When you call, mention priority code 14MS-KCGR

Rating and Reviews: Akai MPC500 Sampler

Small in size and completely portable, the MPC500 from Akai is great for making beats on the move. Compatible with other MPC products.

"If you want to make REAL hip/hop......." submitted October 21, 2008

Music Style: Hip/HOP, R&B, Pop
Sound: The sounds that YOU put in here could sound amazing. The quality is CD/HD quality. Very compatible with my music style since I am doing Hip/HOP, R&B & PoP. Feature: Compared to its brothers, your really not missing too much when you purchase this unit. Lets put it this way, if you have a computer with software already your already ahead of the game. Ease of Use: Very very easy to use. I think people just think it's too hard to work with, but the truth is it's probably the most basic thing to learn. Quality: I give this a perfect 10. No loose part, solid as a 70's Chevy. Value: The value is a lil' high I think. But it's well worth it. Like I said before, as long as you have a computer with software that can do what the older brothers can do you can't loose. Manufacturer Support: I have used some support. They're are on top of their business they know what your talking about & you dont have to deal with somebody from India that doesn't speak English. Straight out of Rhode Island. The Wow Factor: I have it & dont regret getting it one bit. Very very satisfied. Overall: Overall I will dish out a perfect 10. Just because i had just about every other hardware & software available & this lil' BIG guy has surpassed everything that I thought it would & could do. AMAZING. JUST AMAZING product.
45 of 51 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Worth the money!!!!" submitted December 8, 2006

Overall
Sound: Same MPC quality Feature: I love the fact, it's a portable studio on the go, about 90% of the features, the bigger units carry. Would like to have a bigger screen and chop mode for samples. Ease of Use: Im still learning the 500, everyday i use it, i find something to be more useful ,in my productions. Quality: Just like any other MPC i ever touched Value: At first, i thought it was little expensive, but now that i had it for a bit , i think is worth it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it thus far. The Wow Factor: looks good,feels good. Overall: i use other programs like reasons, to make music as well, it links up well to my daw set-up, and the sequencing on the mpc is second to none...

"Great drum machine for the price!" submitted March 8, 2011

Juan from zZounds
Musical Background: Music Producer
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: The sound quality of the mpc 500 is top notch, love the original drum kits included and love the fact you can time stretch and eq each one. The fact that it includes a easy to use usb interface for loading sounds is great also. Just drag and drop new wav files and your set to go. Feature: Love the features on this mpc, the fact you can sequence on the go is best. Plus it runs on the go with double a batterys!! Its amazing to have something so portable with this much power, for production. Love also the note repeat for making drum rolls, also the fact that you can chop sample from within the mpc is a great feature as well. Ease of Use: Fairly simple interface after using most sequencers or pc software, most stuff comes easily to user such as loading drums and making basic drum patterns. Once you get to more advance stuff like time stretching overdubbing and sequencing it takes a little extra reading to find the steps to do so Quality: Overall quality is a 10 akai is known to make great drum machines, but this one is bar far the best bang for your buck. The drum pads are the best ive ever used to date. And the drum roll button is also the best ive used aswell. The os could use a little update but it surely can be used to make amazing beats out the box. Value: Great selling price you can do almost everything you can with a mpc1000, for half the price. If your low on budget and dont have a pc this is the way to go to start on beats. Manufacturer Support: Didnt have any issues so im going to give them a 9. The Wow Factor: '' Its a mpc......enough said just with that statement'' industry standard for beat making Overall: Overall I give it a 10 just the fact it works so well with a pc and you can use it on the go is well worth it! If you cant get a mpc2000xl this is the way to go, any producer will appreciate the time and effort akai took to make this great product

"This product right here, yo is MADD HOt!" submitted March 3, 2007

Musical Background: record exec/dj/producer/rapper
Music Style: hiphop/r&b/soul/POP/rock
Sound: the sound is madd professional and clear!..damn near like HD(lol) Feature: The sampler is what gets my attention on every MPC!..i love to sample! Ease of Use: ...im having a little trouble w/ the navigation! Quality: the quality is nice!its real solid and u dont have to be afraid everytime u pick it up thinking it will break! Value: yes!!! Manufacturer Support: they really made me feel like a friend! The Wow Factor: The look is HOt!It gives u a modern day MPC look like the others of their times! Overall: ...a complete studio in my lab whenever, wherever!

"NOT for the Beginner DJ" submitted October 10, 2010

By a customer from mbira.com
Musical Background: Gigging Musician but new to the DJ World
Music Style: Celtic, Techno (w/keyboard)
Sound: I am sure the sounds on this are great, but I couldn't even get them to start up. I had the manual out and was trying to follow the instructions, but still no sound. This is not for the newbie DJ. Feature: Power supply and manual were in there, but I still had the problem of getting the machine to do what the manual said it would. Ease of Use: Huge learning curve, probably fine for users who are more adept at products like this, but as I mentioned before, this is NOT for the beginner DJ or someone who is just trying to get their feet wet in sequencing. Some of the interface seems intuitive on the surface, but it turns out to be super complicated and not responding the way the manual said it would. Quality: The casing and material used seem very durable. Of course, a World Tour Gigbag is helpful with keeping it protecting, but even without it, this doesn't seem like a flimsy piece of metal. Very sturdy...Nice to see. Value: Seems like a good way to get acquainted with the MPC line, being smaller and cheaper than the larger versions, but as I said before, as an introductory item I was hoping it would be a lot more intuitive and user friendly than it was. Manufacturer Support: I can't comment on this, as I haven't tried Akai's support yet. The Wow Factor: I liked the look of this product enough to want to try it out, and I like the portability. Seems like a very versatile stand-alone machine or add-on to another rig. Overall: Overall, if I had been able to get the machine to do what the manual said it would, I think I would have been more happy with the outcome. It is likely just a case of me needing to spend more time with the machine along-side someone who can actually get it to make sounds for me (that was the hardest part, and I never succeeded, despite the directions I tried). Without making it play, it's hard to comment on the rest of the product.

"mpc 500 a rap/what ever music beat maker" submitted January 10, 2010

Music Style: rap/hip hop
Sound: payed 2oo 4 it so far so good .im juz barly knowen how to use it.like tha way it looked loven tha way it soundz.i use my vfx ensoniq keyboard for soundz.even tho when i got it(used) it all retty had some sounds....thiz thing is great.i take care of it n it does tha same 4 me.... Feature: this lil guy is packed with thingz i barly myself juzt starten to know how to use.... Ease of Use: im learning....man when i first got it i spent like 6hrs on it lol .n made my first beat.... Quality: lets hope nothing i do goes wrong.what im tryen to say is that i hope i dont drop it.but to me it lookz tuff...i also added a clear coat slip cover to tha screen....so no sctatchez....smart Value: payed 200 and so far itz worth every penny.i also have a korg padkontrol....that im just learning how to use too....but seems to me i spend mor time with my mpc 500 Manufacturer Support: no need yet.... The Wow Factor: lookz sexey....juz somthing that has a good eye catching appeal Overall: if it got stolen ,lost, or dident work any mor 4 sum reason.i would get another one.problm is at tha same price i payed 4 it.probly not....lol

"Sexy Lady." submitted October 5, 2006

Musical Background: Rapper/Producer
Music Style: Rap
Sound: The sound is I should say number one. The sound responds even better than I imagined. It is a real easy device because it's just the same as other MPC's but smaller and portable. It has an incredible sequencer. It's design is simple and sexy. Feature: Find out for yourself before I make you bouncing off the wall so you can get it. Ease of Use: Real easy, it is the most easiest MPC I have ever worked with. It's just like a PSP because the real PSP system is PS2 and the MPC500 is just like MPC2500/MPC4000 but same quality and same sound just smaller, the PS2 might have better graphics than PSP but that isn't how the MPC500 is, this MPC is the same thing as it's brothers. Quality: You do not want me to get into talking about the quality so I will just say I give it a 10/10 - no actully I give it extra credit it's 15/10 Value: The price is expensive but I think it's worth, people think it's smaller so it must have less features - not true. It's smaller with same features, people should be happy it's this much because if they knew what the MPC500 had they would know it's worth more than $2000. Manufacturer Support: Real nice company real friendly. The Wow Factor: Damn! This thang is sexy. This thang got ass. It got curves. The looks attracted me when I first saw it. Love at first sight. Overall: This my baby I ain't never gon' break up with it.

When you call, mention priority code 14MS-KCGR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976