When you call, mention priority code 14NX-9Q9P

Rating and Reviews: Behringer B2031A Monitors

Trust your recordings to the clear sound delivered by these active monitors' ultra-linear frequency response and high-resolution ferrofluid-cooled tweeters.

"Had these for 7 years now" submitted January 7, 2009

Musical Background: Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Industrial, Electronic, Nu-Metal, Gothic
Sound: I'll start off this review by noting I've been using these monitors now for 7 years, so I'm not some excited newbie I'm actually a guy that's been recording for about 17 years now and have had this product for 7 years. I'll start by noting how flat these are. They are perfect in that whatever I play on them that sounds bad sounds bad on all other systems. Whatever sounds good translates to sounding good on other sources. Being I've had mine so long I have to rate the quality very high as I've had ZERO problems with mine - no joke... not one problem, though I've read some horror stories from some owners. That being said I'd like to note I've read some slight speculation on the net that the older models, such as mine, are far better in quality than the more current models... again though that is purely specualtion from 1-2 people. I've tried upgrading, cause we all want the supposed "best" no? I've tried Dynaudio BM15A's, Mackie HR824's (MK1 & MK2) and I keep coming back to these and returning the others. I will say, the new Mackies are awesome but the bass is just way too much for a "half-space" setup, meaning a setup where there's a wall right behind your speakers. The room acoustics need serious treating due to the Mackies low end response and that costs thousand in serious bass trap to fix the problem. I don't have this problem with the Behringers, yet I still have great tight punchy low end, just not as low as other brands go. In all honesty though most consumer listening sources don't have a good accurate sub 50hz response anyway. I don't know what else to say about them. I mean, they're flat, they're super accurate, they're super inexpensive, and I've had mine for 7 years and they're still going strong. Your mileage may vary of course so you're on your own. But after all this time I thought, "Why didn't I ever write a review? After all this time I think I have something valuable to contribute".
163 of 167 people (97.6%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted February 12, 2007

Music Style: Electronic and Rock
Sound: These are basically Behringer's knock-off of the Mackie 824 active monitors. The Mackie 824 is an incredible sounding monitor with a true 3D stereo depth that words cannot quite describe. This is why the go for $630.00 each!! When I was looking for monitors I compared the Mackie 824s to the Behringers quite closly, switching back and forth between them for many days, listening to a number of different tracks. I kid you not when I say days. Although the Mackies are marginally better and I emphesize the word "magrinally", I went with the Behringers. These monitors are basically the exact same sound you will get from the Mackie 824. Only on a select number of tracks did the Mackies outshine the Behringers and only for a few seconds. The price difference is not justified considering that you can get a pair of Behringers for half the price of 1 of the Mackies. I have owned them for 5 years with no problems what-so-ever. Behringer is an amazing company that churns out amazing products at amazing prices. Feature: Same as the Mackie 824 Quality: I have owned them for 5 years with no problems what-so-ever. Behringer is an amazing company that churns out amazing products at amazing prices. Value: considering that you can get a pair of Behringers for half the price of 1 of the Mackie 824s I would say it's outstanding. Overall: They are still kickin ass after 5 years. Even if they were to blow out today I consider it a good use of my money
71 of 73 people (97.26%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Impressive... Don't let the low price scare you." submitted October 19, 2006

By a customer from sw.rr.com
Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Whatever is the clients' jones
Sound: I bought a pair of Roland DS-90's about four years ago and have been using them up until recently. They were medium priced at the time (about $800 a pair). I always had a difficult time getting the bass mixed right with those monitors. Strange, but true, I'd have to go listen in my car on my stock, cheap stereo to assert the mix. On a whim I decided to try these monitors. ...I'm very impressed. What took me 20-something mixes in the past is taking 3 or 4 now. These are very accurate studio monitors. All you need to do is listen to a reference track and then mix! DONT let the price fool you. I know there are more "accurate" monitors out there. However, for the price, it's impossible to go wrong buying these things. What can I say... I always said I'd never go 'on the cheap' but these things are such a pleasant surprise to me I have to say who cares!! Feature: The back of the monitors have switches to adjust to the room. I've left them to the default setting (flat). So not a lot of bells and whistles but one should look for accuracy in a studio monitor- not features. Quality: Very impressive... These are accurate speakers. Yeah, I'm certain if one spends a lot more you'll get good stuff. But man... for the price it's not possible to beat these things. Value: I haven't tried everything but I have compared these to a pair of monitors that cost over twice as much (monitors I own). These monitors have saved me an extensive amount of time- and that equals money. Manufacturer Support: No idea. Overall: I'll use the word "impressive" again. I can't give them a 10 because I know there are better studio monitors out there. However, if I rated these on a price/performance ratio they would be a "10"

"The Truths don't Lie!!! Best monitors in their price range, bar none." submitted November 10, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, musician, home recording studio.
Music Style: Rock.... no whimpy stuff.
Sound: I couldn't be happier with the sound. Everyone here seems to notice that these puppies stand out in the crowd of studio monitors. As with all monitors the secret to getting good mixes is getting used to the monitors, the way they sound. These monitors are very easy to get used to. The first thing I had to learn was leave the bass alone. If it punches through on these monitors it will sound fine on anything. They might even be a little bass rich... but there is an adjustment switch to control that on the back panel. I just left it in the normal spot... because like I said, it is very easy to get used to. Feature: Features??? C'mon... it's a powered monitor. It has balanced inputs, 1/4" and XLR, which makes them versitile. Our drummer uses them to power his sound onstage when he uses his electronic kit in a small room gig. Makes his V-Drum kit sound great. Ease of Use: Plug 'em in and go. Quality: Built like a tank. I still handle them with care though... no rough housing here. The only stress test I give them is sometimes we rehearse in my studio and we all plug into the board and the Truths are the only sound re-inforcement we use. We do a rough mix and play through them. A cool way to practice. These babies will certainly fill up a small room. Loud enough to get the wife complaining about the volume. Value: Best deal on the market... you have to dump $800 to get anything comparable. Although Alesis has come out with a powered monitor in this price range, I'm curious to how it stands up against the Truths. Manufacturer Support: Don't need any. The Wow Factor: They are the heart and soul of my studio... BACK OFF!!! You can't have 'em. Overall: I can't imagine looking for a replacement for these. I love the sound, I'm used to how they sound. I'm getting great mixes the first time now, instead of going back to the mixing board over, and over, and so on. What I love about them, is I can turn the volume very low to hear how everything is sitting in the mix and then I crank them up to check the bass and the mix is perfect, everything balanced and being heard when the bass starts saturating the room. That's how you know you have good monitors. If you can't get the mix right with the volume real low... chuck 'em out the window. If you are losing too much mid's with the volume down or highs or whatever then you can't get a good mix. The Truths don't lie to you. Excellent pair of speakers.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Hmmm...title?" submitted October 10, 2006

Musical Background: Single man band
Music Style: Industrial/Synthpop/EBM
Sound: Great sound! Really clear, phat basses, nice hi range. very dynamic. Sometimes more bass than what you figure....Low EQ graciously! Feature: VERY customizable. The switches on back let you tweak it to your studio environment. Ease of Use: Plug-and-play...what more can you ask for? Quality: At 33lbs each...these things are BEASTS! They feel pretty solid, just like their sound. Value: At $339 you can't beat them! Excellent for the small studio. If you are doing electronica...these will deliever! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use their customer support...shouldn't have to if they are good :) The Wow Factor: These things scream "I'M GONNA RIP OUT YOUR EARS" sitting on my desk. Obey and love the Truths! Overall: I am very pleased with these monitors. Rich, clean sound, very accurate. Sexy looks. Great!

"90% of the quality at 40% of the price." submitted March 4, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: 8 years of digital production, 2 years of piano lessons, 6 years of guitar lessons
Music Style: electronic, jazz, blues, rock
Sound: They work amazingly for my setup. If I were going to upgrade my speakers, I'd have to upgrade my room first! I've had them for about 4 years now and have used them heavily. They've been solid. Feature: Unbeatable for the price. Power-save feature's threshold is a little too high for casual listening sometimes, but for studio work it's never a problem. Ease of Use: If you can't get these working, you probably have no chance with music. Plug, and play. Quality: They've survived a move from my parents house into my own house without any problems, and have endured a lot of careless power surges during power-up and power-down. The one was attacked by my cat, and the foam around the woofer got slightly sliced, but after I carefully repositioned the tiny V-shaped slices, it hasn't effected the sound at all. Value: Yeah, you can't beat the price. If they were twice as much, I'd consider other brands. I've been unimpressed by some of Behringers' other products, but these speakers can't be beat for the price. Most people won't be able to notice much difference when comparing to much more expensive speakers. The Wow Factor: The design is beautiful. They mean business. My friends are lined up to buy them when/if I eventually move on. Overall: I just bought the matching subwoofer unit for these. If something were to happen to them, I would replace them with the same item.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Monitor Value available." submitted April 20, 2009

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Various except country
Sound: I would imagine there are more accurate monitors available at many times the price but accuracy can really only be measured using rather elaborate equipment to compare a sample input vs. output. I am not going to buy such equipment to tell mean what the variance from accuracy is detectable. However, I can tell how good a monitor produces sound that is satisfactory to my human ears and I must say these monotors sound very good to me. They sound as good to me as many of the very expensive monitors. Feature: The monitors have some adjustments for room acoustics in the back which is fine with me. I don't think automatic room acoustic adjustments are really necessary. Ease of Use: A breeze, plug them in and turn them on. Quality: I have used these monitors for over two years with no trouble or detectable degradation of sound. Value: From my experience, there is no other monitor available which is such a great value. I believe it is worth significantly more when compared to the competition. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed any support so I can not rate it. The Wow Factor: I own a pair of these and have no thought about buying another brand. Since they have been in regular use for two years, if one of them fails, I would by another of the same if available. Overall: I can safely say these are great monitors at a great price. I suspect there are others available at a much greater price, but why spend more money if you are satisfied the what you have.

"great * great * great *" submitted October 18, 2008

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: Active Musician 25 years +
Music Style: mainly rock and some jazz
Sound: I own two pair, so I have the same ears at both studios I play in. You can get great mixes that sound good everywhere Ease of Use: you listen, how hard can that be. It takes a little time to get your ears used to them, but just listen to your favorite cd's for a little while. Quality: they are built like tanks, just recently survived a fire, covered in black soot and a 1000% humidity, cleaned them up and they work perfectly Value: for the dollar you just cant get a better monitor, you have to spend more than twice the price, just to get a LITTLE better sound Manufacturer Support: never needed them The Wow Factor: they look great Overall: like I said before, I own 2 pair. with the money I got from insurance, I could have bought almost any monitors, but I still chose to get another pair, and donated my old ones to a friends studio

"I WILL NEVER SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE!" submitted October 17, 2013

By Brian Monk in Logan, OH
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing music for 17 years- my instrument of choice is the drums- and i am working on my professional career
Music Style: I started out on rock and roll, but have been heavily influenced by electronic music, in which I am now starting to compose
Overall: after only 30 minutes of shopping around online, I found zzounds! they were very helpful in completing my order, and the pay as you play option is a big deal breaker for me! needless to say. zzounds will be my only supplier in music gear.. I have bought the NI maschine- Behringer studio monitor speakers and the Komplete audio 6 usb interface! and I haven't been disappointed yet! keep up the good work guys! and I cant wait to continue doing business with you for years to come! I accidentely gave the overall 4.5 stars but couldn't change it.. it should read 5 stars.

"Truths is in the Truths" submitted November 17, 2004

By a customer from visi.com
Musical Background: Composer, Producer
Music Style: all styles.
Sound: The mids the highs sound great, maybe there is to much bass, but you can ajust that on the Monitors themselves. The stereo image on these beasts is kick ass! I would say these sound as good as 1000 dollar Monitors! Feature: being able to adjust for room accoustics is a big plus. Quality: very durable! I have them on seaker stands so there is no problem with the monitors being wobbled or moved or something. Value: for the price I paid these are more then worth it! the SOund sounds lush and full great mids and highs, maybe have to adjust the base but hey it's there if you have to. They have a great wide stereo image. Manufacturer Support: I like Behringer's products and I have delt with there support once they were great! The Wow Factor: they look very sexy tilted towards me and in back of my desk here...yes very sexy monitors! Overall: I really think that I will be using these Monitors for a long time. there durable, sexy, and sound great with a wide and full stereo image. They look great on my set up.

"The "TRUTH" will set you free!" submitted May 20, 2012

By Couri J in Macon, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been making music or learning music since 1992. I've played brass...wood wind....and precussion over the years.
Music Style: Rap, Hip-hop, R&B, sampling
Sound: The B2031A monitors come as a matched pair. Left and right placement doesn't matter as they were manufactured symmetrically to each other. The sound is clear, transparent, very flat and translatates to the outside world perfectly if mixed correctly. They sound like studio headphones but not on your head if that makes sense. Great imaging...good bottom end...crisp and smooth highs...large "sweet spot". I use them to mix/master all genre of music. 90% of the music I track and mix is R&B...hip hop/rap. But I also sample metal...rock...country....blues....electric...classic...oldies..etc. These monitors deliver on what ever you can throw at them and reproduce it flawlessly. Feature: The most useful features I would have to say are the room compensation switches on the back of the monitors. Monitors twice this much didn't consider these features. So even if you were to find a better monitor (at 3 times the cost), if it didn't feature adjustment settings for you to taylor the sound...guess what? Yep, you've wasted your check (for some) on a monitoring system that want translate well for you. The only exception to this is if you have a PROFESSIONALLY sound treated room for monitoring. I don't mean a few bass traps or foam pads on the wall..I mean the works down to insulation behind the walls!! These B2031A monitors let you adjust the settings based on your surroundings and that's woth their price alone....very thoughtful Behringer. These monitors are heavy if you've read that in other posts...that's true. But I like that about them...the won't get knocked over easily and their build quality is awesome. They look nice and very intimidating for those times you want to show off for the artists you're working with. I've not a single problem with them and most importantly they get the jobb done. Ease of Use: Pretty simple to set the TRUTHS up. Be sure you use BALANCED cables with the TRUTHS to avoid any possible noise. They accept XLR or TRS inputs both of which are balanced by the way. I'm running a Mackie 402-VLZ mixer which utilizes the 1/4 TRS inputs.....no noise at all. Very clean and tons of gain available. Just plug into you mixer or audio interface and you're mixing/mastering in no time. Can't get much easier. Quality: QC from the manufacture is a job well done. No flaws have bee found...they work as stated and they sound great! They feel very sturdy and well built....I'm sure these will be in my studio for years to come. I use them weekly for hours on end and they keep screaming like champs! Once you register them you get a 3yr warrenty so its a win win for you!! Value: This product I can honestly say is worth its value plus some. You get great features and value you'd have to pay 3x as much with other brands. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact the manufacture and don't think ill need to any time soon...BUT if I do ill be sure to post the experience and details for you. The Wow Factor: This product will appeal to producers, musicians, artists, and engineers all the same. The value is what catches your eye but the performance will blow you away!! Overall: If you are reading this review I'm sure you've read a ton of others trying to select the best reference monitor for the money. We've all heard and read the horror stories about Behringer products...yes I was thinking just like many of you and almost made a bad mistake. Zzounds does their research too and these B2031A monitors are built at specs 3 to 4 times there value!! I took the leap of faith, purchased these monitors and All I can say is-look out competition! I'm just like most musicians and we all know that money is very scarce, so making wise purchase choices is vital. I've looked at, researched, listened to and compared several of the other competitors: KRK...Mackie...Alesis...Adams...Yamaha...even the super expensive "Gens". Save your Money and let the "TRUTH" set you free from all the headaches I had doing all this research. I work closely with a local producer that was sponsored "$$$" with nearly all of his equipment. He's had the KRK rokit 8 and the Yamaha NS 10 monitors for over 5yrs now. He knows those monitors very well after that long of experience with them...my TRUTHS came in about a month ago and I called my producer friend over to help me remix some songs I'd previously done on head phones (I know....never mix on headphones right!?!? Google me at: SOLO Production Squad for more reading). Once we cranked up the TRUTHS they blew us away...literally!! These beast move some air and get crazy loud! The bottom end is definitely there and not exaggerated like I read in some reviews, the highs are crisp, transparent and not harsh. The monitors are very "FLAT" and that's what they should be. We mixed two songs while he was over and we could not believe how good these monitors sounded compared to his more expensive setup. We rendered the two songs down to mp3 to see how well the monitors translated to other systems. We played them on the PS3, Xbox, Mac book, DVD player, an old disc man...even in the car while we drove back to his studio. After the 20 minute drive, we get to his studio...pop in the CD...WOW just as we mixed it at my studio!! Perfect TRUTH. He ordered a pair on the spot! Sorry for the long post my friends, but I figured it would be best if you read one long review oppose to thousands of short ones that don't help you. I almost feel into that hype off monitors, but trust another researching addict....don't let the TRUTH miss the space they deserve in your studio setup. We've all heard it growing up and normally its true.."You get what you pay for"....yeah I get that and I understand it, BUT I will say this, when you get more for what you've spent doesn't that change the entire saying?!?! Behringer went over and beyond on this particular product...the compensation switches on the back proves they took time to get this one right. Plus giving a fair fight out among the competition is where it made the difference for me. Sometimes when you spend more you really aren't getting better...you're paying for the name plate on the product...its a smart approach called marketing. Can't knock the business aspect, we all have to profit to survive, but the TRUTHS stayed true to the actual value to product ratio and delivered the world a wonderful monitor system for real worl musicians....Thank you Behringer and zzounds for making my dream a reality I could afford and for others like myself that don't have sponsors "$$$".
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Behringer rules" submitted January 5, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: composer, musician, recording engineer
Sound: From about 500hz and up it sounds great. Very flat, very balanced, fine detail, in other words high quality that you would expect from speakers much more expensive. At about 150hz it has quite a peak (system resonance) which makes the sound a bit boxy. From about 150hz it goes downhill. At about 100hz the output is very weak. Below 90hz the reflex port resonance becomes active and makes sure you have a decent basskick sound. The problem in lack of the higher bass is typical for this kind of small monitors with high pretentions. Reflex port is tuned too low which results in a dip in output between the speaker and the port. You cannot have it all. If you tune the port higher you won't hear a lot under about 60-70hz. The size of the monitors is simply too small for flat big sound. I tweaked mines with a parametric equalizer. Now the sound is quite flat till 40-50hz. The sound is absolutely great. Compared with a Alesis Mk2 passive the truth comes out a lot better. Where the Alesis sound agressive (the have quite a peak at around 5.000Hz and below 400hz they fall) the truth sounds very balanced. Value: Go and buy it. For this kind of money it is probably the best. Overall: I only miss real balanced bass. For this we need something a lot bigger and a lot more expensive.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Accuracy, very precise." submitted August 18, 2005

Music Style: Jazz
Sound: Care is needed to faithfully follow the setup instructions in the manual. Very versatile with many settings to mold the speakers to the room environment. These will definitely give you the truth if you let them. I also own the big 15" Tannoy studio monitors (my reference) and 6 other pairs. For studio work, nearfield, one on one, these are very hard to beat. Amazing for the price. Bass begins at 50 hz, but I would avoid a sub as it's not necessary. Enjoy!

"Behringer - one to recon with!" submitted March 8, 2013

By Michael Silver in Nashville, NC
Overall
Musical Background: DJ 4-6 yrs.,played guitar 12 yrs, litte keyboard and some drums
Music Style: rock,hip-hop,dubstep
Overall: I have only had these monitors a couple of months, but let me tell you they sound and look great and would be bangin in any studio.I like the fact that you can crank these babies up and trust me theyll take the heat.when you here about monitors that do this and that and dont deliver,theyre not talking about behringer. I am a true fan and owner of these magnificent monitors. thank you behringer and zzounds for making my world a little bit better.............

"Flying Blind? Get these!" submitted September 13, 2006

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Music Style: Electronica
Feature: Great stuff they have Room compensation switches, Input trim power,Low and High frequency adjustable switches- everything to give you the truest possible sound- smashing! Quality: The Quality is Exellent these things are very well made and are durable taboot! Very good looking in my opinion too. Which is great! Value: I paid

"Decent active speakers for the price." submitted July 18, 2011

Overall
Sound: This pair is my first active speakers. The bass is punchy. High is very sharp. Overall is outstanding. Feature: It seems to me features are pretty standard along with other active speakers. The most useful is the auto off feature. Ease of Use: Plug it in and play. Very easy to use. Quality: QC is not good. One speaker is more signal sensitive than the other one. Every time I turn off the power, one speaker has a loud "pop" while the other has only slight "pop". It is the QC problem. Value: For the price, the sound is very good. Manufacturer Support: Not sure. Did not contact the manufacturer. I did not contact Zzound which is the best in handling the return process. The Wow Factor: The appearance is fine. Not really outstanding. Overall: Overall is decent. Not a great speaker. You get what you pay for. The major drawback is the QC. You can see the difference between the two speakers.

"Buy them" submitted December 15, 2004

Musical Background: Musician and engineer
Sound: Excellent! Smooth and clean. Highs crisp without being harsh. Bass tight. Something no one else has noticed, the enclosures are VERY solid - which is why they're so heavy - and which is one reason why the bass is so good. Tap your knuckles on the side of one of these and you hear a high-pitched "whack" - try that on a Mackie and you'll hear a low-pitched "thud." And they play loud - I've had these cranked up way past the point where the red warning light blinked and so far no problems. The bass remains tight and the highs clean all the way. Quality: One of the ones I was going to buy was dead when we hooked it up - not a good sign. Other people have commented on Behrenger's spotty QC - so beware. Also, I wish the speakers had some sort of protection for the drivers. Be careful when transporting. Value: If I was told that these speakers sold for $600 I'd believe it. At $300 street price, they are a steal. The Wow Factor: I like the way they look. Overall: I am VERY critical when it comes to sound and speakers in particular. I have owned speakers in the $2000 to $3000 for my stereo - and I am truly impressed with these.

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted August 2, 2007

Music Style: Dance
Sound: I rate it a 10 because the sound I hear and the sound from my headphones are the same. Very important when mixing down. My mixes have been "Perfect", this is to say when played through car stereo, boom boxes, radio play, etc. all sound the way I would like to hear. I've used these monitors for over the last 3 years and absolutely no problems. Feature: Features are all on the back, room location, volume, enhansement. etc. to customize location. Quality: For the price, definately the best Value: Dollar for dollar, can't beat the value Manufacturer Support: All my Behringer products have not had one single problem The Wow Factor: As good as anything out there Overall: I'm actually so satisfied with this product I don't even consider looking for new.

"Sooo Smooth, Sooo Flat, Sooo not expensive" submitted January 1, 2010

Musical Background: recording hobbyist
Music Style: blues, rock, country
Sound: The sound of these monitors is super, 359.00 or 500.00. The lows are well rounded and punch, while the highs are crisp, and true without being overbearing. (I have my tweeters set at -4 cause I m in a 10x12 bedroom.) They do crank, but are really intended as a tool that I have come to find very useful. The controls in the back allow me to tune the box to the room as I see fit. I dont think there is any right or wrong way, seeing as every room is different as well as everyones definition of a "good sounding recording". I am in the process of just expierimentation and tweeing here and there to find a sound I like with my giutar and keyboard. f I need to compensate for sound somewhere, I have an EQ (also Behringer) that will take care of that. Overall great sound. Feature: This comes with all the bells and whistles I expect in a studio monitor worth recording with. They include seperate tweeter and woofer output controls, as well as room compensation in case I use it in a corner of the room, which tends to make the bass boomy. Also included is an auto off swicth which I leave on "on" and just switch them on every time Im gonna use them. On auto, they turn off after 5 min. if I play them at low levels. not a problem. Controls:A+ Ease of Use: plug in, swich to "on", find your sound, and get after it. Quality: Built like a tank. Very heavy, because of the big transformer and magnets thing thing has. 8 because the finish around the plastic plate arond the tweeter and woofer could be smoother. Now if thats my only gripe, I think thats pretty good. No radio sounds hear. When there is nothing going through them, I have to walk up to them to make sure thier still on. Value: 269.00 + free shpg at MF new. nuff said. Manufacturer Support: Dunno, never have called, or needed support. The Wow Factor: Well, I never thought of speakers having, sex appeal, and I've never had lust for equipment, but they are attrative and look professional. I guess if they were hitch-hiking, I would pick these twins up!!!LOL Overall, Georgous, smooth lines, good design, a real contender in the studio monitor market. Overall: Overall, I cant stop listening to these things, I have to listen to all of my music again to hear how they sound through these. I recommend these monitors if you have a home studio for demos, or going for the gold.W What you hear out of these seems to hold up to Behringers claims.

"monolithic speakers, that will melt your brain, and leave you enough money for a new one!" submitted December 15, 2010

Overall
Sound: i don't know how useful this review will be to many who read this, as i don't mix music. i use the Truth's for listening to music i download onto my computer. these speakers do get loud. the bass is solid if not slightly muddy. i listen to a lot of 70's fusion, and Prog Rock, and the experience is overall very enjoyable. the speakers tend to get a little bright at elevated listening levels, but i am sure that can be adjusted out. not enough of an issue for me to fiddle with right now. another little niggle is that there is RF noise filtering through. more than likely because i opted for cheap audio chords, and the speakers are on my desk right now very close to my computer monitor. it's likely a quick fix will be to purchase quality cords and put the speakers on stands away from my monitor. Feature: these speakers are adjustable, and can likely smooth out any sonic rough edges. i have yet to tweak mine. the 8 3/4 woofers and their 175 watt amplifiers are what these speakers are all about. Chris Squires thunderous bass lines are exactly that. a very powerful listening experience for near/mid-field speakers in this price point. Ease of Use: getting them going out of the box was simplicity itself. but tweaking to find ones personal sweet spot never is. adjust, listen to a variety of material, adjust, listen to a variety of material, repeat as necessary. tweaking is never easy (at least for me). but if the sound out of the box is right for you, then these speakers are plug-and-play. Quality: these speakers are SOLID. very well constructed, should hold up very well to hard use for a very long time. Value: nice...i am very pleased with what i have received for my money. do recommend! The Wow Factor: i did not buy these speakers for sex appeal, i bought them because my M-Audio 40's were inadequate. these Behringers are actually overkill for my what i do with them. but it's comforting to know i would have to try really, really, really hard to hurt them. couldn't say the same for the M-Audios. but as far as appearance...these are guys speakers, very beefy, with an almost sullen attitude about them. all black with little green eyes, there is nothing dainty about these speakers. actually they are kind of monolithic, and quite capable of turning your grey matter to mush. they are noticed wherever you place them. Overall: it really depends on how well i am able to keep things in perspective. because of how powerfully these speakers play, i am already considering an upgrade for my subwoofer, which will then require a speaker upgrade, and the madness just takes over. but if i am able to remember these speakers are just for listening to music through my computer, then i will have them for a very long time.

"The Truth About The Truth B2031A" submitted May 1, 2014

By Bryan Wayne Perry in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: www.perrymusicgroup.com
Music Style: We mix and master it all and enjoy every unique quality many walks of life deliver.
Overall: These monitors were purchased for my wife to listen to music on her iphone. They deliver superb sound with out cloudy tones. Performance gets an A plus do to the no stop abuse at high volume with out missing a note.

"They will surprise you" submitted September 4, 2006

Music Style: Jazz
Sound: I am surprised how good these sound. They actually sound good at lower levels too. I did switch the highs to -2db, but have not decided "yet" if it's the best setting. It's great to have controls to accomodate your control room. For the bad news, I was a bit bummed to see the cover lifting on the top right edge of one of the speakers. This is where Behringer QC fails. The speakers sound so good, I'm questioning returning them for a new 'no blemish' set. They come in as matched pairs with a freq. chart. I also own several other near field monitors including the Mackie HR824 which I paid 1600.00/pr. These honestly give Mackie a run for their money. Yes, I'd like to bad mouth Behringer, but I can't for what you get for the $ !!! I've always liked the Mackies, but man these sound good too. Hmm. 339/pr....dang! After picking these heavy mothers up and listening to them, it surprises how much you get for 339. For whatever it's worth, I've been working in the music field for over 25 years and have a project studio in Phoenix, AZ

"Great value, great sound; monitors that just plain work." submitted October 30, 2005

By a customer from whiterose.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist.
Music Style: Electronic music - softsynths and recording
Sound: These sound as good as more expensive monitors I listened to in the store where I bought them. Quality: Only downside -- The amplifiers amplify any FM carrier that may be present on the AC mains. A better EMI/RFI filter on the AC input would help out. I added one externally, which quieted the signal, but I'd expect that to be built in. Value: Sound as good as monitors twice their price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any need for support. The Wow Factor: These just plain work and work well. Who doesn't want that? If I could afford it, I'd have a pair in every room. Overall: I'd buy another pair if I had the money!

"Fantastic, solid, full sounding monitor .......... looks like it shoul last for ever too." submitted April 17, 2005

By a customer from adamj.net
Musical Background: Dj France and Ibiza,
Music Style: Mainly Chillout and house, but eclectic
Sound: Very quick, sharp, very full. They were right next to my very large main PA speakers and while sound checking my 'booth' speakers someone commented on the sound quality thinking they were the main PA. Feature: N/A, except for good input control on speaker. Quality: Great, solidly made with no nonsense. (although no grill). Looks like it should last for ever. Drops a point for on the road use. The casing is wood and will look tired very soon. I will be making some sort of casing for mine for road use. Value: seems very well priced. They do not advetise like some other companies I could mention do. Manufacturer Support: n/a..not needed so far The Wow Factor: looks the business, and is.....street cred intact..... Overall: great sound, very big and defined, well made. Only negative is no grill option, and for road use wooden finish

"Buy the product and yeah..."Just Listen!" Thanks Behringer" submitted January 1, 2006

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Musical Background: R&B
Music Style: R&B
Sound: Great all round sound, tweakable to suit the room and style of music. Feature: The various knobs for tweaking are extremely useful. The LEDS on the front are also a very good feature, especially the clip LED. The extra hard and heavy casing creates a solid monitor that will last a long time. Should have blown one of them by switching on a condensor mic on close to full gain. A terrible thud and all the LEDs went off. Thought I was done for. Opened it up, everything was intact, reconnected it and LEDs came back on and sound came through...whew!!! That means reliable! Quality: Excellent quality. My experience with Behringer is that their speakers and power amps are very good and very reliable. You have to be selective about their processors and mixers. Touch their digital mixers at your own risk Value: The best value for money around. Price does not mean quality...as they say at Behringer "Just Listen". I would bet that if Mackie were to house the same Behringer technology in these babies, they would sell for tripple their current price! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them The Wow Factor: Definitely a figure 8 woman! And she don't need a grill on her to make her look better! Overall: Very long time. If something went wrong, I would replace with the same product. As for the issue of RF interference, guys pay for the right cables and observe the rules of laying out your cables. Don't bring your cell phones into the studio. It has never been an issue for me

"Great value, get them!" submitted January 11, 2009

Musical Background: DJ/Producer
Music Style: drum and bass, house
Sound: Sound quality is fairly flat, the upper frequencies are a bit unusual and take some time getting used to. As far as mid-range and bass is concerned, pretty accurate, and that did surprise me. These things are LOUD even at it's lowest setting. Feature: You basically can adjust the frequencies to conform to the room. Ease of Use: Plug and play... I kept everything flat on the back settings. Quality: I'm giving it a seven at the moment.. I just got these and they feel sturdy, look sturdy and even sound good. But it's behringer. Value: Undoubtably the best value out there. Manufacturer Support: n/a but behringer is good about warranties.. The Wow Factor: yeah, these speakers are staying put I like them. Overall: I have a pair of Yamaha HS80M's and although they are more accurate they are about $300 more. Behringer came through for my A/B referencing against them for a fraction of the cost.

"Buy Them!!!" submitted February 1, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Live sound,Recording Engineer,Bass player.
Music Style: Christian Rock, Top 40 ,Dance
Sound: Very Good,mids and highs were alittle too strong.Easily fixed with adjustments on back.Good bass,no need for subwoofer.Did pick up a hint of radio interference but was able to fix it. Feature: There are adjustments on back so you can tune them to your room.They worked well. Quality: Quality looks very good. They are heavy.No grills on front. Value: Blown away for this price range,Outstanding! Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support. The Wow Factor: Look Great. Overall: Will fulfill my sound needs fine.Pleasantly Surprised!Brought a tear to my eye!

"Try before buy" submitted December 17, 2007

Musical Background: Engineer, musician, and mix master
Music Style: rock, improv, indie, spaz
Sound: Sounds good and even. Not the best but for the price it's hard to beat. Feature: Plenty of features for a pair of speakers. Ease of Use: Plug em in and go. Quality: Well built and a good design. I would give it a 10 (considering the price) but RF interference is a problem. Even without any cables plugged in it still picks up the radio. For most people it seems to work fine though so it looks like it depends on where you're located. Buy em if you're feeling lucky. Value: Great value if they don't play the radio while you're mixing. Manufacturer Support: Haven't contacted the company so they get a 10 because I imagine they'd be OK.

"Great price and performance!" submitted July 16, 2007

Musical Background: DJ, producer
Music Style: House, Breaks, Disco
Sound: Ok, these aren't the best monitors around, but what do you expect. I use them along with B2092A sub, and they sound great. Great response down to 180Hz, and the sub takes over from there. I've never heard any Radio interference, and I live in an area that doesn't have any FREE radio frequencies. Feature: Pretty much all of the features that you'd expect from studio monitors, right up there with monitors that cost 4x as much. Ease of Use: Hmm, not sure if I've used anything that is LESS complicated. If you can't figure out how to use these in 5 min, then you should probably choose a different hobby/profession. Quality: No problems so far, and I've had them for about one year. I've used them both in my studio and also dragged them around for small house parties, and they still perform like new. They can definitely stand up to reasonable wear and tear (just don't drop them). Value: Hmm, nothing in this price range with this much power and quality, so I guess that deserves a 10. Manufacturer Support: Don't know, never had to use it. Overall: I use these monitors for recording and mastering DJ mixes, and so far I've haven't had any complaints. These are great monitors and definitely worth buying if you're on a budget (under $500).

"Value and Quality." submitted January 5, 2010

By a customer from bassdrive.com
Musical Background: Professional producer
Music Style: Drum & Bass
Sound: These monitors simply do not lie. They are dead flat, and accurate to the point of painful, with a poorly mastered track. I've toyed with the settings on the rear, and even boosting/cutting sounds, they're still simply dead flat. They are worth FAR more than what they're listed for. Feature: Generally speaking, I don't like monitors that have a lot of "toys", but the tools on the back of these are a simple necessity for different studio environments. I also quite like the auto power off, to save energy. It's a bit too sensitive for my liking, but I quickly found the sweet spot to keep them on at a lower volume. Ease of Use: You hook them up, they play. They play beautifully. Now, that said, take some time to set them up properly and you'll be positively amazed at the sound quality. They come with a rather extensive manual. Take a few minutes to read thru it. It's worth your time. Quality: Everything is flush and firm on these. They are BEASTS, at about 35 lbs each. There's no rattle from the woofer, the bass ports are properly curved to stop excessive resonance and wind noise. I'd like an option for grilles, but honestly, I don't need them. I likely would not use them on the road, but if treated well, I'm sure you probably could. Value: Is there an 11 rating? If there were, these would earn it. You'll not find another monitor in this price range that even begins to come close to the quality of these. If you want big room, huge bass sound, these are not for you. These are professional monitors, to be used as TOOLS in a studio environment. Properly set up and used, you absolutely won't be disappointed. Manufacturer Support: I've dealt first hand with Behringer a few times. I've been constantly impressed by their attentive and fast customer support. I had a mixer of theirs, long ago, that was out of warranty and I needed parts. They not only had them in stock, they shipped them Priority Mail for free. The Wow Factor: They're beautiful. Enough said. Overall: Honestly, for my use, I can't see buying other monitors unless something unforeseen happens to these. However, they're built like tanks, so I can't really see that happening. If I lost these, I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat.

"Umm... WOW" submitted June 16, 2004

Overall
Music Style: everything and anything that is actually music (this excludes hip-hop and rap)
Sound: At first listen I was disappointed, because the highs were a little high for the room and the bass was a little muddy. So I moved them off my wooden desk and onto my futon to destroy any sympathetic resonance. WOW!! What a difference. They came to life. The imaging is better than anything I have heard in the under $700 range. Slightly better than the event TR8s, WAY better than the m-audios, tampas, rolands and everything else I have heard in that range. I work regularly on my partners set of HR824s and these are similar in many regards. They dont have the xtra bass that the Mackies do, but this can actually be a good thing. There is a little accentuation to the mid highs that isn't controllable by the switches in the back, and they seem to have a rather small sweet spot, but as a whole they are amazing, and I don't mean just for the price. Feature: The adjustments on the back are essential for anyone who isn't EQing their monitors and wants to compensate for room abnormalities. I wouldn't have bought these if they didnt have that. Quality: all I can say is they are heavy. i have only had them 2 days, so i have no idea how durable they are. i do know the auto power mode on one of my speakers doesn't work, but I am turning them off when I dont use them anyways, so this doesn't really matter to me. Value: It is rediculous that these cost so little. Guess it pays to have Mackie do all your research and development for you. The Wow Factor: They are sooooo sexy Overall: This is in relation to their cost. I would prefer the Mackies or a pair of KRK V8s, but I aint paying for the slight upgrade in sound quality. They are, for the money, the best monitors I have ever heard.

"Can't beat the sound for price. May pick up AM radio" submitted June 22, 2007

By a customer from hip-hop.ru
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, use them in home studio
Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: Great value for price. I use them with a Behringer sub to compensate for low end. I've been using them for 2 years without any problems. Then I moved to Chicago and they started picking up some hispanic AM radio station. Very disappointing. And yes, I use only balanced connections and PROEL cables. Quality: Depending on where you live/work it can work as a great AM radio! The Wow Factor: Looks solid and professional.

"Better than anything in, or above its class overall. The monitor for you." submitted February 17, 2007

Musical Background: Musician, Recording Engineer, Producer, Mastering Engineer
Music Style: Hardcore, Electronic, Acoustic, Orchastra, Polka?
Sound: These are basically everything you want in a monitor. The clarity is comparable to a monitor five times the price and 100 times the hassle in setup and tuning time. Although they are similar to the Mackie HR824 in many ways, as cited in another review, I believe they were actually modelled after a much better, much more proven monitor, the Genelec 1032A. This is the monitor of choice in most recording studios with small format rooms. I am a professional engineer and producer for many artists and labels in Canada and I prefer the sound of the TRUTH B2031A to the Genelec or the Mackie any day. The EQ is perfect for heavy rock and electronic, and dirty acoustic tracks shine through wonderfully. I did have a problem with a slight dip in gain around the 150Hz range when working in a smaller 10x12' room, but most of this is due to the more absorbent rear wall of the studio. When working in a well balanced room, vocals especially astound me with information I didn't previously hear on the facet mounted Genelec system. Feature: XLR, BAL or UNBAL 1/4" inputs, Standard power cord, more features than any other monitor in its class, durable, I took them on the road last month, they accidently spent a few hours in -20'C weather, warmed them up and they were fine in an hour! Huge power reserve, hey... put em in your car and rattle the windows. Ease of Use: They work great set up vertically and the sweet spot is found easily. I left the notch/shelf/pass filters all in their normal/neutral position and just plugged them in. I ran a few tests comparing them to the farm of monitors available at my studio, including the installed Genelec system, Yamaha, Mackie, Tannoy... and they really blew my mind. You really just plug them in, and have a listen, anything wrong will be appearent, and there is enough control for adjustment to fit your room. Set up on a horizontal axis (just out of curiosity) they were still the best bang for the buck. Mids had to be notched a little, and the sweet spot was much smaller, but they aren't recomended for horizontal use anyway. Quality: again, very durable. When they say 'matched pairs' they mean it, no difference from left to right at all. The break-in period was about two days of casual use mixing piano, flute, electric guitar, and percussion. Value: Its Behringer, you're always getting twice the quality product you paid for. Manufacturer Support: I havent had a problem at all with these, but I know Behringer stands behind their products. They've gotten a bad wrap as being cheep quality / lower grade... just because they decide to put their best into their products, but not charge you an arm and a leg for it. I use an MX9000 Mixer on the road exclusivly. The Wow Factor: it looks just like a Genelec 1032A at first glance, but I would say its even better looking. I bought a pair after using them for only two hours in another studio. Overall: Great monitor, and if you cant afford these, or just have a smaller mixing room and need a smaller monitor, I've heard great things about the smaller TRUTH B2030A. You wont be let down. I expect to use these for many years to come.

"Happy in ATL, DC, Ill" submitted November 30, 2008

Overall
Sound: They are amazing for the price !!! Almost "Mackie like". :-) Ease of Use: Just plug and play Quality: VERY SOLID !! Value: Weel worth the price Manufacturer Support: Very easy to work with, very responsive The Wow Factor: I have three sets to include sub woofers Overall: Have had two of three sets for two years, they are still going strong

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted September 9, 2005

Musical Background: musician, recording engineer
Music Style: R&B, Jazz
Sound: This product compares 100% to the Mackie HR824's. Why spend all that money when you could spend less for the same sound. I owned both and sold the mackies and so did 4 of my friends. Don't be fooled by price; expensive is not always better. They sound great.

"Hard to learn, Grown on you, Translate good" submitted December 17, 2012

By Nick Leo in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been mixing music for over 10 years.
Music Style: Hip-hop, pop, rock
Overall: These are great for what I know of them and have lots of quality and dimension to them. I can't tell if they grew on to me or I just wore the drivers in enough because I didn't really care for them at first. I've been listening to them all day and they're finally starting to rub off on me. I did have to change the switches the back alot. The best setting I got were as follows: lowfreq=0 roomcomp= - 4 and high=0. I've owned KRKs, genelecs, NS-10s, Mackies, etc and these can compete. IDK how they translate yet, because I've only heard the same mix I did on the 2031a's through the new iphone 5 buds but there not bad just a little muddy in the low end (which can always be fixed with a dip around 40-80hz). And yes some people mix, yes MIX on the iphone buds, IMO they are this generations average bookshelf monitor. I made my first beat on these and sold it for 200 not knowing how they would translate ??? but the person I sent it to was in Boston, I was in LA, and he said the mix sounded great!! So i guess they did translate well to his system whatever he was using. BUT I was using Waves and McDSP plugins and was referencing the final master of the compilation to 50 Cents Get Rich Or Die Trying album, comparing and tweaking my beat to make it sound closest to the way 50s album did. And it worked, my beat sounds great I can believe it sounds so professional. I keep listening to it over and over! Whoever said it dosent translate good can eat dirt. I'm a pro and I have done 1000s of mixes on 100s of different systems. I have to tell you tho...Ray Charles and The Beatles sound amazing through these after listening to them all day. Remeber I'm going from my TRS interface to the XLR inputs on the Beringers. I bought these $150 pair used. So it was definitely worth it IMO and I made my money back plus 50 bucks for 1 mix. I really really really wanted to get a pair of Focals tho, but these will do for now until I get those. Again I got a steal for 150 used on Craigslist! The signal is coming from my alesis io26 ( which has awesome A/D , D/A converters. Let me say the Alesis IMO is up to quality as my old apogee duet 2 IMO and shimmerzzzz). But back to the B2031a's they sounds pretty good and NO fatigue. I've literally been working with them all day and the more I listen to them the better they sound. IDK how, but its scaring me. I honestly thought they were junk at first. The guy I picked them up from said they were sitting around for a while so at first after hearing how thin they sounded I decided to put a couple towels over each speaker and bumped some 50 cent and Eminem pretty loud, while I went out, so I would wear in the drivers. That seemed to help a bit. What really truly helped was sitting there listening through all types of high quality 320kbps mp3s getting used to and learning the speakers. I just got them yesterday and it took me a the whole day to learn these 2031A's, and thats pretty crazy because I'm a professional engineer and I NEVER have to "learn" monitors. I guess these just have to be taught to you. But I really do kinda love them now and I would buy them again if I could. So to sum these up these are great speakers, they sound like garbage when you first get them, but don't throw them away. Listen over and over and learn them. They will bring great results and you'll fall in love. 1 more thing the low end is pretty quite, but it could be my mixing position, but I recommend a sub if you can afford. I dont have one but it still sounds great!

"Not Slamming Nor Hyping! Just telling it like it is from where I stand." submitted June 15, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician, hobby engineer, hobby recording artist
Music Style: Alternative to gospel
Sound: IF you just go and listen to these speakers, you will probably like them. You will notice that they are very bright to the extent of feel too sharp with the high end. You will be stoked to hear all that detail, but let me remind you that hearing things that you mormally don't can equal innaccuracy. That, I believe, is the case here. The EQ on the back helps but doesn't solve this issue. BIG NOTE: just because they sound goo doesn't mean that your recorded projects will translate well. These are a bit frustrating to work with in that area. You'll always be compensating your mixes from these monitors to home stereo systems. They'll take some adjusting to for sure. Because they are bright, you mixes will sound dull on other sound systems. If you choose to master with these, go brighter than you think you should. Feature: Can't argue with all the input options, separate volume knobs, and room adjustment settings. They're nice. Ease of Use: As I said before, you get what you pay for with these as far as working with them goes. Quality: As an engineer, I do not push my equipment since I want to make both my gear and my ears last for a long, long time. However, I blew out two tweeters within a year. The first one was replaced for free, but the second was beyond warranty scope. Not to mention payong shipping for these monsters both ways was not cheap. As I'm becoming more familiar with different types of gear, I'm becoming a non-fan of Behringer in general. Value: I would say that they are a good value for the money. I would simply save up and buy better speakers (which I have now done). If those tweeters don't start crackling on you, then you'll like them. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Behringer. The Wow Factor: They look great - an obvious copy of Mackie HR824's (which I now own and use). Overall: Don't be fooled by people who say that they sound just as good as Mackie HR824's. I can't imagine that these people have done actual projects with the two of them. Yes, they sound good, but we're not using them for listening enjoyment here, we're mixing for the real world. No, they don't mix nearly as well. No, they're not nearly as accurate. Yes, ear fatigue is a definite issue with these. Yes, they have great overhead with the powerful biamps. Yes, they cost about one fourth of the Mackies. I'm not saying they're terrible or wonderful. They are budget speakers. Period. I like them for what they are AND I would (and have) saved my money and bought monitors that I am much more content with. If I could buy them again, I would not. But then again, I just wanted to get things started in my studio and had a tiny budget to start out with so I bought inexpensive speakers - viola! HERE'S A CLUE: these are entry level speakers. Take them for what they are. The vast majority of the reviews that you read for these monitors are from people who have never done serious recording before. Nor have they tried other monitors outside the store. I started out with them quite happily. Now with some more skill and experience, I moved up and gave them to my intern to work with at his home. Seriously, if you had the budget, would you even be looking here? You're just not going to copy Mackie monitors for 1/4 the cost. It would be nice though!

"best bang for yer buck...period" submitted February 11, 2012

By Mike H in Kent, WA
Overall
Musical Background: life long drummer, long time synth enthusiast, professional meter-hopper
Music Style: electronica/dub-step/acid jazz
Overall: I heard these at my buddy's studio and was very impressed with their sound. When I found out what they cost....I came right here and scooped up a pair of my own. Two days later they were delivered! Stupid fast shipping to upper left coast!!!

"good look good price and good to have for studio for ever." submitted September 10, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: try to be pro music production
Music Style: all kind
Sound: I can't believe it sound better than headphone alot(pro heahphone). I can head anythings clear.the best studio monitor. I went to many stories to test the sound from many brands but I did not like them all. I read the review (Behringer TRUTH B2031A Monitor) and falling love with. good sound good price. Feature: must include pro speaker cable. Ease of Use: plus and play. Quality: look sexy for me Value: good deal and good price. Manufacturer Support: I hope the service will be good. The Wow Factor: sexy baby to have. Overall: I'll buy them again if they get old.

"You'll love these monitors!" submitted June 13, 2004

By a customer from lifeqwest.com
Music Style: Contemporary Spiritual
Sound: These are great sounding monitors! I checked them with several CD's that I know well and the reproduction and stereo imaging are excellent. You can hear everything very clearly. The amps are really quiet and monitoring at low levels yields great results as well. Feature: Lots of switches to compensate for room acoustics and monitor placement. Several people have mentioned that they run the 2301's at -2db on the treble because they are so bright. I didn't feel this was necessary on the 2301A's. Quality: Seems to be very well made. They're solid and pretty darn heavy too. Value: Excellent "bang for the buck!" Especially for the 8 3/4" woofer and 225 watts of power per speaker. Manufacturer Support: The warranty gets sent back to Germany. Got to wonder if it will be a hassle getting in touch. I have had a Behringer mic pre-amp for over a year with no problems so I don't expect I will have to use support. The Wow Factor: The 2301A's are a great addition to my set-up. Good looking, nice materials, and well-made. From the pictures I thought they were dark grey but they are actually black. Overall: I'll keep these for a while. They are a great value and very accurate/neutral sounding. I'd love to have another passive pair for my stereo. Compared to the other monitors I've been looking at in this price range they are unbeatable!

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted July 21, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer/Artist/Producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop/RnB
Sound: Sounds really great, just don't play it too loud while mixing "Fatigue". I still haven't put them to extreme use as yet... but I like what I'm hearing now... Feature: I like the auto-power switch on the back, room compensation beautiful to adjust the speakers to your studio size. Ease of Use: You just plug 'em into your mixer and you are set to go. No hassles. Quality: Probably the only short-coming in this department is the fact that the woofer is exposed and as such can easily be damaged. Value: This is value for money. I paid N$ 5000 that's about U$ 400.

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted October 7, 2008

Overall
Sound: THEY SOUND GREAT!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO AJUST THE SETTINGS IN THE BACK TO YOUR ears I HAVE A PARE OF MACKIES AND THEY SOUND BETTER THAN THOSE AND I ALLSO HAVE A PARE OF KRK ROKIT8'S THEY DONT HAVE AS MUCH BASS AS THE ROKIT8'S BUT THEY COME CLOSE BUT OVER ALL I GIVE THE BEHRINGERS A 10 IN MY STUDIO THEY GET THE JOB DONE. Feature: NO ACCESSORIES CAME WITH THEM ALL THE FEATURES ARE USE FULL. Ease of Use: VERY EASE!!! Quality: VERY WELL!!! Value: YES!!! THEY SOUND LIKE THOUSAND DOLLOR SPEAKERS.

"Diffrences of B2031 and B2031a" submitted May 28, 2004

Music Style: Latin
Sound: I havent listened to them yet Feature: The b2031a are new, it is basically the b2031 with minor improvements, I have contacted Behringer, some improvements include A)B2031A's have magnetic shielding to protect against interference from computer monitors B)B2031A's have a more easily accessed power switch (on top, instead of underneath power input connector on originals) C)B2031A's use polypropylene diaphragm woofer - B2031 use polycarbonate. PP supposed to be more resilient... No more info is available untill they hit the stores. The Wow Factor: I would wait to get these. If they went through the trouble of upgrading the b2031, then it must be better, they don't upgrade just for fun.

"not for real mixing for home use maybe" submitted February 21, 2007

Musical Background: sound man ,AV contract, DJ
Music Style: any thing that makes me money
Sound: if you never heard really good studio stuff you might think these are studio quality . not for real studio install. these are lack luster monitors Feature: decent features wish they had auto repair as they blow after 1 year Ease of Use: not for mixing not for any thing but duffers Quality: blew in a year Value: you get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: did not expect much . just gave them to charity when they blew as the 1 year just exp. The Wow Factor: they look slick but need real grills Overall: wish i would have had more to spend. these behringers truly suck cant believe the reviews , who are these people who like these toys

"The best bang for the buck, until the eminent final BANG!" submitted January 23, 2008

Overall
Sound: I purchased these speakers about 3 or so years ago. All was well until about the second year. One day, about a year ago the woofer of one of the pair began to pulse with some kinda power surge. The speaker was never the same since. The problem became progressively worse. Now after 3 minutes of play...the haunting pulse overloads the speaker and then goes flat line. it cost between $150 to $180 get one of these jokers fixed, so you see my dilemma. For what it's worth, if you have the money go with something that's built a little better. If funds are tight and you're looking for a decent sound the truth will do you well. In short these are "in the meantime" speakers they sound pretty good, but don't look to get any longevity out of them. In my experience they are the best bang for the buck, but that's just until that eminent final BANG!

"Picks up noise from everywhere, unusable." submitted November 17, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist (but hi-fi enthusiast)
Music Style: Anything but opera
Sound: Picks up an incredible amout of noise from the environment (radio stations, computer noise, etc.) Since I got rid of the one setup that minimized it, they're now paperweights. When that was under control, it's not great, but for the price, pretty good. The low end lacks definition, the highs can be overly sibilant. I think they were going for cheap and bassy, which they achieved. Overall, though, you just can't have other &@#%ing radio stations playing through your monitors! Feature: About what you would expect. Ease of Use: How hard could monitors be? Other than trying to fix the quality (see below), nothing to it. Quality: Seem solid, no physical issues at all, seems like they would survive considable abuse. I've been tempted. Value: Obviously, since it's now useless to me, it has very poor value. Overall: I'll likely avoid Behringer in the future, and I wish I could go back in the past and avoid these.

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted May 13, 2007

Musical Background: 7years of playing and songwriting and recording
Music Style: country- rock- ballad
Sound: Comparing with the price these are great. sweet spot is broad and stereo image is excellent. You can turn up the gain to its highest position with no distortion or coloring. I test these speakers with sine wave with 10HZ intervals and the result was great. these monitors are FLAT. Ofcourse ther was a pick at 120HZ and a dip at 180HZ but these are my room rezonance. never under estimate room acoustics. Those who complains about the radio interference hvae problem with cabling I guess. Always use balanced cables for sound equipments. Feature: the controls on rear panel are very handy. and the limiter is accurate. Ease of Use: Just plug and play. Quality: the cabinet looks cool. it's built like a tank. Value: worth every dollar Manufacturer Support: Ihaven't had any problem yet The Wow Factor: obviosly there are more accurate and expensive monitors out ther but for mu pocket these are the best. Overall: buy it and enjoy the quality of a high resolution studio monitors.

"These are by far the best speakers in their class. They outperform competitors speakers costing three times as much. I love them" submitted December 7, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz mostly
Sound: These are the best monitors in their price class by far. You have to go above $1k per pair to get any better. The sound is smooth, accurate and detailed, although I did find that slight changes in placement made big differences in the accuracy. You'll have to fool with the positioning a bit but once you get it right you'll be amazed with the sound of these speakers. Feature: What accessories do you need with powered monitors? Power cords and signal cables. These come with power cords but not signal cables because obviously one cord won't fit all users' needs. Ease of Use: Plug 'em in, turn 'em on and go. It doesn't get much easier. Quality: Incredible for the price is all I can say. Value: Value-wise these are actually a 20 but the scale only goes up to 10. Manufacturer Support: Don't really know - haven't needed any support yet. I doubt if I will. The Wow Factor: These monitors bear more than a coincidental similarity to Genelec 1031A's and are therefore quite sexy. Overall: I can only tell you that I bought these monitors before I actually heard them, although I heard just about everything else in the same price range and I was elated when I finally heard them. They blew everything else away.

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted February 12, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active Musician
Music Style: rock, pop, blues,
Sound: good for price Feature: lots more than most will ever know what to do with Ease of Use: plug and play Quality: this company needs better quality control. some stuff is just junk, while other stuff you can't break. my speaks are fine after 3 years even with the "buttons" pushed in by the one year old Value: sound better than anything else close to the price. will get mackies or adams when i can, but for now, it beats the headphones. The Wow Factor: just for price Overall: the radio/interference problems went away when i lifted the ground.

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted April 4, 2005

Musical Background: Obsessive Hobbyist
Music Style: Speed Silence
Sound: Ok, I'll rate it an 8 to not skew the average -- but before you buy this, please note the fact that they do not include a +/- db range for their claimed frequency response in any of their online documentation. So, they could easily be basing their claim on a +/- of 5 or 6db, also known as "very colored". I doubt any company releases a monitor (or any speaker) without having created a few frequency response graphs, so their reluctance to share the information with potential customers is a red flag to me.

Behringer B2031A Monitors Customer Review submitted November 14, 2007

Overall
Sound: I like the sound of these monitors, although they sound more like hi-fi speakers than studio monitors. The highs are a little too bright, and even with the attenuation switch for the highs maxed out it is still a little too bright. Also the bass could be a little tighter. Feature: All of the switches on the back of the monitors help with tuning the monitors to your room. It has all of the necessary inputs too. I don't like how the speakers "pop" on when in auto-on mode. Ease of Use: Easy to use if you know what you're doing. Quality: I had no problems for the first year with these speakers, but it seems as soon as the warranty expired (knock on wood) the problems began. One monitor began humming at times. The other one suddenly burned out the power supply and an IC. The cost for repair was not worth it so I have decided to buy different monitors. If you look inside at the internal components of the amplifier and speaker boxes you will find that the quality is a little sub-par. Hot glue is spread everywhere, but for this price range I would say the quality is acceptable. Value: These are a good value if you want some 8-inch monitors with the capability to reach low bass frequencies.

"Terrible for direct instrument hook-up." submitted June 30, 2006

Sound: Bass falling apart (literally! The woofer huffs and puffs) when connected to a Motif 8 and playing low piano notes at very moderate sound levels. May not be an issue if you listen to canned music and for some mixing work (though I'd have my doubts). Feature: Good range of features for what they are. Ease of Use: Easy to use. Quality: The price of the components going into these speaker is ~$50 (each). The finish product performs accordingly. Might be good for some but it didn't work for me at all. Value: I returned them. Great speakers are a wonderful joy to use. These won't buy you that. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Nope. Overall: My quest was simple: I wanted to amplify my Motif 8 and have it sound at about the same "quality" as my $30 Sony headphones. No way, Jose! Not with budget speakers. I went through varies speakers before learning that you have to shell out a grand to come close to that simple goal. This are probably good for listening to canned (condensed, already-mixed) music but don't make it as tool to produce music. The only low-priced speakers I found that wouldn't produce physically-worrisome (and very audible) woofer movements/break-downs when playing low piano notes (or worse, accords) were the Alesis M1 Active mk2, but they very much color and smear. They are exactly what you first might think before wishful thinking taking over: "Too good to be true."

"GOOD BANG FOR THE BUCK...........was watching "CMT" Reta Mactire husband uses them in his sound studio. Yhey seem to show up alo" submitted October 8, 2008

By a customer from yahoo.ca
Musical Background: Me Hobbyist....my buddy studio
Music Style: country to rock
Feature: using with mixer with computer...sound great...don't have to match speaker with amp. they already done a great job. The Wow Factor: good power reserve Overall: Had them almost 1 year , still pounding.

"sound great as passive. buy the passive models and use better amps and they shine ." submitted February 23, 2007

By a customer from comcast,net
Musical Background: sound guy
Music Style: ever thing
Sound: just wrote a review after they blew in a year, the weak point is the lousy amps that are under powered and not sheilded, but before giving them to a local church i turned into passive . wow what a difference when using a real crossover and good amps . even just passive with a 6 mfd cap on the tweeter they sounded great . Feature: ok Ease of Use: bottom boomy highs dull . very good mids very neutral over all hard to bring out bass and treble with limted controls Quality: my exp with these may be isolated but the build seems poor, great am radio receivers, sound great passive Value: yes. but would highly recomend the passive model Manufacturer Support: poor cust support compared to other higher price co.s i expected to just be able to order a new amp it didnt happen that way and they arent really worth fixing when its so hard to get replacement service parts The Wow Factor: looks nice Overall: would be afraid to buy another product from behinger because of they do not seem to hold up . you got to replace it couple years thats not value. would buy the passive model

"Poor substitute for the real thing." submitted March 12, 2006

Overall
Sound: You get what you pay for. These might be adequate for a home theater setup or something. If you're serious about monitoring, no way. Feature: Features are a copy of the Mackie HR824. Ease of Use: Pretty simple here. Quality: Cheap, cheap, cheap. There is a GOOD reason that the Mackies cost four times as much. They're four times as good. Value: Gotta rate them high here. Manufacturer Support: They'll get back to you by email eventually. The Wow Factor: If you're serious about getting good monitors, you do not want these. Overall: Save your money and get better monitors.

"INCREIBLES MONITORES!!!" submitted March 17, 2006

By a customer from INTERCABLE.NET.VE
Musical Background: 28 A
Music Style: MUSICA LATINA
Feature: SUPER!! Quality: MUY BIEN CONSTRUIDAS Value: NO HAY NADA QUE POR MENOS DE 1000 $ SUENE ASI DE BIEN The Wow Factor: POSEO UN PAR , , TENGO 25 A

"Try before you Buy" submitted July 15, 2004

Music Style: electronic
Sound: FOR THE PRICE...they're cool. otherwise, any serious bass work and be prepared to experience port chuff. Feature: good tweakability for a powered speaker of this price, and you can "dilute" port chuff by properly adjusting the frequency response of the bass on the rear, as well as attenuate the highs. Quality: BEWARE - CITY DWELLERS : these monitors pick up radio interference, and they don't even have to be connected to anything...simply "ON". this is probably a Behringer thing, i presume. yes, they're heavy, but that doesn't mean they're "quality." harsh highs is not a myth with these, but can be attenuated nicely with the high frequency response adjuster on the rear, set to -2db. you're paying 340 for the pair, so what do you 'really' expect? Value: other than serious radio interference and port chuff, they do sound good...for the price. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: n/a Overall: on a serious budget? as long as you don't have high expectations and/or don't use these for serious engineering/mixing, you will be satisfied. they definitely get the job done with a nice touch. this seems to be a good studio monitor for the project studio on a budget looking to upgrade from more "consumer"/"pro-sumer" level speaker products. i give it an overall 5: because...if you experience it, the radio interference is a serious, serious let down. renders them pretty much useless, and you will find yourself quickly utilizing the re-seller's 30-day guarantee.

"INCREIBLES MONITORES!!!" submitted March 17, 2006

By a customer from INTERCABLE.NET.VE
Musical Background: 28 A
Music Style: MUSICA LATINA

"Thanks, but No Thanks" submitted July 21, 2008

Music Style: All
Sound: They are called "Truth" , Well the truth is that they sound bad. The sound of these monitors can be best described as harsh and clinical. If you want to know what your mix will sound like out these in the real world,dont use Behringer monitors Feature: Features dont matter if the main thing - the sound - is bad Ease of Use: Easy, plug them in and see for yourself Quality: Behringer quality, will it still work tomorrow ? Value: You usually get what you pay for,but with these, you get less than what you pay for Manufacturer Support: Support is as bad as the product.They do not want to hear from you. The Wow Factor: Thanks, but No Thanks Overall: Spend just a little bit more and get something else

"Simply GREAT!!!!" submitted September 28, 2004

By a customer from coolyork.com
Overall
Sound: Man! These things sound great. We have mackie 824's at the studio and mackie has nothing on the behringers. Everything stands out in the mix, it's almost like having a seperate speaker for each instrument. Other monitors tend to slur everything together and end up sounding like home stereo speakers, but not these. Feature: There's all kinds of switches to tweak the sound. I'm not going to list them here, download and read the manual at behringer.com Quality: When I got them, I was taking out one speaker and accidently dropped it on the floor. Ooops. No damage, I was more careful with the 2nd speaker. These are very heavy speakers, not quite as heavy as my Marshall TSL100 head, but close. To the idiot who claimed these pick up radio signals: BULL! I live in NYC and I have no problems what-so-ever. None. Maybe you shouldn't buy you audio cables at radio shack, dude. Value: I prefer these monitors over the mackies only because the mackies are too bass heavy and I end up compensating for this and the mixes are not as true (universally good sounding) as the behringers. Manufacturer Support: I've never called them, never had to return anything, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, 10. Their website is great; one of the best ones out there. PDF manuals and huge JPG's for every product. The Wow Factor: Want it? Hell, I already got it. Overall: The 2031a's sound fantastic, they're damn loud, true, and at $339 just blow everyone else away. Brand name snobs diss these monitors all the time and usually without even hearing them, but that's because they paid too much and just ass-u-me high price means best quality. It doesn't - just look at protools (blech) vs sonar & cubase. I'll take sonar or cubase over that protools crap anytime. If these monitors were priced the same as the mackies, I'd still rather get these. Everything that behringer puts out isn't great, but these sure are.

When you call, mention priority code 14NX-9Q9P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976