When you call, mention priority code 14HK-S7T5

Rating and Reviews: CAD GXL2400 Condenser Mic

Start your project studio's microphone collection with the affordable CAD GXL2400 large-diaphragm condenser and included shock mount.

"Wow! What a mic." submitted January 22, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Very little but I am a producer of commercials and voice work (30 years)
Music Style: N/A
Sound: I have a Neumann TLM103($1200) and I've A/B'd the CAD GXL2400 against this mic. You can hardly tell the difference, really. I have turned so many people onto this mic I'm surprised CAD can keep up with the demand. It truely is the best mic for the price. Feature: The fact that this mic includes a shockmount all for $79.99 is again, a fabulous value. I attempted to purchase a shockmount for my Neumann it was $250 just for the shockmount. Ease of Use: All you need is phantom power and you're running. You may want a pop filter of some kind since it is sensitive as is most phantom powered large diaphram microphones. Quality: CAD is the one of the best microphone companies in the world. I have several of their mics, much more expensive. Their sound and quality are the best and they stand behind every purchase. Manufacturer Support: As I just mentioned CAD support is the best. The Wow Factor: This is a very stylish mic. Small but powerful! Overall: What can I say that I haven't already...this is one great purchase for the dollar.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"LOVE THIS MIC! My 1st studio condenser, but the sound is fantastic!" submitted February 12, 2012

By Janis Jeffreys in Lancaster, PA
Musical Background: Karaoke jockey, home studio
Music Style: too many too list, but primarily country, pop, and rock
Overall: Boy, I'm not sure where to start. This is my 1st studio condenser, but it makes my studio vocals so much clearer than the 'live' performance mics I have always used. For, what I paid, I would pay more after trying this out and getting wonderful results. I am a vocalist on LimeBooth.com under the user name, JJtheKJ, so feel free to check out how this mic sounds on some of my cover tunes. Where you can see the mic in the videos, that's how you'll know that's what I used in the making of the vocals. Hearing is better than reading. If you don't have a bunch of money, this would be a great mic to start out with, and for most, unless you are big star, should be good enough to hold you for a long time.

"CAD GXL2400 " submitted March 20, 2012

By Chicago Illnios in Justice, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Semi Pro.
Music Style: Christian, Pop, Rock, Latin Pop, Mexican Regional.
Overall: I bought this Mic because I was one mic short for an up coming recording session. It was to be used for a Acoustic Gtr. Long story short it impressed me so much on the Gtr. that I used it to track double take the main vox. I ended keeping the vocal recorded with the GXL2400. My female vocal mic is a $500 street price mic. For this recording the GXL2400 did great on Gtr. and Vocal. I won't ever admit it to my engineer and arranger friends but I'm getting a few more to see how they do on drum overheads. It is a little bright but less than the normal $99 mics. I would also say its nautral sounding. Did I just say that!!!

"Unknown Wonder" submitted May 21, 2005

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: independant sound-guy and recorder
Music Style: Bluegrass
Sound: Several bands and singers I work with cannot believe the sound v/s Dollars of this mic. Most thought it cost much more. Some compared it to mics costing 3-4x as much. Feature: Little known feature is internal low-cut switch, when 'out' this mic picks up acoustic bass at 8-10'! Great 'single-mic' for acoustic sets. Quality: I use it for acoustic bluegrass, both live and recording. Haven't dropped it or gotten it wet, so no problems. Value: Best sound-for-dollar of MANY mic's I've used and heard. Records as well as mic's costing MUCH more. Manufacturer Support: So far no problems so I can't honestly report on support. The Wow Factor: I'm buying a second one for stereo recording and live stage shows. Overall: I doubt I'll find a better sounding mic in this price range, I hope to be using it for years.

"nice and great for your mic locker...this mic is good for low baratone voices..." submitted June 6, 2011

Overall
Music Style: blues rock country oldies jazz
Sound: This mic has a realy smooth nice clean sound, it has a rise of 8-10db around 10-12khz and sounds realy clear and acurate...one reviewer said it has no high pass filter, this is incorrect, screw off the base and slide off the round case and inside is a high pass filter... Feature: includes the shock mount and a plastic pouch it has no case but you can use the cardboard box to store it in...if you must... Ease of Use: it actualy sounds very good to my ears, sounds better than my old studio projects C1, very clear and quiet. I think the off phase feature brings your phase back to normal and improves the sound when speaking or singing a distance from the mic...the electronics are not surface mount which may make it a good mic to MOD.... Quality: I dont know about it's quality, it seems sturdy, but for the price, what can one say, time will tell... Value: I like it better than the at 2035 and at 2020 on my voice, the sound is more crisp and airy... Manufacturer Support: never used them, but i heard some great things about their service department... The Wow Factor: its an ok looking mic, kinda small and cheap looking, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... Overall: I have a few lower end mics for different uses...i also have some decent mics, at 4040 at 4033a which arnt expensive, but decent mics

"great recording mic for the money...works just fine for my ableton recording setup....." submitted July 7, 2012

By frances o in roper, NC
Musical Background: playing 30 years,guitar,mandolin,percussion and singing
Music Style: rock in the 80's country,reggae......
Overall: i needed an inexpensive vocal mic for my setup just to get going on some recording..i'm new to ableton software, so it's working out fine with my recording so far, and unless i do a side by side comparison with a better mic and get blown away, i'll be staying with the CADGXL2400 !!!!!!

"Great mic for little cash..." submitted March 23, 2005

Music Style: Folk Rock
Sound: Sound is very clean and warm for vocals. Feature: comes with a shockmount and clip. I just wish it had a case to go in. Quality: Seems well made. I've taken it places and dropped it once. Still works great. Value: Awesome condenser for the cash. I've owned a few other condenser mic's in the same price range and this one is by far the warmest. Manufacturer Support: never had to call them. The Wow Factor: Its got you all sexed up I guess. Overall: I think anyone looking for a starter mic for recording in their own home should seriously look at this mic.

"Great buy and value.... considering the cost of the mic." submitted June 23, 2011

By a customer from nlministries.org
Musical Background: musician
Music Style: drummer/recording
Sound: Very transparent and crisp! Used it first time to mic drums at an outside venue as an overhead along with a kic mic. With just the two mics, picked up every nuance of the drums without sounding brash. Feature: Includes a sturdy isolation mount and the standard mic bag. Quality: Seems so far to be sturdy Value: Great buy and value.... considering the cost of the mic. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: n/a

"Great value and good performer" submitted August 13, 2012

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: almost 50 years of performance and recording on drums, keyboards, guitar, bass and vocals
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Progressive Rock, and lots of others
Overall: I picked the CAD GXL2400 Condenser mic up as a backup to my AKG Perception 220. But I think I'm going to use them together to capture voice and acoustic instruments. The CAD offers a bump in the upper frequencies that is a nice compliment to the AKG. Hey, if you're limited on how much you can invest in decent microphones, the CAD line has always worked well for me.

"Great vocal recording mic." submitted December 30, 2009

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: folk rock
Sound: Wonderful warm breathy vocals with this mic. Feature: No switches but that's OK quality and simplicity. I like that. Ease of Use: Plug and go. Quality: Good feel and weight but not heavy. Value: I always choose it for vocal recording over my six and seven hundred dollar mics. Manufacturer Support: No contact. The Wow Factor: Plan Jane. Overall: Good for now.

"MAss ID Studio" submitted February 17, 2010

Musical Background: Semi Pro
Music Style: HIp Hop
Sound: Good clean sound,Big sound. Feature: Shockmount is kind of flimsy,but it works.

"Excellent microphone for vocals and acoustic guitars" submitted September 23, 2011

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Pop/Rock/Latin/Jazz/Fusion
Sound: Sounds is warm and 'punchy' - works well on male and female vocals - every singer immediately commented on the warmth and clarity, even compared to my other mics costing more than 20x times the price! Worked beautifully on classical and steel string guitars. Very, very low self-noise. Feature: It's 'only' a cardiod but, at this price you can't expect more. It DOES have a low cut switch. I don't use though because the shock mount works well and my stand and vocal booth have no rumble. I prefer to filter freq. during mixing. However, if you need it, it's there. Shock mount works well but, mine at least, has a little 'wobble' right where the tightening screw is. Doesn't affect stability. Ease of Use: Very easy to move around since it's not as big as other large dia. condensers. Position it well and you will get a great sound each and every time. Quality: Well made, far exceeding the purchasing cost! Value: NO questions about it - a dream at this price. Overall: I will get another one and will continue to use it in my daily studio work.

"For $48.00 just buy one...or 2 like I did. It's a no brainer! You'll find a use for it somewhere. I found my use immediately." submitted June 1, 2011

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: Pro Musician/Producer/Engineer
Music Style: Rock/Alternative
Sound: Simply amazing. Keep in mind sound is subjective. Anyone who owns a studio knows you have to have a mic arsenal. I tracked this mic with lead vocals and it cut through the mix like buttah. I have used a Shure KSM27 and an AT4033 and this mic kicked both of their asses...for MY vocals. I tried them as room mics on drums and they didn't quite cut the mustard. The 4033's work better for that.... but for my vocal style it kicked some serious butt! Best $48.00 bucks I've spent on a vocal mic. Feature: Comes with a shock mount. No low pass filter or db cut. Just a simple cardioid condenser mic that will pick up a pin dropping! Ease of Use: Easy enough with the right pre and comp. I just happen to be using a Presonus TUBEpre and a COMP16. Awesome results. Compared to the aforementioned Shure and AT it was like taking a wet blanket off the mic. Quality: Seems sturdy enough. Just don't drop it. I wouldn't take it on the road. Studio mic only! Value: Given the cost of the AT4033 ($399.00) and the KSM27 ($300.00) I'd say this is a steal at $48.00. I bought 2. Always buy condensers in pairs! Manufacturer Support: Cad makes great stuff. The Wow Factor: Nothing fancy aesthetically! I don't give a crap abut wha it looks like...just what it sounds like. This sounds better than my $400.00 mics...again, for MY vocal technique. (Hard Rock) Overall: The search is over (for now). This mic is not leaving the studio anytime soon.

"Amazing sound at an amazing price." submitted August 24, 2009

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: vocalist in a band, live shows, home recording engineer
Music Style: classical, jazz, blues, folk, pop, rock, metal, deathcore, rap, acoustic, techno, trance
Sound: I have used the 2400 and 1200 for vocals, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, violin, and drum overheads in my home studio. They perform well for all of these applications. I recently bought a pair of rode nt5s ($430) to replace these as drum overheads only to find they sound EXACTLY alike. Im returning the rodes and buying another set of these. Feature: Nothing special here. You plug them in with phantom power and go. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, shockmount needs to be pretty tight to stay in place and the 1200 doesnt snugly fit normal mic clips, but it works. Quality: No problems at all except the top cap on the 1200 falling off when it came in. I taped it back on and have no had a problem with it since. It didnt affect quality of sound at all. Value: Amazing buy for the cost. Very versatile and very good at recording everything ive used it for. Manufacturer Support: never had to use it. The Wow Factor: Looks very good, and comes with a shockmount which looks nice too. Overall: If you are looking for a couple condensers for general use in a home studio, look no further. These sound amazing on anything and are at an extremely low price. I highly recommend buying it with the 1200 and shockmount. I am buying another set soon.

"-WOW-" submitted September 28, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Hobbyist, Active Musiciam, Band Director
Music Style: Rap, Hiphop, and R&b
Sound: I use this product on a day to day basis, and have recorded many songs with it in my home based studio. I have produced many songs to hit the air waves of radio stations and lemme tell u if its there then its definatly a great microphone. Feature: 9-10 for me as it is missing a nice carrying case.. which i think all mic's should have. Ease of Use: very easy to use, except some people might run into difficulties as it records and picks up sounds 9 feet away. best used in a sound proofed booth. Quality: I give it a 9 because ive heard better but for the amount I spent on the mic brand new .. its perfect.. using a shure compared to this has its differences but for sure I think If u have an extra 100 bucks in ur pocket .. go buy this mic !!!!! ... Value: best value, for buying this mic for only 60 dollars ive had people come into my studio and asking me if I wanted to sell it for a good 4 x the price of what it is worth but .. no way .. some call my stupid .. i call myself smart as this is an incredible product. Manufacturer Support: I dont know .. as ive never had to use any kind of support. The Wow Factor: its soo f'n good I want to drop my pants right now and make love to it .. its that good. Overall: buy this product.. if u dont .. ur crazy ... simple as that..
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 14HK-S7T5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976