overall, it's an easy keyboard to use. Quality: Seems as well made as most digital keyboards these days. Get a good padded gig bag. The GroovePak 116-4E-76 fits well. Value: I bought this off the floor for around $550 but would have gladly paid full price for it. Manufacturer Support: Don't know yet. The Wow Factor: Has a very simply, clean, understated look - just what I want. Overall: I'll be playing this keyboard until it stops working and then probably buy another one (or it's newer model). (Casio does have the PX-3, basically the same keyboard without the speakers).

"Privia! Attempting to set the new standard of Quality in electronic keyboards!" submitted December 19, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Masters level/Recording artists also and choral vocal music director and instructor
Music Style: various from classical to the most modern of some forms of music!
Sound: Quality is on the rise at Casio as set by the example of the sound and feel of the Privia! Way to go Casio! I know some other companies that better watch you pulled a fast one with the Privia if it were cards you just played almost an A or at least a high King! Quality: Quality and thougthfulness for used by various quality music players with different tasks to do like teach, perform, practice for personal growth and all it is a good instrument and a great deal in that musicians usually are not the financially rich in the landscape unless they make it big--I think an instrument like this if can buy it make me have greater hope reaching my peak music goals in life! Thank you Casio again way to go! Put the quality out there that shows you care about the way music gets delivered in society! Thanks guys! I so want to own a Privia and I am a Master's level grad! Value: Great Value--more bang for the buck with the Privia! Manufacturer Support: Only have given a low rating here because I will learn more of this later as I deal with the companys that manufacture and sell the Casio Privia! If I become a famous musicain let me use Privia and the future instruments of Quality from Casio if you keep doing this well you will reach even greater instrumental quality production goals in the future--keep cost maniable as possible because musicians are sometimes on low budget! The Wow Factor: I rate the instrument as closer than any Casio I have ever since to the origin of the keyboard--the piano sounds and also feel under your fingers as you play! The guys need to be more into improve at the rate Casio has or they may lose out, eventually! If poor economic times teaches people anything it teaches us to look at the other companies and see who really trust the public and the public wants to go with the companies products that seem more to care for individuals within the community landscape--that is a good thought! With this truth happening some of the grandest companies may go down eventually with the quality of products and services of the smaller companies getting better! In that quality in service and product, and honest customer care are essential still to our families across the countryside! Even the largest company could fall if right changes go unoticed in raking in the greatest amount of the dough!
13 of 34 people (38.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ain't No Sunshine With My P80 Gone!" submitted June 9, 2010

Musical Background: Singer/Songwriter/Independent Recording Artist and Producer
Music Style: Christian MOR/Gospel, Jazz
Sound: I just received my PX330 today. Unboxed it. Looked professional enough. Plugged it in. It worked. Lights and all. I was so excited. Then, I played it. It feels and sounds like a cheap little home Casio. With all the hype about it, I am sorely disappointed. The organ sound is so, I don't know, crappy that I just want to toss it out the window (you have to understand, I'm a church boy--holy roller--the organ is the main thang, baby)! Feature: Too many and too hard to initiate Ease of Use: For me, it's too much trouble and work just to get to the sounds you want. I like push and click or press and save. Very difficult for me. Quality: Don't know if it's well made. Probably is. Probably durable. It just doesn't "feel" right. Don't even care at this point. Value: But my Yamaha P80 is gone! I had sold it, along with other things to keep my home. Big mistake. Still have the home but the P80 would have been worth the loss of the home! I bought the PX330 because it sounded good on paper. Lots of sounds. double the polyphony of the P80. You know reading all the manufacturer's stuff and all it was a much better deal. Listen, it may have a lot of gadgets and right now it costs more than the Yamaha P80 at least on ZZOUNDS' site (except they beat the price of the other online music store), but it ain't no Yamaha! Bye-bye Casio P330, you goin' back baby! 'Cause you may have a cute dress on but what's underneath ain't nothing goin' on and I can't pay the rent with this thang! The Wow Factor: For the money, buy the Yamaha P80. It may have less bells and whistles than the Casio PX330 but the Yamaha P80 is a professional piece of equipment and the sounds are GrrrEAT! And the "feel" is REAL! Bottom line: I should have gone to a retail store, tried the PX330 and it would have saved me this frustration. Overall: Sending this back by the weekend. Getting it outa my house so I can order the Yamaha again.

When you call, mention priority code 175Z-S3Y5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976