When you call, mention priority code 14HM-TWV6

Rating and Reviews: Behringer BX600 Bass Amp

1 x 12 in. speaker. 4-band EQ.

"kick ass rig for no money" submitted June 21, 2006

Musical Background: active musician, 2 local bands, hobbyist
Music Style: rock, garadge, anything wiht meaningful lyrics
Sound: the sound is very good, i suppose a more expensive amp might sound better but for the money, this amp is wehre its at man, Feature: it has good features, nothing fancy, but its just strait up 60 watts, u can "shape" the sound and that is realy cool, Ease of Use: very easy to use, my first amp louder than 10 watts so i wanted sumthing easy to figure out, and this amp is very simple, now i have the behringer cab w/ 2 10" metal cone speakers and a 300Watt ashdown head, and it totally rocks, loud as hell Quality: i have had this amp for over 4 years, and i have had ZERO problems wiht it, i still use it sum, i have played with it as a stage monitor for gigs as large as 700 people, ofcourse they mic'd it but my tone sounded very good through the p.a. speakers Value: this is a great deal, u cant find a better 60 watt amp for $160, use it for a few years then upgrade, great value though, i bought this amp cuz i only had $170, i didnt know what to expect, it totally rocks Manufacturer Support: i give em an 8 cuz i have never had to deal wiht it, The Wow Factor: i guess, i wanted it cuz i had no money basically, but its not very sexy, but it does get tha job done Overall: great product, loud for $160 , id buy another one if i was still on a budget, it works for band practice, small gigs, stage monitor(as i used it for 3 years)

"Awsome amp, Awsome price, Awsome sound" submitted February 26, 2005

Overall
Music Style: rock, metal, classic, all different kinds
Sound: This amp is awsome, especially for its price! this amp sounds great to and it looks awsome! it gives me just the right tone and I love ths shape feature. it is compatible with about all music styles I beleive. Feature: all this product came with is the stuff you need for the amp, but what else do you really need? the most useful features are the high and low mids and definetely the shape feature ( if you play slap the shape feature makes it sound better) Quality: this product is made about as good as it gets I think. I haven't had any problems with this amp at all! I dont have to depend on a back up amp at all. it would be awsome for use on the road! it seems as if this product will last forever, and it has a self limiter on it so you can't blow the speakers very easily Value: this price is awsome! I dont think you could get a better deal for this item. Manufacturer Support: um.. I haven't had to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: it even just looks awsome, and it can hook up to your tv for a surround sound system! Overall: I think I will be satisfied with the product until I dont play any more

"WELL WORTH THE PRICE. A BIG SOUND FOR A LITTLE AMP." submitted December 10, 2003

Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Showtunes
Sound: I'm really surprised by reading some of the negative comments below. I was amazed at how big a sound I got out of this 60 watt combo amp. My intention was to use this soley for teaching lessons. I've wound up using it for most of my mid-sized jazz gigs. I play a fretless through this and the sound is really clear for a combo. Feature: The shape really helps you identify a certain sound and go with it. Quality: The only problem I've had is a piece of plastic snapping off of the end of a handle. Value: You really can't beat it for the price. Manufacturer Support: I've not had to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: It has fit several uses. I just needed something with two inputs to plug me and a student in at the same time. It has turned out to be a real work horse. Overall: This amp has paid for itself already. Really...you CAN"T beat the sound for a 60 watt combo at this price. Someone below complains that it doesn't put out that much sound. Believe me, the sound is HUGE for 60 watts. This comes from a pro with nearly 30 years playing experience.

"house rumbling utilitarian amp, at a rock bottom price"

By a customer from msn.clom
Overall
Music Style: punk, jam, ska, hardcore
Sound: sound is very clear, and can be shaped and tweaked with the shape filter and eq nobs. a couple of months after i got it i started to get some feedback, but its not that bad Feature: this product doesnt have many features, just the low, low mid, high mid, and high eq's and the shape filter, no built in effects like reverb and chorus, but it gets the job done Quality: havent had any problems except the cover to the metal piece that attaches the handle to the amp popped off, and that can just be popped back on if you dont like the hardcore metal look Value: this amp, although lacking in special features, is a no nonsense house shaking piece of craftsmanship for a rock bottom price Manufacturer Support: i havent needed to deal with the customer support, but assuming how good the product is i think the support would be just as good The Wow Factor: its the dynamizer baby! Overall: i think i will keep this amp for a while,it has enough power to do small shows, and is reliable so it will last for as long as i want to keep it

"This amp kicks ass and have the best sound I've heard out of 60 watts and sounds great playin slap." submitted August 22, 2003

Music Style: Rock and funk
Sound: Sounds awesome, great for rock or slap. Feature: Great sensitivity from the range knobs. Great for active or passive basses. Quality: There's no vibrations at any volume or bass level. Very durable casing. Value: Lower cost than any other name brand products. The Wow Factor: Looks like it packs power. Overall: Great product for anyone playing any style bass.

"a perfect amp for practices or small venues" submitted March 25, 2005

Musical Background: activre musician
Music Style: punk , alternitive , grunge
Sound: NICE, I've played a large autatorium with it and still was louder than my drummer. Good for all around bands playing small venues or practicing Feature: it has a nice active or passive inputs allowing you to have 2 bassed pluged in, 2 channels Quality: very strong Value: its a steel Manufacturer Support: I have talked to the people at behringer and they were pretty cool The Wow Factor: i own so Overall: i love this amp, ive played it wide open for hours. Its made to last

"Buy This Now Or Be Sorry Later" submitted May 15, 2003

Music Style: All
Sound: Huge and loud. Can't believe the bang to buck ratio. Have a hard time getting it to play quietly. This thing is BIG and HEAVY. Feature: Dynamizer: a frequency shift plus a four band EQ assures great sound at any volume. Quality: Volume pot was a little crackly at the less-than-one setting right out of the box. Otherwise, no other issues to report. Value: You'll find nothing else like this in this price range. You will not be disappointed. Other amps in this range are half the size, half the sound. The Wow Factor: Serious amp. Overall: How can you go wrong? No limitations as of yet. All the features you want, all the sound & big bottom.

"Don't hesitate to buy one !" submitted May 10, 2003

By a customer from twcny.rr.com
Music Style: many
Sound: Great sound and good power ! Feature: needs ex speaker jack Quality: Nicely built, came with crack in amp handle cover and stains on top of unit on each side, won't come off !!! Value: Absolutly the best Manufacturer Support: They stand behind products The Wow Factor: nice little portable unit still little heavy Overall: Completely satisfied

"Great value for the money." submitted November 18, 2003

Overall
Music Style: Jazz, blues, comtempary, gospel.
Sound: I'm a guitar player who wanted to learn bass. I bought this amp as a practice amp, which it's design for and have had no problems. I think some review here expect it to be a performing amp in a band, it was not design for that, just a practice amp. Feature: The shape knob gives from thin to fat sounds and I think the pre-amp out and power-amp in could be very useful for recording or chaining up with a more powerful amp where you could use the BX600 pre-amp. Quality: I think the plastic knobs look little weak but have not have any problems with them. Value: High value for the amount of money you spend. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to contact the company at all, no problems with the amp. The Wow Factor: Its a plain Jane in looks but thats not real important. Overall: I will use it for a long time as a practice amp, if I were to preform with the bass then I would go for more watts. They say a bass amp needs 4 times more power than the guitar amp that you will be playing in a band.

"Can't beat this...(for the money)" submitted January 31, 2006

Overall
Music Style: country, rock and blues
Sound: I bought this amp for a regular casino gig I had because I didn't want to lug around my rig....I wanted something cheap with O.K. tone.....well cheap it is but the tone is way better than i expected....can handle lots of lows and the thing cranks for 60 watts....you never know with behringer but trust me, they got it figured out with this one....great tone and cheap. Feature: features are great....nice and simple....too many bells and whistles screw things up....you get everything you need with this puppy....simple is the way to go!!! Quality: I've gotta be honest here...this amp sounds good but it isn't really built that well....however, play it for a few years and then trash it....I'm sure if you're not carting it around too much, it will last forever.....I guess if they built it like a tank. they'd put everybody out of business Value: Can't touch it for the money!!!! Manufacturer Support: behringer is slow (at least in Canada) but the music store will take care of me well if something goes wrong... ( have not used behringer supoort for this product....but i'm sure it's all the same) The Wow Factor: well I own it so there you go... Overall: This is the best little combo for the money....better tone will cost you 3 times more money!!!!

"Sound, price and features: 10. Workmanship: 4" submitted July 14, 2004

By a customer from worldnet.net
Music Style: Rock and blues
Sound: I rated this a few months ago as 10 out of 10 in all catagories. I was very impressed by the amp. I still like it and I still rate it very high, except for quality fo manufacture. It is still a great buy for the price. Quality: After a couple on months a rattle developed (See "Good, for a while" below). It quickly got so bad it was impossible to play. Fortunately, I found a local shop that serviced Behringer. They found that the nuts had loosened on the speaker. This is absolutely inexcusable, did Behringer think there were no vibrations in a bass amp. This is a small problem, but very annoying. It was fixed for free, but out of service to a couple of weeks. I know they were rushing units out for Christmas (and were late). Hopefully they will get their act together and take the time to assemble the amps correctly. Manufacturer Support: There was some delay in getting approval for the repair, but no real hassles. It was easy to find some info on the web site but it was not very helpful in finding a local service center. They need to do better in helping buyers find near-by sevice. The Wow Factor: I still want it. Overall: I still love this amp. I was surprised and disappointed at the poor workmanship. I hope it is OK now that it is serviced, but we shall see.

"Good amp, Good price." submitted July 1, 2006

Musical Background: in a band
Sound: My bass teacher uses this and it has a really good deep tone to it. I borrowed it once to use for a school talent show and it was loud enough just on 3. I want to get one soon because its so good for the money. it sounds great in a small basement or a big gym. Feature: I really like that this amp has shape control. It works good. Its got so many outs and ins that i dont know what half of them do. but its got alot. Ease of Use: I dont know what half the ins and outs do but other then that its really easy to use. I just plugged in and started playing away when I used it. Its easy to get the right sound since its got shape control. Quality: this amp is pretty heavy meaning its pretty strong. seem really sturdy and strong. the finish is good. it would be good for small gigs and on the road use. Definately good for practice too. Value: This amp has obviously got really good value. some other brands have amps that arent half this big but cost more! most behringer products seem to have good value. I'd buy it for twice the price if I could. The Wow Factor: I just love how this amp looks. its not all big lettered and covered with annoying words. it like it alot. Overall: I think this would last along time because I wouldnt turn it up all the way like some people might. theres no need since its so loud anyway. I'd like if it had the cd input though.

Behringer BX600 Bass Amp Customer Review submitted April 10, 2004

Music Style: Blues, Gospel
Sound: Amazing sound for such a small amp. Feature: This amp has a wealth of tone features. Quality: The fit and finish is good. Value: For the price its an excellent buy Manufacturer Support: no experience The Wow Factor: That doesen't affect my decision much Overall: I expect to use this amp for a long time.

"GOOD FOR SMALL GIGS AND SHORT PRACTISES." submitted October 18, 2005

Musical Background: Band member
Sound: Sounds nice but isnt realy as loud as you would expect a 60 watt amp to be. The guitarist in my band uses a 50 watt marshall and he can get WAY louder than me. Feature: the line out is pretty cool. I plug my tuner into that, its a quick and easy way to tune on stage. Quality: The first one i had, fuse burnt. I got it replaised because it had 1 yr warenty on it. The one i have now isnt any better. Not good at all for long band practises. It heats up like lightning wich meens i have to stop playing and wait 30 mins for it to cool down. I only play with the volume half way aswell. Value: Its cheep. I wouldnt recomend buying it though. If your looking for a loud bass amp and dont have much money ive heard good things about laney. The Wow Factor: Nothing special Overall: Ive had it for just over a year and have been having problems ever since i brought it. Im looking for a new amp atm.

"EXCELLENT BASS AMP!" submitted August 3, 2005

Musical Background: Gigging musician
Music Style: Chrisitan, Hardcore, Metalcore
Sound: This amp is extremely versatile, and can be made to sound like anything. You cna make a real punchy, punk-bass sound, or get it to sound like an Ampeg. This bass amp works really well with my band, who uses a dropped guitar tuning and a 5-string bass. The low end can be shaped really well with the Shape feature. Feature: This bass amp is obviously made for live and recording use. Although I use it every week in a worship band and have never used it recording, I can tell you that for either use, this is PERFECT. The 4-band EQ helps in getting a good sound, but the Shape function just cant be beat. If you want to record, it has multiple line-outs and you can also power a larger cabinet with this through the preamp out. Quality: EXTREMELY well made. This thing is HEAVY!!!!!!! I do not expect to have any problems with cheaply-made parts when using this amp. Sure, its no Ampeg stack, but for $160, it is better than some $500 Hartke bass heads! My friend has an SWR LA115 that cannot even begin to compare to this, and it is much smaller in size and sound! Value: If I hadn't known the retail proce on this amp, I would have expected to pay about $300. You just cant get better than this amp! Don't waste money on an SWR which has 1/2 the features and sound of this. Get this and you will not be disappointed! Manufacturer Support: Although I haven't had to deal with the company (which is a good thing), they give you multiple numbers for tech support and websites to visit. I think the Behringer company is very customer-friendly. The Wow Factor: I was very "wowed" upon first using this. I had reason to be skeptical before I recieved it, not having heard or used it before, but all that skepticism disappeared when I played it. If this one would ever break, I would buy the same exact thing again in a second. Overall: I may never be as satisfied with another bass amp as I am with this one. I have used Hartke, SWR, Laney, Peavey, and Behringer bass amps, and was always most satisfied with the Behringer.

"Can't be beat at this price range."

Overall
Sound: For $139 you can't get any better. 12" speaker really makes a difference. Feature: Good features but line out is a little noisy. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. Dont need them yet.

Behringer BX600 Bass Amp Customer Review submitted April 3, 2006

Musical Background: active musican
Music Style: metal punk hardcore ska and gospel
Sound: this is a cool sounding amp when i play it through my ibanez i bought this amp of a friends recemendation and it has lots of features and a good sound it just is a little big 4 a 60 watt but it is still a great practice/ preformance amp and u camt beat the price

"Awesome amp, get it if you're thinking about it." submitted January 7, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Bass player in a band.
Music Style: pop-punk to hardcore
Sound: I was so impressed the first time I plugged my bass into this amp. It sounds awesome, and it's a lot louder than I ever expected. If you're wanting to piss people off by shaking your entire house, this amp is for you. Feature: The shape control is awesome. Period. I switch between playing off of my jazz and p-pickups so this function is great for it. Quality: Awesome, Behringer makes a really nice product. Value: Best bass amp you're going to find for it's price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with the company yet, but I'm sure they'd be helpful. The Wow Factor: Have it.

"Works for me!" submitted December 31, 2005

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Amateur musician
Music Style: All
Sound: If your looking for BIG bass with a BIG bottom, this isn't for you. But when used within it's capabilities, this is perfectly fine amp. The four band EQ and the shape circuitry will let you tailor the sound as you want it. It also sounds good running electric guitar through it. Feature: There is a lot of versatility with the various ins and outs. Quality: I've owned this over a year, and though I don't through it around like a gorilla, it does get out of the house occasionally. I haven't had any problems. Value: I'd say this is a good value, when you consider the price. Just don't expect it to be something for nothing. I think some of the people who buy these things expect it to be a 100 watt Bassman or something. I think it's fine for practice, small groups, acoustic music and so on. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use it. Overall: I'm satisfied. Like I said, I've had it over a year. It does everything I expect it to and what I need.It met my expectations and then a little more.

Behringer BX600 Bass Amp Customer Review submitted August 4, 2004

Overall
Sound: its sounds awsome Quality: only had it one day but its the awsome so far Value: this is the nest amp you can't get for the price Overall: get this amp i got it for my band and its the best amp i'v ever used

"Buy it." submitted January 14, 2006

By a customer from hotmail.net
Overall
Musical Background: band member,shool band,jazz band.
Music Style: punk,jazz,classical,speed metal,thrash,blues,rock,reggae
Sound: It sounds nice, the eq and shape get a variety of sounds. Feature: nice features, can plug phones and cd player in. Quality: Some ppl say it will start rattling in a few months,it wont,just make shure it has the right speaker and youll be fine.If its not the right one send it in for a replacement,or buy a upgrade. Otherwise ive had no problems with it.You seriously can beat the sound for the money.Its plenty loud for my band practice and when we play small gigs. Value: if no problems occur, you just made a good investment.I couldnt afford to spend any money(poor high school student) so this was a great buy. Manufacturer Support: N/A but heard its bad. The Wow Factor: its big and built like a tank. Overall: ill use this amp until a i get a better job and get a half stack.

"good for a few weeks" submitted January 7, 2005

Musical Background: bassist
Music Style: rock metal jazz
Sound: the tone is awsome Feature: theres a shape knob which gives it a better eq Quality: i have had this for a month...on the first day the amp developed a slight rattle. a couple weeks later it worsened and one of the knobs(shape) stopped doing anything. Value: u pay for what u get(piece ot crap) Manufacturer Support: havent got around to callin em up The Wow Factor: still like and want it

Behringer BX600 Bass Amp Customer Review submitted November 6, 2003

By a customer from socal.rr.com
Music Style: Jazz, Funk, Fusion, Alternative
Sound: Good, thundering sound. I believe this is a very powerful amp. Some say it's good for small gigs and such, but I personally think this can handle just a bit more. The bass is excellent. If you're big on bass, you can get a thick sound that disturbs the air around you. You can get good percussion with the bass and mid frequencies. The treble is amazingly sharp and crisp. I don't think this is that great for slap, comparing it to my experiences on a Hartke combo, but I'd bet a good penny that this will do very well for rock and punk. Feature: Features are okay. Volume, low, low mid, high mid, high, shape, and a few other jacks for input and output stuff. The handle for the amp could be better. I don't carry it around, but I bet the handle'll snap easily - this amp is huge and heavy. Quality: This amp is strong and big. I haven't abused it and it sounds great. The sound crackles when you tweak the volume around the 0 to 2 area. Value: Good sound, good quality, big size. This thing is big. It makes my room feel crowded. This is actually bad for me, since my room is small. I'd like it to be a bit smaller and compact. Overall, good value - not great. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them. Will not rate. The Wow Factor: I needed an amp. I was using a friend's (the Hartke combo) before and wanted my own that I didn't have to tote around all the time. Bought this after a bit of research. Doesn't look that fantastic, just really big for a 60 watt amp. Overall: Good amp - not great. You get more for your buck with this one. I'll be keeping this for a while - it provides good sound, flexibility, and the ability to send tremendous thuds to the ground.

"BAD BAD BAD !!!!" submitted May 28, 2005

Overall
Sound: Sounds clear & punchy when new, but after a while the sound starts to fade, the bass & ultrabass simply grind the speaker to the bone. After a few months, the speaker collapses. Not very durable, to be honest, not durable at all. Feature: It has all the nice features you'd expect from a respectable bass combo, but you just can't use them at full capacity (just try the ultrabass, or the shape over 2/3, hehe). Quality: The mark says it all. I wouldn't even begin to think of buying this product again. Really. Value: Waste your money on something else, like bubble gum - believe me, it would be a smarter investment :) Manufacturer Support: Yeah right! The Wow Factor: Hell no! Overall: To the trash can!

"Buyer Beware of Behringer Warranty & Customer Service!" submitted July 27, 2003

Overall
Sound: At first it sounded great. After 4 months of gentle use as a practice amp, it developed a loud buzzing sound when certain notes were played. Feature: Large array of features for the price. Quality: My experience with Behringer BX600 is that the product quality is low. The amp was hardly ever moved & never abused. It should not have developed a proble after 4 months. Value: The price for the features offered seemed like a good value at the time of purchase. It is not a good deal if it costs you a third of the purchase price to have a warranty repair done. With the delicate use that this amp has received, there is no way it should have needed repairs at only 4 months old. Buyer beware! Manufacturer Support: It was not easy to contact Behringer since neither the documentation supplied with the amp or their website provided much in customer service contacts in the US. After sending several unanswered emails to their customer service in Germany, I got the telephone number for their offices in the states. It turns out that Behringer has minimal customer support and service center coverage in the states. When I contacted Behringer, I was told that I would have to ship the amp to a service center in NYC at my own expense to have it repaired (about $40 US). A local service center want s $90 US to repair it. Overall: I am currently looking for another amp & cut my losses.

Behringer BX600 Bass Amp Customer Review submitted June 24, 2005

Music Style: Thrash metal
Sound: unclear sound up high, but otherwise great for any style Feature: Shape is great for softer tones, stereo input nice so I can plug my portable CD player right in Quality: I don't really play to much outside my basement, but it seems reliable, it deffinitly has the power. I have only had it for about 2 months though. Value: great price for a great amp Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It looks bigger than it is(not that it isn't plenty big already) Overall: It's loud and big enough for anything I can imagine myself needing for quite a while

When you call, mention priority code 14HM-TWV6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976