When you call, mention priority code 1716-KBDQ

Rating and Reviews: Bugera BTX36000 The Nuke

3600 Watts of brutish might and a bountiful bevy of EQing options and tone tapering techniques give The Nuke peerless power and tonal clarity.

"I love this amp." submitted October 16, 2011

Musical Background: Bassist
Music Style: Music
Sound: This amp has precisely the tone I was looking for. I have an SVT4 which is the Ampeg sister amp, they have a lot of similarities but The Nuke has more power and clearer tone. I love the sounds I can make with it and my basses. The clarity is perfect. Feature: I think it could go for some better overdrive. The EQs are great for switching up tones quickly. Foot Switch is a life saver at gigs where you can't readily access your amp. Ease of Use: Stupid easy. Quality: It's sweet looking, I have modified my chassis and the base but the knobs and pieces are all sturdy and have lasted. Value: This amount of tone and volume for this price is just ridiculous. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems. The Wow Factor: Who doesn't want a 3600w head? "The Nuke" branding is cool but not gaudy. Overall nice looking amp. Overall: This is the amp for a bassist looking for a easily modulated yet clean tone. Sounds great on both active and passive pickups. I love this amp.

"A great amp ....... WHEN It works. Terrible customer service." submitted March 2, 2012

By Eduardo S in Hollister, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Cover bands and originals for 15 years.
Music Style: Rock, Funk, Alternative, Indy.
Sound: Right off the box, the sound was good. Not warm-spectacular as one one get from an SVT type of amp, but decent enough that only another peer bassist would notice the low mids are a bit weak. I played it for hours almost immediately and found that while it "colored" my Bass' natural sound, with agressive tweaking of the graphic eq, it more than made up for that filter and soon was rumbling away. I loved it .......... at first. Feature: Sturdy construction, .... and the EQ features were ok. Again, it has a color of its own and leaving it flat makes you wonder who's bass it is that you're playing, but overal, -and for the price -, more than enough features to feel like the purchase was a steal. Ease of Use: Very intuitive controls and knobs, easy to see at night. No problems here .... BUT DAMMIT THIS THING IS HEAVY! Quality: I used it for 6 weeks, suddenly in the middle of the gig the sound just cut-out 50%. I was baffled. So I thought I blew the transformer or something catastrophic like that. I call the company, they said they would send me an RA (repair authorization). So I waited.......7 days! Finally I called back and in another 3 days I had my RA. To take to a shop .................90 miles away in San Francisco. The shop keeps my amp for a month, and it wasn't until I called that they said they were short on parts. (Really?). So I once again call the manufacturer, who gives me a second RA, and decides to send me a new one. Great! (I thought). Two weeks later I am still waiting for my amp to arrive. True story. Value: You get what you pay for. You pay 5-600 bucks for an amp like this, there is a reason for it. There are corners to be cut. Power like that is not that cheap. ... and I found out the hard way. Manufacturer Support: THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I have never been so put off by a product in my life. If you cant back up your product .... then dont sell it. The Wow Factor: When it worked, ... beastly and thunderous tone. Overall: This amp had the potential to be great .... then I played my 3rd gig ....

"Bugera Nuke dont believe the negatives till YOU test it out~!" submitted September 27, 2013

By Doc P in North of H-Town, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 52 playin since 9 on bass since 12 on guitar since 51 on keys
Music Style: classic rock,bluegrass,blues n roadhouse,progressive,alternativeindy, southern rock
Overall: Ive read things like it blew breakers in peepls house (better that than have a low voltage burn out of yer transfomer [been there done that...] Dont matter what amp you own if you get loud yer gonna pull amps. I always put this guy on a seperate circuit than anything else and it has yet to brown or trip any breaker. Has tons of features (truly versatile as h3ll!). negative: lacks heaphone output but u can get around that only u hear in one ear../ heavy as an armored truck/ thats the only 2 things i can say bad about it. where ANY Bass amp (or preamp for that matter/ onboard that is) Ive only seen mid-switch of 250/600 k this thing has 5 shifts of mid 250-3000k!/ 9 band EQ and yes the EQ is REAL you can hear/feel every slight of hand that you shift a band. Main thing is I got this at some stupid markdown or closeout at Amazon for only 256.00$ delivered! Thats right! at that price i couldnt refuse it and i wish i would have bought 2 of them! That said if it delivers 3000 (true in ther regards of how most peepl view watts as if they were a reliable reference to decibels....) no way..BUT..you rig up 3 cabinets and run 2 ohms I will promise you there will not be a window or anything in your house not nailed or glued down that wont vibrate like Sybil (Exorcist) on steroids has brought yer house down. Bottom line kids...it Do Deliver! Just use common sense and reference material if you need when hooking this guy up and play by the rules and you will not be unhappy---well you may get a hernia toting it around w/o a rack on wheels but otherwise you be happy :D

"Massive Power" submitted November 28, 2013

By Darryl Harris in Detroit, MI
Musical Background: playing over 30 years
Music Style: All types: jazz, jazz fusion, rock, R&B, country
Overall: I previously ordered a Behringer BVT-550 watt head. I wanted that warm tube sound that would sound or emulated the sound of an Ampeg. It sounded great, just one problem, not enough power, depending on your set-up 550 watts would be suitable enough, but my my cabinet the legendary Behringer BB810 with the aluminum cones (not paper), this cabinet moves some serious air, therefore you need a powerful amp to accomodate for the power it needs. This cabinet is rated at 2,000 watts. It just literally sucked all the power from the BVT-550, so I needed an amp that had the to produce a minimum amount of wattage, just to give it the ample sound it needed. I chose the Legendary Bugera Nuke 3600 watt head and it's rated perfect for it. More head-room than I'll ever need (and that's what you want!). Bugera/Behringer are compatible with each other because they're made by the same company; Bugera are the higher end products Behringer sells. Stop listening to al the bad reviews that people are always talking about behringer/Bugera products, they say things like, they don't last, they are cheaply made products . Behringer/Bugera use highly quality components and rugged construction which can take abuse if it happens. This amp is massive in size and very heavy, roughly 45lbs. That brushed aluminum finish with the 9-band eq (LED'S) they didn't tell you about that. This amps looks great under the lights. The sound is clear, warm and buttery. The compression is great because smoothes out volume peaks when playing dynamic slaps, which I do a lot. This amp has so many great features on it, 2 many to mention, but some of the one's I'm impressed with are overload protection and protect speakers. Bright switch, graphic-eq switch, ultra low, ultra high switch, this thing looks like a christmas tree when all the buttons are pressed, but use accordingly, you really don't have to use all these at one time, but they are there if you need them.You don't have to be a pro to recognize exceptional quality, however they're a lot of pro's who use Bugera/Behringer products. If you want to waste your money buying those high end amps that lack the quality and features this amps offers, then go-ahead. The products Bugera and Behringer make are for real hard working people, not for prissy professionals. Besides German craftsmanship can not be be surpassed you know that, Mercedes Benz is one of the most Beautifully made cars ever, and they make the Legendary Glockenklang cabinets which a lot of people do know about. You owe to yourself to get the most out of your more without sacrificing the quality you want, and buy it from ZZounds, the're whole staff is great and will help with all your shopping needs, I will only deal with ZZounds no one else besides where can you get pay as you pay, guitar center doesn't have, musician's friend does not have it. Why go any where else. P.S. just one one thing, get the neutric-speakon cable with it, then your assured the best power and quality this amp can give.

"works well for me" submitted January 2, 2014

By zak mahoney in north palm beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years plus , average 5 3hour shows a week music teacher for day job
Music Style: blu grass folk punk rock celtic
Overall: uprights are tricky , the nukes 9 band eq lets me scoop out all buzzing and humming every room is different but the nuke lets me have my sound no matter what , plus omg the power!

Bugera BTX36000 The Nuke Customer Review submitted October 8, 2009

Music Style: Psychobilly
Sound: I heard about behringer quality issues but took a chance. It's onyl been afew months and 5 or so gigs but if this unit does not break down on me then it is the best amp I have ever owned, that includes my old Ampeg I had to have serviced twice within 2 years of purchase. This thing has all the power I could ever want and every feature I could want. I love the compressor and the limiter and the tone is amazing. Quality: So far...

"Dud" submitted July 29, 2014

By Tim Umstead in Huntsville, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Have played bass since 1985. Weekend warrior gig type stuff.
Overall: It began to overheat and cut out after only a half hour at low volume. Fan sounded like a jet engine. I also don't believe this head is capable of the power output Bugera claims. Immediate return. Had a decent sound, but who cares about that if it breaks down so fast? (On a side note, I love the Hartke LH1000 I bought from zzounds)

When you call, mention priority code 1716-KBDQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976