When you call, mention priority code 14R3-DD34
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: BLUE Snowball USB Mic

Upgrade from your computer's built-in mic with the Blue Snowball USB condenser microphone, with switchable omni/cardioid pickup patterns and a -10 dB pad.

"Blue Snowball USB Mic - Perfect" submitted July 25, 2012

By Alex M in South hadley, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Piano for many years, not playing any more.
Music Style: -
Overall: I bought the Blue Snowball for doing audio level recording only. I needed something that would work well for me to be sitting, standing, pacing and projecting. Basic Voice-over type work. It works flawlessly. It is just small enough that it travels with me, and works well in hotels, my home 'studio' or in general areas. Sometimes, it picks up background noise a little too well, but not enough that I haven't been able to solve the issue. All in all, great features and excellent quality for the price.

"Blue Snowball Condenser USB Mic" submitted October 17, 2012

By Owantha Morm in Modesto, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been doing music for over 15 yrs...
Music Style: HIP-HOP AND RNB...
Overall: Very satisfied... It took about a week to get my mic... (business days)... I plug my mic in and there it was, everything works... & I bought an open box 1 too :) Sounds better than my technical condense mic...

"When it works, it rocks." submitted June 3, 2009

By a customer from hexibase.com
Musical Background: Podcaster
Music Style: Spoken Word
Sound: Obviously, this is subjective. Until the Snowball, I've used regular dynamic microphones with XLR running through a mixer and into the AUX in on my sound card. With the Snowball, the sound (voice) is more airy, crisper, and carries more of the baritone. It will make you a lot more comfortable with your voice. As long as you can find a relatively quiet room in the house (away from the fridge, AC unit, etc...) background noise isn't a problem, especially if you're mixing a voice-over into something that already has some sound - what little background noise there is, becomes inaudible. Also, software like Adobe Audition can learn and subtract noise from the selection altogether. Feature: With the two capsules and 10dB pad, this mic has more features than you'll find in mikes costing several grand. Ease of Use: I have to come down to an 8 here. Depending on the USB chipset and the operating system, you may or may not be able to install this mic. Worst case scenario: Upon plugging it in, your "Found New Hardware" wizard will pop and ask you to select how you'd like to install this USB device. Whether you choose automatic or advanced install, it will invariably tell you that Windows couldn't find the proper drivers. Just something to keep in mind. I wanted to use it with my main workstation but it wouldn't install so I'm using it with my laptop which took it no problem. Quality: If I was to re-build this mic on 10 times the budget, I wouldn't be able to make it as solid feeling / looking as it is. No rattles, creeks, pops, squeaks... While I record, I can pick up the mic by the stand and you'd never even know in listening to the playback. Value: Excellent. A lot of it comes down to how you use it but, assuming you use all your equipment correctly, the Snowball will outperform a lot of far more expensive microphones. Manufacturer Support: I don't know yet. I e-mailed BLUE about the above mentioned driver issue and am still waiting to hear back. Then again, it's only been a day. The Wow Factor: Besides being a microphone to me, it's a conversation piece to anyone who sees it. It doesn't really look like anything. Could be a giant web cam, could be a small fan, could be an alien probe. It gets a lot of attention and, even if for some reason I stopped Podcasting, I would still wouldn't give away or sell this mic. I want it. It's mine. Hand's off--get your own. Overall: Overall, my happiness with this mic now is on par with my anticipation when I was waiting for it to get here. Aside from the minor USB compatibility issue (and I say minor because it worked with 7 of my 8 computers,) the Snowball is the mic to get if you want to record high-quality vocals (maybe instruments too - I don't know; I'm not a musician.)
43 of 47 people (91.49%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"AWESOME MIC!!!" submitted January 19, 2009

Music Style: Anything Guitar
Sound: VERY GOOD for recording acoustic guitar. You can even play your guitar while singing and it sounds great. Place the mic about 1-2 feet away from your guitar and jam away... its awesome. The 3 way switch really helps with getting the right sound according to what you're doing. The quite mode is good for the above mentioned acoustic guitar stuff. The loud mode is good for jamming even with full on drums! Feature: The tripod feet for the mic feels REALLY sturdy. It also allows you to raise or lower the mic by a couple inches. Comes with a USB cord which is all you need for plugging into your laptop or PC. Ease of Use: PLUG AND PLAY... its a USB mic, is there really more to say? I use it with a program called Audacity which is free, you can do multi track recording with it and it sounds great with the mic. thats it! Quality: This mic is SOLID. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Almost like you can drop it and it won't break. It's small, compact, solid. Value: I mean, look at the price, its a good deal. And did I mention it sounds amazing? Manufacturer Support: can't rate, had no problems with at yet, had it for about 2 months. The Wow Factor: This mic is sexy. Period. Overall: Since our band got this mic, we never have a session without it. It simply captures all the jamming awesomeness for us.
30 of 35 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"the snowball" submitted September 30, 2013

By bryan l in palestine, WV
Musical Background: 36 yrs playing guitar and banjo play at home
Music Style: Christian country and bluegrass
Overall: I bought my blue snowball from zzounds opened it and found it was in perfect condition pluged it into my laptop it works perfect couldn't ask for a better mic

"Quality, Value,... just buy it" submitted April 21, 2011

Musical Background: none
Music Style: Techno
Sound: I have borrowed my friend's so many times, I just decided to purchase my own. This mic is incredible!!! Feature: Great tripod Ease of Use: I plugged it in to my Mac and it worked right off the bat. Quality: It sounds like a super expensive mic. Manufacturer Support: n/a

"Awesome Quality" submitted April 24, 2013

By Santiago Sanjurjo in Rio Grande, PR
Overall
Musical Background: Saxophonist, Music Professor and Recording artist.
Music Style: Jazz, Ballads Latin, Electronic, Pop
Overall: I really love this mic. It's more than I imagine for a usb mic when I start use it for podcast and voice over I love also I try to record guitars and winds instrument and perform a great job it a really cool mic.

"White Ball for Xmas!" submitted January 3, 2011

Musical Background: Engineer
Music Style: Jazz/Rock/Blues/Classical/all
Sound: The mic is good for podcasting. The stand is a little cheesy. Feature: The mic should be shipped with software. There is freeware out there so it really shouldn't be a big cost item to include some. Ease of Use: Easy to hook up and get working. Quality: The stand is cheesy... not all that important though. Value: Good value, all in 1 style USB mic. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with a warranty issue as of yet. The Wow Factor: It isn't sexy, but it does work good enough. Overall: It is for a college student. The small compact form factor makes it easy to use, pack and store. Dorm room sized system!

"If you can make it work with your PC, it's a great mic." submitted July 15, 2009

Overall
Sound: Once you get it to work, the sound quality is great. Ease of Use: Tech support provides little help on this model. The "high-gain" update bricked my mic. I had to send it in and wait 1 month to get it back. now it works with Vista, but not XP. Value: I paid $90 for this. Manufacturer Support: Support would not confess to the fact that many people have problems with this mic in both XP and Vista. They just blame Microsoft. I'm sure their other mics are great. I just wouldn't recommend this one. Overall: I would not recommend this mic, due to the technical difficulties I have had with it, as well as the lack of tech support.

"?????????" submitted December 28, 2008

Overall
Sound: sound is ok. I'm not sure about the quality I have to play around with it a bit more. Ease of Use: very easy plug and play Quality: product is made very well for a cheap mic. Value: for podcasting yes recordind an album. ? Manufacturer Support: have not called for support yet. The Wow Factor: looks very good. Overall: wish it sounded a bit better.

When you call, mention priority code 14R3-DD34. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976