When you call, mention priority code 1404-T609

Rating and Reviews: ART Voice Channel

Fatten your vocal tracks with this tube mic preamp's selectable plate voltage and variable impedance -- then record to your computer via USB, ADAT or S/PDIF.

ART Voice Channel Customer Review submitted April 12, 2011

Music Style: Hip Hop / R&B
Sound: The Voice Channel has improved my Vocal recordings tremendously. I use a Bluebird mic running through the voice channel and was blown away by the improvement of the quality of recording the ability to add warmth via the tube setting. Since my homestudio enviorment has not been treated for recording and the gate function on the Voice Channel has worked phenomenal in keeping backgoud sounds out. I'm pretty new home recording but love this Voice Channel. The only thing is I wasn't able to record a acoustic guitar very well through it but that's most likely to my lack of knowledge of recording instruments for vocals it's awesome. Feature: So much you can do with this thing. Love it. Ease of Use: I took it out of the box and started recording. Knobs are well labeled and pretty easy to figure out. Still learning though. Quality: Well for the price you can't beat it. I've been researching a mic pre-amp w/ gate and compressor etc. This all-in-one machine is a whole lot of Value: Well for the price you can't beat it. I've been researching a mic pre-amp w/ gate and compressor etc. This all-in-one machine is a whole lot of function for the price. I'm vey pleased at what I got forthe price. Manufacturer Support: haven't had any problems yet.

"The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice." submitted April 6, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: singer songwriter producer engineer
Music Style: goth to gospel and all points between (no Jazz !!!!!!!)
Sound: Art mic pre's as a guideline are known to have a "dark" sound. But with features like semi parametric EQ, adjustable impedance and selectable plate voltage you can achieve more airy sounds with judicious use of an aural exciter it can be quite an airy sound. I use it with several good mics -A sony c38b, SE z5600a mkii, Rode NT1A, Samson VR88 and a cheap Apex 420 large diaphragm condenser. Curiously enough it is not the kind of pre that will make an 800 dollar mic (z5600amkii) sound like a million dollars. But it wont make my $2000 Sony sound like crap either. Its a good mic preamp with its own very usable sounds. But if you're thinking you can match it up against a really great mic pre and come out even then it will fall a little shy, still for just over 400 dollars? Grab it. Its one of the best in the price range only the Joe Meek OneQ is in its league Then again I havent used the Eureka or the GT Brick. Feature: The most useful feature is semi parametric EQ, followed by the selectable plate voltage and adjustable impedance selection. Not super crazy about the compressor. Metering is amazingly good on a unit at this price so are the output options. I dont think anyone has a system that this won't integrate into perfectly. I mean it, that's one of its strongest features. Ease of Use: Like anything the deeper the feature list -the trickier it gets. Still its all right there labeled in creme avec noir. no menus and sub menus though (I'm sure one day even tube pre's will be plagued by this.) Quality: Its a tube pre i'm not gonna through it up against a brick wall to find out. Tubes are sensitive. thats the way life goes. looks pretty though espescially when that VU meter is lit up and the compresser is working away. Use it on the road? no I would not. worst aspect of quality is probably that they dont use a premier tube then again one premier tube can set you back fifty dollars. Value: I own a few mic pres and a few bundled mic pres its better than the pres on my behringer eurorack because it has higher headroom. Better than the pres on my Emu 1616m for the same reason. I prefer it over my focusrite twintrak about 60 percent of the time. equal to "my" (okay its a loaner...) joe meek oneq Manufacturer Support: not applicable. Thank God. The Wow Factor: Its beautiful actually. Overall: Well i think anyone who takes the studio aspect of music as being more creative than utilitarian has to go out and search for more sounds and more ways to capture sounds I'm not getting rid of this thing even when i can afford a Focusrite 220
32 of 35 people (91.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT.... SMOOOOTH" submitted February 27, 2014

By paul g
Overall
Musical Background: playing for a long time
Music Style: Blues.. Pink Floyd type "wavy" music and abstract.
Overall: preface.. I also have 2 PRO VLA's and a PreSonus Studio Channel. When I 1st received the "VOICE" I actually thought it was working proprly because the difference when making adjustment did seem like much of a change. 1st thing I did wrong was not letting it break in.2nd thing was that I expected it to sound like my others.Now its a while since I received it and I guess it broke in but also I wasn't noticing what a smooth signal thta is patched to my DP-32. I actually noticed it when I played back a recording I did. LIGHNIN' HOPKINS VERSION "BABY PLEASE DON'T GO" It was buttery smooth but still had some punch to it... All my other compressors were straight analog. These are my 1st tubed. I really like the "voice" when practing I went "D I" right from the VOICE. always used an amp before. The sound really inspires me to keep playing because of the nuances and the great "pads" I play blues and slide.. finger picking. Its always been a challenge to keep the dynamics in line.. with the pad I don't have to mute the bass thumping any longer .. yet it doesn't sound attenuated... this alone is huge.. in fact, I ran the Voice thru my PA and with a few adjustments got some over drive from the tube and the PA sounded like tube amp , maybe not exactly but close enough so I will gig (solo" using just the Voice Channel and P A. with no amp. There are many more positive things I could say but I don't want to gush and its been reviewed nicely by others. The VOICE CHANNEL isn't like a sludge hammer its more like a brush and pallet with many colors.

"Really worth the money" submitted March 26, 2014

By paul gavoni in plymouth, MA
Overall
Overall: I purchased this to hear how the drums (from Korg MicroArranger) sounded.I connected left to the Voice Channel and right to my Pro VLA just to have stereo. The Voice channel sounded really bad. I started turning knobs and pushing buts and realized immediately that one little increment made a huge difference. Time went by and it slowly started to sound amazing.. with the VLA PRO II on one side and the Voice Channel on the other.. something happened I hadn't expected... ..imaging... Using the VLAP RO for the drums was great but the VOICE Channel took It to another level I didn't exspect. I was thinking about purchasing another Voice Channel (I'm not wealthy at all) but the pairing is so great I think I'll go with this set up.. I should add that the PRO VLA' is really good and as is said many time "especially for the money" In my opinion it brings whatever out front and is pretty transparent. I highly recommend the Voice Channel (I can only speak for drums) as is said many times, if the drums sound right everything else falls into place. THe WOW factor should be 5 stars+

When you call, mention priority code 1404-T609. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976