When you call, mention priority code 156L-RJTP

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg SVT-7PRO Bass Amp

With 1000 watts of killer Ampeg power in 15 pounds, the SVT-7PRO bass amp head boasts a tube front end, light Class D power, and classic Ampeg tone control.

Ampeg SVT-7PRO Bass Amp Customer Review submitted November 21, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: 10 yrs
Music Style: United States
Sound: the sound and tone i get from this amp is unparalleled ,by far the best amp iv ever used , extremely versatile and will give you the tone you want no matter what style you play Ease of Use: plug in and play ! Quality: sturdy and tough Value: its ampeg , there name is worth its wight in gold Overall: extremely satisfied with this amp

"ZZOUNDS takes care of their customers!" submitted August 15, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Played for 15 years took a 15 year break and I am back playing again.
Music Style: Rock and Country
Sound: I bought a SVT-CL from ZZOUNDS and received it in just a few days. I played in a band in the late 70's and 80's and always wanted this head as we are starting to play again and I can afford a SVT now. I was really excited about getting this head and could not wait to try it out. I really liked the sound of the SVT through my Ampeg 8x10 cabinet. My brother and I practiced for almost 2hrs the night I got my head and the SVT shut down. I turned it off for about 5 minutes and turned it on again and it lasted about 10 more minutes before it shut down again. I could not believe this amp only lasted for 2 hours. Contacted ZZOUNDS the next morning by email to tell them what happened. By early afternoon, ZZOUNDS emailed me a UPS return slip thatI printed and boxed the SVT up and sent it back that evening. I decided to get the SVT7PRO to replace the SVT-CL.(I just didn't trust the SVT-CL and the tube power after my short ownership) The next day I get a email from ZZOUNDS that my new head was in route to me...they did not even wait to see the SVT-CL I was sending back and check to see if I had dropped the head and broke it or abused it. Now that is customer service! ZZOUNDS takes care of their customers. I got the SVT7PRO in just a few days and really like it. To me it sounds as good as the SVT-CL. It sounds great for the style music we play(rock and roll, country). I have no complaints with this head. I have been playing this head for over a month now and no issues. I would recommend to everyone. Quality: I received the SVT7PRO well packaged and in perfect condition. Value: Compared to the SVT-CL, I would choose the SVT7PRO. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with AMPEG. Overall: I am through looking, for now, but if I buy anything else, it will be from ZZOUNDS!
30 of 31 people (96.77%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Returned to Ampeg" submitted February 7, 2013

By Rich R in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Semi-Pro gigging
Music Style: Rock, Acoustic Pop, Blues
Overall: After years of playing Mesa,Carvin,Fender, Line6 bass amps, I decided to give Ampeg a whirl again after once owning an SVTPro4. This 1000w amp combined with my SVT610 cab and a Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5 string bass is my dream rig. Turn it on, dial it in and unleash the thunder. I can go from smooth R&B tones to bone-crushing overdriven rock mayhem. What else can a person ask for? Thanks to Ampeg for double boxing this product and Zzounds for adding their shipping box. FedEx threw it over my 5' tall side yard fence in the middle of a heavy snow/rain storm. The outer box disintegrated upon retrieval, which had me in a fuming mad rage. No worries, the rest of the packaging saved the day. I checked out a few videos on YouTube on the proper way to dial in your sound/gain structure and then I was up and running in less than 5 minutes.

"The best all around bass head" submitted October 28, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Sound: I've been playing bass for 34 years and gig several times a month. I typically use an Ampeg 8x10 cab with a 1978 Ampeg SVT head. Wanting lose some gear weight, but keep the tone, I bought an SVT 7 pro to try out. This thing rocks,and is lightweight! It has a gain and a master volume. It has very powerful eq and tone options. The built in compressor is, as Ampeg claims,very transparent. By using some compression you can really turn the gain up and avoid clipping the preamp. I a/b'd the vintage all tube ampeg with the svt-7 pro. As one might exepct,the vintage all tube SVT head is louder and has more warmth. That having been said the svt-7 pro has more versatile eq options IMO, and held it's own against the best. I will have no hesitation sitting this thing on top of my cabinet at the next gig. At 15.5 lbs. versus 75 lbs. my back will love it. I haven't tried recording using the "tube direct out", but based on what I've heard so far,and looking at the design, I expect that to be very useful in the studio. Manufacturer Support: No support needed,but Ampeg has responded wellin the past.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ampeg SVT 7-Pro" submitted July 21, 2014

By Johnny B in Chino Hills, CA
Musical Background: Guitarist, Keyboardist, Mandolinist, Bassist, Vocalist, Pro
Music Style: Classic Progressive Rock
Overall: I was a little skeptical about buying a D-Class amp, but pulled the trigger out of need and the convenience of the monthly installment plan. I'd read the reviews and when I received the amp head I fully checked it out. Guess what, the amp switched off repeatedly after about ten minutes of concert level playing. Thermal shutdown was not an option here. So I packed it up, notified Zzounds and shipped it off. They had a new one on my doorstep in 4 business days. When I received and checked the second unit, no problems. I had a big casino show two days later and wanted the tone and look on top of my SVT Anniversary 810e cabinet, but I brought along my SWR Working Mans Head just in case. The SVT 7-Pro performed flawlessly. Nothing beats the tone. I am also a progressive rock guitarist and my well known friend runs two SVT 2-Pros *courtesy of Ampeg*, and the tone is killer. I have to say I didn't miss anything in tone not to mention the excessive weight and cost of the all tube version. I've only had it three weeks now, but 3 more shows (all out-door) and it hasn't skipped a beat. Thanks to Zzounds for getting me a replacement toot sweet!

"Be careful of what you are getting!!" submitted March 2, 2014

By Ramon M in Mesa, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 5 years. I play the bass guitar and my band plays a few shows a month.
Music Style: Rock / Metal is our genre.
Overall: Alright so I bought this thinking that this item is perfect. It is light-weight and produces 1000W of power!!! Not to mention it is Ampeg which is known for its high quality sound and products! Not to mention a lot of professional bass players run Ampeg systems and so bam! I bought it and at first sight I loved it. The sound that it produced was unbelievable. I could not be happier. Keep in mind I play a BC Rich Widow 5 String Bass through a Boss ME-50B pedal with a Sonic maximizer i428 through a Ampeg 410HLF cab. So anyway first few practices go beautifully and I am stoked my band is stoked and then 4-6 practices later is when the problems begin. In the middle of practice the Amp starts shutting itself off then back on. It was getting really frustrating. Some practices it happened and other times it did not. I was getting really worried to because I just got this product and it is already causing me problems. So anyway I played one gig with no problems and the very next practice it happened again. I called up ZZounds and explained my problem and they said that it was fine and they would ship me a new one if I prepaid for it up front or just ship the one I have with me. I prepaid for the new one to be sent to me and I got this one in with no problems. It has not cut out since and I hope it stays working for the years to come.

"Half satisfied!!!" submitted March 31, 2011

Music Style: Rock,Metal,Fusion,
Sound: The sound was bigger and better than I expected and I'm playing with a Peavy cabinet that doesn't even come close to the ampeg svt 810 cabinet, which I will be purchasing as soon as I pay this head off! Feature: great features cant wait to try it out to it's full capabilities! again as soon as I pay the head off I will buy the 810 svt cabinet! Ease of Use: very easy to use not complicated at all as I expected! Quality: i recieved this product promptly after I ordered it within days It was packaged very well and free of any damages this is the best quality bass amp I have ever owned ampeg is number one in reputation and quality, for good reason and now I know!!!Love it! Value: The Ampeg SVT-7PRO Bass Amp Head is a great head for a great price! and it was $50 cheaper than others i compared it to! some other vendors were even charging $100 more! Manufacturer Support: No haven't needed any service, nor had any problems! The Wow Factor: lightweight! powerful, sturdy! looks very cool! Overall: Very satisfied! cant wait to purchase the Ampeg SVT 810 cabinet, that will go great with the Ampeg SVT PRO-7 Head I bought!!!

"Ampeg STV 7" submitted December 8, 2013

By Anthony D in Annapolis, MD
Musical Background: Playing since I was 12
Music Style: anything that has a beat
Overall: Great Amp all the power and tone quality I need.

"Nice lightweight, loud, Ampeg tone" submitted February 8, 2011

Overall
Sound: First of all, big kudos to zZounds.com for a great deal and great customer service. Really nice amp. Gives a real nice Ampeg sound - comparable to SVT3Pro. I like the smaller weight, although still feels very solid. I would've actually liked it a tad smaller but much better than most others. Fan is a little loud - not bad, just not silent. Will not be a problem in live settings. Also, I noticed a very small amount of noise - not unlike what you would get from a pedal - mostly when treble was high. Again, would not be a problem live. I mention these, but they are very slight, and I am pretty picky. That said, I don't believe these are bad enough to return the head. I am looking forward to gigging it soon. Not sure if I want to rack it yet, so I wouldn't mind finding a nice bag for it. Feature: No eq, which other Ampeg heads have. I don't think you will miss it. I like the compressor. Wouldn't mind an on board tuner. Ease of Use: Pretty easy. slight adjustments and you are sounding good. Not a lot of knobs, so not too complicated. Quality: Fit and finish are great. Have heard about some bad units, but so far no problems here. Solid unit Value: I think this is a pretty good value. Class D - solid unit, ampeg tone, light weight. The Wow Factor: A tad boxier and less flashy than some of the other Ampegs, but still and Ampeg and still a nice looking unit.

"Ampeg SVT-7PRO Bass Amp Head" submitted October 7, 2013

By Jimmy B in Lake Elsinore , CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played bass for over 20 years, I play a Fender Precision fret less with a jazz band and a music ministry at church.
Music Style: Jazz, Gospel, Fusion
Overall: I received the first new head with a surprise. I took it to rehearsal, plugged it in and no sound. I was very upset but after speaking with customer service I shipped it back and received a replacement immediately. This units works fine and I am happy with the sound. The amp has good sound with eq flat and I love the compressor to tighten things up. I also use its headphone feature when practicing personally.

"unreliable, terrible low power, and too expensive piece of JUNK that it really is." submitted November 25, 2011

Overall
Music Style: blues/ rock/ some country
Sound: it sounds ok but have to turn gain up almost wide open, wouldnt expect a 1000w to have such low power. I was dissappointed. I have a Hartke 350 watt that sounds 10 times better and better response. I bought this in May 2011 and it burned up 3 months later...Ampeg did replace it but I have the replacement in the original box...never used it since...looking to sell it, if I get 500 I will be happy Feature: apparently Ampeg used junk generic parts to build this amp. Quality: Burned out 3 months of use.....LOL JUNK Value: Buy a Hartke, its cheaper better sound quality and more reliable Manufacturer Support: yes I contacted Loud and they did replae the amp when it burned out, but took 4 weeks to get the replacement...good thing I kept my Hartke! The Wow Factor: no Overall: never buy Ampeg again

"Buy it and be done, you won't regret it" submitted September 4, 2011

By Kaa
Overall
Sound: True ampeg tone. I play mostly hardcore/metalcore type music and this does the job very well. Definitely a good choice if you're looking for high power and massive tone. The DI is great. Most gigs I'm running direct and use my ampeg 610 cab for stage volume. Haven't had a single issue trying to find my sound. Careful though, it does pack a large amount of power, almost destroyed my 610 Feature: Definitely nice to have the headphone option which I use a lot for pre gig jamming. The frequency selector is nice and does change the tone a bit. And having 1 kilowatt of power is also a nice touch to have. Ease of Use: No learning curve here. Just plug it in. Make sure the voltage selector is correct in the back. Pluh in your guitar and flip the switch. If you've use an amp head before, then dialing in your tone won't be a problem for you. Quality: Very well made. Sturdy and built like a tank. It's an ampeg so you know you're getting quality. I've been using it non stop on the road for about a month now with out a single issue. I carry a back up because you never know when you'll need one. It stays mounted in a rack with the latest included rack ears. It's pretty easy on the back as well as its a pretty light little amp. Back mounted fan is always nice as opposed to GK which mount theirs on the top. Value: For what you pay, you're getting a lot. I've spent a lot of research trying to find the best amp for me. Features and wattage play a big roll in what I look for with amps, and this definitely has the most when compared to other 1000 watt heads in the same price range. Manufacturer Support: I've used them in the past. Calling them is the easiest route. The Wow Factor: Not necessarily a sexy item, but does look nice in my rack and is very nice on my eyes Overall: I think this is a winner for me for awhile. Has all the power I need and is built like a tank. I'll probably only replace it if ampeg has a newer model with more power and same price. If it were stolen, I wouldn't hesitate to grab another one, it's perfect!

"Nothing but problems" submitted May 3, 2013

By keith s in Hicksville , NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass 17 years. In classic rock cover band and alternative electronic band
Music Style: Classic Rock, alternative
Overall: Turns itself off if turned past half way and played for more than 45 minutes. Too bad I ran into this problem after the 30 days because I got the B stock. It doesn't happen if it's on low volume but what's the use of a 1000 watt practice amp. The sound was nice but having it cut out on me during a live performance was the end of my trust.

"Buy it and be done, you won't regret it" submitted September 4, 2011

Musical Background: Gigging musician
Music Style: Metal, metalcore, deathcore

When you call, mention priority code 156L-RJTP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976