When you call, mention priority code 160R-RML9

Rating and Reviews: Behringer GM108 V-Tone

The Behringer GM108 is a great amp for practice. Its V-Tone modeling technology makes the Behringer GM108 a great choice for playing any genre of music.

"Buy this amp if you have a lick of sense!" submitted October 25, 2004

By a customer from netzero.com
Musical Background: Active musician: school, church, casuals
Music Style: rock, praise, childern's classics, American folk
Sound: Excellent sound for an amp of this size. I use it for practice, in my classroom (I'm a 5th grade teacher), and on stage--miked through the sound system. I play rock, praise music, and American classics/folk music, so I require versatility--and does this amp ever have it!! I run a Korg synth, a Kurzweil SP, and electric guitars through it, and it handles whatever I throw its way with poise and power. 15 watts never sounded so good to me. Feature: Great features on this little "can-do" amp. The various settings--you can combine to select over 30--create mood and sounds that aren't available on most other amps, no matter what the size and cost. This little guy touts itself as a "true analog modeling amp," and it truly is (usually that marketing stuff is just hype). I love the ability to play CDs through it while I jam--excellent for practice, and in my case to help my students sing along (I am tone deaf). I have only been using it for a month, but the components have been fine; I have been using a Behringer Eurodesk soundboard for 2 years with little trouble, if that's an indicator. Quality: It is a great looking, and seemingly very solid, little amp. Only a month in, I think it will last a long time. On the road, it would be a practice/hotel room amp; it was not really designed for stage use, but it is rugged and will hold up well. Value: About 60 bucks for a quality little amp--it's about time!!! Manufacturer Support: Behringer is about like every other large company--I hate them all equally! Make sure you get a good dealer is my advice. I have not needed to contact this company, however. The Wow Factor: I get great comments from eveyone who sees it--musicians like the way it llks as much as the way it sounds. Overall: Overall, this is a great amp for the price, and if I have to, I will replace it with the same product. It has all I need for the many uses I require, and the sound is excellent--from nasty to sweet at the flick of a front-placed switch.

"Unbelievable Value" submitted February 1, 2005

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: professional musician - bass
Music Style: all
Sound: I couldn't believe an amp that cost less than a stomp box would sound this good. I own two vintage tube amps - a 50watt and 100watt, which are useless for practicing at home. This amp sounds GREAT and doesn't give my wife a migraine. Feature: Very nice selection of tones. Only thing I wish it had was reverb. Quality: Again, for less than a price of a stomp box I expected a real el-cheapo product -well it isn't. Value: This is an amazing value for a practice amp. It is not an amp for jamming or playing with a band. Manufacturer Support: No need. The Wow Factor: You can't go wrong for the money. Overall: I am a pro bass player who plays guitar for fun. Have a 1,400 watt bass rig - try practicing with that at home! I have had a Hartke B20 practice amp for the bass sitting under a coffee table for 5 years. The Behringer fits under the same coffee table with room to spare. Now I can practice the guitar or bass whenever I want - perfect.

"The little amp that DID!" submitted August 22, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Metal, blues
Sound: The sound of the product is awesome, since it has different settings you can tweak it to make it sound the way you want. From super clean to dirty. It's a practice amp, wouldn't hold up volume wise on stage, but I could see doing some recording with it. Feature: The only thing that would make this amp the best little practice amp around is if it had some reverb, but you can't have it all. Ease of Use: VERY easy to use Quality: I got mine used from a friend, who is an active musician like me, so I know he takes care of his stuff while using it a lot. So it's stood up to abuse well Value: More then worth the price! Great amp for little money The Wow Factor: Practical addition to my music Overall: This will likely be the only practice amp I own. I'll add a stomp box for it but otherwise it's good to go the way it is.

"A detailed review, if you really care." submitted January 10, 2005

Musical Background: Musician, Home recorder
Music Style: Everything but those 40,000 dance electronica genres
Sound: Ironically, the amp sounds better through headphones than through the speaker; but if you don Feature: Of course, the real selling feature of this amp is the ability to switch amp models, which is unique in an amp of this price range, so it gets big points for that, and for having l-m-h tone knobs, though those are becoming standard in this class. But as I say in the SOUND section, the modeling options are not on a par with full-fledged amp modelers which have built-in effects. So, if it's definitely a practice amp you need, this is the way to go, but you are better off spending a little more and getting either a better amp or a modeler. Quality: This amp seems really solid, but I own lots of Behringer stuff and one thing I know about them is they use a lot of plastic on the inside. The 1/4" jacks on my V-ampire are plastic and the input crumbled instantly under a little strain. Also, having had to take apart three different Behringer items, I can tell you that they really love GLUE (they pour it all over everything inside to keep stuff in place, so replacing parts gets to be a fun three hours of scraping and pulling), and in the case of my V-ampire, the holes were so mismatched between the chassis and the case, it took THREE adults almost an hour to get the screws back in, two twisting and squeezing the cab while the other tried to get the screws in. Of course, at this price, the GM108 is virtually disposable. Value: When placed in comparison with other amps this size, this is definitely a good value. The only one I've seen that might compare would be the smallest Randall, but I've not had a chance to hear it personally and have read mixed things about it. The Wow Factor: I really wanted this one specifically for the modeling, but that has turned out to be a bit disappointing.

"Wonderful Product. Worth the money." submitted December 29, 2008

By personal
Musical Background: Hobby
Music Style: Rock Meatal
Sound: Sound is incredible. With this amp you can change the sound to a killer lead sound, to a warm bluesy sound, to a bright acoustic sound. Verry useful. Responds well to effects. Feature: Very heavy duty components and knobs. well made. useful features include amp changers, speaker changers,drive,low,mid,high, and master volume, Headphone jack, and a CD input. Ease of Use: There are premade settings that come in the user manual that are very useful. once you get used to this product it is easier to switch the sound type. there are many different settings. Quality: heavy duty. Made well. It will probably last a lifetime if you don't beat it up. Value: Very good value. worth it. Manufacturer Support: the company's service number is available. No problems yet. The Wow Factor: It dosent look like a big deal when you are looking at it on the computer or on a catologe. it is amazing in person. Overall: As i Said

"read" submitted August 28, 2005

By a customer from linkinpark.com
Overall
Sound: the sound is really good every beginner should have one Feature: this amp has alot of features and alot of different effects Quality: i've had for 6 months and nothing bad has happened Value: it's cheap and it's really good what else can i say Manufacturer Support: never had to talk to them The Wow Factor: this is really cool looking too Overall: i think i'm going to use this amp forever

"Honest Review." submitted January 6, 2005

Musical Background: Guitarist
Music Style: Grunge,, Light Rock, 60's.
Sound: The sound is really good. Oh, the best thing ever, is the equalizer. It's just amazing :) Feature: The features are basic, High,med, low, volume, but the reason it got a 9, is becuase of the Equalizer, its truley something you want if you have some money laying around. But it didn't get a 10 becuase of no treble and bass. Sure you can do it with H/M/L but i prefer the T/B knobs. Quality: Its pretty good. For this price. It has a good headphone jack. Value: Best Value EVER. Cheap, Lots of features for this price. Great sound, easy, just something awesome. Manufacturer Support: I dont know. The Wow Factor: Sure it may not LOOK Sexy, but it IS sexy. Overall: The Best.

"Diverse, rich tones galore." submitted May 18, 2005

Music Style: rock, funk, punk
Sound: This amp has such a wide range of distortion sounds... rich, classic rock grunge, punk, it can be used for any style. The clean is full. I wouldn't change a thing. The Wow Factor: Size doesn't matter... this thing is awesome as a practice amp... it doesn't need to be blasted at all. Fits easily in most overhead compartments.

"A great amp for the money!" submitted October 21, 2013

By Richard Warren in Deland, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 38 years on Guitar,Bass and keyboards play in the garage and bars.
Music Style: Rock,blues,some country.
Overall: I love the variety of tones that it delivers.Can be miked up for gig's.

"What a great value....." submitted May 16, 2009

By a customer from aim.com
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Classic Rock, Metal, Accoustic,
Sound: For its price it has a great crunch and incredible clean. Feature: I wish it had reverb, but again its a great amp for the price. Ease of Use: its got labeled knobs and switches, its not that hard to figure out. Quality: Ive beat this thing up for 3 years and it still works great. It is so durable. Value: I wish there was an 11. The best value ever. Manufacturer Support: The company has horrible support. When my wah-wah broke it was impossible to get through to support, and when i did, they werent even that helpful, I had to fix it on my own. The Wow Factor: I beginner would want it but its defienetly not for a more adanced player. Overall: I expect to give this to my brother once I get my Line 6. But its a great beginner amp.

"What a great little amp!!" submitted March 14, 2006

Overall: I would keep evrything that this amp has but I am looking for something with a little more power and digital effects. The one thing that I don't like about thit amp is that it dosn't have a compleatly closed back.Otherwise I am verry satisfied.

"i couldn't think of a clever title so just read my review" submitted November 29, 2004

By n/a
Overall
Musical Background: very very active musician
Music Style: any thing that DOSE NOT involve power-cords
Sound: cool Feature: cool could be better but cool Quality: sturdy for sure. no loose parts yet nice and loud Value: its great for what its worth Manufacturer Support: it would be better to save your money but it is still a good amp The Wow Factor: i have one dont need to want one ... ONE! Overall: overall its a great amp it woul be cool bigger but what are ya gonna do

"DON'T BUY!" submitted September 6, 2008

Overall
Sound: Seriously, there are alot better amps out there. THis amp is pretty loud for it's size I have to addmitt but other than that the sound really isn''t that good. My advice, spend more money, get a better amp, if you don't have the money save up and it'll be worth it. Feature: I actually thought the features weren't that bad and they would be better if the sound didn't suck so much. The analog modeling is actually kinda cool but still it doesn't make up for the sound. Ease of Use: This is probably the easiest amp I have ever used but again it is a practice amp and it sucks. Quality: Again, this amp was actually made pretty well. I have had it for 3 years and it still sounds the same as when I got it. I even dropped it out of a moving car one time(don't ask how) and it still worked perfectly afterwards. Value: NO THIS ISN'T WORTH THE SELLING PRICE! It is a reliable amp but still the sound sucks horibaly. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use The Wow Factor: It is a good practice amp and if you have a bunch of pedals and such effects than I would totalyh recomend buying this amp but if you aren't rich and don't have a million dollars and a bunch of pedals then don't buy this. Overall: DONT BUY THIS AMP!

"Behringer beauty" submitted July 13, 2004

Music Style: all kinds
Sound: This shares similar sound characteristics of the other Behringer V-tones, tube emulation circutry which gives the amp a warm tone. If you have some effects to add on tube emulation circutry is not needed or desired as it "colors the sound". Acually if you want to add on effects like a zoom 505 or other amp simulator it's best to buy an amp without this feature. This amp like all the other V-tones is weak on clean tone....it's necessary to raise the gain up to the middle position to get any acceptable volume, just lower the amps drive when you do this. Also The Behringer v-tones have this thumping percussive effect when you hit the strings with your pick. I have never heard anyone comment on this before but it is there. My GMX110 V-tone amp does this also. Feature: it could use reverb but if you dial in your sweet spot you probably won't miss it. Quality: great quality Value: good value, the amp is really worth about 80 bucks I would say The Wow Factor: This amps best feature is it's killer price. The distortion is more versatle than amps like the Roland microcube which I also own. The microcube has great reverb but the distortion on this amp is more variable and flexible. Overall: This is a killer amp. It needs to be louder on the clean channel just like all the other V-tone amps.

When you call, mention priority code 160R-RML9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976