When you call, mention priority code 16KN-F9BB
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg SVT-4PRO Bass Head

With dual 490-watt power amps, an internal crossover for pushing multiple cabs, and a built-in compressor, this SVT is the only bass head you'll ever need.

"Why would you use anything else?" submitted August 14, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Lifelong musician
Sound: This amp has TONES of TONE!! I've had mine for four years now and play usually two shows a weekend sometimes four. No Joke. It still has so much volume, and I'm not referring to loudness which is without question loud! I'm referring to the expanse of the concussion and reverberation of the bass. I always say I don't play this bass, I feel it! On a normal basis I use the PR410HLF cab but when I really need to kickstart the earth's core and make everyones amps almost fall over I'll pair it with the SVT-410HE - Forget about it! Feature: I love being able to control my mainline out and stage volume seperately, EQ works great, Compression, I keep low bout 1/4. Brightness really does just that. Ease of Use: It's all right there. Not complicated or full of gadgets. It's a Bass amp, ya just gotta find your tone. All I've added was a KORG Tuner and the BBE. Set it and forget it. Quality: It's a MAC Truck, has taken disturbing drops in the rack but never a glitch. Value: Not cheap but ya get what ya play for. Manufacturer Support: ? Support for what ? Happy customer from the first day I rattled the house. The Wow Factor: Great looking in the rack. Overall: If this keeps performing a well as it has I don't see a need to look into anything else other than add another SVT IV Pro for the Festival and stadium stages. I and everyone else love this amp, the compliments are endless.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Amp - You won't need another amp ever!!" submitted June 29, 2014

By Robert D in Dover, DE
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 38 years - Play Bass Guitar, some rythum, a little lead guitar,
Music Style: Country, some blues, Country rock, little classic rock, rock n' roll (older)
Overall: I've had my eye this amp for quite some time, saw the special 12 month pay plan and decided to take the leap. I've heard this amp in action and it sounds great Mono Bridged @ 1200 Watts RMS with a Gallien-Krueger Neo 412 Cabinet - rated for 1200 Watts RMS all night long and 2400 Watts Power Handling! I'm still trying to get a hold of the Gallien-Krueger Neo 412 Cab. I wish zZounds.com would carry them. Listen, you can't go wrong by buying an SVT-4 Pro Bass Amp. You can really feel the power of this amp.

"Great sound, great options, rattles the walls." submitted April 29, 2007

Music Style: Hard Rock, Southern Rock
Sound: Great sound quality and versatility. I'm using this amp for hard rock/blues, and could not be happier with the sound. Especially with the gain cranked up a bit for a little "growl". Feature: The only complaint might be that I think a foot switch should have been included for the price. I'm not really using this feature, however, so it's no big deal. Also, the amount of output options on this amp is incredible. Probably more than I would ever need, but it's nice to have them available. Quality: I've only had it for a few months, but it seems to be built very solidly. I've got it mounted in a ten space rack which took a spill from the top of a speaker stack during a show (from the massive low end vibration and poor stacking on my part). I finished the set with this amp laying upside down on the stage and it never hesitated at all! The rest of the band and the sound engineer didn't even know anything had happened! Value: I guess this amp can be a little pricey for some (myself included), but you get what you pay for and I feel this was money well spent. Manufacturer Support: I've heard that it's good, but I've had no need to contact them yet. Overall: I'm completely happy with this amp and don't have any plans to replace it anytime soon! I've heard some people say that the power rating on this amp is overstated. When used in the biamp configuration, it does seem a little quiet. But, when used in the bridged-mono setup, this thing comes alive!!
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"low end power without the boom" submitted October 12, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Indie
Sound: killer low end power, good tube grind, great for rock, punk, metal anything that needs guts. Feature: great EQ options easy to customize Quality: Ive heard they can have issues but have never ran into one with daily use Value: much more natural sounding then anything Mesa makes for a lower price. Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with the company for any reason good enough sign for me The Wow Factor: Ampegs are hot Overall: nothing suits my needs better
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great value, quality, and sound for the serious and professional Bassist." submitted November 4, 2005

Overall
Music Style: R&B (Carolina's Style "Beach Music"
Sound: Awesome sound, temporarily using it with a small fender cabinet w/4-10's and this amp really enhances the sound quality. Quick response and great control. Features abound and this really makes live bass sound like recoreded base. Even the rest of the band leaned toward my gear at the first gig, and said... "That thing really kicks". A tip with this amp... play with the adjustments, and turn the bass guitar all the way up to allow full instrument tone, adjust the "Gain" until the limit light blinks, then adjust final volume with the Master. This made a major difference with my Rudy Sarzo Bass gutar. Quality: Great look on stage in my rack mount. Looks to be built like a battleship. But I'm particular about my amp rig, so it will not be stashed in the equipment truck. Instead it will go home with me. Manufacturer Support: Wished they had a customer service line on Saturdays. I had some questions and there was no Hotline for me to call for direction.

"If you want ground pounding, quality, look here." submitted June 2, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician,
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Industrial, Goth
Sound: We play deep dark heavy blues, tuned to Drop C. Of all the heads I have played the 4-pro was far bigger sounding, and had all the punch I look for. Feature: I added the Ampeg foot switch for my mute and for the eq. it is worth looking into, it was the only thing I could think of out of the box that I wished for. Ease of Use: This is a pro head, it took a couple of minutes of reading to understand setting it up, but once I started, it was easy, and it is worth reading, because this head is so versatile. Quality: Crash boom bang, life on the road happens, this head has been thru a ton, and is still working like day one. Worst thing about the 4-pro, its heavy... Value: Takes a licking, easy to set up, works hard as I do, yeah, great bang for the buck, that = great value in my book. Manufacturer Support: I have only had one question for them, it was over the configuration of the mono bridge cable, and they were very helpful. The Wow Factor: Once I had heard the 4-pro I knew I had to have it. Overall: I have played the 4-pro for some time, and I can not ever think of a different head. I can and will always say, it is heavy, but it is worth the weight.

When you call, mention priority code 16KN-F9BB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976