When you call, mention priority code 1584-CDGX

Rating and Reviews: Behringer MON800 Mixer

Get long-term reliability and high-quality sound with this ultra-compact monitor mixer from Behringer.

Overall

"Excellent value for money monitoring controller. Read my review for a solution if you experienced noise/artifacts with this prod" submitted November 5, 2008

By a customer from nysc.co.uk
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Audio Buff, Audio Design Eng
Music Style: Ambient
Sound: I know a lot have slammed the sound quality on this unit, but this is not my experience. I found this units sound quality to be way above what I was expecting considering the price bracket. All gains wound up and nothing! Excellent! I ran several sources through it and it is excellent, and should be really considering its for "Monitoring". Some people have complained about fizzing and noise and other anomolies with this unit. Being an audio design engineer in a past (and somewhat lingering) life, these artifacts that are being heard may be down to connection with PC's or Laptops with poor audio ground earthing combined with switched mode PSU's. Ive experienced this myself with this unit. I say 'this unit' but the same issues can be heard when connecting PC's Laptops to other monitoring gear. A simple GROUND LOOP ISOLATOR will get rid of this. Use an expensive isolator if you are worried about degradation. But then if you are a really good sound engineer you would know that right? Headphone output is nice and loud with plenty of headroom, although its not quite up to the same standard as my John Lindsey Hood Class A Headphone amp. :o) I wouldnt expect it to be! Im giving this 9 because the power supply is only single rail which means decoupling caps in the signal path. A dual rail supply would have eliminated this but then it would have been twice the price. Feature: Features are great. Effectively 4 stereo inputs than can be mixed/switched. And 4 outputs. 3 of which can be switch on and off and have level controls. The other is fixed level. Im giving 8 because there is room for a third volume control on the front which wuld give independent volume control 3 outputs. Although if you wanted to have your main monitors supplemented by a sub the fact that 2 of the outputs are affected by one control may be useful as in my case. :o) Ease of Use: Yeah dead easy to use. All the controlls make sense, didnt have to read the book to get started. 9 because the balanced ins/outs are on 1/4" jacks. And all my cables are XLR. :o) Quality: Its plastic and on the light side which means you'll have to srap or blue-tack it down to stop the cables pulling it off the desk. Looks ok though even though its plastic. And for the money I think the physical quality of the product and smoothness of the controlls and switches is above what I would expect. So well done Behringer. Value: I think this product is excellent value for money. You are getting a lot of features for very little money compared to what you could spend. Manufacturer Support: Only just got it so we'll see. But I have a friend who says Behringer give good support - probably depends on your local agent/Behringer office. The Wow Factor: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks good on MY desk... Ironically the Behringer logo looks like a warning triange from a distance. Overall: This unit meets my current needs and some future needs. So there would have to be some big changes for me to get something bigger/better. If it was stolen or I broke it outside the warranty I would get the same again I think. This is going to get medium use under my ownership. I'll be disappointed if I dont get 5 years out of it.

"dare to say.. best behringer product on the market. Bang for Buck the BEST monitor mixer solution on the market hands down." submitted March 20, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musican, Sound sculptor, Producer, Recording Engineer
Music Style: DnB, Jazz, Rock, Metal, ALL
Sound: I have owned this MON800 for over 2 years now. There is no NOISE AT all. tHE PEOPLE BELOW who are complaining about noise either A) have a defective unit and should have RMA'd it, or B) do not know how to properly connect devices to the unit. This device does not color the sound or add any white noise or anything like that (unlike behringer mixers, who's preamps add whitenoise when turned way up). Feature: I use this thing for producing music. The three monitor outputs are connected to my three studio monitor setups. I have a pair of powered nearfields (small) a pair of powered nearfields (mid size) and also a HIFI yamamha home stereo amplifier with some 10" 3-way cerwin vegas, and a subwoofer. I flip back and forth to check my mixes as I work. Very handy. Also I can hook up a reference track to one of the inputs so i can seemlessly check my production against indeustry standard for quick reference. This is all I needed it for, And i was thinking of building my own passive box to do this, but I stumbled across the MON800 and it was cheaper than building my own, plus with alot of features. (some that ill never use) Ease of Use: No need for a manual with this thing, unless youre new at audio devices. Quality: I gave a 9, even though it is all plastic and weighs less than a pound. I have mine standing on its side, wedged between my LCD screen and a my desk hutch so it wont go anywhere. But for 40 bucks, I dont mind at all putting a little bit of heavy duty velcro on the bottom and sticking it to a surface, or wedging it between some heavy devices, etc. Value: for 40 bucks, Ill probably buy another one of these just to have laying around. They are useful for all kinds of handy audio routing, pro and consumer. If youre in the market for a BIG KNOB and dont need a big knob, then have a look at one of these units. Manufacturer Support: Never have needed support for behringer products. The Wow Factor: does what it should, for such a low price it makes it all kinds of sexy! Overall: Iv owned it for about 2 years at least, its got everything I need and some things i dont, but theres nothing missing fron the unit that I wished it had (besides XLR i/o)but that would make it more expensive, and bigger..

"Extremely functional for the home recorder." submitted May 22, 2009

By a customer from earthlink.net
Musical Background: Composer, multi-instrumentalist, sound designer
Music Style: Sort of a garage/industrial/techno thing, mostly. Also, incidental - i.e. soundtracks/sound fx to movies, animation, radio and t
Sound: Can't hear any noise in the unit, but I admit I have all my music and computer gear plugged into sound conditioners. I live in an old building with sketchy wiring, so I have to be extra-diligent about noise. Anyway it's a perfect match for what I needed - a central point of control for all my recording gear. Feature: I'd feel weird giving this ten stars, since I'm sure there's *something* out there that does more - but not for this price. This is exactly what I needed. Ease of Use: It's a snap to use. Barely glanced at the manual. Quality: Yes it's plastic, and not as heavy as my other Behringer products, but it's sitting in a cubby hole in my computer desk; it doesn't need to be 'road-worthy'. Value: Don't be shy about selecting the 'spy' option and sending Zzounds a lower advertised price. It works! And the unit is worth every penny. It drives my AKG K242HD headphones superbly (my computer soundcard wasn't... quite... doin' it), and gives me lots of options. Manufacturer Support: I've had one experience with Behringer support, when I had a question about a mixer. They answered my email right away, and solved my problem on the first attempt. Awesome. The Wow Factor: Behringer makes sturdy, functional, consumer-grade gear. It's not intended to be flashy. BUT - I can read all the text, see all the buttons and work the thing without hesitation, even in low light. Nice. Overall: I researched the hell out of this thing, along with a bunch of other stuff. Most of the stuff that was capable of doing what I needed was ten times the cost. And I saw a few reviews of people complaining about noise in the unit - but I've not had that problem at all. I'm extremely happy with this and yes, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if this one somehow got misplaced. I suspect from the snugness of the jacks in the back, to the clean sound and overall functionality of the unit, that it will be around for a long time.

"Very Decent for the price!!!" submitted March 13, 2013

By Jason L in LaGrange, GA
Musical Background: recording engineer for 10 years
Music Style: R&B, rap, gospel.
Overall: Keep in mind that the sound going out of this unit will be only as good as what goes into it. Having said that, you do get 3 outputs for 3 sets of monitors which is really cool. you have to be a little creative in order to use the talk back feature without the squeal of feedback. This unit allows you to spend your hard earned cash on other features of your equipment until you are ready for a Mackie Big Knob, etc. Solid, solid unit + low cost = worth every red cent.

"what do you expect for 40 bucks???" submitted March 25, 2006

Overall
Sound: As a monitor controller, this thing should NOT have a sound, but unfortunately it does... The circuitry generates some awful noise that that becomes noticeable when the volume knobs get to about 11 oclock. When turned to 1 or 2 oclock, it is intolerable. Keep the output to 10 oclock and it sounds OK. About what you'd expect from a $40 product. Feature: Awesome feature set for the money. Ease of Use: sure - plug it in, and it works. Easy to get around. Value: With the noise this thing generates/introduces, it gets a huge ding. I mean, we're trying to produce audio, so who wants a bunch of spitty noise in the speakers. But I remind myself this thing is only $40, and for that price, it's OK (thus a 5). This would probably be OK for a hobbyist, but no one serious about making music would want to listen to their monitors after running the signal through this thing. The Wow Factor: Do I want this? No way. Not ME. Like I said elsewhere, it would be OK for a hobbyist. Look at the Presonus or colemans. Overall: At this price point, its ok if you can tolerate it introducing a little ugly noise into your monitoring path. I'm returning mine and springing for something better, too bad its gonna cost me at least 10x more.

Behringer MON800 Mixer Customer Review submitted May 15, 2007

Music Style: world
Sound: I was a little unsure of buying this item after reading a bad review of mon800 for it's dirty sound. So the first thing I wanted to check out after bringing it home was the sound quality. I cranked up ALL mon800's controls to MAX and plugged in the headphones to expecting to here some noise, I heard nothing... no hiss crackles or anything like that. Feature: The multiple source inputs switching work great for me although being able route different sources to different outputs would have great too. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward. Quality: Sounds good. No hiss or any other noticeable noise. Value: For FORTY bucks? Even at twice that it would have a great value. Manufacturer Support: don't know, haven't tried it yet. The Wow Factor: Not that pretty looking. Overall: Go buy one and try it out. Don't listen to people who are testing this out with noisy input signals.

"Big Knob who?" submitted September 22, 2007

Musical Background: Songwriter/Engineer/Producer
Music Style: Rock, Hip-Hop
Sound: Quiet... the "sound" in this case meaning a lack of... as in quiet, no noise, and no obvious coloration. I looked at getting a Big Knob also and I seriously worried for the price that the Minimon would be noisy, but I cranked it up all the way and didn't hear *anything*. Awesome! Feature: You just can't ask for more for $40! I mean, a talk-back mic, 3 monitors outs, dim, mute, mono, aux in for an iPod or CD player to ref other mixes... come on! Ease of Use: Very easy to use... I only give it an 8 because it's very light weight (hey, it's plastic) so it tends to wanna tip backwards with the weigh of all the cables attached to it. But this can be remedied by putting some weight on top or pulling some slack onto your desk. Quality: So far so good. I mean, it is plastic and don't get me wrong, it's not going to impress anybody. But for serving it's purpose and being at the price point it is... it's a 10. Value: Best $40 I've spent on gear period! The Big Knob may be nicer and built like a tank, but it's also over 7 times the price! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I mean come on... there's nothing "sexy" about a monitor switcher. But that kinda misses the point so I say 10. Overall: I feel it's my duty to say for us guys on a budget that this can do the job of a Big Knob (minus the...ummmm....big knob) for a lot less money! Great product.

"ATTENION!" submitted February 14, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, recording engineer, composer, artist, and director
Music Style: Rap/ HIP-HOP
Sound: I mean its ok. Nothing spectacular but as a first by its ok. Feature: it has a lot of features like the lil microphone to talk to the person inside the booth thingy. Ease of Use: it is relatively easy to use. Quality: Its plastic and it tends to get hot. Value: it should sell for like 10. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: It does its job but its not like OOOO AWWW status. Overall: it got the job i needed it to done until i bout the edirol ua25.

"Bad Sound" submitted March 11, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Sound: This thing is bad, very bad, put any sound into it, it comes out slightly distorted, very unclean. Feature: Lots of features, but they dont help because the bad sound quality Ease of Use: Simple to use, Quality: If the sound of this unit reflects its quality, then is bad quality Value: Because of its bad sound I do not see any value in the Mon800 Manufacturer Support: The Behringer support is the worst, they ignore you The Wow Factor: No thanks, I do not want want this Overall: If you want good sound, good quality, then do not buy the Behringer Minimon800

"Minimon800" submitted February 6, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound of this thing is not good, not good at all. Very unclean, its adds a kind of dirt, distortion to the sound. This might be an interesting unit for an amateur, but for serious work, get something else. The Samson C Control is better in my opinion Feature: The Minimon 800 has all the features you wish,plenty of features, yes. But what good is this if it sounds as terrible as it does. Ease of Use: As with any monitor matrix. The buttons lite up when in use, this actually makes it easy to use, also in a darker room, as long as you remember which button is what. Quality: Behringer quality,its cheap, you can not expect quality for this price, but nevertheless, Behringer claims this unit is professional high quality, but its not.It does not matter if its plastic, or not. But in terms of sound quality - forget the Minimon. Some of the Behringer gear works for years, some breaks down within a few days. Its a kind of a lottery buying Behringer. Value: You pay little,you get little, guess for amateur use the value is OK Manufacturer Support: Have not heard good about their support. The Wow Factor: I do not want it,even if I would get it for free. Overall: Overall, if you mix via cheap speakers, of HiFi speakers this unit might be what you are looking for. But if you mix with high quality monitors, then you do not want a monitor matrix that has any negative influence on the sound.There are many monitor controllers on the market, I would spend more money and get something better.

"Behringer Minimon 800" submitted February 5, 2008

Musical Background: Prof Musician,
Sound: Sound, yes the there is a sound, whatver the sound is going into the Minimon, it comes out worse. Scratchy, Distorted, not nice, not clear, Well if you want a monitor switching matrix but do not care about sound quality, the get the Behringer Minimon.If you want quality, dont get the Minimon Feature: Features,yes, it has a lot of features, 4 stereo inputs, and you can connect 3 pairs of active monitors to it, its got a mono/stereo switch, mute and dim function, talkback mic and a headphone output with volume control. The switches, once pressed light up nicely, so you can make the Minimon 800 look like a christmas tree. The only problem is that probably a christmas tree sounds better than the Behringer's Minimon What is missing on the Minimon is the self destruction button Ease of Use: Its very easy to use, just connect it the right way and press the buttons, but turn down your monitors while you do that, there could be an awful clonk while switching the unit on or off Quality: Quality, its typical Behringer quality, it might last a while, it might not Value: You get what you pay for, you pay for Behringer, you get Behringer Manufacturer Support: My experience with Behringer support is bad, very bad, Behringer would love to be able to ignore your querys. And I guess often they do The Wow Factor: I tried it, thats why I do not want it Overall: Overall - well its a Behringer, nice lights, nice looks, but bad quality

When you call, mention priority code 1584-CDGX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976