When you call, mention priority code 144T-PSC0

Rating and Reviews: Alesis Sumo 100 Amp

150 watts. Built-in DSP.

"Alesis Langiappe, a little extra" submitted January 24, 2005

By a customer from earthlink.net
Musical Background: active, gigging, semi-pro
Music Style: blues, r&b, gospel, jazz,
Sound: Clear, clean, balanced, neutral, sound. The dsp stereo is a surprise. The effects sound good, but I have not had occasion to need them yet. Some demerits because I think the amp should be louder. Its 100 watts do not seem to be as loud as my kbr-m's 100 watts at keyboard input, but turning it up does not degenerate the sound in the least. It's probably just the difference in the cabinets and a little + & - applied between manufacturers. No big deal. No extraneous noise. Feature: Stereo dsp lets you hook right and left synth outputs into the sumo and hook amp #2 with a stereo out jack from the sumo to amp #2. Good expanded stereo effect. I used it with a roland kc100, and with a motion sound kbr-m successfully. The effects - 8 reverb, 2 chorus, flange, rotary, delay are cool - work through the dsp. 3 band eq. mc input. I like the handle and wheels - easy to tote around Quality: It is well made. Value: I got this for $249.00, a price match from $299.00, which I think is a good deal. This amp is a bargain - good value. Manufacturer Support: Have not had the pleasure of needing support, but I assume that Alesis stands behind its gear. The Wow Factor: Well, I must have wanted it, I bought it! Not a lot of sex-appeal, except for the blue-lit 'Alesis' logo when it's turned on. It is a practical addition to my rig. I initially was going to get a Motion Sound km-12 [100 watts] to set up piano/rhodes in stereo with my kbr-m. I just could not make myself spend $500+ on it. I wanted a budget amp. So I auditioned this one at GC and a-b'd it with a Behringer kx1200 at the store. The sound was equivalent, and the Alesis won on looks, size and portability. Then when I figured out what dsp was and how well the stereo worked it turned out really well. Overall: I am out of the amp business for the time being. I would buy another one.

"Hey, check this out." submitted September 20, 2006

Music Style: Jazz, Blues and Rock & Roll
Sound: The sound is not bad. I play at a piano bar and set up my keyboard next to a piano. I use the amp to amp my keyboard and also use the mic input for singing. In this type of setting it does great! When I play in a band, there is no way that it would keep up with the PA but for its size it does just fine. Ease of Use: Theres not much to it, plug it in and turn it on. Basic controls make it very easy to use. Quality: I have had mine for about a year and a half, I have played 100+ gigs on it and taken to little jam sessions (lots of drinking) and this little speaker has taken more than its fair share of abuse and works just like it did the day I brought it home. 3 months ago I forgot to strap it down in the back of my truck and it went rolling around over my keyboard stands and I thought that was it, There was one little blemish on the vinyl covering, I thought there would be more damage and wondered if it would work, but so far so good, it has not let me down. Value: I think its worth the price, especially for how much abuse it will take. Manufacturer Support: Never have dealt with them, no need so far! The Wow Factor: Its size and ability make it appealing and very easy to transport and use. Overall: When this one wears out, I'll probably get another one. Its been great for my weekly gig.

"Finally, a decent keyboard amp!" submitted October 9, 2007

By a customer from tracycollinsmusic.com
Musical Background: Composer, arranger, musical director
Sound: I've always hated keyboard amps, but this thing is winning me over. When I first plugged it in (in my studio) I thought it sounded terribly weak, with a strange bump in the upper mids. This is probably because I was sitting with my ears at the same level as the horn (hi freq driver). Then, when I took it to church and set it up on the platform and moved a few feet away, I couldn't believe that it was the same amp. It really does sound pretty darned good. Most keyboardist want to hear the sound of their favorite studio monitors, even when playing live. The sumo sounds instead like a small PA. It certainly sounds better than the monitor wedge I had to use before! I'm glad I bought it. Feature: The inputs were what sold me on the Sumo, as opposed to buying a powered mackie speaker. It has 2 XLR outputs to send to the main PA, so your keys are sent stereo, even though you are hearing mono in the Sumo itself. The handle and wheels are great. I like the blue glowing logo. Ease of Use: It certainly is easy to use. Quality: Seems well built. Could have more substantial knobs, but then again I only paid $250 for it. Value: It's only $250, and you can use it as a mini PA. Sounds good. A simple powered speaker will cost you $350, and it will only have 1 input. I feel like I got more than I paid for. Manufacturer Support: Alesis is usually OK with support. The Wow Factor: The blue logo. What can I say- I like it. Overall: The Sumo 100 works for me. It gives me control over my own sound, as opposed to having to depend on a monitor wedge (and a shared monitor mix). It sounds good enough for me to aim it out to the audience, and feel that they are hearing my sound the way I want them to.

Alesis Sumo 100 Amp Customer Review submitted September 23, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer/composer
Music Style: All
Sound: This amp's sound is very good. The only problem I have with it is that it is no where near a rating of 150 watts. More like a 40 watt practice amp. If you're looking for a gigging amp, go for the 300 at least. Channel 1 is unusable at reasonable levels due to excessive hiss. I tried two amps and found the same problem on both. Feature: I like the wheels although I'd like them better if they could be locked in order to prop the amp up to hit ear level. The handle is quite capable. The front knobs feel really cheap and not well connected. They lack the sturdiness of a Peavey of Fender amp. Or really any opther amp I've tried. Quality: Not good. The front knobs feel really cheap and not well connected. They lack the sturdiness of a Peavey of Fender amp. Or really any opther amp I've tried.

"buyer beware" submitted February 15, 2007

By a customer from webtv.net
Overall
Musical Background: teacher player performer arranger
Music Style: jazz blues space
Sound: distorts befor loud enough to play at a gig.practice or solo only Feature: great cabinet.sturdy handle very hefty built in wheels and handle.knobs are CHEAP and wobbly.sound is harsh cheap speaker and horn.effects are bargin basement and don't respond to the settings because they are CHEAP.cool lit logo. Ease of Use: poor parameters for EQ.all knobs feel like they are falling off.stereo inputs for a mono amp,you need a 2nd amp for stereo. Quality: great heavy cabinet,full of chinese junk.this co. will go out of business if it keeps making Cheap crap like this.i am afraid to touch the knobs, let alone move it.terrible warranty.they want you to send it back to them for repairs at your cost.it needed all the knobs fixed out of the box. Value: Cheap price.Cheap product. Manufacturer Support: any co. wh won't support local repairs is not worth doing business with. The Wow Factor: nice handle and wheels great logo lights up.the Yugo of keyboard amps.We don't have to worry about the chinese space program. Overall: this works for me since I will never gig w/this and only use it for practice.

"you get what you pay for...." submitted June 20, 2008

Music Style: Latin, Trance Prog rock
Sound: Has nice balanced sound...but it's underpowered and poorly built Feature: Like the built in effects, and the stereo option, though I haven't used it. also like the wheels and handle Ease of Use: easy to use Quality: cheap cheap cheap.... I blew my first speaker ever after 35 yrs. of playing....amp is good only for low volume studio work...too flimsy build for road work cheap volume knobs... Value: ....well it was cheap so you get what you pay for.... Manufacturer Support: tryied to contact alesis to quote on a replacement speaker....no response...they don't care once you've bought the thing.... The Wow Factor: looks nice with the cool light on the front Overall: I'm trading this thing in on a more robust amp very soon....

"Very disappointing" submitted January 10, 2005

By a customer from ureach.com
Musical Background: Recording engineer, guitarist and teacher
Music Style: Variety
Overall: Some of the Alesis speaker products are just way below the standards even for amateurs. I made a mistake of buying years ago small home studio monitors (point 7) which really should be used as rear speakers for home theater surround systems.

When you call, mention priority code 144T-PSC0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976