When you call, mention priority code 15G8-13BR

Rating and Reviews: CAD KBM412 Mic

Pick up low frequency sounds they way they're meant to be heard with the CAD KBM412 low-frequency large cardioid mic.

"Good mic for less money." submitted August 16, 2009

Musical Background: Drummer for 48 plus years. Play in 3 bands at this time
Music Style: Love jazz but playing in rock band and Italian duo band
Sound: It sounds good to me. It sounds just the way I tuned my bass drum only louder. I set the bass level low and the high level on high (all the way up) and I ask everyone in the band,and they loved it.I told them let me know now and I'll take back the KMC 412 and get the d112. They said to keep it, It sounds great. And this is on a 18'bass drum wide open. I'm also using 2 ICM 417 overheads (xy set up) Don't forget this is for live playing only that I have used this for. Don't know how this will work for recording. Feature: Plug and go. Ease of Use: Plug and go again. Quality: Looks and feels pretty heavy duty to me. Value: Cheap Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Yea I want it,it did'nt cost me squt. Overall: Maybe in a studio I'll need a better mic, I don't know. But for live playing in this rock band that I can't stand. ( I love jazz) It's doing just what its suppose to do.

"Great bargain kick mic." submitted February 7, 2004

Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Pop
Sound: Sounds good, clear focused with a built in EQ curve... Feature: built in swivel is handy. Quality: Dynamic mic, pretty sturdy and light. Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: Great bargain kick mic.

"A complete waste of money." submitted November 30, 2007

By a customer from therutas.net
Musical Background: Working Musician
Music Style: Just about everything!
Sound: I bought this mic to use in my 22" Tama Rockstar kick drum. It sounds like a great big turd! The mic has a boominess that cannot be eq'ed out or even tamed with compression. There is NO bottom end. The mic is all 160hz and above, none of the 40-80hz range that makes a bass drum hit you in the stomach is there. I am not joking when I say that I can get a better sound out of my kick with an SM57 than with this mic. Feature: Nuthin fancy, it's just a mic! The integrated mic-clip w/ rubber shock mount is of high quality. Ease of Use: It's a mic. You plug it in. Very easy to use. Quality: Mic appears to be built well externally, but obviously the interior parts (the important part!) are inferior due to the crappy sound. Value: I wouldn't use this mic in my kick if someone gave me this mic for free. If I got it for free I'd throw it out. Manufacturer Support: Dunno, didn't need it. I'm calling zzounds tomorrow and returning it. The Wow Factor: It's your standard-lookin' mic. Overall: This mic might sound ok on a bass cab or a floor tom (I dunno, I was so disgusted I didn't bother to try!), but for kick drum applications it just sounds awful. As I said before, terribly boomy and no bottom end, which is ironic considering it's a "low-frequency mic." When I killed everything 160hz and above on my rack's eq to isolate and test the lows, I literally got NOTHING out of the speakers.

CAD KBM412 Mic Customer Review submitted December 24, 2006

Musical Background: drummer/engineer
Music Style: all
Sound: Sounds great for the price. Of course a D112 sounds better but for $50 you won't beat it. Feature: It's a kick mic so I don't know what you want from it. It plugs in and you get sound. Ease of Use: nothing ahrd about using this Quality: I've used this for a lot of live gigs and its still kicking. Value: I don't think that any of the other kick mic's in this range sound as good. Can you find better, yes but it will cost more. Manufacturer Support: havn't used support The Wow Factor: Who wants cheap mics? If you have this mic its because of the price

"Waste of money." submitted April 23, 2009

Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: Rock, Jam Bands, Folk
Sound: Completely awful. There is no low end. It makes your kick sound more like a light tap. The published frequency response is completely false. I don't think that there's much of any response below 100 hz. I've used it twice and will never use it again. I would use an SM58 over this on a kick any day of the week. Feature: There are no features. It's just a mic. Ease of Use: Plug it in and attach it to a stand. Doesn't get easier than that. It's once you get behind a board to try to salvage the cardboard box sound that this thing gets that you discover that this is where there is no ease of use. Quality: It's well built. It's a very sturdy mic and I imagine that it will take one hell of a beating. The capsule and electronics unfortunately are not up to par with the build of the shell. Value: It's useless, so therefor it has no value. The Wow Factor: It's just an average looking mic, but the sound destroys any appeal that it might have. Overall: This mic would have no place in my mic locker if it was even given to me.

When you call, mention priority code 15G8-13BR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976