Yamaha DGX-640 Portable Grand KeyboardThe DGX-640 is Yamaha's most piano-like Portable Grand ever, with its weighted Graded Hammer Standard keyboard action and wide selection of piano Voices. Selecting a sound is as easy as keying in a number, and recording virtuoso performances is simple with the built-in recorder. The Yamaha Education Suite and USB connectivity add functionality.
Graded Hammer Standard KeyboardJust as on a traditional acoustic piano, the keys of the lower notes have a heavier touch, while the higher ones are more responsive to lighter playing. The keyboard's sensitivity can even be adjusted to match your playing style. This Graded Hammer technology also enables the instrument to provide authentic touch in a lightweight instrument. The matte finish of the black keys enhances the keyboard's luxurious appearance.
Amazingly Realistic and Dynamic SoundsYamaha's highly acclaimed Sweet! and Cool! Voices deliver incredibly natural and very dynamic sound. Use the Pitch Bend wheel and hear these Voices--especially the Sax and Trumpet--truly come alive!
Live!, Cool! and Sweet! VoicesA huge palette of acoustic and electronically amplified instrument sounds. A blend of long, stereo and multi-layered samples is used to fully capture the natural presence, resonance, expression and vibrato of the real instrument.
Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
237 types of the DSP effect can be added to the Main and Dual Voices. These range from reverb-like ambience effects to distortion and other dynamic processing tools that let you enhance the sound, or completely transform it.
Easy Song ArrangerIn addition to each song's default style, you can select any other style to play the song with the Easy Song Arranger feature. This means that you can play a song that is normally a ballad, for example, as a bossa nova, as a hip-hop tune, etc. You can create totally different arrangements by changing the style with which a song is played. You can also change the song's melody Voice and the keyboard Voice for a complete change of image.
Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.)Play along with a song on the instrument's keyboard and produce a perfect performance every time ... even if you play wrong notes! All you have to do is play on the keyboard--alternately on the left- and right-hand ranges of the keyboard, for example--and you'll sound like a pro as long as you play in time with the music.
Music Database plus External FilesYou want to play music in your favorite style, but you're not sure how to select the best Voice and style for the type of music you want to play... simply select the appropriate style from the Music Database. The panel settings will automatically be adjusted for the ideal combination of sounds and style! Furthermore, this instrument allows Music Database files transferred from a computer or stored on a USB flash memory device. These files can be used in the same way as the internal Music Database.
USB TO DEVICEThe USB TO DEVICE on the instrument allows you to connect USB memory devices such as flash drives or hard drives, enabling you to save or load registrations and user songs created on the instrument, as well as read data from the connected device such as MIDI files or style files.
USB TO HOSTDive in and take advantage of the wide world of computer music software. Connections and setup are exceptionally easy, and you can play back your computer-recorded parts with different instrument sounds - all from a single instrument.
Easy Performance with Music Notation DisplayWhen you play back a song, the corresponding score will be shown on the display. This is a great way to learn how to read music. If the song contains lyric and chord data, the lyrics and chords will also appear on the score display.
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.)Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is an advanced set of helpful learning tools built into the instrument, letting you teach yourself how to play and perform. Y.E.S. helps you master a song with easy lesson steps. Each lesson can be done in isolation with either your left hand or right hand, or both.
Optional three-pedal unit (LP-7A)The pedal unit has three foot pedals that produce a range of expressive effects similar to those produced by the pedals on an acoustic piano.
Power Supply: Yamaha PA-150 Power Cord (Included)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Width: 1,399mm (55-1/16") with keyboard stand
- Height: 761mm (29-15/16") with keyboard stand
- Depth: 445mm (17-1/2") with keyboard stand
Weight: 27.7kg (61lbs. 1oz.) with keyboard stand
- Keyboard: Number of Keys: 88
- Type: Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard
- Touch Response: Yes
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend: Yes
- Display: Type: Full Dot LCD
- Size: 320 x 240 dots
- Color: Monochrome
- Contrast: Yes
- Score Display Function: Yes
- Lyrics Display Function: Yes
- Language: English
- Panel: Language: English
- Tone Generation: Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony: Number of Polyphony (Max.): 64
- Preset: Number of Voices: 142 + 381 XGlite + 12 Drum/SFX Kits
- Featured Voices: 3 Live! Voices, 8 Sweet! Voices, 5 Cool! Voices
- Compatibility: GM: Yes
- XGlite: Yes
- XF: Yes
- Types: Reverb: 35 types
- Chorus: 44 types
- DSP: 238 types
- Master EQ: 5 types
- Functions: Dual/Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- Panel Sustain: Yes (in Menu)
- Preset: Number of Preset Styles: 165
- Fingering: Multi / Full Keyboard, AI Finger
- Style Control: INTRO, MAIN x 2, FILL-IN, ENDING
- Custom: User Styles: Style File Format
- Other Features: Easy Song Arranger: Yes
- Music Database: 305 + External Files
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Yes
- Preset: Number of Preset Songs: 30
- Recording: Number of Songs: 5
- Number of Tracks: 6 (5 Melody + 1 Chord)
- Data Capacity: Approx. 30,000 notes for 5 user songs (when only "melody" tracks are recorded)
Recording Function: Yes
- Compatible Data Format: Playback: SMF
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Registration: Number of Buttons: 4 ( x 8 banks )
- Lesson/Guide: Performance Assistant Technology (PAT): Chord, Melody, Chord/Free, Chord/Melody
Yamaha Education Suite (YES): Waiting, Your tempo, Minus one, Repeat & Learn, Chord Dictionary
- Demo/Help: Demonstration: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280
- Transpose: -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning: Yes
- Miscellaneous: PIANO Button: Portable Grand Button
Storage and Connectivity
- Storage: Internal Memory: 1895KB
- External Drives: Optional USB Flash Memory (via USB To Device)
- DC IN: DC IN 12V
- Headphones: x 1
- Sustain Pedal: x 1
- Pedal Unit: x 1
- USB TO DEVICE: Yes
- USB TO HOST: Yes
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers: 6W + 6W
- Speakers: 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
- Power Supply: Adaptor (PA-150 or the equivalent )
- Bundled Software
- CD-ROM: Yes
- Music Rest: Yes
- Power Supply: Yes
- Keyboard Stand: Yes
- Pedal/Footswitch: Yes
- Song Book: Included in CD-ROM with PFD format
Power Supply: Yamaha PA-150 Power Cord (Included)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011