When you call, mention priority code 14Y6-1XDN

Rating and Reviews: Behringer RX1602 Eurorack

The Behringer TX1602 Eurorack is a 16-channel mixer characterized by its low-noise design for the highest possible headroom and transparent audio.

Overall

"I got all the features and quality I expected for a great price!" submitted December 27, 2005

By a customer from rogers.com
Overall
Musical Background: I play in two different part-time bands, Active Musician/Hobbyist.
Music Style: Classic Rock, and a DOORS tribute band.
Sound: I use this line mixer as a sub-mixer to my main ROLAND M12E mixer. The sound of the BEHRINGER is totally transparent (the way it should be!), and I can't tell the difference between the sound modules/keyboards going straight into my ROLAND from those being sub-mixed first. Feature: The handiest feature is the mute/defeat button on every channel. When I get confused about which module is in which channel, I can isolate them without adjusting the levels! As a line mixer, it doesn't require EQ, so I don't miss that feature. On the two channel inputs for my ROLAND,I can alwasy fine tune the overall EQ for the BEHRINGER if required. Quality: I now own four different BEHRINGER products, and they all meet/exceed my expectations. A friend offered to sell me a ROLAND M120 line mixer (the same series as my M12E), but I did not like the gain/signal interface between the two, and they're both ROLAND! The stereo outputs of the BEHRINGER are very smooth and linear, and totally match the LED lights. Value: Brand new, this cost $40 less than a used ROLAND M12E currently advertised in a local music store! By the way, I have been totally happy with my ROLAND, although when purchased new about 8 years ago, it was $870 CDN funds. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact the company for any of my purchases, so I can't rate the support....what's wrong with that? The Wow Factor: It looks great, is only 1 unit rack high, so it leaves me room for my other rackmount gear. Overall: If lost/stolen (Heaven forbid!), I'd replace it immediately with the same item.

"Sweet, Flexible Line Mixer!" submitted September 5, 2003

By a customer from miscible.com
Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Generally great ... transparent and quite. Feature: Excellent mix of features for this type of unit. One thing to be aware of, though, is that the documentation says that the aux send is post fader from the factory. The manual documents a mod to make the sends pre-fader. WELL, turns out that from the factory, the unit is already pre-fader (and Behringer confirmed the error in their documentation). This is better anyway, but i didn't find out until after i'd chopped up my unit to make the mod ... doh! Quality: Generally good. Inside is very clean and durable. Value: Couldn't expect much more for the price. The only thing i'd love to have is a tape out to plug into a recorder, but a y-cable on the main outs should work OK. Manufacturer Support: Behringer was quick and helpful when i contacted them about the pre/post-fader issue.

"You get what you pay for by DIEGOESK" submitted April 14, 2009

Music Style: hip-hop,
Sound: Sounds clean, however on my unit, if you turn the volume up past the half-point mark, it will make your synths sound harsh. Other than that it sounds great! Feature: Simple, basic, cheap and does it job well. Ease of Use: plug the wires and the rest should be self explanatory Quality: Well made on the outside. But on top of the high's being too harsh, my unit right side reads higher than my left side. Other than those two things, this machine is great at what I purchased it for. Value: You get what you paid for. Silly me for trying to run very expensive synths thru this unit. If your a bedroom producer, this machine is for you. Manufacturer Support: Never used them. The Wow Factor: Has sex appeal, which is why I brought it. Overall: Overall, this machine is excellent at what it does. Like I said above, the unit sounds harsh once you get into the highs and mids and on my unit the right levels reads higher than the left. If your looking for a good quality rack mixer to go with your quality synths, look to purchase an ASHLY LX-308B, a RANE SM82S, or a Speck X-Sum.

"Great mixer, exactly what I needed" submitted October 7, 2012

By JK S in Topeka, KS
Musical Background: over 10 years
Music Style: urban, experimental, soul, rnb
Overall: I needed to expand the input capacity of my audio interface without spending thousands on an interface to support all my hardware hookups. This mixer gave me exactly what I was looking for in a very small footprint. I love having the mute buttons on the front and quick control of the pan/volume for each tracks along with the nice output level meter for the whole mixer really makes it great. If you need a good way to bring together a lot of inputs into one location, this is definitely something to look into. If I outgrow it in the future I will just add on another one! Doesn't color the sound or add any noise at all, which is perfect.

"Behringer mixer" submitted March 10, 2014

By Roger Jackson in Gaithersburg, MD
Musical Background: Producer, engineer
Overall: This is a great rackmount mixer. I added this as a sub group mixer running my keyboards and other instruments. Then tied that into my main board and it is wonderful. Great sound smooth, no hum, or feedback at all. I will recommend to everybody.

"OK Mixer if you're not picky" submitted February 1, 2013

By Kurt T in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: Playing keyboard for 10+ years
Music Style: Rock/Jazz
Overall: I've had this for 3 years now. As a mixer, it does what the ad copy says it does. In real life, the mute buttons become intermittent and the pots get dirty. This leads to a loss of audio until you rotate the pots several times and push the mute buttons in & out repeatedly. Can be frustrating.

"Cheap but you get what you pay for. Usable live, studio arghhhh." submitted April 22, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Symhonic/gothic metal.
Sound: I used it on stage for quiet some time to mix down 4 synthesizers to 1 stereo channel. Recently I used it during recording session and was shocked what it did with my sounds. Some sounds where just mutulated (especially grand piano's, strings where ok-ish). And it had nothing to do with input volume. Looking for something more transparent now. Feature: Its easy compact and offers exactly what you need, no unneeded extra's. cant say anything else. One drawback is that it has no smooth control knobs, they move in steps. Ease of Use: very easy to use. Mostly due to its lack of complexity and options. But hey thats what you want for a line mixer in live situations right. Quality: so far pretty reliable except for the sound problems (see sound part of the review) Value: Its cheap, but don't expect a clear, transparent and professional sound. Live it might be ok, but in a studio its a big no no. Manufacturer Support: No idea. never needed to contact Behringer Overall: Kind of regret buying it now. Its not as good as Behringer wants you to believe. I am selling my Behringer linemixer now and buying a better quality one.

"There is a reason this thing is so cheap." submitted August 10, 2004

Overall
Sound: The bass response was noticeably lacking between the audio going into and that coming out of the mixer. The high end was brittle and higher insturments in the mix such as high hat were emphasized that hadn't been going in. Overall, the sound was extremely flat and narrow, suggesting the possibility of crosstalk between the stereo channels. Feature: Having all stereo inputs is nice, but unfortunately someone decided to give this mixer stepped knobs, so you have a very limited number of possible volume settings with large gaps between each. Also, the aux sends are permanently set to pre-fader and require soldering to change. Quality: Everything looks fine. Value: I suppose that you get what you pay for with this cheap a mixer.

"Excellent submixer" submitted January 14, 2005

Musical Background: Music Composer / Keyboard Player
Music Style: Electronica, New Age, Alternative, Rock, Classical
Sound: This mixer gives you a very nice, clean, and transparent sound. Feature: The mixer doesn't have eq and the effects are set to pre-fader unless you want to solder individual channels to post-fader. Quality: It has a solid build quality. Value: This mixer is a great value if you just want something as a signal router. EQ and a post-fader aux send would have made this mixer perfect. I use this mixer as a submixer for a sound module, sampler, tape deck, and turntable. I usually only record one track at a time so the fact that it's a stereo mixer doesn't matter. If you have similar needs, this mixer is a great value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: This thing is not the best looking item in my rack but it is very functional. If you take a look at other rackmountable line mixers, they're all like that. I think mixers, on the whole (rack mount, console, desktop, etc.), are ugly looking components. Overall: I really like this mixer. I'd buy it again if it got run over by a truck. You can get bogged down with all the bells and whistles of other mixers, but if you're like me and you record one track at a time, just need a good signal router or submixer, and you do your mixing on a computer with plug-ins, this mixer is the best you will find.

When you call, mention priority code 14Y6-1XDN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976