Get Creative with Yamaha's Top-of-the-Line PSR Arranger Synth!The Yamaha PSR-S950 Arranger Workstation keyboard bridges the gap between the professional musician and the casual hobbyist. For the keyboardist who's new to synth workstations, this flagship of the PSR line offers hundreds of easy-to-use auto-accompaniment Styles that effortlessly back up your playing with rhythm parts, bass, and more -- making you sound like a full band with very little effort.
For the seasoned pro looking to add richness to their compositions, the S950 has a deep sound set of expressive voices, a microphone input and a stunning vocal harmony engine. The PSR-S950 is a step up from the PSR-S750, with its color display, superior soundset, higher-quality speakers and much more.
And no matter what your experience level, you'll love the ability to record and play back full-quality WAV audio or MP3 files -- and even record yourself directly to a USB thumb drive.
A Well-Stocked Sound SetWith nearly 1,300 sounds -- including expressive Super Articulation patches -- you will have inspiration at your fingertips. With the S950, you get sensational sounds including the Yamaha staple grand pianos, rich orchestral pads, chugging synths, a wide selection of percussion from around the world, and even Yamaha's endlessly customizable Organ Flutes.
Super Articulation voices lend an uncanny realism to acoustic instruments -- capturing articulations like note bends, trills, fall-offs, and staccato arpeggios during performance. Play a guitar sound and you'll hear authentic open and muted strings, slides, strums, and body noises. Dial in distortion effects based on digital models of classic guitar amps and effects pedals. All of the voices you hear sound real because they are real -- you're actually playing a sound that was sampled from a real instrument. For even more possibilities, you can download more sounds with Yamaha's Voice and Style expansion packs.
Audio Styles: More than just MIDIBecome the conductor of your own band. Your PSR-S950 comes loaded with 408 wide-ranging Styles to fit your favorite kinds of music. Select a Style like 60'sGuitarPop, JazzClub, or Sci-FiMarch to instantly call up layers of sounds and rhythms that support the music you have in mind. Then conduct your virtual band with the S950's range of dedicated buttons. The PSR-S950 arranger includes 25 cutting-edge Audio Styles, with live, time-stretchable recordings of audio drum and percussion ensembles from around the world -- plus Yamaha's Guitar-Enhanced Styles, which reproduce chord voicings used by guitarists to add more realism to your playing.
Using one of the 25 Audio Styles makes you feel like you have a live percussion ensemble to back you up -- when it's really just you and your keyboard. Seamlessly transition through section and tempo changes in music with the Time Stretch function. You can speed up or slow down audio recordings without warping the pitch -- or even pitch-shift audio into your vocal range without affecting the tempo. And the powerful Music Finder sets a Style, tempo, and variation settings when you select the title of a popular song you want to play. You can even connect to the Internet directly from your keyboard and tap into the music library on Yamaha's custom website.
Record Vocals, Guitar, and MoreThe PSR-S950 wouldn't be a workstation without a flexible MIDI sequencer and audio recorder. You can record your compositions in real time, or one step at a time with the 16-track sequencer. Plug in a microphone or guitar and record audio along with your sequence, using Vocal Harmony 2 to fill in 3-part harmony along with your voice.
Of course, the PSR-S950 gives you access to a wealth of vocal processing, like reverb, chorus, and even a Vocoder for that ever-popular "robot" effect. With Pitch Shift, you can put the track in a key that you're comfortable singing in, without changing the tempo. Are you ready to share your music with the world? Plug in a USB stick and record your sequenced compositions as .WAV audio, directly to USB memory -- or record your live playing or singing with MP3 files on the USB stick. The PSR-S950 is your personal production studio.
Karaoke Night, Anyone?The Vocal Cancel function lets you take the vocal track away from the audio file you want to play, giving you the ability to sing your favorite songs karaoke-style. With the S950's big, bright color screen, you see song lyrics and music notation as the song plays. But sometimes you need an even bigger display. That's why there's a convenient RCA video out port, so you can plug in a bigger screen.
With support for an external display, plus songs you download from Yamaha's website, plus the S950's powerful speakers, plus its microphone input -- this keyboard is the perfect setup for live-band karaoke right in your living room. After all, what's a remarkable instrument like the Yamaha PSR-S950 Arranger Workstation for, if you can't have a little fun with it?
Features:- MP3 playback support
- Large 5.7-inch LCD color display
- 1299 voices and 408 styles
- Super Articulation, Mega Voices, Real Distortion and Audio Styles
- Downloadable Voice and Style expansion packs
- Microphone input with Vocal Harmony 2
- Record audio directly to a USB stick
- Loads of effects -- reverb, chorus, vocoder, and more
- Room-filling built-in 2 x 15-watt speaker system
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod connectivity with Yamaha's i-MX1 MIDI interface
Power Supply: PA-300C Power Cord (Included)
About YamahaFounded in 1887 as a company making reed organs, Yamaha is known for making a very wide array of products, from trombones to 4-wheelers. Musical instruments have always been Yamaha's main focus, and they make some of the best instruments in the world.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 39 7/16 x 5 13/16 x 17 3/16 in., (1002 x 148 x 437 mm)
- Weight: 11.5 kg (25 lbs., 6 oz.)
- Control Interface:- Keyboard:
- Number of Keys: 61- Type: Organ
- Touch Response: Hard 2, Hard 1, Medium, Soft 1, Soft 2
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend: Yes
- Modulation: Yes
- Multi Pads: 126 banks x 4 Pads
- Display: Type: Color LCD
- Size: 5.7 inch (320 x 240 dots TFT QVGA )
- Color: Color
- Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Panel: Language: English
- Tone Generation: Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony: Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Preset: Number of Voices: 786 Voices + 33 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices + GM2 + GS (for song playback)
- Featured Voices: 62 Super Articulation Voices, 23 Mega Voices, 27 Sweet! Voices, 64 Cool! Voices, 39 Live! Voices, 20 Organ Flutes!
- Expandability: Expansion Voice: Yes (approx. 64 MB max.)
- Editing: Voice Set
- Part: Right 1, Right 2, Left
- Compatibility: XG, XF, GS, GM, GM2
- Types: Reverb: 44 Presets + 3 User
- Chorus: 106 Presets + 3 User
- DSP: DSP 1: 295 Presets + 3 User, DSP 2-4: 295 Presets + 10 User
- Master EQ: 5 Presets + 2 User
- Part EQ: 28 Parts (Right 1, Right 2, Left, Multi Pad, Style x 8, Song x 16)
- Mic Effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Vocal Harmony: Number of Presets: 44
- Number of User Settings: 10
- Vocal Effect: 23
- Accompaniment Styles
- Preset: Number of Preset Styles: 408
- Featured Styles: 25 +Audio, 1 FreePlay, 350 Pro, 32 Session
- Fingering: Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Control: INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
- Other Features: Music Finder: 2,500 Records
- One Touch Setting (OTS): 4 for each Style
- File Format: Style File Format, Style File Format GE
- Expandability: Expansion Style: Yes
- Expansion Audio Style: Yes (approx. 64 MB max.)
- Preset: Number of Preset Songs: 5
- Recording: Number of Songs: Unlimited (depending on USB flash memory capacity)
- Number of Tracks: 16
- Data Capacity: approx. 300 KB/Song
- Recording Function: Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording
- Compatible Data Format: Playback: SMF (Format 0 & 1), XF
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Registration: Number of Buttons: 8 presets/bank (unlimited number of banks, depending on USB flash memory capacity)
- Control: Registration Sequence, Freeze
- Lesson/Guide: Lesson/Guide: Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Your Tempo
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT): Yes
- Demo/Help: Demonstration: Yes
- USB Audio Recorder: Playback: .wav, .mp3
- Recording: .wav
- Overall Controls: Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose: -12 - 0 - +12
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440 - 466.8 Hz
- Octave Button: Yes
- Scale Type: 9 Presets
- Miscellaneous: Direct Access: Yes
- Text Display Function: Yes
- Wallpaper Customization: Main, Lyrics
- Voices: Voice Creator: Yes
- Harmony/Echo: Yes
- Panel Sustain: Yes
- Mono/Poly: Yes
- Voice Information: Yes
- Styles: Style Creator: Yes
- Style Recommender: Yes
- OTS Informa
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
Product DescriptionThe Yamaha PSR-S950 is packed with amazing Voices, Styles and comprehensive features to help you create, arrange, perform and record your music in any genre. Yamaha's cutting edge sound innovation takes a step further with "Audio Styles." Audio Styles give your performance greater expressive potential by adding real audio drum and percussion parts to Yamaha's Guitar Enhanced Style engine. Additionally, the built-in FlashROM lets you load Voices and Style Expansions (VSE) from around the world.
Just play to experience incredibly realistic, expressive soundAcoustic instrument-specific articulations, nuances and dynamics are challenging to reproduce. As the world's largest musical instrument manufacturer, Yamaha has perfected both the science and art of this process to bring you the most sophisticated, musical-sounding and easy-to-play instrument Voices.
Super Articulation (SA)Super Articulation Voices reproduce the performance characteristics of acoustic instruments so authentically, you'll feel as if you're playing the real thing. Best of all, SA Voices intelligently add just the right expressive nuances to your performance without having to learn a bunch of tricks - just play!
Mega Voice Style TechnologyMega Voices feature various playing techniques and performance sounds like guitar and bass finger slides, brass falls, vocal effects, etc. When used in Styles, Mega Voices provide some of the most realistic-sounding and dynamic accompaniments.
Powerful, pro-quality accompaniment available at the touch of a buttonPlaying a Style is like being the conductor of a band that always plays the chord and arrangement you tell them to play. The PSR-S950 has a huge set of 408 built-in dynamic Styles. Yamaha Styles are created by the world's best programmers and mixed by professional studio engineers to ensure unparalleled quality.
Audio StylesAudio Styles take one step further by adding an audio recording of studio drummers, percussionists and percussion ensembles playing in various recording studios from around the world. This adds the natural feel, ambience and warmth to the drum and percussion parts of the Style, giving your performance greater expressive potential. Yamaha Time Stretch Technology allows the audio to follow your tempo changes without changing pitch, so everything stays in perfect sync.
Guitar-Enhanced Styles with Mega VoicesGuitar-Enhanced Styles not only reproduce the sound of guitar playing, they reproduce the actual chord voicings used by guitar players. This adds to the overall realism of the Style.
Vocal features create a depth of fun and productivityWhether you sing for fun, enjoy karaoke or are a singer/songwriter, the PSR-S950 provides everything you need to perform or write. Just plug in your mic and sing!
Vocal CancelA powerful Vocal Cancel function effectively cancels or suppresses signals like vocals and solos that exist in the center of an audio file, allowing you to make your own "minus one" track and sing "karaoke" style with just instrumental backing.
Microphone input / Vocal HarmonyThe PSR-S950's microphone input lets you connect a microphone and sing along with your keyboard performance, Song or audio file playback. With Vocal Harmony you can sing along with three of your own virtual background vocalists. Vocal Harmony2 takes that a step further with pitch recognition and stability controls. A convenient real-time Mic Level indicator is included in the main display, and an intuitive graphic user interface makes it easy to experiment with your own mic settings, effects and harmony types. To get you started, PSR-S950 includes 44 exciting Vocal Harmony presets, including male, female Voices, SFX settings.
Score, Lyrics and Text displayThe large LCD display can show lyric, music notation or text. You can even display this information on an external monitor.