When you call, mention priority code 1580-C75J

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT4033 Mic

On a budget? Need a cardioid large-diaphragm condenser mic? This is it! Capture clean, clear, present and up-front vocals and more, with the classic AT4033.

Overall

"EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY/PERFORMANCE/VALUE=AUDIO TECHNICA AT4033...(I am by no means affliliated with AT...Except through this outsta" submitted August 18, 2011

Musical Background: Active/Recording/Singer/Songwriter/AcousticPlayer
Music Style: Alternative/Acoustic/Rock/R&B/Indy....?
Sound: Very Very good condenser mic without spending the huge money(I run it through an Apogee Duet with Logic/KRKVXT6's/BeyerDT250's in my 10'by12'home studio)..absolutley world class!.My music flo is Acoustic/SingerSongwriter-very very nice on acoustic guitar and even better on vocals...on soft intimate vocals very present and detailed/takes a strong more forceful vocal with ease and good detail-the presence/feel this mic produces across a broad dynamic range is very nice...IMHO my gear is pretty good by home studio standards and so I am able to pick up next to anything going on outside of my soundsource/gear and to my pleasant suprise its not too sensitive to outside noise, and barring a passing V8/Train/Plane it actually keeps very good focus to the recorded source pretty tightly...Also actually fine to use without a pop screen(although I do use one occasionally)and it handles plosives/ess'ing pretty damn well....has a nice low self noise(again I have good sensitive gear and can notice otherwise)...equally good when sound source is up on the grill or 6ft back on it....Nice plugged into Genz Benz LT150 Acoustic Amp micing vocals and acoustic... Feature: Came with a nice shockmount of good quality solid build..,just like the mic,basically its very good to go, nice look black matte finish-looks good...like singing to a beautiful girl-it makes a difference singing into a good looking mic!...hahaha...(you know its true!) Ease of Use: Very easy to use, plug into my Apogee duet(has Phantom Power)and its on...have also used into my Genz Benz Shendoah LT150 micing both directly into amp and through vocal TC Helicon Voicetone correct pedal or just micing acoustic guitar, and it sounds very nice especially at lower levels until feedback(only used in small room with bad acoustics-so unsure how it sounds at higher sound level in a better suited environment...I bet its not bad and I am defintley keen to try!haha;).... Quality: Superb quality-people go on about Chinese condenser blah blah blah....but are you kidding,this is SOLID(accessories included)...This mic is sooo good it has made me an Audio Technica fan for life, I have since purchased an AE5400 handheld condenser which just shines...I am looking into an AT4021 for acoustic guitar studio/live and to be honest-if I had more cash to buy "higher end" gear i.e "the big names"i.e nuemann etc etc I would just go see what Audio Technica has in their top end of mic's....my thinking-if I can get such a great mic's a this price, what can I get from these guys for that quite a bit extra?....a prettty simple no brainer(for me anyway!).. Value: I did HEAPS of research...(Listen to "Big Brother"...)and save yourself some time haha!!Best value for money/quality punches well above its weight-FULL STOP. Manufacturer Support: Never had problems ,no need to...have you ever heard of anyone needing AT for support....I do ALOT of research before I buy my gear and I have never heard of anyone needing to...tells/told me one thing/pretty exceptional quality gear.... The Wow Factor: Like I said before, something feels right about singing into a thing like this!However the most important thing(right?haha..) is the beautiful way this reproduces sound...Who can go wrong(I am fussy and I didnt.....anyway..) Overall: I will always keep it-its too good, I might look into some higher end AT's somewhere down the line cicumstances($$$)permitting haha...this AT4033 is the bomb, would mind checking out other high end"tube"mic's from them maybe.....if a mic at this price is this good?....ummmmmm

"AT hits it right with the 4033 cl" submitted February 26, 2006

Overall
Sound: great sound....very clean and bright Feature: pad, hp filter....its all you need, however a multi directional pattern would have been nice. Ease of Use: easy Quality: great quality, i need a better preamp Value: you gotta get one of these or two...i have two The Wow Factor: woo, i wanted it, i bought it Overall: great mic for under 1000

"Audio Technica 4033" submitted December 26, 2013

By Matt N in Lexington, KY
Musical Background: Lifelong semi-pro bassist, home recordist for 4 years
Music Style: Blues and Rock.
Overall: THe AT 4033 is a nice mic. Solid build quality with a 10db pad and 80hz roll off. I have only used it for acoustic guitar and vox, and it shines in both applications. Very little eq needed with the roll - off engaged on acoustic. Suits my voice very well. A half db boost around 3k and another shelf @9, and my voice sounds great.

"No Matter What Mics You Have, You Need This One!" submitted November 30, 2006

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Active musician, recordist
Music Style: Rock, BritPop, Christian Pop/Rock, Alt. Rock, Ambient
Ease of Use: Almost indestructible. Quality: Stands up to all my other mics in almost all situations. Great for vocals, acoustic guitars, even pianos and amps. I would call that versitle. I also use it with analogue as well as digital venues with equal quality. Value: Outstanding. Comparable to many "famous" mics that cost much, much more. I have recorded with 414s and U87s and the AT33 actally does some things better, especially in home recording situations, and holds its own in all situations. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: Have the original. Am pleased that ater over a decade, a whole lot of people in music have agreed...That is why there is a Special Edition. Overall: I own the original...still working beautifully after 13 years. Currently, there are a pleathora of inexpensive (cheap?) mics on the market that tempt most of us. However, this one is priced very reasonably, but it gives much more quality than any other mic in the class. Buy it, You have 414s and U67s or U87s? But it. You will use it, and I believe you will adore it!

Audio-Technica AT4033 Mic Customer Review submitted October 13, 2005

Overall
Sound: great sound,although the noise spec. is not as good as my AT4040 Feature: has a 10db attenuator and bass rolloff.It's cardiod only. Quality: built very nicely-sounds nice on vocals.

When you call, mention priority code 1580-C75J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976