When you call, mention priority code 20B-H6FP

Rating and Reviews: Behringer B-1 Mic

Designed and priced with the home-studio musician in mind, the B-1 from Behringer captures your music with incredible realism, sensitivity, and accuracy.

Overall

"Microphone which makes you feel good, smart and satisfied." submitted September 30, 2004

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Jazz & Rock
Sound: Microphone sounds very good, I am not dissappointed at all. I would highly reccomend this microphone especially for the price. I recorded my son playing our upright piano and I am very happy with the sound. The recording was comparable to piano CD's we have. For those people who are interested I placed two microphones (the ones I am reviewing) near the back of the piano. The recording and sound was pretty clean, especially considering it was a home recording). I wanted and was able to capture a pretty "clean" sound, from this point one can add reverb to replicate different hall effects if I desire. Feature: The feature set for this microphone is absolutely the best and of high quality. The shock mount is impressive as well as the microphone carrying case. Quality: Very good quality all around. The microphone itself has a nice heavy solid feel. It is also nice to look at. Everything about this microphone including the accesories gives one a quality feel. Value: I shopped around for microphones, compared specifications, look at the functionality, looked at accessories as well as read reviews. There is no other microphone you can touoh for this price given all of the above. I bought two and may buy two more. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with the company yet, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, there should be a NA rating along with the 1 to 10 rating. The instruction booklet should give more information/pictures in how to use the shock mount as well as explaining that there is a 3/8" brass adapter which needs to be removed to fit the standard 5/8" microphone mount. The Wow Factor: Aesthetically this is a very appealing microphone. The foam head accessorie is a bit large, brings some chuckels but isn't unattractive. Besides the microphone all the accesories have an appealing and quality look and feel to them as well. Before I even opened up the microphone case my wife saw the microphone case and was impressed with the case design. One nice thing about this design is that it is unique enough that people will identify with it quickly. Overall: If one is interested in recording I would absolutely reccomend this microphone. One thing I would suggest is to buy 30' of XLR cable, I bought 20' thinking it would be enough and I am about 10' short. My reccomendation would be to buy one 20' XLR cable and one 10' XLR cable per microphone. The enviroment I am in is home recording.
28 of 29 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Unbelieveable value!" submitted November 7, 2003

Music Style: Alternative rock
Sound: Amazing sound for the price, sold my Neumann TLM 103 after comparing with the B-1. Feature: A hard case, windscreen and shockmount on a mic at this price point is unheard of. Quality: Overall quite good but the same fit and finish of a Neumann, it's more comparable to a Rode NT-2 (at 1/3 the price). Value: For the money amazing. If there is anything that can beat it at three times the price I'd be shocked. The Wow Factor: Very cool, makes vocals sound alive. Overall: Couldn't ask for anything more.
22 of 24 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Makes me sound better without practicing!" submitted December 2, 2003

By a customer from sosbbs.com
Music Style: Straight-ahead Jazz
Sound: Have only used SM57's previously and am not an experienced recordist, but this bugger sounds great to me. Sound is clear and airy and "right there" instead of lurking off in the far corners somewhere -- no hint of the muddy dark tone that always plagued me before. Feature: Has bass rolloff and an attentuation pad, which do their job. Included shockmount is really high quality -- all metal and convenient to use. Case is surprisingly good. Foam spitguard is odd-looking but effective. Those complaining of the thread adapter: LOOK AGAIN! There is a brass 3/8 adapter screwed in. Remove it to find 5/8-27 threads! Quality: Nice construction, every part smooth, strong and well-fitted. Value: I am finding it hard to believe something so nice is priced so reasonably. Very much worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't broken it yet, no experience with factory support. The Wow Factor: Professional-looking. Studio now looks like I may know what I'm doing. Overall: I suspect in 3 years I will know more about mics and be able to see the usefulness of an expensive one. But this should always find some sort of use, even so. I dig its sound on vocals and tenor saxophone; I might even sing some, now that the B1 makes me sound so much better. If it's ever lost, I'd go for another one immediately.

"Best recording mic ever!" submitted October 21, 2012

By Brandon Landes in Richmond, VA
Musical Background: I am a professional recording artist
Music Style: A little bit of everything
Overall: The description and reviews I read before purchasing this product are accurate. I was a little skeptical, however this mic does really perform well, and it is true that you won't really need to equalize your recordings. Very low noise, crisp clean recordings!

"Great microphone for the price." submitted January 20, 2010

Overall
Sound: I only had a Nady, a Radio Shack microphone and a Shure SM 57 so it seemed quite an improvement. I use it with a Yamaha mixer with phantom power. I now have a Rode K2 which costs almost 7 times as much and the Rode sounds a bit better, but not 7 times as much. Feature: It comes with a high quality case and a very nice shock mount. It also has bass rolloff and an attenuation pad. Ease of Use: It does not require any learning curve. Quality: Very solid, bullet-proof. Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support. The Wow Factor: It is for people that want a good condensor microphone at a very low price. Overall: I still use it although I have a much more expensive microphone.

"Great Mic" submitted January 27, 2015

By Mike F in Morro Bay, CA
Overall
Overall: This mic provides excellent sound quality comparable with much more expensive microphones. It does a great job of picking up the subtle sounds of the violins and violas I have recorded with it. The low frequency cutoff is a nice addition to this mic.

"This microphone will not disappoint you!!!" submitted October 24, 2009

Musical Background: Engineer, Producer
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B
Sound: The sound quality of this microphone is pretty good. I bought it around 2003 and I still use it till this day. I use it to record hip hop and r&b music and I have had no one complain about the sound yet. Most are actually surprised that such a cheap mic can sound this good. I know it may not beat out your top brand microphones and I will admit I have not tuned my ear to know the difference between all the famous mics, but this microphone is a must have. Feature: It comes with everything you need to put the microphone on a stand and start recording. It has a roll of which is useful if you live in urban areas like I do. It help by keeping the lower frequency sounds from entering your mix. Ease of Use: You plug it in and go, it does what a condeser mic should do. Quality: The quality is par none, especially for the price. I will always keep one of these around just because its so good yet if someone drops it I know it will last and if not its easy to replace. I have traveled to many cities with it outside of its case and it has not changed the sound one bit. Very sturdy. Value: I feel as if I have gotten my moneys worth and so much more. I love this microphone and I am only recently updating to different mics in my home studio. This is perfect for people with a budget that want to just get some work done. Manufacturer Support: Never needed to call. I heard they are slow to respond but hey, your not paying for support with these products you are paying for the product only. If you are worried about getting support I suggest going with a company that builds that into there product price. The Wow Factor: IT looks like a nice microphone and could sit on the same shelf as your high end mics and unless someone saw the Behringer label, they would not think twice about it.

"Great mic, low price. Get it now!" submitted October 19, 2004

By a customer from netcabo.pt
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur. But how I wish I could go pro.
Music Style: Alternative Rock.
Sound: Great sound. The presence boost is most welcome on vocals. In most cases it doesn't need any eq at all. Clear and transparent (but with a nice punch!). Feature: The filters (on the mic) are very useful. If you switch the "-10db" filter on, you can probably even use the B1 on stage! The little metalic case is most stylish and the handle is top notch too. Quality: Heavy, stylish, good. Value: An amazing micro almost for free! What else do you want? Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it yet. But, with so many products and retailers, it must be good, yes? The Wow Factor: Very cool. The girls stare at it and want to touch it. (lol) Overall: If it ever breaks (hope not), I'll buy another B1 just like it.

"Buy the Mic, Be Happy!" submitted December 22, 2003

Music Style: HipHop - Rap
Sound: I also own a Shure 55H Classic Dynamic Mic which retailed for around $160, this sounds 5x's better than this, with the exception of this being a condenser mic tho. Sound was "there", very clean and crisp, extremely low noise, I believe I didn't hear no noise at all! I use on vocals only, with the addition of a Presonus Preamp... Very rich sounding. Feature: Features are good for the price, I mean its mike, they only have a few features if any. Quality: Very cleanly made, durable construction.. Spidermount very solid as well.. Value: Worth every penny, works well for home recording hobbyists or musicians. Manufacturer Support: I called Behringer 3x's to ask them about one of their mixers, very friendly and helpful, sounds like they know what their doing. Overall: Overall, this product fits my needs nicely, might search for another condenser mic soon, just to have a few in my home studio... Very much worth its weight in gold.

"one tight mike" submitted January 1, 2006

By a customer from yahoo.net
Musical Background: active musician, engineer
Sound: this mike fools everyone Feature: case, shock mount and wind screen included Quality: all I can say is its sweet looking, and appears to be built to last Value: like I said before everyone who hears the takes think I'm using something much much more costly Manufacturer Support: never had to call them!!! The Wow Factor: i dont know about "sex appeal" but it is indespensible at this point Overall: not only would I replace it I'm going to buy a B2 as soon as I can

"It's alright." submitted May 22, 2007

Music Style: Industrial
Sound: It sounds ok, the mic does what it has to do and gets the job done for the price. Its not up to par with other mics that cost just a few bucks more. The only problem I really have, is it really seems i have to crank the Pre to get it cookin. Feature: It has some cool extras, not top notch but if you are an at home musician or hobbyist there is no reason you need a whole lot more. Ease of Use: Its a Mic, you plug it in, turn on phantom and use it. Quality: I like this mic fair enough, although, if i lost it i would probably go for a slightly better mic. Still, i wont deny that it makes a good introductory mic. Value: Its a hundred bucks. It records. As i said before though, if it broke i would probably get a slightly better mic and spend a few more bucks. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. The Wow Factor: it looks nice, but the beringer logo on the side tells people its cheap. Overall: I think the mic is ok. I only gave it a higher rating because I believe that it makes a good beginner mic. Once you become a little more serious and noticing little things in your recordings this mic may not cut it. Oh and i do industrial so distortion doesnt really bother me. The fact that i have to crank this thing to hear it however does.

Behringer B-1 Mic Customer Review submitted November 20, 2011

By a customer from charter.net
Overall
Sound: I'm ham radio operator using this mike is awsome this mikephone is hotter than heil goldline mikephone,i heard from other and going to buy one used mine is good shape like new ! this mike went from s5 to s7 now s9 with this mikephone the mike is stronger than heil goldline that is why bh-1 went to s9 on my single report i use it every morning durning my weather net on 80 meters ! this mike is a keeper ;) when you use the make sure audio mixer my mixer is xenyx802 there is button is called: phantom it will work as long the button is pushed in ! Feature: this mike is used for ham radio, i love this mike better it hotter mike that i found ! Ease of Use: my single went to s9 on single report on my ham radio !

"You get what you paid for..." submitted February 1, 2008

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: alternative,pop,rock,r&b,rap,jazz,drum&bass...
Sound: Sounded good until 2 years later it started creating it's own wind/rumble sound out of no where. I checked all of my equipment & connections and noticed it was the microphone making the worst wind/rumble/pop sounds ive ever heard. Feature: For its price i didnt expect any features other then the standard cutoff settings. Comes in a great pro-finish looking briefcase that contains/holds the: The microphone,windscreen & shock mount Ease of Use: It's a simple XLR connection from the microphone to the mixer or/preamp. No manual or/ technical help needed for that. Quality: Being my 1st condenser microphone, i didn't know exactly what's the difference in quality. But since using it often i now know, It's pretty flat-naturally so it 'NEED's an eq & compression to give it more depth & warmer tone. It's very sensitive & picks up the smallest background noise. Value: It's a good microphone if you want some added 'presence' in the 12khz range & above. Manufacturer Support: I've havent had to call there support line yet but now that my microphone has gone psycho, it's out of warranty. The Wow Factor: Nothing other then the price that makes it Want-able. Overall: Good microphone for the whole 2years it lasted,and i babied it. May last longer for others, but i wont buy another one as theres better for a little bit more in quality & features.Will read reviews more closely before buying from a company that focuses mainly on just pricing.

"A good deal... But it's not the only one. Great starter mic!" submitted August 30, 2007

By a customer from yahoo.ca
Overall
Musical Background: Sound technician, bedroom studio owner!
Music Style: hip-hop, urban music....
Sound: I think it's definitely a good mic to start out with. A first condenser when you record your vocals at home, or acoustic guitar etc... The truth is, you get bored of it... personally as I learned more and more about working on the audio, parallely I was groing out of the mic. So now that I want to move up and try my tricks on a better mic... I would, still, recommend this to begin with.. Its a decent mic, FOR 100!! Feature: Hey.... not all have -10 dB and low cut filters! Ease of Use: plug and play, or so they say... Quality: Its a condenser mic... DON'T DROP IT MAN!!!!! Value: For the money.. it's a good deal.. But I, at this point, would have bought another one.... Rode nt1 maybey.. AT 4040.... Manufacturer Support: I dunno The Wow Factor: It's like a purdy flower.... I like the look...

"GOOD MIC FOR THE MONEY AS ALL BEHRINGER MIC'S" submitted May 3, 2005

By a customer from C2I2.COM
Overall
Musical Background: SENIOR BROADCAST ENGINEER/RECORDING ENGINEER. 44 YEARS..
Music Style: ROCK,JAZZ,POP, ETC.
Sound: NOT BAD FOR A 99.00 MIC. I WAS SURPRISED!!! Feature: THE B-1 IS OK FOR WHAT IT IS A GENERAL PURPOSE RECORDING MIC.IN THE STUDIO OR OUT ON THE RUN IN CLUBS,AT CHURCH ETC.... Quality: MADE VERY WELL,HEAVY DUTY CASES AND RUGGED ELECTRONICS. Value: VERY CONSERVATIVE PRICE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE MIC'S THEY BUILD.. Manufacturer Support: HAVENT HAD TO USE DONT KNOW!!! The Wow Factor: IT'S OK...I DONT NEED A SEXY MIC TO GET GOOD SOUND...FOR WHAT EVER THAT MEANS ...........SEXY MIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall: OVERALL THE B-1 AND B2-PRO ARE VERY GOOD STUDIO MICS. BEHRINGER HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB OF PRODUCING GOOD MIC'S FOR THE MONEY, AND THE SOUND YOU GET FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!

"Cream Puff" submitted March 27, 2005

By a customer from west.net
Music Style: Folk, Rock
Sound: Crisp. Clean. Feature: You get a case, mount, windshield, cutoff switch. Wow Quality: Really seems sturdy and very professional looking metal finish. Value: Wow! There's actually many cheaper condensers now that the far East is making them all, but this one seems tough to beat. Manufacturer Support: In the past, I've contacted Behringer by email and heard back within a day or two. The Wow Factor: For the money, it's a real beaut. Overall: I know there's "better" mics out there, but there will be MANY other parts of my home studio I replace before this one.

"HIGHLY UNRELIABLE" submitted April 4, 2006

Music Style: soft electro shoegaze
Sound: i have owned 3 of these microphones, and they all sounded pretty decent until they quit working, all in identical fashion. Feature: came with a nice case thar is at least still useful. Ease of Use: no instructions neccesary. Quality: as i said, all 3 of my behringer b-1 microphones have ceased to function properly (i don't smoke, and i treat my equipment with great delicacy). first you notice a questionable low volume rustling sound, much like wind passing across the microphone. after a short while this progresses into full blown squealings and popping, with an unmanagable bass rumble. at that point, the mics no longer pick up sound. the random popping/squealing/rustling/rumbling is kind of interesting, but it's not at all the sort of use i was hoping to get from these mics. VERY VERY SHODDY. if you decide to buy one of these, you should consider your selection more of a "loan" of indefinate length rather than a "purchase". Value: stay away unless you enjoy wasting your money. Manufacturer Support: hopeless The Wow Factor: it's very sexy looking, i'll give it that. might be cool if you could hang it from a matching necklace, serious "bling factor" there. Overall: i will never buy another behringer product so long as i live, unless i here stories of a miraculous turnaround in quality control.

"An Honest Review." submitted November 11, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Hip-Hop, Alternative, Tons of Stuff.
Sound: How does it sound? It sounds like a $100 condensor. NO, it does not sound as good as a TLM 103 or other high end mics. For the money, yea I guess it is a good deal maybe. I would personally go for the Studio Projects B1 in the same price range. This mic does not sound like $500+ condensors... sorry.. it does't even sound like $200-300 condensors. Feature: Comes with decent shockmount and case... nothing special... nothing bad. Quality: Chinese made, it looks OK I guess, it seemed to be pretty sturdy. Value: I would go for the Studio Projects B1 in the same price range. Overall: It is a $100 condensor... you get what you pay for, no it is not superb quality, will it do for home musicians?? I guess that depends on how serious about your music you are. If you are serious look at some more higher end condensors.

"Nice mic right here." submitted November 28, 2004

By a customer from strave.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active Musician
Sound: I haven't used mics upwards of 300 dollars but what I can say is that this is honestly the best sounding mic I've used. It sounds better than an AT3035, an MXL 2001 (this sounded close but the highs were just so much more defined with the behringer when eqed), an oktava mk319, shure sm 57 lots of stuff... basically most of the mics in the 100-200 dollar range. This one beats them all in my opinion. However, EQing and compression is a must... I don't care what these people say, this mic (and most) will not sound their best without optimizing it's spectrum. Feature: typical. Quality: Something is wrong with the jack but it doesn't effect the mic when it's mounted so oh well. Value: great value... I'd pay up to probably 20 bucks more but I'm cheap. The Oktava Mk319 and AT3035 sounded really similar with some kind of housing echo added... this mic blows them away. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: looks pretty. Overall: The mic for the home recording person. While there are better mics out there, (listen to your favorite recording... there is only so much processing you can do... what it really comes down to is the source, the mic, and the preamp) this one will do for anyone in the 50-500 price range in my opinion.

Behringer B-1 Mic Customer Review submitted December 24, 2010

Sound: For the price the sound is incredible! People cant believe that I record my tracks in an apartment. - Elevatedmind Productions

"Worthwhile buy - but WATCH THAT SWITCH!" submitted April 20, 2010

Musical Background: Sound Engineer
Music Style: Everything from traditional choir/orchestras to modern rock/RnB stuff. Tend to do a lot of Christian stuff.
Sound: I use this for mostly choirs, distant miked, and individual instrument soloist purposes. It works for the purpose - they tend to sound a bit better in halls with not very good acoustics - and is very sensitive, but very feedback resistant. Sounds like a what a large diaphragm mic should sound like, but tuned for clarity. Overall, satisfactory for the price. Can beat some mics costing 3-4 times the price for certain applications. Feature: Does what a mic should do. Low cut/pad switch works well and is thoughtful but NOT NOISELESS when you turn the switch, especially after a few months. MUTE, and i REALLY MEAN MUTE, the channel if changing switch positions for the sake of your speakers. Some 'think-i-know-it-all-about-sound' guy turned the switch when i was checking something else during sound check - fried some speakers in that one move. YOU WERE WARNED!! Ease of Use: Plug, set and play, really... Quality: First is the above-mentioned switch. And the case it was provided with is falling apart. But that's after 6 years... Value: It's a deal for the price. Manufacturer Support: Behringer Malaysia distributor sucks. That's all i can say. I owned other stuff which had some QC issues or just simply was trashed and needs repair, and it needed quite a long time of arguing with the technician and send-backs before it was ok. The Wow Factor: It actually looks like a pro mic. Sounds quite like one. Feels solid. So... Can mics really be sexy? Overall: I've been using this for about 6 years now for many events day in and day out. It's been trashed, but it's holding well. I'll buy more/replace it with the same in a heartbeat, unless something really worth comes along or this is discontinued. Having said that, Malaysia doesn't have much good deals with products.

Behringer B-1 Mic Customer Review submitted May 23, 2009

Overall
Sound: Hey,i need a new mic.hey,i need a new CHEAP mic.Hey,that Rode is too pricey for me.Why not the behringer? I admit it.The B-1 is perfect if you're a fan of that thin,cheap sound,that really irritating thing known as Resonance.But hey,it's under 100 dollars so who cares,right? Feature: Lemme make it clear that this is NOT a 100 dollar condenser.Half the money you spent were Accessories.The awesome-looking case,the Shockmount and the Pop-Up,ball-type windscreen all cost money,Add the cable,and you got about 40 dollars of pure,lousy condenser microphone. Ease of Use: Hey,it's a godsend to stupid people.Are you one of those idiots that don't know what a mic looks like?Get a new hobby.Everyone else,this one's easy. Quality: B E H R I N G E R . High Quality till i die-so i reccomend a different brand. Value: What do you know?Our first good grade!And why?Because of the features. Manufacturer Support: When i want an answer to one of my questions, i want it from intelligent,dilligible people.Actually,i just want an answer. So there's no point in waiting for 3 hours on the phone while that behringer secretary drinks her coffee. The Wow Factor: I want it!This one's good for practicing on my darts! Overall: Naah.Rode.

"Behringer B1 Condenser Mic" submitted February 3, 2008

Overall
Sound: Whatever you read about Behringer, Yes some of their products really are of very bad quality, had a Europower mixer that broke down on its third use. But whatever, Behringer mics are OK, very OK indeed. The B1 is a nice sounding microphone that can compete with any condenser mic in the price range. The sound of the B1 is cristalclear, nice and even. Good for male and female vocals. OK, ist not a Neumann, but you won't get a Neumann for that price. I can highly recommend the Behringer B1, however the quality of Behringer products, their microphones are good. Feature: Check out the Behringer website, Its got a roll of switch, and -10 attenuation is possible too, comes with shockmount, carrying case and popfilter,not a bad package actually, especially for that price Ease of Use: As any condenser mic Quality: I have the B1 since a about 3 years now, it never has let me down. Value: Well, the B1 is good value for money Manufacturer Support: I only can talk about their German support, I needed Behringer support in regards to a Behringer mixer. Now, to be honest, their support is no good, they are unfriendly and unhelpful, Sorry Behringer, but this is the truth The Wow Factor: zZounds is asking about the "sex appeal" of this product, what a stupid question, IT IS A MICROPHONE; - I have sex appeal, not the mic Overall: I give it it a 5, because of the Behringer german support, normaly I'd give it a 9 - (never give a 10 unless.... unless a 10 is 100% justified)

"Years of experience with Behringer B1" submitted January 2, 2008

Musical Background: prof musician
Music Style: allI get payed for
Sound: In regards to sound I give this mic a 9, its not The Best - BUT - considering its price it deffinitely is one of the best. The Behringer B1 was my first large diaghramm condenser.I now own this for a few years and it never has let me down. I seriously think the B1 is one of the best sounding mics in this price range. Using it on vocals and acoustic guitar,- I like to state that the mic sounds natural, crisp and clear. Deffinitely better than most other chinese made condenser mics. Behringer has a bad reputation but with the B1 it seems they want to make up for that. Feature: Well, there are the usual features, check on the Behringer website Ease of Use: Its as easy to use as any condenser mic, just keep it in the case when not on use and use a pop screen when singing into the mic Quality: I have my Behringer B1 since a few years, used it a lot and it never has let me down. So it seems to be of a very good quality. If you hold it in your hand actually I think you can feel it is very good quality. Value: The Behringer B1 certainly is good value for money Manufacturer Support: This I guess is what might break Behringer if they do not get their act in order. I once needed their support in regards to a Behringer mixing desk. If there is anything that will break the Behringer company it is their support, at least here in Germany. When I emailed them regarding a problem with the desk my email was ignored, not answered. So I had to re-send the email several times to finally get a reply. This reply was not satisfactory in regards to my problem. After all it took more than six month until I finally got a satisfactory reply to a simple (but not stupid) question. Speaking to their tech. support here in Germany - I find them rather unfriendly. Sorry Behringer, but that is my experience with your support. The Wow Factor: zZounds here asks: "How would you rate the "sex appeal" of this product?" We are talking about a MICROPHONE here,- Sex Appeal-?????? are you gone mad. Overall: Good quality mic, great value for money, maybe one of the best in this price range

Behringer B-1 Mic Customer Review submitted December 24, 2007

Overall
Sound: perfect clear but over exageret in hi freq...so alittle eq-ing s necessary..and u must use a class A preamp..w w important don t use cheap preamp liKE little BEHRINGER UB use one moore expensive..300$ Feature: great..f u have great voice s ok ,but f you re voice s not ok goo for expensive mic .for start 500$ Ease of Use: remember a goot preamp..minimum 300$ minimum gain posiible Quality: s ok f you re voice s ok..good f acoustic guitar Value: perfect Overall: the price s w w cheap...and the mic s w w big in quality y have for 1 year works perfect..and my STUDIO PROJECT C1 s big brother!!Dont get my wrong...goo buy B1...FOR THIS PRICE!! AMAZING

"Great Mic." submitted October 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: Great sound. Mostly used on Vocals. Compares to more expensive mics. Feature: The switch is a nice addition for $100 mic. Ease of Use: Very little editing required to get a good recording. Noise is very low. Quality: Great Quality on the vocal tracks I recorded. Have not used it for anything else. Value: Can't beat the price Manufacturer Support: N/A

"Best mic for the price." submitted August 5, 2007

Musical Background: Active musician , sound designer
Music Style: regge, dub, trip hop, jazz...
Sound: Great sound for the price, crystal clear signal, we compare it with Noiman, it had 10 percent less queality under the same conditions! Feature: Switch, give u the possibility of different kinda recordings. Ease of Use: U just put it in ure mixer and turn on the phantom... Hehehe... Quality: Very good quality for the price. Value: Great value for 100 bucks... Manufacturer Support: Dont need one. I have it for 3 years, and it works just perfect. The Wow Factor: I have it. Overall: Really good mic for all kinda aplications.

"Gets the job done for less than the big boys. Immense sex appeal." submitted April 12, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Musician
Music Style: Rock, Alt. Country, Americana, Pop
Sound: The sound of this is very silky. That would be a good thing, except it doesn't really have the bottom end to round it out. Feature: For a 100 dollar mic to have a rolloff switch and pre-attenuation device (pad)? Not bad at all. But if you're into stereo miking get a B2 with the switchable polar patterns. For the XY, M-S, etc... Ease of Use: Ehhh would be a lot easier to make sound good with outboard EQ. But you don't have extra money laying around for EQ, that's why you're looking at this! I know. I've been there. Quality: Nothing on it has broken with me. But I'm very careful with it. I still have the moisture absorber thing in the case with it. Value: For the price, it's a good condenser mic. Manufacturer Support: I've never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Haha. Part of the reason I wrote a review for this was to see if they actually ask you the "sex appeal" of a product. Well believe it or not they do! But yeah, it's hot. Only problem is I'm a dude, and I can only fit a female end in it. (XLR. Get it? Sound geek joke.) Overall: You know, like anything in this industry, you get what you pay for. If you are even reading this, you want a piece of gear with decent quality that's going to get the job done for less than the big boys. With the money you save buying this, also get a compressor(for like 80 bucks)and learn how to use it! THAT combination is going to really bring out the vocal track.

"Save your money, and go upmarket." submitted March 25, 2007

Musical Background: Radio Producer, Studio Engineer, Active Musician
Music Style: Electronica, Rock, Radio Jingles, Spoken Work
Sound: For a hundred dollars? Well, the sound is acceptable, but not great. It's clear and reasonably crisp... but gets very muddy quickly with proximity and has a rather natty harshness to it. No real air or depth, but ok for spoken word things as long as you compess and add some clever EQ. I work in radio, and alot of presenters prefer to use an SM58 over this, even though it's way cheaper. If you're serious about sound, you are better off going a bit more expensive. Feature: Frankly, too many features... pads and roll-off etc are all well and good, but your money would be better spent on sound quality. Ease of Use: Again, I find having little switches on your mic is annoying. Radio presenters tend to fiddle with them, messing up your studio set up... it's just more things to worry about. Otherwise... it's a microphone... plug and play. Quality: Actually pretty sturdy for a behringer item. We've been using this 24/7 for over two years in our production and broadcast studios and people have bashed and knocked it all over the place, and yet it still works just as well as it did when we first got it. Value: It's good value for the price, but I personally wouldn't buy such a low-priced condenser. you are better off saving your money for a Rode. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: I don't care about 'sex appeal'... it doesn't look ugly. Overall: Good sound on a budget... but nothing more.

"POOOh!!! I crapped out twice." submitted July 31, 2006

Overall
Sound: it sounded great for a $100 mic, I was REALLY impressed. TILL the pos broke.. Feature: who cares, it broke Ease of Use: who cares it broke Quality: Behringer just plains sucks in the quality control department (if they even have one) my mixer crapped out and this mic, no more beringer for me. VERY disappionting too because the stuff had GREAT sound. Value: IT broke Manufacturer Support: LOL, till I ship it and pay for the cost, IF they even covered the repairs.... so I didn't bother, sucked up the loss and took it as a life lesson. The Wow Factor: not unless someone heads to chine to teach quality control. I won't be purchasing anymore behringer products. Overall: IT broke

Behringer B-1 Mic Customer Review submitted December 14, 2004

Sound: I HAVE NO TIPS BUT ITS JUST HORABLE I WASTED MY MONEY

"The worst mic you could ever buy!" submitted November 18, 2004

Overall
Sound: This mic produced the worst recordings I have ever made. It was so bad that I switched back to a mic from radioshack that cost me $28. The audio recorded was very soft and scrambled. Feature: It came with a shock mount. SO. Quality: As I said before very soft and distorted recordings with this mic. Oh, and it broke! Value: Not worth the money, buy a cheap mic before getting this piece of crap. Manufacturer Support: I guess its my problem now. The Wow Factor: nothing is sexy if it doesnt work/perform. It was a good addition to my studio if I wanted something to look at. Overall: I still have it, and the only reason is that I hope to find some use for it since I payed a hell'a lot for it.

"Get atleast one of them" submitted September 2, 2004

Overall
Sound: warm sound. Transparent, clear. Feature: Good shock mount and hard shell case. Quality: The mic seems very well made. For $100 this is a steal. I'm buying a few more for my recording applications. Value: YOU SIMPLY WILL NOT FIND A BETTER MIC FOR THIS PRICE. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems with this within the year I've used it, so I haven't had to get support. Registering is simple and can be done online. The Wow Factor: Feels great in your hand.... and looks great in it's mount. Overall: Great value

When you call, mention priority code 20B-H6FP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976