When you call, mention priority code 155N-T1X5

Rating and Reviews: Bugera V55HD Amp Head

The Bugera V55HD offers classic tone with modern updates. With all-tube operation and digital reverb, the Bugera V55HD has the best of both worlds.

"What the Heck? It actually sounds GREAT!" submitted July 24, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, 20 yrs experience
Music Style: Rock, Alt Rock, Southern Rock, Country, Alt Country, Blues
Sound: This amplifier was a sweet delight! I had been looking for a used Hot Rod DeVille, but bought this 'blemished' Bugera simply because it was sooooo cheap. Figured I would use it as a go between, then a practice amp. In short, I am gigging with it full time now. It didn't look blemished to me, and it sounds unbelievable! I have been playing for 20+ yrs, and thru many different tube amps and solid state amps and I can safely say that there is no real need for me to spend the extra 500 bucks on a Hot Rod DeVille. It sounds that good. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because the Bass/Mid/Treble are a bit unresponsive. They could stand a little more Tonal variance, but it's a small issue. Very small. Feature: Included in the box was a foot switch to change channels, it works perfectly, but I use pedals for my overdrive and distortion. However, the distortion is pretty darn good. I imagine it could be better if it were re tubed and re biased. Some folks are saying the distortion is unusable....WRONG! If anyone says this, they aren't experienced or are looking for something out of 6L6's that they can't deliver. It seems to be built very well. The knobs could stand a little more resistance though. Put it in the trunk and drove 5 miles down the road to a friends house and they were all out of place, vibrations I guess. Ease of Use: This amp is very usable. It's easy to get a great sound. I plugged up straight out of the box, dialed in Clean Volume and Master Volume to 4, Bass to 10, Mid to 4, and treble to 5. After a minute I noticed that this amp is extremely Bright, Fender-bright, which is what I need, but I had to back the Treble down to 3...then...MAGIC!. Reverb is pretty good up to 6 or so, after that it gets a bit obnoxious. Some of the reviews give this amp a muddy tone quality...not true. Period. I even used my cheap Epiphone Les Paul Studio after my Strat...it was still bright...and that's saying a lot. Quality: LIke I said, the amp seems well put together. Solid. I do plan to upgrade the tubes at some point, but I can't imagine them not lasting. They sound great stock just like they are. Value: If you are on the fence...buy it. If you need a back-up...buy it. I got this amp for less than one of my effects pedals. It's worth twice it's cost...easily. Manufacturer Support: I emailed Bugera about a question I had with the impedance switch in the back. They replied in less than 24 hrs. Awesome. Very Awesome. The Wow Factor: Despite the connotations this product has with being associated with Behringer, it is actually quite elegant looking. Pretty. The Bugea logo reminds me of an old European sporta car or something. I am going to buy another one to run my effects in stereo in stead of a Fender now. Overall: I chose this amp because I was strapped for cash and my old one died. I am VERY SATISFIED! I highly recommend getting it. Just do it. You will thank yourself.

"Amazing value! Excellent sound!" submitted June 13, 2012

By John R in Las Vegas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Ex pro guitar player was on the road for 10 years. Now I gig a couple of times a week as a hobby
Music Style: Blues, rock, country, christian and jazz
Sound: Most of us guitar players we have a tone in our head and this is what I want a guitar amp to sound like. Perfect! I play mostly blues, rock, country and jazz. The clean channel has a lot of headroom before breakup. I set the clean volume around 7-8 (2-3 o'clock) so I can control the breakup with the volume on the guitar and the attack of the pick. That is my sweet spot. The second channel is also excellent and gives me all the crunch I need for the stuff I play. I have a Boss ME 70 and I don't use the distortion on that at all anymore since the amp sounds better in my opinion. Sometimes I don't even bother hooking up the pedal. This amp, the matching 2x12 cabinet and my LP studio that's all I need. For larger venues I use an SM57 to the PA. This thing is loud enough. Feature: Someone else mentioned that bass, mid and treble is a little unresponsive and I agree. You expect more change when you turn the dial but it's a non issue for me since I don't need to tweak it out of the range. I basically just turn the bass down a little sometimes when it's sounds too much. It has a triode mode that I never really used since I'm happy with the pentode, normal mode. Reverb is decent sounding and I use it all the time. Never used the fx loop. The brightness input seems to just cut some of the bass but I prefer to turn the bass down instead. Sturdy foot pedal for reverb and channel switching. It has all the features I need and I like it simple. Ease of Use: This is a no-brainer to use. Plug in the guitar, turn on and wait for it to warm up turn up the volume and play. Quality: I've had it for 5 months now and it works as new. Seems reliable to me but I do have a backup in case it breaks down. It seems larger and heavier than it needs to be but it gives a solid impression. Value: This must be the best value on the market. 350 bucks and I payed 100 bucks for a gently used speaker cabinet. In a blind test you could have fooled me that this was a brand name boutique amp for thousands of dollars. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact support yet and their website answered all the questions I had. The Wow Factor: I like the retro styling but the real wow factor is the sound. People do comment on the sound and want to check out the gear and realize it's just an amp. Even though I want to think it's the chops that makes a difference. Overall: Together with the Bugera 2x12 cabinet this is without a doubt the best buy I ever made. I'm very satisfied with this rig.

"Organic Bliss" submitted February 15, 2011

Musical Background: Been playing since 1975. off and on stage
Music Style: blues,classic rock,
Sound: Ok so for once going cheap paid off. I read all the reviews,took what my friends at the on line forums had to say about how much they loved the sounds coming from this 300.00 wonder and now I have to say that I never thought I would hear that sweet sound again I used to hear everytime I went over to my friends house as a kid in the mid 70's. I can't remember if it was a vibrolux or a twin reverb but man this nails it and some. First time I can remember wanting to play every guitar I have on nothing but clean settings. Its that organic is texture. So many sound choices with such a responsive set of controls. Feature: Now days getting a foot switch that actually works and doesn't jack the price way up is a plus. Sure it could probably use some better preamp tubes but what you get for the price you almost get the feeling it might be illegal... lol Ease of Use: This is what amps should go back to so kids now days can appreciate what true american clean sounds like and responds like. I have a Vox Ad100VTH and yes it has some great models but after I got a Tonelab ST and plugged it into the return on the fx loop on this baby...well there is no need for anything else for me. Figure running a multi effects with a preamp tube in it into a true all tube none modeling amp and SHAZAMMM ... Its heaven and way LOUD enough! Quality: Its built well. Sure its not all hand wired but at this price even if it farts out after warranty is gone it honestly couldn't cost that much to fix. Besides I have been making up ideas of what kind of tubes I'll get after these finally burn out. Right now they are fine with me. Stick with the clean channel. If you want major gain and distortion slap a metal muff in front and strap yourself in. Value: Kind of a no brainer!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: Very retro looking... matches up great with my egnater 2x12 Overall: Great value. Great tone. OD channel is not as good as it could be but thats probably just the preamp tubes. Can you grip about that at this price?

"GOOD CHEAP CHINESE FENDER RIP OFF AMPLIFIER HEAD." submitted December 21, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 25+ years gigging,recording and jamming.
Music Style: rock,punk,blues
Sound: OK,so this a "cheap" tube amplifier,but it's got "something" about it that makes me want to keep playing it.It's the circuit of course,which is basically a Chinese rip off of the Fender Bassman head.The amplifier is sound,and with a few tweaks you can really get the most out of it.First of all take out the ridiculous "tube cage" and take off the clear plastic cover on the bias adjustment knob.Change preamp tube 1(closest to the input jack)to a Shuguang 12AX7B.Then change preamp tubes 2+3 to Tungsol 12AX7's.To do this you have to turn the amp upside down and take off the back panel.The amp is biased cold so turn up the bias slightly from whatever the setting on the knob is.OF COURSE YOU WILL DO THIS WITH THE AMP UNPLUGGED AND DO NOT POKE AROUND INSIDE THE AMP OR YOU CAN GET ELECTROCUTED.This info is for TUBE CHANGE ONLY.When you change the preamp tubes the amp improves dramatically.I have not changed the 6L6 power tubes yet,but doing so probably makes it sound better still. Feature: There is not many features on this amp but that is a good thing as it keeps the circuit less complicated and more direct.I use the clean channel only with effect pedals.The gain channel is usable,contrary to what some people say.The triode switch reduces power and headroom for a different sound and it's usable also.I don't use the footswitch but it is good and it works well.The reverb is good,not great but good and I leave it at around 10:00 to get a nice ambience to my tone. Ease of Use: This is a very straightforward amp,not for heavy metal IMO,but COULD be used for stoner doom rock with pedals(Sunn style)and for other styles like rock,country,pop it's just great. Quality: I think this amp will work for a long time,but I don't know for sure because I've only had it for a little over a year.It takes pedals really well and like I said,a good tube change/bias adjustment does wonders.That 12AX7B in V1 makes this thing bark like a DOG.When your putting in the new tubes you'll see that Bugera writes 12AX7B on the V3 input but they don't install one there!I think the 12AX7B sounds best in V1,with Tungsols in V2+V3 IMO. Value: GREAT PRICE.GREAT AMP FOR THE MONEY.PERIOD. Manufacturer Support: I'm gonna go low with this one cause Bugera/Berhinger is HUGE,and I really don't think they G.A.S. about 'lil ole ME. The Wow Factor: Somehow I don't think there will ever be "appeal" for cheap,Chinese amplifiers made out of (heavy)particle board,but WTF do I know???? Overall: I like this amp because it works for ME.I could buy some thing more expensive but I don't need to.This works JUST FINE.

"The Truth About Bugera" submitted August 9, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: This is the only tube amp I currently own. It was a forray for me into the world of tube amps. As such, I may not have the best basis for comparison. I have to say, however, that this is a very serviceable tube amp. I find myself getting tones I never heard from any of my SS amps or amp modeller or multi. It made me understand that I was missing a whole world of sound from my guitar. That said, I can't get the perfect sound out of it. Pretty tube cleans, but no Floyd. Nice gritty overdrive and blues, but not Hendrix or Page. Good hard metal tones, but not Sabbath or Megadeth. I have been playing this amp for about 6 months now, and it does sound good. You can find a lot of good sounds on this, especially with pedals and decent speakers. You will however, never sound like one of the great rock gods unless you get a better amp. YMMV. Feature: This has the basic stuff you would expect from a tube amp. Reverb is a little weak sounding. Would have much preferred a better boost button. Otherwise, just straight up tube amp features. Ease of Use: This amp is a pita to warm up. Other than that, it works just like a tube amp. The controls pretty much do what they say, where presence is the only mystery. Presence mostly just adds a lot of top end, but also seems to lend a syrupy glow to the clean channel. Quality: I have had ZERO problems with this. I can't stress that enough. ZERO. The only quality issue you could argue is maybe the knobs are a little wimpy. Everything else is top notch. Value: Hard to argue this point. There are more and more cheap tube amps coming out, but this is the cheapest. Manufacturer Support: Didn't use it. The Wow Factor: It's a Bugera. Let's face it. It looks okay, but you really want to have a Marshall stack at your back. Overall: I am tired of all these love or hate reviews. It has to be corporate shills, lackies, and morons posting this stuff. They always say it is either a useless piece of junk, or it's a marvel. People give it straight 10s like they have never heard a Marshall before. You want the truth? You can handle the truth. The truth is simple. This amp is an easy 8. It's about 80% of what a grade A tube amp would be. It has serviceable features. Good tube clean sound. Reasonable, but not great, gain pallette. This is a good amp for the price, but you will not, and should not, buy it if you have the money to get something better. The only way to fool a blindfolded person into thinking this is a $1500+ amp is to be a really really great guitar player. Otherwise, it's going to sound like a knock-off. A great deal. A good amp if you are strapped for cash. Not a Marshall, Egnater, Vox, Fender, or Mesa by any stretch of the imagination.

"Bugera V55HD head" submitted January 16, 2014

By Dale B in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing guitar for 47 years. Also play Bass and Keyboards
Music Style: Classic rock, modern country
Overall: I bought this head for a gift to myself at Christmas. The day after it arrived, I plugged it up in my house with a Fender Mustang cabinet. It sounded great. Only used it a few minutes. Last night I took it to band rehearsal. Turned it on, it had a hissing noise, then died. No lights, no nothing. DEAD. Called zZounds and am waiting for a return shipping label. I can't rate manufacturer support as I have not used it.

"Super Tube" submitted September 9, 2013

By Ed James in North Richland Hills, TX
Musical Background: 25+ years of playing Guitar
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Overall: I paired this with the Bugera 212VBK Cab I bought at the same time. This amp can even out perform my ACOUSTIC G120H with a 412 cab. I have also used the 412 cab with this Amp as well. The versatility is awesome. From the included foot switch to the ease of use when I connected my Multi effects pedal. The only reason for 4.5 on features is that the knobs could have a little more resistance. I found this amp for a lower price at a competitor and zzounds BEAT IT ! This amp is worth TWICE the price. But you won't find a better built and performing amp than this for the Price. Thanks zzounds....

"Awesome Tube !" submitted September 9, 2013

By Ed James in North Richland Hills, TX
Musical Background: 25+ years of playing Guitar
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: Out of the box, This Amp has awesome sound, I paired it with the Bugera 212VBK cab that I bought at the same time. And the result is pure sound. The distortion and reverbe are awesome. This is the best deal you'll fine for an amp of this quality. This amp can way out perform my Acoustic G120H Feature: Easy to use. I just dialed in the recommended settings. Tweaked it a little, and WOW!The Knobs could be a little most resistant but for the price that's a minor issue. Ease of Use: I have put this with a 412 cabinet the 212 cabinet and used multiple effect pedals It performance is outstanding. Quality: Seems sturdy and well built. Value: I researched several options. I compared price and versatility. This Amp is worth TWICE the PRICE and Zzounds beat EVERY price I found. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use manufacturer The Wow Factor: Looks great. Almost retro from the early 50's Fender Heads. Overall: This is an awesome tube amp

When you call, mention priority code 155N-T1X5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976