When you call, mention priority code 170S-50MD

Rating and Reviews: Behringer HA4700

The Behringer HA4700 lets you provide up to 12 separate headphone outputs with 4 separate channels each with its own monitoring level control.

Overall

"good deal, good product, nice looking and does what it says " submitted September 27, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: rock, hip-hop, r nb, popular
Music Style: rock, hip-hop, r nb, popular
Sound: seems pretty flat Feature: its a gets a 10+ in this area more than enough for a headphone amp. you can plug into the front for easy access or the back to hide the cable...and it has some high and low eq knobs for tweeking plus both master and channels volumes Quality: at high volumes the right and left mute isnt 100% effective there is some residual distortion on the muted channels...however it is only for monitoring of a recorded signal so this wont affect me much. Value: this gets a ten you cant touch the same piece of gear with the similar quality for under $200. i paid 109.99 Manufacturer Support: im just going to go with nine here cuz i have never had to use it, i base this on the average of the other grades. The Wow Factor: it like most or all behringer gear looks quite nice...the sex appeal is there. im not sure if id sleep with it though ;) Overall: i have other behringer products and none have broken on me yet i use them id say about everyday...i guess ill use it til it doesnt serve it purpose anymore. the quality seems to be good.

"Best Bang for the Buck" submitted September 12, 2008

Musical Background: Professional Recording
Sound: Pretty flat response Feature: For the dollar it's good unit with features not found in more expensive units Ease of Use: Stupidly simple Quality: I've used it every day for 5 years.... I just had one channel go bad recently and it's distorting very badly. I'll buy another to replace this one. Value: Best Bang for your buck Manufacturer Support: never had to worry about it The Wow Factor: I don't care what it looks like. Just that it works...

"Great first date, but goes downhill from there." submitted October 26, 2009

Music Style: eclectic
Sound: The sound quality is decent enough to get the job done. It's nothing special, but for the price it's a pretty good deal. Feature: It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted. This is where it shines most. Ease of Use: Everything's laid out nicely, you might need a quick look at the manual for certain set-ups, but otherwise it's pretty obvious how it works. Quality: This is where I've been really disappointed. Yes, it has all the bells and whistles, and yes, it sounds ok, but it started to fall apart on me after about two years. I thought maybe I could fix it, but this product is made to be disposable, and was NEVER meant for repair, so when it breaks, game over. Buttons started to go faulty, pieces began to fall off, channels started to quit working. So you get a pretty nice little headphone amp, but it won't last very long, and is not made to be repaired (lots of glue on everything) Value: It starts out being a 10 on value, but then it falls apart fast, and down the road you realize you should have bought something that lasts and is better quality. The Wow Factor: Looks nice, great layout. Overall: I've got 2 out of the 4 channels on mine that still work mostly, although some of the features on those channels don't work right. I do like the layout of the device, but will buy from their competition the next time.

Behringer HA4700 Customer Review submitted October 5, 2004

Musical Background: Sound technician at a church
Sound: This unit is used for translation into headphones at a church. The sound itself is quite good but my unit does have a noise problem that can be attenuated by proper settings (I would rate it 8 if it was not for the noise problem). The noise depends on the type of connection (main with balanced cables are better and channel aux are worst) and the level of incoming sound (must be loud). Also, the output volume must be high on the unit (In our case, headphones have individual controls so I can have better sound by setting the volume high on the Behringer and low on the headphones). In fact, when the volume is set low on the unit, the noise is bigger on the headphones (which is not what someone would typically expect). The noise seems to be mainly 60Hz hum but the noise is not very regular and there are also some clicks... Feature: Well, feature are quite good. I like the fact that we can plug a bunch of inexpensive headphones with an impedence of 32ohms each. I can plug 4 of them per channel since the unit can drive a load of 8 ohms (in fact since my headphone do have a volume control, I should even be able to drive more headphones if the volume is set at an intermediate volume --- which should be the case in our application). I like the ability to select multiple source as one channel is used for the translator(s) and the other channel are used for the translation into 1 or eventually 2 languages. Quality: Well, the quality seems ok but it does feels cheap particulary for the knobs that seems fragile and maybe also for the 1/4" inputs and outputs (it's ok but ot does not feel though). Also the noise problem let me believe that there were tradeoff between quality and price in the design. Value: Another similar product from Samson cost at least 30% more... but the quality seems to be a lot better (I tried only at the store) at least for the knobs feeling. Manufacturer Support: Never used it so I don't knows except that for a while, those products where difficult to have here in Canada and I have to wait my unit a few weeks when I ordered it. The Wow Factor: The technical specification are interesting... but the look is not great and the quality seems to be medium. Overall: Well, I might try a bit harder about the noise problem I have and then try to see if the problem is specific to my unit or my environment...

"I wish someone made one just like it, with higher quality parts!" submitted May 24, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: over 40 years in the business.
Music Style: All kinds.
Sound: Sounds ok Feature: great features Quality: Cheap parts... noisey pots, etc. (I wish this weren't true...charge a little more and use decent parts) Value: You get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: I don't really know The Wow Factor: Not exactly sure what that means!

"Love I!" submitted November 5, 2013

By Doug W in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years exp., Guitar, Bass, Drums, and sing lead and harmony. Semi-Pro/Studio
Music Style: Country, Bluegrass, Folk and Jazz
Overall: this headphone amp for the money works as advertised. We use it as our in ear monitors (wired of course) and our soung has evolved into being a joy on stage. There are no more feedback issues and we can really use the EQ on the front of the house without any issues...

"Its a Behringer" submitted October 31, 2008

Overall
Sound: Sound, well, OK its a headphone amp, nothing that comes through there will be recorded, so therefore the quality of sound does not matter that much. The sound of this amp, well, its Behringer and sounds like a Behringer. If you want a headphone amp that sounds good, then do not buy this one, as a matter of fact, if you want a good sound, stay away. The sound of this unit is scratchy, not clear as it should be. Feature: Yes, the features on this unit are great, but the sound..... Ease of Use: Its easy to use,maybe just a bit more difficult than others due to the extensive features Quality: Quality, well its Behringer "Will it still work tomorrow?" OK, some have Behringer products and they work since years, ..but you never know Value: You get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: Their European support is terrible,they want that you buy their product and after this they don't want to know you anymore The Wow Factor: I have it, bought it due to its features. Would the criteria have been "sound" I would not have bought it Overall: Overall, its good for the money if it keeps working

"Esthetically, Amazing; Sonically, Disappointing." submitted February 1, 2011

Musical Background: Film Composer
Music Style: Ambient, World, Electronic
Sound: Sound is great... on the first channel. Channel 2 you can hear static, Channel 3, it's pretty bad... and channel 4 was unbearable. I thought it was just my unit, but when I exchanged it, the second one did the same thing. To test my theory, I plugged into the one my retailer had on their display rack... Same result. I tried different headphones... many headphones simultaneously plugged in, multiple cables inputting, no cables, volume up, volume down, and it made no difference. I think Behringer should redesign their circuitry to something similar to PreSonus' HP4 to get the clarity that is even remotely competitive. Feature: Good features... wish I could've used them. Ease of Use: Never been more impressed by how simple it was to use - even with the options! Quality: Everything looked great, felt great, smelt great, and I'm sure it would've even tasted great... but the sound was horrible... and that's really why I bought it. Value: No. People don't buy things just because they're at a good price anymore... People are looking for value. As a headphone amp, it over delivered in features, but all I really expected was to plug it in and hear a high-quality reproduction of content. I don't think it's too much to ask for, and I don't think it's that hard to make. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I was really really excited to have this puppy in my rack. looks great... takes less room on my desk... and where my rack is, would've been a great place to plug in headphones. too bad, they couldn't make the sound come through properly. Overall: I have replaced this product within 3 hours of purchasing. I liked the fact that it had great features, but was extremely disappointed that it couldn't reproduce sound through channels 2 - 4; regardless of how I set it up.

"Low quality audio..." submitted August 28, 2010

By a customer from videotron.ca
Music Style: Jazz, Classical, Trance, RnB
Sound: It can play very loud. But that's it. There is a lot of "hum" noise, even when all controls are lowered and no cables plugged. At low to moderate listening level, the noise is very annoying. At higher level, the sound become agressive in the high frequencies. This is not a good audio component. Feature: All the features I wanted and more than I needed. Ease of Use: Very intuitive to use. Quality: Fit and finish is not bad. Knobs and switches feels ok. But because of the noise in all channels and every connection configurations, I guess that the inside parts quality must be rather low. Value: The price vs functions/flexibility is good, but the quality is not there. The Wow Factor: The unit is great looking. Overall: It is useless for me because of the bad audio quality.

Behringer HA4700 Customer Review submitted July 29, 2004

Overall
Sound: Great transparent sound. What more can you ask for? Behringer is so under rated just because of their prices. High quality gear for cheap. I'm not saying your getting the best of the best, but this is serious gear, not a low end toy.

"Cheap headphone amp - don't expect more than 18 months out of it." submitted October 20, 2005

Musical Background: Professional musician/producer
Music Style: Rock, dance
Sound: Ok sound Feature: Ok features Quality: Completly useless after 13 months. Will not even power up anymore. Value: I guess you get what you pay for. this is a $100 - headphone amp that lasts for 1 year only. Manufacturer Support: No help there The Wow Factor: looks ok Overall: I have never had something break so fast.

When you call, mention priority code 170S-50MD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976