When you call, mention priority code 1606-HXK8

Rating and Reviews: Boss OS-2 Overdrive

Use the Boss OS-2 overdrive and distortion separately or combine them for a hard-hitting, blended sound.

"Who's the Boss?" submitted May 26, 2007

Overall
Music Style: classic rock and blues
Sound: I cannot believe how much tone this pedal has added to my rig.I play through a Fender FM 212,and while the clean on it is great,the distortion leaves a little bit to be desired for.This is just absolutely perfect.Great sounding pedal. Feature: The features were very accesable and easy to comprehend.It didn't take long to get used to adjusting it. Ease of Use: Easy as pie. Quality: Very well made product.Nice metal cover and solidly built footswitch will add years af enjoyment. Value: Definately worth thr price and then some. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them,and hopefully,I won't have to. The Wow Factor: It's a Boss. Overall: I've been playing for well over 30 years,and I've used Digitech,Alesis,DOD,etc,and this is the best distortion/overdrice pedal that I've ever had.

"Great "bang for the buck",..awesome sound and quality. GO BOSS!" submitted July 16, 2005

Musical Background: Band, Home-jamming
Music Style: Rock, Punk, some blues
Sound: It sounds great,..blink 182, metallica, kravitz,..you name it,..this thing makes it come true Feature: the color button is col but maybe an independant overdrive and dist. button might have ben cool so u can mix the two individually,..but still it's pretty sweet and you can accurately modify your sound Quality: this thing is built like a rock! i own a Hot Head from digitech and the boss is more sturdy and toughber, even though the digitech is pretty tough, too Value: i got it for 69 bux and man does it sound good! another example for bang for the buck! Manufacturer Support: never had a problem with it but a friend says they take care of you really well when there is a problem The Wow Factor: beacause of the retro look and strange yellow-ish coloer it only passes with a 9,...it still looks cool and that's why thelook and sound combined give you a 9! Overall: get this pedal if you like overdrive and distortion and like smooth or hardcore tones,..pretty much universal! So if you ever go to some place where you wanna jam or just play with a friend,..bring it along,...also counts for gigs,..i've been to several gigs with it and it never fails me, plus it is quickly adjusted!

"Why you should own this pedal" submitted June 16, 2004

Overall
Sound: An awesome crunching, clear, and bright sound. Doesn't sound too buzz-saw like, like a metal pedal or something. Buzz-saw sounds are fine, but this pedal doesn't have that. It is very loud, louder than other boss pedals I have used, and when you hit the pedal, your sound has that ripping effect like you just set something free. Kinda Nirvana-like in that way. Think Pennyroyal Tea. Or Today, by the Smashing Pumpkins. Not that the sound is exclusively early-90s grunge, because is it isn't. Feature: The sound is very adjustable, and I really like the "color" knob. I personally like to keep mine nice and bright. Quality: Boss pedals are made to last, and this is no exception Value: Cheaper than some of the other better boss distortion pedals, and definitely the best sounding. The Wow Factor: If you think nacho-cheese yellow is sexy -- and I do. Overall: This pedal will always be part of my repotoire.

"Not Bad!" submitted May 11, 2013

By a customer from gmail.com in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Live/Recording
Music Style: All where loud electric is wanted!
Overall: This pedal is ok! depending on what kind of pick ups amp etc.. its still a little too thin sounding for me. Still to this day the Boss OD-3 is my main go to for live gigs. The OS-2 is doable but does not have the ooomph the OD-3 has.

"Incredibly versitile. Great tone!!" submitted December 17, 2004

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Alternative, Hard Rock
Sound: This is the most versitile distortion pedal I've ever heard. The color knob gives you the choice between classic, smooth, full overdrive or modern, scooped distortion. The great thing about this pedal that isn't found in many other pedals is that you can actually have a compromise between the two. That is what sold me on this pedal. I am a distortion tone freak. My main thing is recording, and I know how hard it is to get a tone that sounds full and crunchy, without sounding harsh (I hate buzzy distortions- they are nearly never used in good professional recordings-- not even metal!). I think this thing's got the versitility to do that. I tried it set up with all the other Boss overdrive and distortion pedals (DS-1, Metal Zone, Super Distortion, Super Overdrive, etc.) With some tweaking (hardly any) I was able to get this pedal to sound nearly exactly like each of the other pedals (With the exception of the extra EQ features). I was very impressed. I'll hopefully be using this thing the next time a band brings in a buzzy distortion amp and I have to deal with trying to get it to sound half-decent when miked up. Feature: As I said before, incredibly versitile. The color knob is great. An EQ section would be nice, but the tone contol also sounds good (You tend to have to turn it up as the color moves towards overdrive. The Drive control has a huge range to it. You can get really crunchy with this thing, or really light. It's surprising how many features are packed into 4 knobs, actually. Quality: Rugged construction. Value: Great price. Great pedal. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Can't wait to use it.

"eh! its alrite I guess" submitted July 17, 2011

Musical Background: live/recording
Music Style: all
Sound: eh! it doesn't sound quite like the DS-1,this might work for other people with a real tube amp set-up but it did not work for me. Feature: good features with two different type distortion using the Boss FS-U5 the number 2 settings is great for solos. Ease of Use: no brainer! Quality: what else can anyone say but awesome Boss quality as always! Overall: I rated it a 5 because of the sound on setting 1 which is great for rhythm stuff but its very harsh and fuzzy ice cold kinda tone, no warmth at all. This might work for those big marshal re-issue stacks of the late 60's and 70's but it did not work for my weekend gigs with small combos. No matter what I did with the pedal and tweaking the EQ's on my combo amp,I seem to disappear when the whole band is rockin. oh well

"os2, the pedal every amateur should have" submitted May 5, 2006

By a customer from net.hr
Music Style: rock & alternative
Sound: it sounds quite good with my jackson js1 dinky (on the other guitars as well) Feature: the only feture i'd like to add would be the adaptor for it, that is not included. the original costs (well, at least in Croatia, Europe) approx. 1/3 of the product Ease of Use: just combine the sounds with the four knobs. anyone can do this Quality: the battery that is included lasts for quitw long, even longer than the duracell. the only bad thing is that you need to unplug all of the cables when you're not using the pedal, 'cause it will suck all of the energy out of the battery (it doesn' matter if you're using it or not) Overall: i believe i'll use it 'till i start playing big, when i'll need a bigger upgrade of my arsenal

When you call, mention priority code 1606-HXK8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976